Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BBC's Christianity: A History

For those who are interested, this is a several part series on the history of Christianity. It's a really incredible series. I attended Catholic School for 12 years but learned almost nothing about Christian history. Now I know why, because it's steeped in lies, corruption and mass genocide. Even my high school's football team name was the Crusaders, although the Crusades were one of world history's darkest moments.

Each episode is hosted by a different person, each with a different relation to Christianity.

If only more Christians knew the true history of their meaningless cult.

by Anonymousreply 907/13/2013

When the countries in Europe were raising armies to go to the Holy Land for the Pope's Crusade, the army in Germany didn't join up with the rest. Instead, they stayed in Germany to kill Jews. Hitler's 20th century plan wasn't original.

by Anonymousreply 107/12/2013

OP you are an idiot. We have our own birthers like you. What BS - you know nothing about history.

by Anonymousreply 207/12/2013

The BBC network is not exactly known to be pro-gay OP..... Stonewall and Peter Tachell have heavily criticized the BBC over the years and still do today.

ITV is the gay friendly network in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 307/12/2013

The Crusades were no worse than thousands of other wars in Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia, South Asia and East Asia. The Mongols killed millions more than the Crusaders did.

The Ottoman Empire constantly made war on Europe. The Roman empire killed millions. The Persians, the Assyrians, Hittites, Greeks, Crimeans, Moors, Turks, Central Asian emirs, Japanese shoguns, Chinese dynasties, Hindus, Sikhs, Koreans, Vietnamese, Cambodians have made genocide or been massacred through the centuries. And everyone is always fainting over the crusades.

There are untold numbers of areas that used to be pagan, Buddhist and Christian where the people were forced to convert to Islam for over 1,000 years. And they were the lucky ones. The tens of millions of unlucky ones were tortured, burned, flayed, roasted, beheaded, boiled in oil, chopped into pieces and fed to dogs. and it's still going on. Advocate for education for women and the Taliban will shoot you in the head. Bride kidnapping is still a daily occurrence in the Caucasus.

The Crusades took place sporadically for nowhere near 1000 years.

Excuse me for not waaahing over them.

by Anonymousreply 407/12/2013

There are wars over religion.

I did not know that.

by Anonymousreply 507/12/2013

What r4 said.

by Anonymousreply 607/12/2013

R4, that was probably the most insightful comment I've ever seen on DL.

by Anonymousreply 707/12/2013

That's all very true, r4, but none of that negates the fact that Christianity has been a despicable organization that has caused plenty of death and mayhem over the centuries.

by Anonymousreply 807/12/2013

Human beings kill each other. In the last 100 years the biggest mass murderers (200 million+ for those three) were all atheists - Hitler, Stalin and Mao. Armies, governments, parties, organizations, tribes, nations, religions - all of them are murderous. The problem is with humanity in every corner of the globe. If a religion can curb the human primate instinct to kill, steal and torture others than it can do good.

by Anonymousreply 907/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!