Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Re: Reading "Going Clear" part 2

Please keep posting, when part 1 fills up.

by Anonymousreply 16111/25/2014

bump so this isn't lost.

by Anonymousreply 107/11/2013

Another reason to hate the cult is this comment from THR:

". . . The vast majority of Scientologists are conservatives. Greta van Susteren, for example, and her husband John Coale, who started SarahPAC. The Facebook pages of Scientologists are often indistinguishable from those of Tea Partiers or Ron Paul libertarians. The same obnoxious memes about tyranny and Obama, etc. The only real difference is that conservatives don't get as exercised over psychiatry."

by Anonymousreply 207/11/2013

[quote]VOTN, the special language is part of indoctrination and control - it separates followers from reality, makes them feel special and important, and primes them for the rest of the thought-stopping. Many exes say the single most valuable thing they did to speed up the long process of breaking free was to stop using, and thus thinking in, Scientologese.

Oh, I know that. The exercise where the pre-Clears need to stare at each other for two straight hours without moving, speaking, or blinking excessively seems straight out of Manchurian Candidate 101.

It just surprises me that when they start getting into the upper levels, they don't realize the bullshit. I mean, Paul Haggis' first reaction to OT III was "This is a test, and if I say I believe it, they'll know I'm crazy."

Maybe that's the difference between what Jenna Miscavige Hill calls the "public Scientologists" and the Sea Org people.

by Anonymousreply 307/12/2013

According to John Coale's own blog, he's a Democrat and he and Twisted Face have held Democratic fundraisers.

At their 1% level of wealth and influence, political distinctions blur.

by Anonymousreply 407/12/2013

I don't buy it about most Scienos being conservative. The few I've known have been pretty liberal and have been drawn in because they had to replace their discarded religion with another one. They knew they didn't want what they had, but they were afraid to not have any beliefs at all. ...

And Van Susteren is a liberal who pretends to be conservative for pay.

by Anonymousreply 507/12/2013

I would have guessed that Scienos put themselves above politics.

What was that thing Tammy said about coming upon a disaster or crisis in the world and knowing that, as a Scieno, he was "the only one who could fix it" or some shit like that? I may not have the details right but the gist of it is there. An ego so massive that you immediately know it's built on a mountain of insecurities.

by Anonymousreply 607/12/2013

I thought that was Mark Wahlberg, r6.

by Anonymousreply 707/12/2013

No, I'm pretty sure it was Tammy.

Although, to be fair, Marky Mark also has a massive ego built on a mountain of insecurities. He does say a lot of dumb, arrogant things.

I still remember this as a Scieno thing.

by Anonymousreply 807/12/2013

Mark Wahlberg said he could have prevented 9/11 if he'd been on the first plane.

Tom Cruise did indeed say that he was "the only one" who could fix a disaster should one occur. Based on context, he meant of all those present, because he was a scienotologist (and they aren't), he's the only one who can save the world. This was aroudn the time he was taking credit for saving the lives of others.

by Anonymousreply 907/12/2013

The Scientology Celebrities blog keeps on giving:

[quote]Now, despite our animosity towards Kool Aid drinkers in general & Scilons in particular, there are some Scilons we don’t like to talk about or take an interest in. We tend to avoid talking about John Travolta, for example, because Scilon publics & senior staff gossip about him so much & in the worst ways possible that he’s the butt of jokes whenever he quietly shows up for auditing at CC Int. CC Int execs have no respect for him at all, and security guards treat him like a pariah. Despite the shit they give him & put him through, Travolta treats everyone with respect & goes out of his way to be nice. Kelly Preston is treated with even more contempt & derision, so much so that she’s been bullied & guilted (like Billy Sheehan) into giving public lectures at CC Int in addition to being subjected to various humiliations.

They go on to call the Travoltas "severely addicted Kool Aid drinkers"

by Anonymousreply 1007/12/2013

R9, Then why would TC need to have his own underground bunker in his CO compound, if he can save the world? Of course it's not as elaborate as LRH's, complete with it's own dry cleaners, and logos that can be seen from the atmosphere, signaling the spirits where to bring the reincarnated "savior." LOL that it's built on CA earthquake vault.

by Anonymousreply 1107/12/2013

Is there a Clooney connection with Scienos? He took acting classes with Scieno recruiter Milton Katselas, lived with Kelly Preston, and was rumored to also have an affair with Kirstie Allie. Don't know when Preston and Allie joined the cult.

Just asking because there's a cray-cray on a website claiming that the 2 women blackmailed Clooney, and there's a CDAN blind supposedly about the whole shockeroo. Already know that it's a contest between all parties mentioned of whom tells the most fibs. Does the cult really have sex tapes on many celebs?

by Anonymousreply 1207/12/2013

Has anyone read the Scieno blogs trying to destroy Paul Haggis and Tony Ortega? Supposedly there's a new one on Leah Remini.

by Anonymousreply 1307/12/2013

where are these scieno blogs? Is there a link?

I am reading the book right now and find it fascinating and yet I can't understand how in the world Law Enforcement doesn't seem to get involved.

The stuff done to the kids is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 1407/12/2013

R14, I provided links at the end of the Leah Remini thread, in the discussion of why law enforcement doesn't get involved. Other articles are linked at the end of Going Clear part 1. I always read the comments section, and post some of the info, obviously from former high level Scienos "in the know."

Basically law enforcement in So CA gets massive amounts of payola from the cult. Both retired FBI agents and Viet Nam and military vets provide security. Off-duty police moonlight too.

Scienos have an underground bunker, a massive amount of illegal, high-tech weapons, connections to MidEast arms dealers, and unlimited manpower as cannon fodder. They also have plenty of money and willpower to destroy anyone that attacks them in any way. They make the Mob look like the Boy Scouts.

by Anonymousreply 1507/12/2013

Another Scieno tidbit.

"Narconon . . . a very smart system of finding addicts and dealers and dissing the dealers to the police - a Columbian military man is the latest Freedom Medal winner, and the rich Columbian, people know how he was turning entheta cash into theta cash."

by Anonymousreply 1607/13/2013

Scienos allegedly already registered whoisleahremini.com - that is their handle of dirt on people. WHOISxcelelbrity.com

I haven't checked the whoispaulhaggis.com one but I should.

by Anonymousreply 1707/13/2013

OMG, I am checking whoispaulhaggis.com !! It's PATHETIC & laughable!

by Anonymousreply 1807/13/2013

R17, R18, Thanks for the links. Please let me know when they start printing ludicrous trash about Remini. Some of the garbage I've been reading (and posting on these threads) about the cult have been so unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 1907/13/2013

R18, Here's the link for Lawrence Wrights' expose on Mormonism, that the Scieno blog referenced. If they were trying to dis Wright and Haggis together, it backfired. The ex-Mormon blogs discuss the parallels between the 2 beliefs, such as bizarre names for "nearby" planets, and the secret history's not readily made available to new recruits.

Both also apparently have large amounts of gold bars hidden in underground vaults. Supposedly if they put religious texts on the gold, then they don't have to declare it as income. Tax lawyers, is that true?

by Anonymousreply 2007/13/2013

We're on Reading Going Clear level II!

R598 in the previous thread asked: [quote]Anyone know the status of any of these lawsuits?

There are 20+ civil suits going against Narconon in various states, including a state class action in GA meant to trigger the state RICO statute (this brings the cult's out-of-state corporations into the lawsuits.) Civil attorneys are starting to pop up who specialize in suing Narconon. More lawsuits are on the way!

In FL, the Garcia family is suing the cult for return of the donations they made for the uncompleted 'Super Power' project. The cult bought off an ex-member, Brian Culkin, to give a statement that they are attempting to use to have the Garcias' attorneys removed from this case. Culkin is resisting a deposition with the cult's help, but that won't last long, and when he is deposed it will not go well for them.

Not a lawsuit, but Leah Remini has apparently brought on a big win tonight - Miscavige had a huge event scheduled tonight in Clearwater that was cancelled just a few hours ago, probably out of fear of spreading the gossip even faster among remaining members gathered under the same roof!

by Anonymousreply 2107/13/2013

R21, Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted on all news or info blogs.

by Anonymousreply 2207/13/2013

I live in Denver and Scientology just opened a new center in lower downtown.

My partner and I were at a Japanese Festival recently and saw a woman attempting to hand out fliers. She was so mousey that no one was paying any attention to her.

I knew she was a Scientologist because she had on a red tee-shirt with Dianetics written on it. Poor thing, they obviously gave her a bunch of fliers and told her that she could not eat or sleep until she gave them all out.

I took a flier and wished her good luck; meaning: I hope you get out of this alive.

by Anonymousreply 2307/13/2013

There's more than just civil suits, though.

The Gwinnett County GA DA and the state insurance fraud unit raided Narconon in Atlanta on April 26, carried out so many computers and files they had to run out and rent a van, and are still going through the mountain of evidence. The initial warrant was for 3 million in potential insurance fraud with just two insurers, United Healthcare and Blue Cross - exNarconon whistleblowers say the total insurance fraud in GA may be 10-13 million across all insurers, and nationwide possibly as much as 50-70 million. Other insurers will likely get involved in this, and the same whistleblowers are cooperating fully and have provided evidence that the fraud extends to other states.

But wait, there's more! Family members say that Narconon opened credit cards in their name that they did not give permission for (the cult also does this to its members.) The DA is investigating this too. And the two MDs whose names were signed to the insurance claims have already stated they did not see these patients at all, so who knows what other charges may come of that?

Narconon GA is virtually dead, and its license revocation hearing is scheduled for this coming Wednesday, July 17, in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 2407/13/2013

DL, I've never been a member of any cult but am strongly opposed to anyone who abuses children, as well as adults, in any way, shape, or form. Is there anything that I or anyone else can do to hasten the permanent departure of this insanity?

by Anonymousreply 2507/13/2013

Much of Scienos billions in assets are hidden out of the country, or in other peoples' names. There are gold bricks buried in milion dollar underground vaults. Are the powers that be doing anything to ensure that more money won't disappear, so that the lawsuits can be paid off, once the Scienos exhaust their non-stop, frivolous delaying tactics?

Does anyone else feel like that they're reading a true story version of James Bond? IMHO it sounds better than the summer's comic book thrillers. Would King David make a good Bond villain?

by Anonymousreply 2607/13/2013

[quote]Does anyone else feel like that they're reading a true story version of James Bond?

Actually, I have thought of Miscavige as Bond villain, but it was more along the lines of an unstable Dr. Evil from Austin Powers.

by Anonymousreply 2707/14/2013

From Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker:

"Someone Apparently Forgot to Notify the VA that Scientology is a Religion Thanks to a sharp-eyed reader who brought to our attention an interesting page at the website of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

The page contains an eclectic rundown of all the religious symbols the VA recognizes and will put on grave markers in our national cemeteries. If you’ve ever been in one of our national cemeteries, you may remember that some headstones carry symbols, some don’t, and you’ll see a lot of Christian crosses and Stars of David, and a few other types.

We didn’t realize that there’s an official list of such symbols. And it’s interesting to see that the VA is rather catholic about it (lower-case “c”), with everything from Eckankar to Wicca to atheism, to the Hammer of Thor, available for our fallen heroes of minority faiths (or no faith at all).

Interestingly, there’s one symbol that is noticeably missing.

Someone Apparently Forgot to Notify the VA that Scientology is a Religion."

by Anonymousreply 2807/14/2013

Comparison between S-Lying-Tology cross and that of Crowley's Satanism cross.

Also info on why Germany doesn't recognize the cult as a religion, comparing LRH to Hitler and claiming both were seriously mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 2907/14/2013

I'm not usually a big fan of the Germans but in this case they've certainly done the right thing. (Although I vaguely remember reading that they'd backed off a bit? Not sure.)

Sooner or later Scientology will be removed from every country's roster of recognized religions.

by Anonymousreply 3007/14/2013

[quote]Someone Apparently Forgot to Notify the VA that Scientology is a Religion

More likely, it was because they would have demanded payment for putting it on a headstone.

by Anonymousreply 3107/14/2013

R30, This is better than watching a Reality Show trainwreck, right?

". . . 2nd and 3rd generation scientologists. They either kick their way out of the bubble screaming No F'n Way! or they become Children of the Corn Walking Dead or even worst...

Little Hubbards. And that's just how Ron the Hubster wanted it. He would be So pleased:

"'He said it was an idea he had picked up from Nazi Germany. He said Hitler was a madman, but nevertheless a genius in his own right and the Nazi Youth was one of the smartest ideas he ever had. With young people you had a blank slate and you could write anything you wanted on it and it would be your writing. That was his idea, to take young people and mould them into little Hubbards."

by Anonymousreply 3207/14/2013

I'm surprised LRH never followed Charles Lindbergh's example and tried to start his own master race with multiple women simultaneously. I mean, I know he was a bigamist, but he only had about half the number of children Lindbergh did.

by Anonymousreply 3307/14/2013

All I have to say is I want Jason Beghe in my quite, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 3407/14/2013

Remini has been declared a "Suppressive Person," essentially an enemy of Scieno, even though she left relatively quietly, and has not yet published a book or agreed to a pap interview.

"SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

HEEEEELLLLOOOOOOOOO! Law enforcement?"

by Anonymousreply 3507/14/2013

From Tony Ortega's blog on the connection between the cult and Satanism,

"The Church of Scientology: A History of a New Religion by Ohio State professor Hugh Urban"

Afer his involvement in WWII, Hubbard shacked up with Jet Propulsion Lab rocket scientist Jack Parsons, a man heavily into the occult, and in particular the teachings of The Great Beast, British occultist Aleister Crowley . . . kinky things Parsons and Hubbard did trying to create a "Moonchild."

But what Urban does in a new piece for the journal Nova Religio is produce a thorough, academic study of the ways that Crowley's "magick" found parallels in what would become Hubbard's most famous creation . . .

Urban's article is titled "The Occult Roots of Scientology?: L. Ron Hubbard, Aleister Crowley, and the Origins of a Controversial New Religion"

The relationship between Hubbard and Parsons ended badly, with accusations of fraud and theft. But later, as Hubbard developed his ideas for Dianetics and Scientology, his experience with Crowley's "Ordo Templi Orientis" (OTO) seems to have permeated his thinking and even the terminology of the church.

Urban notes that the church itself has virulently denied that Hubbard's occult activities had anything to do with Scientology, or that remnants of Crowley's occult ideas can be found in its scriptures. But one of the most useful things about Urban's article is the way he shows that it's the church's own statements and legal maneuvers which tend to verify the connection between Crowley's "magick" and Hubbard's "tech."

Urban focuses particularly on his book Magick in Theory and Practice, which Hubbard would later cite in lectures."

by Anonymousreply 3607/14/2013

Connection between Satanism and the Cult, cont.

"Crowley's ceremonial magick dealt fundamentally with the projection of Intention...which is basically what you're doing in, say, the Scientology training routine of 'yelling-at-an-ashtray.' This drill is passed when you perceive you've 'put' your intention 'into' a heavy glass ashtray.

The origins of Scientology are found in Gnosticism.

Aleister Crowley's Spermo-Gnostic Sect, the Ordo Templi Orientis [OTO].

The OTO expanded to America at LA's 'Agape Lodge.' L. Ron Hubbard was a member of the LA 'Agape Lodge' and was mentored by its leader, Jack Parsons.

L. Ron Hubbard stole the Spermo-Gnostic OTO's Thelemic teachings, and rewrote it into a bad science-fiction novel he later took from to found his Scientology religion.

Watch "Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000", and you'll see Scientology is very much like the Christian Gnosticism mythology filled with clones, an evil fake god creator, age old aliens and tortured and endlessly reincarnated earth bound 'souls'. What follows is just a summary of Old and New Testament Gnostic and Spermo-Gnostic beliefs."

by Anonymousreply 3707/14/2013

The Scientology Celebrity blog is really bringing it down on Cruise. They're naming people who are bad-mouthing him internally (besides Miscavige). They dish a lot more on him.

[quote]But to be used & manipulated as a useful idiot the same way Soviet agents used & manipulated Western leftists is probably something that he simply cannot bring himself to confront. When Katie divorced him last year, CC Int execs suddenly dropped the sycophant act & started talking trash about Tom, privately mocking him among themselves. Some staff, especially the 1.1 Div 2 registrars (Tim “Butthead” Butler, Brian Phillips, Anne Norlen, Cathy Garcia), went to great lengths to educate their customers, err, we mean parishioners, that Tom Cruise really didn’t represent Scientology, and that he certainly wasn’t a model of the ideal Scientologist.

by Anonymousreply 3807/17/2013

Sorry forgot the link

by Anonymousreply 3907/17/2013

On the lawsuit front, while primetime was on there was a big change in the Garcia civil suit in Florida - the cult's witness against them flipped (again) and *hired the anticult lawyer they fear most.* This attorney really wants to depose David Miscavige! Stock up on popcorn for this one.

The hearing to suspend Narconon's license in GA has been postponed until August 26. Narconon GA is emptier than ever.

In CA, we have no word yet on whether the cult gave Laura DeCrescenzo her full files - most likely what they did turn over to her was incomplete, putting them in contempt of court. This is the lawsuit over her forced abortion in the Sea Org at age 17.

Best of all, between planting a false story in the Chicago Sun-Times, their lies in a statement this week denying disconnection, and Kirstie Alley's big dumb Twitter mouth, they have finally pushed the Remini family too far. Nicole Remini has given an interview to Tony Ortega, which will be fun to watch as it cycles around through the entertainment press. This is the story that keeps on giving!

There must be thousands of people with true stories of disconnection to tell. IMO, nothing demonstrates the cult's insanity more clearly than their continuing attempts to deny this part of Hubbard's fucked-up doctrine.

by Anonymousreply 4007/18/2013

[R25], you asked if there is anything you can do to help. Yes, and you can do it without even picking up a protest sign.

First off, don't watch entertainment media with Scientologists in it, and TELL EVERYONE WHY. Too many people still aren't aware of the problems surrounding the cult, and every person who learns is another one they can't get their hooks into. This is especially important with children and younger adults. The ultimate goal is to cut off their oxygen - if they can't recruit new suckers, they'll never recover from the ongoing loss of current members.

Get educated on the cult's front groups so you know the other names they use to try to sneak by. WWP maintains a thread with lists that I've linked below. Don't be like Kerry Kennedy, who nearly got sucked into endorsing Anne Archer's "Artists for Human Rights"...or let your kids get sucked into the "Drug Free Marshals" or "Say No to Drugs Say Yes To Life" programs.

If you're on Twitter, ask the cult's celebrities "Where's Shelly Miscavige?" with the #scientology hashtag (cult has long since lost control there.) Please do include @kirstiealley here! I'll put up a list if anyone wants one.

Join Leah Remini's Facebook if you want to show her support, and ask celebrity Scientologists the same question there, too.

Post the truth about the cult in online forums, whatever you read. Online comments show the media that people are interested when they report on the cult. And there are too many people who, in saying "ALL religions are bad," derail discussion of the cult's criminal activities. Make sure all the gay boards know about kids like Derek, disconnected just for his sexuality. But you don't have to stop there - tell the wingnuts and freepers about Operation Snow White. Tell the frauen about forced abortions in the Sea Org. Tell the church folk about child abuse and disconnection. And tell EVERYONE about Xenu!

by Anonymousreply 4107/18/2013

For those who want to get a little more involved:

If you live in OK, FL, GA, CA, OK, MI or CO you have one of the cult's Narconon "rehab" facilities in your state. Letters to state representatives and licensing authorities have proven critical here. There is an active and persistent effort going on against Narconon at the link below. If you don't care to get involved directly, they will accept donations to purchase legal filings in old court cases - these are made available to families currently suing Narconon. They've been at this a long time, are deeply committed, and I can personally vouch for their honesty and integrity.

The cult tries to get into schools through its Way to Happiness and Applied Scholastics programs and associated frontgroups. Teachers and parents especially need to be on the lookout for instructional materials that instruct students not to go past a "misunderstood word" or that are licensed to these programs - keep an eye on the fine print in what your kids use in school. These have a nasty way of popping up in unusual places where you'd never think the cult would go, and complaining parents pointing out the association with Scientology can and do get them thrown out.

If you **really** want to get down and dirty, find out if your local Scientology org owns its building. If not, let the landlord know they have a solid track record of skipping out on the rent when they move (and they move often! An Atlanta landlord had to sue them to recover what they were owed.) If they own it, keep an eye out for code violations and report them.

If you do volunteer work related to disaster relief, you need to know (and tell everyone) that the "Volunteer Ministers" in yellow are Scientologists, and the only help they will ever offer is a "touch assist." They work actively to keep people AWAY from trained crisis relief counselors in places like WTC and tornado sites, and worse still they don't bring their own food and water. Fuckin' leeches...

And last but not least, watch for Scientology materials in your dentist, chiropractor, vet or other healthcare related office (especially alternative medical providers.) If you see an "org" or "WISE management" chart, Hubbard books or Way to Happiness leaflets, quit and tell them why (and ask "Where's Shelly Miscavige?" on your way out the door.)

by Anonymousreply 4207/18/2013

Ugh, pardon my error above, it should be:

[quote]If you live in **HI, TX, NV,** OK, FL, GA, CA, MI or CO you have one of the cult's Narconon "rehab" facilities in your state

How could I forget Narconon Hawaii (Kelly Preston's pet charity), the execrable 'Lone Star Victory Ranch' in Harlingen, TX and Rainbow Canyon Retreat in Caliente, NV?

by Anonymousreply 4307/18/2013

DAVIDa Miss Cabbage should be asked about what happened to his wife. Where the fuck is she?

by Anonymousreply 4407/18/2013

Are Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman scientologists?

by Anonymousreply 4507/18/2013

Perhaps the strongest argument against the cult is the consistent violation of laws affecting kids. Those born into the cult have received limited education, especially in math, are subjected to constant physical and sexual abuse, and endanger their lives working very dangerous jobs for very low pay.

by Anonymousreply 4607/18/2013

R44, If violating DL rules, and intentionally abusing my name, brings David Miscabbage's wife back, and hurts the cult in any way, I would be very happy.

by Anonymousreply 4707/18/2013

R45 Yes they are Scienos.

by Anonymousreply 4807/18/2013

The new Scientology building in Portland is right across the street from the Silverado; they could welcome their new neighbors with a "Where's Shelly Miscavige?" sign in the window.

by Anonymousreply 4907/19/2013

Ex-Scio Nancy Many just appeared on CNN talking about Leah Remini, disconnection and the cult's abuse of its members. This is the story that keeps on giving.

One year ago today, Stacy Dawn Murphy died in Scientology's Narconon "rehab" center in Oklahoma, the third death there in nine months. 20 years old, she overdosed on oxycontin INSIDE the "treatment" center. And as Tony Ortega reports, still no answers...

by Anonymousreply 5007/19/2013

Oh GAWD, the Scientology celebrities blog just posted something nauseating. A young unnamed actor, exploring his sexuality, was slipped a roofie and GANG-date-raped, talked about it in his auditing session, and:

[quote]He was too ashamed to go to the police & the Scilons agreed that he should not relay the incident to anyone other than his auditor & the MAA (Ethics officer). He was sent to a Scilon doctor to get a tox screen to find out what drugs were in his system & was C/Sed to do the Purification Rundown immediately (that he’d already done a couple times).

But they're not through torturing him yet!

[quote]Despite the extreme nature of this horrifying incident, no effort was made to keep this information to as a few people as possible...with this person, they really went out of their way so that even people who would have no reason to have access to anyone’s folder were exposed to this data....the worst part is that this person was told they were solely to blame for being raped — he “pulled it in” per Scientology Ethics policy. Behind his back he was being mocked & called a “faggot who deserved it” & “he probably loved it & just feels guilty about being so fucking out-ethics” & other horrible, disgusting, & vile things. So it wasn’t enough that this young man was brutally raped many times by several men, but Sea Org staff, who are supposed to be “the most ethical people on the planet” mocked & ridiculed him & even pinned the blame on him — Dave Petit, who is deep in the closet about his own homosexuality, even had the nerve to suggest that this was the “best thing that could’ve happened to him” since it would probably “condition him against ever having gay sex again” — nevermind that Jim never said anything about being gay & made it abundantly clear he wasn’t looking for a sexual encounter or whatever...even the 3 or 4 Scilons who seemed to have at least some empathy for Jim agreed that he “pulled it in” & got what was coming to him & shouldn’t be surprised at what happened.

Fuck this murdering soulkilling bloodsucking cult!

by Anonymousreply 5107/19/2013

R51, Again the strongest argument against Scieno, and almost all cults, is the rampant sexual, physical, and emotional abuse, especially against the underaged. Can you imagine the stories that have never been publicly exposed?

by Anonymousreply 5207/19/2013

Just learned that David Miscabitch's fav expression to text to execs he was pissed at is SCOHB. It stands for "suck cock on Hollywood Blvd." Anyone think DM is closeted?

by Anonymousreply 5307/19/2013

"Indie" (useful idiot) Mike Rinder has excellent inside connections - here's what happened at the 'graduation' ceremony in Clearwater last night:

[quote]The OT VII completion who shared her wins this week was none other than the actress Michelle Stafford. She told that OT VII handled her considerations on having a child and now she has a 3-year old daughter. She also told that Scientologists are the real rebels and that’s why she became a Silver Meritorious and made her 3-year old a Patron Meritorius. [The same Michelle Stafford who quit her long running role on Days of Our Lives because she could not work with an "SP" -- Michael Fairman, also a regular on the show. It is funny that she had no problem working with him before, but then he became an "overnight SP" and she just couldn't do it any longer. He did not get a new role. He was the same gentleman he has ALWAYS been. But now he is labeled and she cannot be on the same set. That is not what I would call "Cause over life." And her "win" was that 4 YEARS ago "OT VII handled her considerations" -- wonder what she has been doing since if this was the big thing she handled? But CLEARLY the ONLY reason she was featured had NOTHING to do with her completing OT VII -- she was a shill to promote giving money to the IAS....]

On those statuses, Silver Meritorious is 750K to the IAS, Patron Meritorious 250K. This is not the same as buying auditing or other courses - she gave the IAS a 1M donation for nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 5407/20/2013

Is Michelle Stafford still going to be the future Mrs. Tom Cruise? She's already a package deal with a Scieno baby.

by Anonymousreply 5507/20/2013

R54, So how much does one have to pay to get the idiotic looking "medals" that the 3rd Greatest Being, Tom Cruise, always gets to flaunt?

by Anonymousreply 5607/20/2013

Nobody knows for sure, R56 - they apparently created that just for Tom, and probably for his PR efforts as much as for his donations.

Sorry I was looking at the old pricelist - Silver Meritorious went down to a (mere!) 500K in 2005, the rest stayed the same.

Patron: $50K Patron with Honors: $100K Patron Meritorious: $250K Silver Meritorious: $500K Gold Meritorious: $1M Platinum Meritorious: $2.5M Diamond Meritorious: $5M Patron Laureate: $10M

From 15M up: Platinum Laureate Diamond Laureate Patron Excalibur Platinum Excalibur Diamond Excalibur Patron Maximus

The biggest giver in the cult is "Platinum Excalibur" Robert W. Duggan. He's the CEO of a pharmaceutical development company called Pharmacyclics Inc. (That's David Miscavige on the right.)

by Anonymousreply 5707/20/2013

And here's Patron Laureate (10M) Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson. Steve Brackett, OT V and her fiancee at the time, jumped off a bridge in 2009 after his construction company went bankrupt. "Cause over life" indeed...

There are other famous faces in this slideshow. Notice how sometimes Miscavige is shown standing well forward of the others? Short as Tom Cruise is, Miscavige is even shorter.

by Anonymousreply 5807/20/2013

R58, What's the connection with the Seattle Police? Are they on the take too?

by Anonymousreply 5907/20/2013

Not particularly - that Scientologist got herself registered as a 'community chaplain', probably just so she could pose in the cop car to plug the "Vulture Ministers." They're really good at taking advantage of little openings like that to imply that they have broad support. Hey, maybe she'll win the IAS Medal of Freedom!

There's a whole separate level of support for the still-unopened "Super Power" project, BTW.

Here's a famous person who agreed to do an 'ad' in the cult magazine. You can up your game with subsequent donations - Platinum Meritorious is 2.5M.

by Anonymousreply 6007/20/2013

Comment from scientologycelebritywordpresss.com

"Your confessional folders are neither safe nor secret in the Church of Scientology. The cult recently admitted to the court in the Laura DeCrescenzo case that 259 Sea Org “ministers” had looked at her pc folders over the years!"

by Anonymousreply 6107/20/2013

I have had this book on my Nook for a long while now, and I've yet to read it. I have to start.

by Anonymousreply 6207/21/2013

On the topic of Narconon, sadly I don't see the Narconon centers in Florida, Hawaii, or California being brought down. CO$ wields a lot of power in those states and the Hawaii center is supported quite a bit by Revolta and Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 6307/21/2013

Yep, R63, those three will be the toughest. It'll take a combination of lawsuits, public awareness/avoidance, and the defrauded insurance and credit card companies getting involved to take those states down. And no doubt they'll try to change the name to get away from the stigma around "Narconon" (this is already happening in some locations.)

That said, a brand new website has come online to help expedite the first two, and there are multiple whistleblowers helping with the third. It won't happen overnight, but people are in this for the long haul.

News has come that Miscavige has moved one of the biggest events of the year from its traditional location at Hubbard's old 'manor' in East Grinstead, Sussex, UK to a TENT he's building in downtown Clearwater. Afraid to leave the country, Davy, or just afraid of the plan to line the entrances around St. Hill with hundreds of ex-Scientologists?

by Anonymousreply 6407/21/2013

The class-action suit against Narconon of GA, now removed to federal court at the cult's request, is looking like a serious jackhammer. The plaintiffs' attorney understands exactly what he's up against, has whistleblowers (note plural) and plenty of other help:

[quote]Harris attached 31 exhibits of Scientology’s own publications and internal documents in an attempt to show that Miscavige wields total control of the Scientology empire, down to local drug rehab centers like the one in the Atlanta area, Narconon Georgia, that is the focus of this suit.

Tony Ortega has the plaintiffs' filings, too.

by Anonymousreply 6507/25/2013

From scientologycelebritywordpress.com:

"The son of a very prominent cult whale (“whale” meaning a massive donor to Scieno slush funds) recently tested positive for HIV. Apparently he had been injecting meth & heroin intravenously on a casual basis & after his family found out, was told to cut it out or he’d have his allowance cut off permanently. He did stop & he promised to get back on Scieno again — his family have so far put about $65,000 on account. This all occurred about 8 months ago.

Recently, he reported that he’d just tested positive for HIV (he’d put off testing for months) he got himself tested without informing anyone at CC Int. The first reaction to this was shock & anger that he went ahead & did this action without consulting any staff first.

He was then told that he’d “pulled it in” (Scieno-speak for “bad karma”) & that he should be ashamed of himself for not only sullying his family name, but even worse, for sullying Scieno & that he’d definitely have to be making “amends” (almost certainly meaning that he’ll have to help coerce his dad into donating a huge chunk of funds, since he doesn’t have a job or his own money).

After he mentioned that a wog (non-Scieno) doctor recommended immediately starting on ART (antiretroviral therapy) & that the doctor stressed this because of his high viral load, they went completely ballistic on him & told him that under no circumstances could he take any of those meds — he’d also been prescribed a couple pills that are considered “psych drugs” to handle his constant body aches, nausea & vomiting, among other issues, that are likely caused by the HIV. Those too of course are out of the question.

CC Int staff have no business whatsoever interfering in any kind of medical diagnosis/treatment, nor do any of them have medical training, and even putting aside all ethical issues . . .

. . . if you’re ever involuntarily committed to a psych ward or mental institution, that you authorize the cult to advocate on your behalf & come to your rescue & get you the hell outta there pronto."

by Anonymousreply 6607/26/2013

Bump! It's official - David Miscavige is on the witness list for the GA Narconon class action, along with Deb Danos, the director of 'special affairs' for the (crappy, failing) Atlanta Scientology org, and Mary Rieser, Maria Delgado and Tracy Stepler, who all barely escaped perjury charges in the awesomely disastrous (for the cult) Dekalb county civil suit over the death of Patrick Desmond. And some whistleblowers, knowledgeable exes and an expert witness or two, HAH!

Miscavige has only been deposed once - it was a major flop, and he will do whatever it takes to stop it from happening again.

The state hearing to revoke Narconon Georgia's licence is still on for August 26th in Atlanta.

And yeah, R66, they do that - they all sign documents with the "Lisa McPherson clause" now. See item B on the scanned copy at the bottom of this webpage:

[quote]If circumstances should ever arise in which government, medical or psychiatric officials or personnel or family members or friends attempt to compel or coerce or commit me for psychiatric evaluation, treatment or hospitalization, I fully desire and expect that the Church or Scientologists will intercede on my behalf to oppose such efforts and/or extricate me from that predicament so my spiritual needs may be addressed in accordance with the tenets of the Scientology religion.

by Anonymousreply 6708/02/2013

The Scientology celebrities blog has also posted a bit about Travolta (and why Tony Ortega is consistently harassed):

[quote]One time John Travolta was asked by a teenage staff member why he didn’t do more to quash rumors that he’s gay. He laughed & told the kid, “Because my life is my business & I know who I am. That’s all that matters. And honestly, I really don’t give a shit.”

If the kid had asked Tom Cruise this type of question, Cruise would’ve blown up & had him written up & in enough hot water that his future in the Sea Org was going to be miserable. Same goes for Jenna Elfman, Kirstie Alley, Grant Cardone, Kerri Kasem, and most of the other garbage people in the cult celeb clique. Travolta not only did not report the kid, when another staff member nearby overheard the question & did report it in a KR, when Travolta found out, he went out of his way to tell them it wasn’t a big deal & tried to make sure the kid didn’t get in any kind of trouble. Even though the kid was offloaded down to a lower org, Travolta’s intervention saved the kid having to do the EPF again, which would’ve taken much longer the second time around because he’d have to not only finish the EPF courses, but also complete a lengthy Ethics program, meaning potentially months of menial labor in the EPF.

That’s the difference between someone like Travolta & the others we’ve mentioned above who go out of their way to cover up their affiliations & cult activities like harassing “enemies”, assisting in smear campaigns, being attack dogs on command, etc. People can say whatever they want about Travolta, but at least he doesn’t have a guilty conscience that he’s trying to run away from or any crimes to hide.[/quote]

by Anonymousreply 6808/02/2013

Ugh, I messed up the multi-paragraph quotes, that's all from the Scientology celebrity blogger. Sorry about that!

by Anonymousreply 6908/02/2013

R53, I wonder if Pretty Woman is his favorite movie?

by Anonymousreply 7008/02/2013

R67, How much money do you think Miscabbage will spend in delaying tactics to avoid actually be questioned in a court of law, before settling out of court? What are his fav hiding places where he can't be arrested if he's an eventual no-show?

by Anonymousreply 7108/02/2013

Millions, r71, whatever it takes - he has a track record of doing exactly that. And when they're finally backed up against the wall of a jury trial, or the information coming out is too potentially damaging, he spends millions more to settle.

To get the big bucks, though, you have to agree to seal the settlement and never speak out about Scientology again. Recent lawsuits have done both; they've gotten everything they have into public filings through depositions and court hearings, THEN hit them in the wallet. So the cult bleeds on three fronts AND subsequent lawsuits use that evidence too.

Miscavige doesn't leave the US often (he's in Clearwater right now.) He spends most of his time in secure Scientology facilities, guarded by the Sea Org. Who can say where he'll skip out to? But he knows how - he watched Hubbard do it. The old bastard spent the rest of his life hiding from the fallout from Operation Snow White.

by Anonymousreply 7208/02/2013

Interesting. Per the Scientology celebrities blog: [quote]On May 6, after we blogged about the cult’s attempts to get a foothold into the family of Clint Eastwood through Ron Moss (who manages Kyle Eastwood’s music career), Tyler Shields (D-list celeb photographer, in a relationship with Francesca Eastwood) & Fraser Kee Scott (the cult’s #1 point man & fundraiser in London; on Tyler Shields’ payroll), a couple of KRs were filed about it, but for reasons unknown Elisabeth Moss ended up with the finger pointed at her & receiving the brunt of the Kool Aid drinkers’ verbal abuse — even though we never even mentioned her in that post or even planned at that time to ever write about her here. From what we could glean, her father Ron Moss blamed her for pulling in SPs on him & the cult. Uh, huh. Totally sane & rational conclusion. Yeah, right.

And one month later she made that rambling pro-cult statement to ABC. Amends project?

And there's this: [quote]We’re also learning that CC Int & London org are taking a lot of flak because of Tom Cruise’s complaints that cult staffers have way too much access to his kids — reportedly he was fuming when both Connor & Bella showed up to Tyler Shields’ London promotional event for Sony. With Connor spending 99.9% of his time DJing professionally & Bella in university in London, more than a few in the cult aren’t pleased that Cruise hasn’t bankrolled their full Bridge yet (hasn’t paid for their auditing/training up to OT VIII/Class VIII) & isn’t pushing them to do Scientology 24/7 at CC Int or Flag. But so long as TC is “in good standing” with the cult, we don’t anticipate his handlers will make any of this an issue.

Certainly not - any handler who pisses Tom off instantly lands in ethics. Handlers blame the regular staffers to deflect the heat, nobody can control the Shields dude, and around and around they go. So theta!

by Anonymousreply 7308/03/2013

Comments from Tony Ortega's blog, The Underground Bunker,

"Nancy Cartwright gave $10 million to the COS.

She also has "New Civilization Builder" status and has been crowned "Her Royal Governor of the Vast Valley Territory" for her Scieno cuckoo-do.

Cheap door prizes and meaningless titles in exchange for hard currency, who could pass up such a great accolade.

Well, it shows just how warped Scieno ideology is that they rank humanitarians based on money. Platinum Humanitarian ($750,000) is clearly much more humanitarian than just a plain, old, ordinary humanitarian who only donates $100,000.

And all she has to show for it is an incredibly ostentatious but completely bogus royal scieno title. It's something ridiculous like Her Royal Highness Duchess and Admiral-for-life of the Southern Rockies and Tri-County Area."

by Anonymousreply 7408/06/2013

WTF? The Scientology Celebrity blog has blown up over some disagreement with Tony Ortega:

So Tony is spreading bullshit rumours now that we’re “old time critics”? Wow. We never expected that kind of disrespect from him, especially as we directed intel to him over the months. Where your sources for calling us “old time critic”?? Yet another anonymous/nameless source from the “inside”, eh?

Imagine Tony’s embarrassment (and those of his fanatic followers who dumped on us any chance they got) when he’s forced to eat crow when our identities are finally revealed. All in good time, dear friends.

In time meantime, now that we’ve stopped this blog permanently & Tony’s most hardcore fans can brag about how we were so totally fail & full of shit, everything can go back to normal now.

———————-

What do we have here?

TonyO: “Imagine your disappointment when you finally learn it was an old-time critic (pre-Anonymous) just pretending all along. Bummer.”

How old is this guy supposed to be again? Despite the fact that we did nothing that should earn us his or his fanatics irrational scorn, this is the thanks we get. Pretending! What a fucking douche. We thought we’d seen everything, but motherfucker, who woulda thought?

We were going to delete this thing completely (we already deleted our Twitter) but now seeing as how he thinks he can scam his readers & get some old-timer critic to take the credit for all this (who the fuck did you have in mind?), we’ll just leave it like this so when the time comes when our identities are leaked, you’ll get confirmation that it’s really us & not some poor schmuck being trotted out to take the blame.

We never forgive. We never forget. So laugh it up at our expense fuckers cause the joke’s gonna be on you.

by Anonymousreply 7508/07/2013

I don't really understand a word of what R75 is posting. Is that a clam writing about Ortega or Ortega writing to clams?

by Anonymousreply 7608/07/2013

Everything after the colon was copied and pasted verbatim from the Scientology Celebrity blog, R76. Everything else from the blog has been deleted. The Anons seemed to have an "I'm taking my marbles and going home with them!" moment. There's no opportunity to even ask what's going on because they've disabled the comments. All of the links are to other sites.

The Anons at the Celebrity Centre International decided that Tony Ortega dissed them. However, most of us who are interested can't understand the clam talk well enough to know WTF is going on between them. It does make me wonder if the Anons were discovered from within and the Office of Special Affairs (or whatever they call their secret service, CIA) found them out and are running a disinformation campaign aimed at smearing Tony Ortega. This is the only thing that makes sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 7708/07/2013

R76, Scientologycelebrity.wordpress.com, was a humorous but very critical blog of the cult, that was just shut down. It's debatable if it was run by a mole inside of Scieno, a genius from Anonymous who imitated Scieno-speak, or an ex-member, possibly with a source inside the cult.

The Church has done everything possible to shut down both this blog and Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker, in part because cult members violate the rules and try to read up on accurate info. Although both blogs reference each other, to increase mutual followers, there will always be conflicts between strong personalities who have different approaches to the same goals.

This is my interpretation of what's going on. I'd appreciate input from others.

by Anonymousreply 7808/07/2013

[quote] It's debatable if it was run by a mole inside of Scieno, a genius from Anonymous who imitated Scieno-speak, or an ex-member, possibly with a source inside the cult.

I don't doubt their legitimate beefs against Scientology. What's so curious to me is that the ENTIRE blog with so much good insider information, insider pictures, and critique just DISAPPEARED overnight. While there may be a legitimate gripe between Anon and T.O. (I haven't the slightest idea), it seems ultimately self-destructive and against their own stated goals to remove good, pertinent, and damning information about the cult in one fell swoop overnight and then blame Tony Ortega for it.

by Anonymousreply 7908/07/2013

Comments from Tony Ortega's The Underground bunker.

"It is illegal in CA, CT, FL, IL, MD, MA, MI, MT, NV, NH, PN and WA to record a conversation without the consent of all parties unless the recording device is in plain view. I would love to know how the cult addresses this law.

By ignoring it, of course. It's only wog law, after all. The real question is how do they get away with that?

"Digging for sins" guarantees that people will be afraid to leave, afraid to think for themselves, afraid not to comply. This goes way beyond the cult leader getting his jollies.

Hubbard had a whole lot of shameful skeletons in his closet, so he assumed everyone else did too, and treated them accordingly. Controlling people through shame seems to be at the core of the "tech."

The cult has been recording sessions since 1995. Given they are known for obsessively preserving records of {confessionals} they must have astonishing amounts of media stored away, providing evidence of organised and prolonged illegal activities.

Providing the law stopped tiptoeing around them...There is probably a "religious exemption" for that too! Sure seems to be for every other crime they commit.

There seems to be no limit to what they can do by attributing it to religious belief. I thought violence, imprisonment, and denial of medical treatment were all well past that line, but Scieno proved me wrong. I guess a little matter of recording personal "confessions" without permission is no big deal in comparison to the cult's other crimes."

by Anonymousreply 8008/07/2013

R79, You're right. Scieno probably discovered the mole and thus was able to delete the whole blog. Convenient to blame Tony. Regular readers were warned in advance that this may occur. Hopefully a similar blog will start up again.

by Anonymousreply 8108/07/2013

Do you remember, R81, when the Anons at the blog mentioned that one of their own folks within had felt too much scrutiny from higher ups and bolted? It was about a month ago. This person wasn't at CCI, but another L.A. area operation.

So much good and damning information from both the Anon posts and the comments are lost. Well, not really "lost" as we are in the internet age. The cult hasn't quite figured that out yet, it seems. I don't think Miscavige ever understood the concept of "brain drain."

by Anonymousreply 8208/07/2013

I don't purchase any products that were created by Scientologists or any entertainment that has Scientologists on staff.

That includes any Oprah product, Travolta, Cruise or Alley. Fuck that ugly Jenny Elfman bitch anyway--who cares.

In these times where we are seeing ugly anti-Semitism once again rear its ugly head, let's not get distracted by hate-speech pointed at one group and allow a truly evil cabal (Scientology) to gain more ground.

At least the Jews made great films, and knew how to run the studios.

Scientology will bring it all down though. It's an art and culture-killer.

by Anonymousreply 8308/07/2013

Scientology hates gays, punishes gay people, and makes homosexuality 'illegal.'

They don't want us anyway, so gay people should not buy their products which are covertly marketed under Oprah, the Simpsons, Travolta and Cruise.

They don't want our money.

by Anonymousreply 8408/07/2013

L Ron Hubbard was a Nazi sympathizer and admirer of Hitler.

Scientology's attempting to takeover Hollywood is an act of defiance against the Jewish-run entertainment business.

Scientology is anti-Semitic at its core.

by Anonymousreply 8508/07/2013

B,b,but they're ecumenical and accepting of all religions. You can be a clam and a Baptist, too!. Or a clam and a Catholic!

by Anonymousreply 8608/07/2013

R85 Where is the proof for that. All the clams keep on claiming that you can be Christian and a Scamotoligist? Etc so on.

by Anonymousreply 8708/07/2013

What happened to Isabella Cruise's fiancee? He disappeared after the engagement announcement.

by Anonymousreply 8808/07/2013

R87, Christianity, and all other religions and systems of belief, are completely incompatible with Scientology, despite the hard sell sales pitch. The cult cannot accept any other way of thinking but theirs. It would probably be easier to be a die hard Communist or an Atheist and a Christian.

Atheists believe that God does not exist. Scientologists claim that any belief in God or Christ basically means that evil suppressive forces are dragging you down, causing you to be sick and fail in life.

by Anonymousreply 8908/07/2013

R89 That is not their public policy BTW. Clam stars like Travolta claim that one can be a Catholic and a Clam at the same time. I do know that Lafayette Hubbard claimed that Christ was not real and that is revealed not to the regular clam but when one reaches the higher levels of Clamology.

by Anonymousreply 9008/07/2013

R90, Of course celebs lie about the cult, as they're ordered to do. Why do you think it's been called Lientology?

Why would Christians or Catholics follow a belief that has it's roots in Crowley's worship and admiration for the devil? Even the word "thetan" sounds too much like "Satan" to be a coincidence. Going Clear states that it was intentional.

by Anonymousreply 9108/07/2013

"Black Rob," who is pretty well-known on anti-clam sites mirrored the Scientology Celebrity blog.

by Anonymousreply 9208/07/2013

Here's a discussion about the removal of the blog on an ex-Scieno site. It seems that they also think the church had something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 9308/07/2013

R91, From Tony Ortega's, The Underground Bunker, came the following comment"

"The cult's position is that Jesus either didn't exist or that he was a pedophile (both statements of Hubbard)."

by Anonymousreply 9408/07/2013

I just read up on the drama regarding the Scientology Celebrity blog. I liked that blog and wanted to see what they were going to spill on Juliette Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 9508/07/2013

R92, Linky stinky.

by Anonymousreply 9608/07/2013

It's working when I click on it. Try this one.

by Anonymousreply 9708/07/2013

R97, Thanks. So will we get any more posts after the 8/3 one?

by Anonymousreply 9808/07/2013

R91, From Tony's blog, a comment on Hubbard's view of Christ.

"At OT III level, cult members learn that Christ is an implant, a fake memory who never existed."

In Hubbard's own words, at 5:2 on the following:

by Anonymousreply 9908/08/2013

R99, This link is better.

by Anonymousreply 10008/08/2013

No matter who was behind the Scientology celebrities blog, there's no doubt it was stoking David Miscavige's paranoia and driving him into foaming rage. For that reason alone, the blogger needs to get over his butthurt, drop the drama and stay the fuck on target.

BUT good things are happening - another Narconon down, more to go! The Arrowhead "medical detox" facility in Oklahoma has been decertified by the state. The faces of three killed there in a year, and another at Narconon OK in 2009, are on the sidebar at the link. Georgia's day of reckoning comes this month, and Michigan is on deck...

You pulled it in, Miscavige - your murdering bloodsucking cult is crumbling, from within and without. We are patient, we are persistent, and WE RUN THIS.

by Anonymousreply 10108/08/2013

Reading this book now.

I kind of get the vibe a lot of Scientologists are kind of ignorant.

Not a lot of educated people seem to join. it's all 18 year old drifters and uneducated celebs.

are there any well-educated scientos?

by Anonymousreply 10208/14/2013

[quote] are there any well-educated scientos?

There are some well-educated people in Scientology around the country. The cult's website has those "Meet a Scientologist" videos on their site and some of the people featured do have college educations. I was in college in the early 00s in Albuquerque, NM and in a religion class I took, the professor had met with local Scientologists years before at a convention. He said that one of the Scienos was a dentist and another was a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 10308/15/2013

There are professionals with advanced degress in the cult. Still you wonder how they could reconcile the following info, from Tony Ortega's, The Underground Bunker,

". . . Trementina Base, in a remote part of New Mexico's dessert, has underground vaults so the words of Hubbard can be stored and survive a nuclear holocaust. It features a giant logo (it looks like interlocking rings) which can be seen from the sky. It's to help guide Hubbard’s “thetan” when he returns to Earth.

The cult leader had discarded his body when he went to a remote planet for further study. This was announced by Miscabbage at a huge celeb attending rally, along with cheers of "hip, hip, hooray."

by Anonymousreply 10408/16/2013

There are no Asian scientologists.

Asians have the highest IQ's and posses excellent critical thinking skills.

Therefore, Scientology is made up of dummy whites and dummy blacks.

And latinos don't join because they are Catholic and see right through that shit.

by Anonymousreply 10508/16/2013

R105, There are Latino Scienos, and there are recruitment centers in Mexico, Latin and South America. Don't forget high pressure cult recruiters initially claim that you can be any religion, including Catholic, and be a Scieno. It's only much later, and after spending $$$ that one finds out the truth.

Please google "Asian Scientologist." Sadly many entries will come up, including info on the Church in Taiwan.

by Anonymousreply 10608/16/2013

I believe you, R106, but those have to be the mentally retarded Asians because their numbers are extremely low (if any) in America.

by Anonymousreply 10708/16/2013

R107, You bring up an interesting point. Are those that get sucked into extremist cults mentally deficient in some way? Is there something in their personality that makes them so vulnerable to manipulation by high pressure sales pitches, and convinces them that their highest dreams will be achieved through Scientology?

I do think that there's a high correlation between (former) alcoholics, drug users, and cult members. Scieno auditing has been proven to be physically and psychologically addicting, by stimulating the pleasure centers of the brain.

by Anonymousreply 10808/16/2013

I heard a guy on NPR once, a shrink, explaining that the average cult member has an above average to way above average IQ.

He explained that intelligent and creative people fill in the blanks and are very good and justifying beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 10908/16/2013

Michael Pena is most well known Latino Celeb Scieno and Jennifer Lopez's father is a Scieno.

The truthaboutscientology.com site has a database of Scientologist course completions and there are quite bit of people with Latino surnames on there.

by Anonymousreply 11008/17/2013

I just finished the book today. Cruise comes across as a total, over the top, needy whack job. Travolta sounds like he was pretty insecure years ago, but is better now and he seems less crazy than Cruise, or at least nicer than Cruise. I think Cruise fully knows that there are many who are mistreated, and I imagine he has some fucked up rationalization for why it is ok, just like the monks did during the Spanish Inquisition.

The book also talks pretty openly about Travolta and the gay rumors, etc, but steers clear of that for Cruise. This doesn't surprise me because I think Cruise is more Asexual than he is gay or straight or bi.

I couldn't figure out if LRH, knew he was full of shit, or if he really believed in what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 11108/23/2013

Holy shit!

[quote]With the Church of Scientology facing a 5 pm deadline today to turn over more information about its scheduled October 6 grand opening event for its “Flag Building” (also known as the “Super Power Building”) the church sent word that the event would instead be postponed indefinitely.

ITA with Rinder, the end of the cult has begun:

[quote]“I don’t remember a calamity like this that played out in the public ever before,” former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder told Frago, and we have to agree. This appears to be the most obvious evidence yet that Scientology leader David Miscavige is quickly losing control of an organization gripped in crisis.

They raised at least 200 million plus from their members for this (twice as much as the building's actual cost) AND made them all redo a bunch of expensive 'processes' THEY HAD ALREADY DONE AT LEAST ONCE to be 'eligible' for it! It's official - he's fucked if he does and he's fucked if he doesn't!

by Anonymousreply 11209/18/2013

Oh, and Cruise was in Clearwater last week, sneaked in and out again to avoid the media. Ashamed of your cult again, Tammy?

by Anonymousreply 11309/18/2013

Clams are supposedly recruting through Craigslist

by Anonymousreply 11410/01/2013

Remini is going to testify in the rathbun case

by Anonymousreply 11510/02/2013

They still have a lot of real estate in SF and LA that I'm aware of.

by Anonymousreply 11610/02/2013

[quote]are there any well-educated scientos?

Neil Gaiman

by Anonymousreply 11710/02/2013

wait, what...Neil is a scientologist??

by Anonymousreply 11810/02/2013

It's a bad day for the Scienos. Tommy Davis has been subpoenaed!

by Anonymousreply 11910/03/2013

R118 Gaiman was raised in a Scientology family and his second wife is a Scientologist. Despite his lies of not being a clam ,he still is.

by Anonymousreply 12010/03/2013

This is why...

by Anonymousreply 12110/04/2013

I'm glad the Scienos are having a bad day. I can't feel sorry for Marty Rathbun and his wife. Marty still believes the bullshit Hubbard put out and he hasn't told the full story on Lisa McPherson and other tragedies linked to CO$.

by Anonymousreply 12210/04/2013

100% agreed, r122, although I do feel a bit of sympathy for Mosey Rathbun, mostly because she was never in (and ferXenusake, they mailed a big black dildo to her workplace!)

Until he comes completely clean on Lisa McPherson AND all the rest, Marty is only as useful as his next strike at Miscavige. He does seem to be very, glacially slowly easing away from the mindfuck, but that's not good enough. He has to get fully out, accept that he got conned AND tell what he knows, in full.

Mike Rinder is easing out faster; I'm glad to see him calling it a cult in the video above. And it cracks me up that he's actually making a decent living as an interpreter on cult legal cases! More money than Marty's making auditing, I'm sure...

by Anonymousreply 12310/04/2013

But I get a bad vibe from Rinder. Like he is trying to save his skin when the shit finally breaks loose. I bet he was among the worst of them when he was fully in the cult. I am glad he is out and as he was influential in the cult his willingness to be outspoken may help others, but I think his motivation is to position himself more sympathetically should the truth come out as to how involved he really was in some of the worst of the worst

by Anonymousreply 12410/05/2013

I'm not saying Rinder is clean - he has his crimes too, he's just more forthright about them. He definitely needs to say more about his time leading OSA - I'd like to see him write a book - but he's actually doing something useful, actively assisting reporters and attorneys. If he's doing this to get a softer landing when the shit finally hits the fan, I'm fine with that - he's doing it BEFORE he has no other choice! It sure seems to be getting him an easier psychological path right now. He's not auditing exes and continuing to perpetuate the mindfuck; he's actively ripping their blinders off on his blog. It's been months since I've seen him Hubbard now for anything but to point out the cult's hypocrisy. Not to minimize what he did, but how lucky for him that he was in charge of the harassment department and not the coverup department...

Rathbun, on the other hand, has the murder of Lisa McPherson hanging over him like a sword. He needs to tell the world, not just Ken Dandar's lawyers, what was in the records he destroyed to protect David Miscavige, and lay out in public exactly how they made the medical examiner reverse herself and call it an accidental death. And he likely knows more than a little about OTHER deaths at Flag and elsewhere. That plus the auditing means he's got a lot more dirty laundry than Rinder does. His blog is actively harmful; he's still trying to justify Hubbard and position the 'tech' as a gift to mankind. Has he been saving his fire for this big case in Texas? Who knows, but after that's gone as far as it can? It's time to dump it all. He has no family he's disconnected from, nobody to protect but himself.

Either way, BOTH of them need to be watched carefully to make sure they don't try to revive it when Miscavige finally topples. He's said he won't, but I think Marty is still the prime candidate for the power grab.

by Anonymousreply 12510/05/2013

Make that 'quote Hubbard now', sorry. And I'm not the only one watching them both.

BTW, Tony Ortega says Good Morning America has it wrong that Leah Remini is an unwilling participant in the Texas case, and I believe him - his sources are better, and Ray Jeffrey is too smart to drag her into this without asking first. Stand by for another Kirstie Alley Twitter meltdown!

I can't wait to see what Tommy Davis does - he's damned if he do and damned if he don't, and if his subpoena doesn't stay quashed we're gonna see some real fireworks.

by Anonymousreply 12610/05/2013

Rinder's dig at Tom Cruise in that video is very funny: "Now, if I drive by an accident, I can call 9-1-1, and they may actually be more helpful than me."

by Anonymousreply 12710/05/2013

Hot damn! Now it gets REAL interesting.

[quote]Leah Remini and Tommy Davis will give depositions in Monique Rathbun’s harassment lawsuit against the Church of Scientology after Monique’s attorney, Ray Jeffrey, successfully convinced Comal County Judge Dib Waldrip this afternoon to reinstate their subpoenas.

Poor, poor Tommy! He has to choose - do Miscavige's bidding and follow the cult party line, or avoid the perjury trap.

And they're actually dumb enough to put on rebuttal witnesses against Leah Remini and make her angrier and more determined than she already is.

by Anonymousreply 12810/08/2013

So it sounds as though Tommy and his wife worked out some sort of an arrangement with CO$ and seem to be uninvolved (at least on the surface). They were working in Austin where some family friends landed him a job he is wholly unqualified for (something having to do with real estate speculation and finance, iirc). Then Ortega reported that he's back in the LA area and his Linkedin profile gives his new job description is something entry-level sounding. I wonder what's going on with that.

So if he has made some kind of an arrangement, how would that affect testimony. I assume that being under oath supersedes and civil agreement. I suppose he could refuse to answer so as not to incriminate himself. Either way, he must be shitting himself right about now.

by Anonymousreply 12910/08/2013

An arrangement as in a gag agreement? Won't affect this testimony at all; a court order to testify overrides any and all settlements or gag agreements. A couple of Jeffrey's settlement clients are already set to testify (see the link.)

Tommy could refuse to answer so as not to incriminate *himself* in a crime, but he can't use the Fifth Amendment privilege to avoid perjury or to protect others. No, not even other Scientologists! Sorry Tommy! Ray Jeffrey is too smart to ask him anything he could weasel away from in that way, and this is all about proving that Miscavige calls the shots for the cult's harassment goons and shouldn't be removed from the suit.

Leah Remini has something to say about that too, and if it involves Tommy Davis then Tom Cruise's name may well come up. Tommy is the one who, according to Mike Rinder, told her "You don't have the fucking rank to ask about Shelly Miscavige!" at the Holmes/Cruise wedding in 2006.

Tommy doesn't do well under pressure (understatement!) and has fucked up more than once in front of the media. This will be far worse than losing his shit with John Sweeney and Martin Bashir. And mommie dearest Anne Archer is probably flipping out too. So yeah, shitting himself and then some.

Tommy's most spectacular fuckup so far has to be the fact-checking for the New Yorker article - he brought Lawrence Wright a truckload of documentation, sending him down whole new investigative alleyways. I have high hopes this will exceed that coup!

by Anonymousreply 13010/09/2013

And an interesting personal anecdote from a poster at Ortega's:

[quote]When I knew Tommy, he was amazingly interested in knowing exactly what people like Mike Rinder or Marty Rathbun had said about him. I tried to tell him to let it go but he PRESSED to know EXACTLY what they said about him. So when I told him that they basically described him as “DM’s bitch”, he literally tightened his fists and got a sardonic, half constipated look on his face and said something like, “Well, well, that means nothing to me”. It really was pathetic to watch. It’s like the ex husband who says he doesn’t give a damn about his ex wife but is always asking her friends if she’s talking about him or misses him. Tommy most certainly does care what is said about him and now that he’s not constantly monitored, I guarantee he is reading every word written about him...

DM's bitch indeed.

by Anonymousreply 13110/09/2013

Vive la France! [quote]France’s top court on Wednesday confirmed the conviction of Scientology for organised fraud, according to French media reports. The ruling, by the Cour de Cassation, effectively ends the legal battle in France, making the convictions definitive, RFI radio and BFMTV reported

Going Clear is among five finalists for the National Book Award in nonfiction. Tom Cruise got booed - loudly - at Dodger Stadium last night. And stupid cult continues to do stupid shit in the Texas lawsuit.

PLUS per Mike Rinder's sources, Miscavige stood up the sheeple and did not appear at Friday's 'graduation' in Clearwater, where he was supposed to announce the rescheduled opening date for 'Super Power'.

Soon, Miss Cabbage. SOON.

by Anonymousreply 13210/16/2013

[quote] Going Clear is among five finalists for the National Book Award in nonfiction. Tom Cruise got booed - loudly - at Dodger Stadium last night. And stupid cult continues to do stupid shit in the Texas lawsuit.

Happy to hear about both.

by Anonymousreply 13310/16/2013

Oh the Tom Cruise story is funny as hell. An MLB reporter tweeted:

[quote]Crowd jeers Tom Cruise on video board. "Wish I was a little bit taller" is played while he is shown.

Bryan Cranston was there and got huge ovation per an AP reporter:

[quote]Bryan Cranston wildly cheered on scoreboard after Tom Cruise booed earlier. Dodger Stadium has impeccable taste.

by Anonymousreply 13410/16/2013

Oh, wow. Has anyone read Tony Ortega's blog recently? Co$ is now contending that their harassment of Monique Rathbun was a form of religious expression and is thus protected! And they are using a state law that is designed to protect large corporations with resources from suing small individuals as a form of bullying or harassment against Rathbun, the individual being stalked by them. They are unreal. The lawyers are doing everything to avoid a Miscavige deposition. I don't think it's going to work. Take a look at the judge as the lawyer brings it up. His body language is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 13510/21/2013

COS's fraud conviction in France was upheld in appeals court several days ago.

[quote] PARIS -- PARIS (AP) — France's highest appeals court has upheld the 2009 fraud conviction of the Church of Scientology's French branch, its bookstore and five of its leaders.

[quote] The Scientologists were accused of pressuring members into paying large sums for questionable services and materials and using "commercial harassment" against recruits. The group and bookstore were fined 600,000 euros ($814,000). The Scientologists' appeals of their convictions claimed infringement on their religious freedom.

[quote] While Scientology is recognized as a religion in the U.S., Sweden and Spain, it is not considered one under French law.

It will be a long time before COS falls completely in the U.S. I think Rathbun case and the other case involving the woman who wants her auditing files will get more attention over time.

by Anonymousreply 13610/22/2013

Good news on the Scientology celebrities blog...

[quote]What's so curious to me is that the ENTIRE blog with so much good insider information, insider pictures, and critique just DISAPPEARED overnight.

They're baaa-aack...

[quote]Did you think we were going to disappear forever & ever? Why, knowing is half the battle & we've only just begun!

And all prior posts except for the last snit appear to be restored. Yessss!

BTW, Tommy Davis was deposed last week in CA and Friday could well be D-day in the associated lawsuit - judge is getting ready to rule on whether or not Miscavige will be deposed.

by Anonymousreply 13712/12/2013

I may have posted this in the other thread, but it's worth a repost."OneDay One Destiny" is an excellent doc from a French news station. It's in eight parts on Chanology's Vimeo site. Here's part one:

by Anonymousreply 13812/13/2013

Oh, the video is about Cruise and Scientology. You dislike him even more. If you watch it, the part where he gets his "medal," the woman sitting next to him is the woman talked about in the Vanity Fair article.

by Anonymousreply 13912/13/2013

Ex-Scientologist Derek, kicked out of the Sea Org for the "high crime" of being gay, will be tweeting live updates from the TX courtroom where Mosey Rathbun's case against the cult is being heard today (while the electronic device ban is not in place, of course.)

by Anonymousreply 14012/13/2013

And Tom Cruise is having another bad-news day - Pat Kingsley gave an interview from retirement:

[quote]Cruise's Scientology played a role, but only toward the end. Before that, there had been just one serious conflict with reps for the religious organization, "but it was taken care of very early in the game," says Kingsley. "I felt that they were involved in a story that I was doing on Tom, and I said: 'It's not your story, it's Tom's. You have to step aside.' And they did." Later, however, Cruise wanted to be more vocal about his beliefs. "I did have that conversation with Tom, about cooling it," notes Kingsley, saying she told him: " 'Scientology is fine. You want to do a tour for Scientology? Do a tour for Scientology. But Warner Bros. is sponsoring this tour.' That was for [2003's] The Last Samurai. He didn't say yes or no, except he did not discuss Scientology on that European tour."

by Anonymousreply 14112/13/2013

And Scientology becomes a religion in UK. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 14212/13/2013

BOOM! Judge just ruled - Slappy Miscavige will be deposed in the Rathbun harassment case!

This is a huge loss for the cult - they will now be desperate to settle the case, and I can't imagine Monique Rathbun even considering that until after Miscavige has gone on the record. He's throwing a tantrum RIGHT NOW, wherever he is.

He's a disaster in deposition, BTW - even worse than Cruise. Ray Jeffrey will shred him to ribbons, if he doesn't stroke out right there in the attorneys' offices.

by Anonymousreply 14312/13/2013

R142, that ruling qualifies them to perform weddings only - they still don't qualify as a charity in the UK, which is what they really want. Unlike in the US, culties cannot deduct the cost of their auditing and contributions, and the cult pays property taxes in many localities.

And Miscavige may say things in the Rathbun deposition that will put their 1993 settlement agreement with the IRS at risk...this deposition thing is THAT big. This is the most significant blow struck against the cult since the Anonymous protests in 2008, and a bigger internal hit than Debbie Cook's New Year's email of 2012.

It's a long read if you want it, but the crazy shines through. There's also part 2 if you're so inclined:

by Anonymousreply 14412/13/2013

HAHAHAHAHA And Jeffrey just entered a motion to depose Shelly Miscavige too! BURN DAVEY BURN

The judge better lock up his livestock and keep the dogs and cats inside...

by Anonymousreply 14512/13/2013

I'm getting caught up on the latest Scieno news. It's good to see the Scientology Celebrity blog back up, I wonder if they will keep their promise to spill dirt on Juliet Lewis.

If Shelly Miscaviage is indeed alive, then where is Heber Jentz?

by Anonymousreply 14612/13/2013

Fantastic news! Heading over to Tony Ortega's site. Miscavige's little fists of rage must be clenched and striking someone as we speak. He's probably starting off with the scotch this hour, too.

by Anonymousreply 14712/13/2013

Is Leah Remini still going to appear in court? that should be really good. She spent a year in the sea org, she knows all about how they're treated.

by Anonymousreply 14812/13/2013

Leah Remini is set to be deposed in the coming days, per Ortega's blog. Tommy Davis' deposition has already been taken, but the petitioner's lawyer is remaining tight lipped about it. I guess that will only come out in court proceedings... Or is it a matter of public record at this point since it's sworn testimony? Can someone request the records under the Freedom of Information Act? I'm very curious what he's said. I guess first order of business from Slappy is finding out what Tommy said so they can be consistent.

by Anonymousreply 14912/13/2013

Article about the Scienos' Christmas Stories event which is basically a quid pro quo so they can get protection from law enforcement agencies. The Scienos don't really give a shit about underprivileged kids.

by Anonymousreply 15012/27/2013

R149, it's your lucky day! Tommy Davis' deposition has now been filed, and Tony Ortega has a copy - it starts on page 90 of this document. He's extremely combative, and he skates a fine perjurious line. He's likely not lied about anything that could be proven, though. He's still very much in the cult's pocket.

(R150 is 120% correct - their Christmas events, including the Hollywood and Clearwater "winter wonderlands" are all a PR setup. Hubbard defined giving charity without receiving something material as "out-exchange," a very bad thing. Scientology and Scientologists do not make charitable contributions of anything except cult literature.)

by Anonymousreply 15101/02/2014

I'm looking at Tony Ortega's site now. I doubt that Tommy Davis and his wife got out of Scientology. Mommy Anne wouldn't be happy if they left.

by Anonymousreply 15201/02/2014

Quoting myself to say I WAS WRONG...

[quote]he skates a fine perjurious line. He's likely not lied about anything that could be proven, though

Ray Jeffrey has filed text messages (from Mike Rinder, who saved his Blackberry SIM card when he blew the cult) with the court to support a request for sanctions. Among other things, he's asking for consideration of perjury charges against Tommy Davis, Warren McShane and Allen Cartwright for statements in their depositions that they never talked to Miscavige, etc.

(Could also be why Leah Remini has been subpoenaed - Tommy Davis is the one who told her "you don't have the fucking rank to ask about Shelly!" at the Cruise/Holmes wedding. I'd bet she's testifying to Miscavige's involvement there, and perhaps in other ways as well. Rumor has it she met with him personally when she was going through "ethics" handling.)

by Anonymousreply 15301/05/2014

I'm amazed the attorney made it through the deposition without throttling Tommy Davis. It's exhausting just reading it.

by Anonymousreply 15401/05/2014

I hope Tommy Davis really gets his comeuppance someday. I got to give Mike Rinder credit for saving that SIM card. I find him more likable than that asshole Marty Rathbun.

by Anonymousreply 15501/05/2014

What really cracks me up about this is that Miscavige 'pulled this in' quite directly - he brought Rinder out of the 'hole' at Int Base to help bail Tommy out then generated all these texts, and Rinder blew as a direct result of this assignment. We're reading the messages that finally drove him out.

I like Rinder better than Rathbun too; among other reasons, he's not nearly as pompous. And although neither is without cult-driven sin, Rathbun has much more to come clean on. That said, Rinder is still drinking the kool-aid to some extent, believes Hubbard was flawed but his work still has great value. Rathbun is apparently lurching forward without it; he's now saying he's no longer a Scientologist, and that Hubbard ran a con job that merely 'left some insights in its wake.'

If he delivers *this*, though? On ALL points? Then I'd say he's well and truly on the *real* bridge to total freedom...

by Anonymousreply 15601/06/2014

I started reading Going Clear a couple of days ago. What upset me is that Wright noted that the feds had investigated Hubbard and Scientology back in the 60s are stripped them of the tax exemption. But that didn't hold up later on.

by Anonymousreply 15701/06/2014

Article mentions the clam attempt to get Spielburg in. Spielburg had to have known about Hubbard's anti-Semitic attitude and stayed away from the clams.

by Anonymousreply 15801/06/2014

Warren McShane who was recently gave a deposition in the Rathbun case talked about the secret compound in Hemet,CA .

by Anonymousreply 15901/07/2014

A documentary based on the book is almost complete and will air on HBO sometime in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 16011/25/2014

[quote]when part 1 fills up.

At the rate we're going, this should be some time in 2025.

by Anonymousreply 16111/25/2014
Need more help? Click Here.