Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Could America's next big crisis be the lack of privacy?

There are drones that may be legalized soon. And these suckers can fly undetected into your room and offer whoever's controlling it (on an iphone/ipad) "unblinking hours of footage". This means people can spy on you when you are naked or in the shower or randomly invade celebrities' lives and there's no way to detect it. Imagine that, we'd be constantly watched. Every moment of our lives on camera. To me, that's seriously creepy and disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 507/12/2013

Keep your fucking blinds closed.

by Anonymousreply 107/11/2013

You're right, OP -- and what disturbs me the most about it is the number of people who do not find it disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 207/11/2013

In what sense is a drone flying around inside the room you're standing in undetectable?

You are aware that satellite technology already allows the owners of satellites to see an ant in your yard, right? It's actually nothing new. In all the years it's been around, it hasn't infringed on my privacy or invaded my life in any way.

In what way, specifically, has your life been altered or affected by this? Not how you feel about it - you're foursquare agin it - I get that. I'm asking if it's had any real impact on your life and I suspect the answer is no.

by Anonymousreply 307/11/2013

honestly, if the government is flying drones around to watch me or anyone else in the shower (under the guise of national security, no less), that's the least of our problems

If this is their security plan, we're fucked and this country is going to get attacked like never before because they are focusing in the wrong damn place. I know it sounds racist, but they security services need to seriously focus on the people who have been known to do this.

Our government has been spying on people (phone, internet, mail and who knows what else) for over a decade. This is not new. Other countries in Europe have been doing this too. London and most major British cities have had security cameras ALL OVER their cities for more than 15 yrs. Where do you think NYC and other cities got the idea from?

by Anonymousreply 407/11/2013

And it's been a bad thing R4. That's how they keep political control and remove anyone who opposes them. Your idiocy is in thinking they have any real brief to catch bad guys. They are the bad guys and the people they want to catch are anyone who is wise to them and anybody who could get wise to them. You truly are a privileged moron if you don't understand the danger of the mass surveillance state.

by Anonymousreply 507/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!