Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

San Diego Mayor Bob Filner asked to resign from office

Letter cites sex harassment claims against mayor

Posted: 07/10/2013 Last Updated: 12 hours ago

SAN DIEGO - A former San Diego city councilwoman said she has "credible evidence of more than one woman being sexually harassed" by Mayor Bob Filner and asked him to resign.

In a letter obtained by Team 10, former City Councilwoman Donna Frye writes "how anguishing it is to ask that you now vacate the office."

by Anonymousreply 7108/24/2013

Filner Won’t Resign; Apologizes, Says He Needs Help

Originally published July 11, 2013 at 2:57 p.m., updated July 11, 2013 at 4:44 p.m.

By Sandhya Dirks, Mark Sauer

Conceding that he has behaved inappropriately with women, San Diego Mayor Bob Filner said today that he will not resign and is seeking "professional help" to deal with his behavior..

In a DVD statement, Filner said:

"I begin today by apologizing to you. I have diminished the office to which you elected me. I have reached into my heart and soul and realize I must and will change my behavior.

"As someone who has spent a lifetime fighting for equality for all people, I am embarrassed to admit that I have failed to fully respect the women who work for me and with me, and that at times, I have intimidated them.

Video of Filner's statement at link

by Anonymousreply 107/11/2013

Don't resign, Bob.

by Anonymousreply 207/11/2013

Was it "harassment harassment?"

by Anonymousreply 307/11/2013

I wish at least one of the victims would talk publicly about her story, if only to help make some sense of this.

The press makes it seem that the pressure is pretty high to have Filner resign. And those 3 that spoke at the press conference yesterday are long-time friends and allies of his. They are all pretty much demanding that their friend do the right thing and step down.

My feeling is the problem has got to be pretty serious to warrant them taking the stand that they did. But I'd like to know more before condemning the guy.

If he leaves, we get a special election which of course costs the city way more money than we should have to spend.

I wonder if Carl DeMaio will take another stab at it.

by Anonymousreply 407/12/2013

I don't know how to feel about this. I voted for Filner and I don't want to see a Republican take his place. Although, Democrats are now the majority, a special election could see a Republican back in the Mayor's office. From the way this has all been presented, it seems to be true and pretty damaging. Damn you Bob! Why?!

by Anonymousreply 507/12/2013

Resign, you stupid fuck!

by Anonymousreply 607/12/2013

Wait, I just got home and heard that he is saying he's innocent. I hope he is but I'm afraid he isn't. Why would he even do something like this? I don't understand the mindset. I'm so mad at and disappointed in him, but I hope it isn't true but I don't think all of these many women would just make this up.

by Anonymousreply 707/12/2013

With all the crap he is creating for months now, this is just the icing on the cake. He needs to leave, pronto. His apologize was half baked and probably not sincere. He cannot admit having wronged the women and still stay in office.

His staff is leaving already, so I am not even sure how he can run the city right now, let alone hire new staff. I don't think he has a chance to stay. And that's good. In just a couple months he alienated everybody, even fellow democrats, but didn't accomplish anything.

Don't want DeMaio in office either, but Nathan Fletcher is probably ambitious enough to run again. I would vote for him this time.

by Anonymousreply 807/12/2013

True, I'm so pissed at him. He has made a fool of all of us who supported him. Why on earth would he think it is acceptable to harass women on the job? Is it because of his age? And by that I mean is it because these things were once acceptable and he has never caught up with the times? I'm just so fearful we're going to get a Republican all because Filner is a selfish idiot. What would happen if he refuses to resign? He's denying all of the allegations now.

by Anonymousreply 907/12/2013

Oh yeah and I just remembered the bribery scandal from two weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything more about it. This guy is unreal.

by Anonymousreply 1007/12/2013

Mayor Says He's Innocent as More Leaders Call for Resignation

Posted by Jennifer Vigil (Editor), July 12, 2013 at 09:19 pm

San Diego Mayor Bob Filner is making news across the country, even as he claims his innocence and new voices chime in demanding his resignation. is reporting that Filner issued a statement after 6 p.m. Friday saying he is "confident that a fair and independent investigation will support my innocence with respect to any charges of sexual harassment.”

The mayor's comments came hours after local Assembly members Toni Atkins and Lorena Gonzalez joined former San Diego City Councilwoman Donna Frye and two attorneys in calling for his resignation in the wake of the harassment allegations.

by Anonymousreply 1107/13/2013

Mayor should resign. He's disgusting.

However, why isn't there a loud call for VA Gov. Bob McDonnell's resignation. So far, it's been a whisper with only 2 state Dems publicly calling him to resign.

When Democrats behave badly, everyone goes nuclear. When a Republican does it, it's a soft murmur.

by Anonymousreply 1207/13/2013

When I first saw Donna Fry was speaking at the Thursday presser, I thought that meant she was one of his victims. And I thought....HUH....Really?

No offense to Donna because I don't mean to make fun of her appearance (although I think that hairstyle on a woman of her age looks odd), but she's about the last woman that I think of getting inappropriate advances from a man in the workplace.

Then I listened to her and it all made sense. She's the one the sexy ladies confided in about how Mayor Filner has been a pig.

by Anonymousreply 1307/13/2013

I don't think a fair investigation will help him. If he is lucky the three women will not speak publicly. But I have a feeling that older stories from the past will come up. I am curious though about the nature of the harassment allegations. Donna Frye would not go public and cry in front of the camera if the stories involved just some macho remarks on his side or a slap on a woman's butt.

On a side note: What was wrong with Donna Frye? She looked terrible and was crying like Filner was dead.

by Anonymousreply 1407/13/2013

Good question R12. I haven't heard much about the Bob McDonnell scandal.

by Anonymousreply 1507/13/2013

Donna Frye isn't fucking around. Shit got serious with her at that press conference this morning.

And I'm glad they shared some specific examples of Filner being a dirty dog...although it was a little uncomfortable listening to Donna read that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1607/16/2013

Toronto, take notes! We need to do this to get Rob Ford out of office!

I KNOW there has been at least 1 woman who has publicly stated that Rob sexually harassed her, I'm sure there are more just going by the stories I've hear about him.

by Anonymousreply 1707/16/2013

If that lecher makes San Diego go through a costly recall election after much of that campaign was about wasteful city spending, he'll lose the last bit of respect that I have for him.

We can't afford to build a new stadium to keep the Chargers in SD (which I mostly agree with), but we can spend millions to yank his stubborn ass out of office and replace him.

by Anonymousreply 1807/16/2013

Mayor Bob Filner's ex-fiancee releases statement on what ended relationship Ingram:

Filner increasingly aggressive

Posted: 07/15/2013 Last Updated: 20 hours ago

SAN DIEGO - San Diego Mayor Bob Filner's former fiancee said she recently broke off their engagement because he was verbally abusive toward her and blatantly sent sexually explicit text messages to other women, KPBS reported.

Bronwyn Ingram, 48, also believes the 70-year-old mayor, who was elected in November, should resign, according to a statement Ingram provided to KPBS.

In the statement, Ingram said Filner's ability to lead has been impaired by numerous recent controversies, most notably allegations that he sexually harassed women who work for and with him.

However, Ingram conceded that she has no direct knowledge of the sexual harassment allegations recently lobbied against Filner by three of his former political allies: former City Councilwoman Donna Frye and lawyers, Marco Gonzalez and Cory Briggs.

"While I had heard rumors that he was engaging in sexual relationships with other women, I was never able to determine their validity," Ingram wrote. "However, as Bob's behavior continued to become more aggressive, standard decorum seemed to disappear. Bob recently began texting other women sexually explicit messages and setting up dates while in my presence and within my line of vision."

Ingram and Filner dated for more than three years prior to her announcing their split last week.

Filner has acknowledged that he failed to fully respect women but he denied sexually harassing anyone and has refused to resign.

Instead, Filner outlined the city's process for an independent review and investigation, which he said will support his claim of innocence of the sexual harassment allegations made against him. Filner also said he has sought professional help to change his behavior and that he would participate in sexual harassment training.

Frye, Gonzalez and Briggs are scheduled to hold an 11 a.m. joint news conference to discuss their next move following Filner saying he would comply with their demands for his resignation.

So far, Frye, Gonzalez and Briggs have not disclosed specific allegations against Filner because they said they want to protect the women involved. One woman told local media that Filner touched her inappropriately behind closed doors and another said that he kissed her without her consent.

Read Ingram's full statement below and on

The statement I made regarding Bob's abusiveness and disrespect is referring to his behavior in our personal relationship. While I had heard rumors that he was engaging in sexual relationships with other women, I was never able to determine their validity. My focus has been on the work I was engaged in with the homeless population rather than tracking the sources of gossip.

However, as Bob's behavior continued to become more aggressive, standard decorum seemed to disappear. Bob recently began texting other women sexually explicit messages and setting up dates while in my presence and within my line of vision.

Ending our relationship was a heart wrenching decision for me for many reasons, including the abandonment of my work on the homeless problem. It pains me more than I can describe to abandon the hundreds of people living on the streets or in shelters. But given the circumstances, I obviously had no other choice. And without the power of the bully pulpit, my ability to help has become extremely limited.

I have witnessed a severe deterioration in Bob's ability to engage with anyone in a civil manner, myself included. During our trip to Paris, he screamed at me in public without provocation, among other inappropriate and disrespectful acts.

I do not have any direct knowledge of details in the many controversies surrounding Bob, including the sexual harassment charges. But I do know that anyone embroiled in so many serious controversies is impaired in ability to run a city. As someone who believes with all my heart in our shared vision for the city, someone who campaigned day and night to help elect Bob, it gives me great pain to admit that he is no longer capable of carrying out that vision. The mayors office is now paralyzed, engaging only in defensive posturing and struggling to survive.

The work of the people and for the people has ceased. I therefore urge Bob to put the best interest of the people of San Diego first and submit his resignation.

by Anonymousreply 1907/16/2013

Well, he can always move to New York and run for mayor and/or comptroller.

by Anonymousreply 2007/16/2013

I don't even live in San Diego but I happened to be there when Donna Frye lost out on being mayor because of incorrect write-in votes, or whatever it was, and she struck me as one of the coolest people I'd ever seen in public office. Maybe I'm wrong but she seemed like the height of integrity; if she's turned on him, I can't imagine how he could retain any support.

by Anonymousreply 2107/16/2013

R13 When I saw that ... woman, Donna Fry speaking and then pictures of the perp laffin n' grabbin, I thought this must be the most hilarious city in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 2207/17/2013

How does a professional think that this kind of behavior is acceptable in the modern workplace, or anywhere? He's like a throwback to office behavior in the 1950s.

Maybe if Filner looked more like Gavin Newsom, he might get a pass. (That's me kidding around, by the way.)

by Anonymousreply 2307/23/2013

I don't see what is so bad, so he has a sex drive, big deal.

by Anonymousreply 2407/23/2013

Imagine this creepy, ugly ass piece of shit forcing physical contact on you or making some ridiculous sexual comment.

by Anonymousreply 2507/23/2013

Sometimes the indiscretions of wanna-be mayor Anthony Weiner (aka Carlos Danger) don’t seem so bad – at least compared to the actions of Mayor Filner.

It would be so much easier if Filner just got off on taking Glamor Shots of his junk and sending them out to interested parties. No crime in that! Questionable behavior for such a highly public figure? Sure. But the recipients of the pics are apparently willing and interested, so no harm, no foul.

Especially when the wife still says he’s a totally righteous dude and the best man to run NYC.

I was trying to find a nice summary online on where everything stands with the San Diego City Hall scandal currently, but couldn’t. They are all bits and pieces of multiple articles right now. Rachel Maddow gave a nice summary tonight though.

As it stands, 3 women in as many days have come forward with their stories of sexual harassment by Mayor Filner in various work settings. So far only the first woman has filed a lawsuit – I don’t know about the other two. Also we don’t know how many more are yet to share their stories. There is a hotline number for people to register their complaints about misconduct by home boy!

The City of San Diego is now paying an interim “CEO” (essentially) to take over responsibility for the day-to-day operation of City Hall since Mayor Filner has not been able to function in the job.

Also Maddow said (but I can’t find this in any of the news articles to get the details) that the SD City Attorney has ordered that Mayor Filner is not allowed to be alone with ANY female in a one-on-one situation on any city property. That’s no matter who the woman is.

The CA Attorney General couldn’t currently go to a meeting alone with the mayor – which is probably a good thing since Kamala Harris is very hot (Pres. Obama had that right on), and he’d certainly feel compelled to comment on her ass or suggest that she go ‘commando’ next time they meet, or whatever other inappropriate vocabulary he has in his repertoire.

So to address the situation of not being alone with any female, the easy remedy is to have his Chief of Staff attend every meeting along with him as a chaperone.

Related to that, he’s on his third chief of staff in a 2 week period. But the current lucky holder of that title is woman, so he can’t meet with his chief of staff without someone else being present. Might not matter for too long because who knows how long this woman will stay in the position.

Good times!!

by Anonymousreply 2607/25/2013

This is why heterosexuals should not be allowed to marry. They will destroy the sanctity of marriage, oh, wait, they have already been doing that for thousands of years.

by Anonymousreply 2707/25/2013

Putting women in a headlock? This man is mentally disturbed. I guess it's true that he beat up a female baggage claim clerk.

by Anonymousreply 2807/25/2013

Democrats need to rally behind him, we can't lose the Mayors office after so many years of just Republicans in there.

by Anonymousreply 2907/25/2013

Fuck that R29!

His creepy ass needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 3007/25/2013

R29, I'd rather have Jerry Sanders back than keeping Filner in office. In both cases despite their party affiliation.

by Anonymousreply 3107/25/2013

SD Democratic Party votes to ask for Filner's resignation

Posted: Jul 25, 2013 7:26 AM Updated: Jul 25, 2013 8:13 PM

SAN DIEGO (AP) - San Diego Mayor Bob Filner's own political party is calling on him to resign after seven women publicly identified themselves as targets of his alleged sexual advances.

The San Diego County Democratic Party Central Committee voted 34-6 Thursday night to ask the city's first Democratic mayor in 20 years to leave office.

The vote comes one week after the committee deadlocked 24-24 on the question. The earlier vote came before any woman had publicly identified herself.

The audience included political consultant Laura Fink, who says Filner patted her buttocks in 2005 when he was congressman and she was his deputy campaign manager. She says she is gratified by the vote.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. For an earlier story, read below.

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A day after two more women accused him of sexual harassment, the San Diego County Democratic Party Thursday will meet for the second time to work out its stance on the political future of embattled San Diego Mayor Bob Filner.

Party committee members met last Thursday for more than three hours but failed to reach a consensus on whether to support the 70-year-old Filner, whose resignation is being clamored for by several local office holders and civic leaders, both Democrat and Republican.

In a statement released after last week's meeting, committee chairwoman Francine Busby said that, although committee members were divided, there would be grounds for Filner's resignation if the sexual harassment allegations turn out to be true.

"I can share some broad areas of agreement among Democratic Party leaders," she said. "We unequivocally condemn sexual harassment and workplace intimidation. We abhor the actions he is alleged to have taken against women, even as we recognize that all the individuals involved have a legal right to fair hearing."

Filner was first publicly accused of sexual harassment about two weeks ago, when three of his former political allies held a joint news conference to announce they had evidence he had engaged in it and that he should step down immediately. The trio, which included former Councilwoman Donna Frye, initially declined to discuss specific allegations, citing a need for privacy for the women involved.

On Monday, Filner's former communications director became the first woman to publicly describe his allegedly offensive conduct.

Irene McCormack Jackson, 57, said that while she worked in the mayor's office, Filner held her in a headlock while demanding kisses. She also alleged the mayor told her she should work without her panties on, that he wanted to see her naked, that he could not wait to consummate their relationship, and that he wanted to marry her.

Jackson has filed a lawsuit in San Diego Superior Court against Filner and the city. It seeks unspecified damages. She is being represented by high-profile Los Angeles-based attorney Gloria Allred.

City Attorney Jan Goldsmith, who himself has feuded with the mayor on several occasions, said his office will defend the city, while Filner will be represented by lawyer Harvey Berger, possibly at the city's expense.

Pending the outcome of the lawsuit, Filner is restricted from meeting alone with women at city facilities.

"At my request, the mayor is not to meet with women alone at city facilities," Goldsmith said. "That was agreed to by his lawyer, and it is being enforced by the chief of staff, deputy chief of staff. The chief of police is also aware of that and has made certain commitments."

After Jackson came forward, a former campaign staffer said Filner patted her bottom at a 2005 fundraising event, when he was a congressman. Laura Fink said she demanded an apology from Filner in an email and received a mumbled "I'm sorry" a couple of days later.

Filner's third alleged victim is San Diego Unified School District psychologist Morgan Rose, who said she met with Filner in 2009 at a restaurant across from his congressional office to discuss her initiative dedicated to the well-being of America's children. She said that during their discussion, he told her "your eyes have bewitched me" and moved next to her.

Rose said Filner tried to kiss her four times and only stopped when he received a phone call. She quoted him as saying he wouldn't budge until she kissed him.

Rose said she has called a hotline set up by the Sheriff's Department to take complaints against the mayor. The department has been designated as the lead law enforcement agency for investigating the claims.

Filner initially apologized for mistreating women in his office, admitting that he failed to fully respect the women who work for him and with him and that at times, he intimidated them. Later, he said his actions did not constitute sexual harassment.

In rebuffing calls for his resignation, Filner, who was elected last November, said he's working with professionals to make changes in his behavior and he wants an opportunity to prove he's capable of change.

Following Monday's announcement from Jackson, Filner said in a statement that he was saddened by the charges that were leveled against him.

"Once due process is allowed to unfold, I am certain there will be a better understanding of this situation," he said.

He also asked San Diegans to avoid a rush to judgment.

"I do not believe these claims are valid," Filner said. "This is why due process is so important. I intend to defend myself vigorously and I know that justice will prevail."

by Anonymousreply 3207/25/2013

It was harmless fun. A touch here and there, a compliment to brighten your day. Lighten up, people.

by Anonymousreply 3307/26/2013

I wonder how often Filthy Filner showed up to work without underwear on, as he suggested to some of these women that they do.

by Anonymousreply 3407/26/2013

Day 4 of women coming out publicly to talk about being sexually harassed by Mayor Filner, and 4 new names went to the press together. And these are some high profile women.

One is a retired Navy Rear Admiral, one is the head of the Port Tenants Association, and one is a Dean at SDSU.

Since these women coming forward are such accomplished business professionals, I'm wondering why these stories haven't come out until now. These ladies have all got to be aware of what is inappropriate behavior in a workplace setting.

Why weren't complaints being registered all along the way as they were happening?

Or why not during the election campaign last that we wouldn't be stuck in a situation now where we might have to recall the Mayor?

by Anonymousreply 3507/26/2013

This doesn't seem that bad. I bet this wouldn't even be a story if he wasn't a Democrat in heavily Repug San Diego.

by Anonymousreply 3607/26/2013

So you wouldn't mind your creepy, ugly female boss forcing her tongue down your throat?

by Anonymousreply 3707/26/2013

[quote]One is a retired Navy Rear Admiral, one is the head of the Port Tenants Association, and one is a Dean at SDSU.

Holy shit! He was pretty indiscriminate in the women he "selected." I thought they were all subordinates as is the case in most sexual harassment situations.

I didn't say this earlier because I didn't want to appear that I was justifying his behavior, but I wonder if he is slipping into dementia. A couple of things his fiancee said in her statement made me suspect deteriorating cognitive function might play a part:

[quote]"However, as Bob's behavior continued to become more aggressive, standard decorum seemed to disappear.

[quote]I have witnessed a severe deterioration in Bob's ability to engage with anyone in a civil manner, myself included.

Poor judgement, loss of impulse control, aggression, and personality changes can be symptomatic of dementia.

by Anonymousreply 3807/26/2013

Oh, Goody!

Filner is going to a clinic for 2 wks of intensive therapy.... in order to become a better man. LOL

Vile putz is just like Bob Packwood, the republican US senator from Oregon who had to resign in 1995 for similar repulsive behavior.

Damn. Just keep your tongues to yourselves, you old fucking coots. No one wants that!

One women said of Filner.... I turned my head to avoid it, and he slobbered all over my cheek. SIMPLY VOMIT INDUCING!

by Anonymousreply 3907/26/2013

I'm with r38. This sounds like more than just being inappropriate and clueless. Dementia onset or brain lesion, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 4007/26/2013

He deserves another chance, let's see if he is a changed man when he gets out of rehab.

by Anonymousreply 4107/26/2013

He doesn't deserve squat.

by Anonymousreply 4207/26/2013

I hope there's medical staff at the rehab center who can appropriately observe and assess him for dementia. I just saw that the earliest reported incident was in 2005 and involved patting a woman on the bottom. That's a while back. Has no one else but his fiancee and these women observed other aggressive, impulsive or inappropriate behavior?

by Anonymousreply 4307/26/2013

He deserves to have his teeth knocked down his throat.

Medical condition, MY ASS!

by Anonymousreply 4407/26/2013

I wonder if some of these woman are embellishing things hoping for a big payday down the line.

by Anonymousreply 4507/26/2013

Even his former fiance said he's a creepy toad.

She got out and so should the city.

by Anonymousreply 4607/26/2013

"My failure to respect women is unacceptable."

by Anonymousreply 4707/26/2013

[quote] I wonder if some of these woman are embellishing things hoping for a big payday down the line.

Probably not. They're all coming from situations where they made good money already. Considering the jobs they had/have, coming out in public is not worth if it's just for money.

by Anonymousreply 4807/26/2013

This is so embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 4907/26/2013

He gets sleazier by the moment:

[quote]An eleventh woman has accused San Diego mayor Bob Filner of sexually harassing her - claiming he said he would help an Iraq-wounded Marine, in exchange for her having a sexual relationship with him.

[quote]Nurse Michelle Tyler claims that Filner asked her for a personal relationship - including dinner dates - in exchange for helping wounded U.S. Marine Katherine Ragazzino.

Unfortunately, this was reported by the Daily Mail and Gloria Allred is sitting by her side at a news conference.

by Anonymousreply 5008/07/2013

Where's the outrage from the Democratic Party leaders?

At eleven victims, he has more than the other pervs combined!

by Anonymousreply 5108/07/2013

[quote]Where's the outrage from the Democratic Party leaders?

Have you not been keeping up with the story or this thread, dipshit? The Democratic Party leaders in San Diego have been calling for his ouster from the get go. Please learn to read or track a story before you make make yourself seem dim and uninformed. TIA!

by Anonymousreply 5208/07/2013

Perhaps the Democratic party leaders at the state and national level could speak up.

After all, they feel comfortable speaking about other local issues.

by Anonymousreply 5308/07/2013

I don't know if I believe some of these women. Let's see how things go when he gets out of rehab.

by Anonymousreply 5408/07/2013

Just a theory: Filner's behavior could be the early stages of Alzheimer's.

He has basically the same approach with all the women. He doesn't really harrass them beyond what appears to be a "one-time-only." The woman then turns him down, and then he moves on and does the same thing with another woman.

From what I've heard, it seems like sexual harrassment is ongoing and sustained--not just a sloppy kiss or comment and then nothing.

by Anonymousreply 5508/07/2013

Now it's up to 13 women.

by Anonymousreply 5608/07/2013

Weiner is passing notes to this guy. Dems need to get their shit together.

by Anonymousreply 5708/07/2013

[quote]Where's the outrage from the Democratic Party leaders?

On the day of the first harassment announcement, Nancy Pelosi said the old perv needs to step aside. What bigger, louder voice in Democratic leadership do you want?

by Anonymousreply 5808/07/2013

The fine folks at Hooters Family Restaurants have taken up the cause and are supporting their San Diego employees who refuse to welcome Mayor Filner to their establishments.

They sure do know how to use a unique marketing opportunity when it comes along!

But on a slightly more serious note - there is a local campaign to have businesses post signs that say the major won't be served by them because of his history of not treating women with respect.

Ol' Boy is out of 'rehab' now - apparently he checked out early. So he's roaming the streets freely and once again able to sexually harass at will. He doesn't have to worry about doing any 'mayoring' because we have hired an interim replacement for him.

by Anonymousreply 5908/14/2013

This is so embarrassing! When will it end?

by Anonymousreply 6008/14/2013

More power to him, he hasn't been convicted of anything.

by Anonymousreply 6108/15/2013

Why would you still support him after all of this?

by Anonymousreply 6208/15/2013

Apparently the mayor doesn't mind girls with a little meat on their bones. The latest victim to come forward is....well....not trim.

Since it has come to this, the formal recall effort begins this weekend. Then organizers have 39 days to collect the 101,000 necessary signatures from city residents.

by Anonymousreply 6308/15/2013

Uh...Erm...maybe there's something to that whole dementia thing.

by Anonymousreply 6408/15/2013

The old perv has finally given up the fight.

The details haven't been released yet because the city council still has to debate and vote whether to accept.

But there is a deal on the table right now that will be debated this afternoon and as part of it, Mayor Filner is resigning his position.

His stepping down now seems inevitable - but will the city have to pay him a pension as part of the deal? Hope not!

If the deal is accepted, the recall can be halted and we can move forward with a special election. At least stopping the recall midstream will save the city some money.

Filner (and the city) will still have liability for individual lawsuits - so far of the 18 different women that have publicly spoken about his inappropriate behavior, only one has filed a lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 6508/23/2013

I don't see why he had to resign. He should have made them recall him.

by Anonymousreply 6608/23/2013

Bye Bye.... you creepy ugly ass piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 6708/23/2013

He was a great Mayor!

by Anonymousreply 6808/23/2013

So. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 6908/23/2013

I'd have shot that vile, ugly jackass.

by Anonymousreply 7008/23/2013

And San Diego gets a gay mayor after all - at least temporarily.

The leader of the city council and out gay man Todd Gloria will be the interim mayor until a special election can be held to elect the new mayor.

Nathan Fletcher said he'd likely run again. The last I heard is that Carl Demaio hasn't given an official comment yet on whether he'd have another go at it.

by Anonymousreply 7108/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!