Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jello Biafra

There is like a hardcore blackout in the MSM about him, isn't there?

by Anonymousreply 3707/14/2013

He was the stifled authentic voice of his generation.

by Anonymousreply 107/11/2013

Faced down Tipper Gore

by Anonymousreply 207/11/2013

He did "spoken word" readings around SF and tours. Does he still do that?

by Anonymousreply 307/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 407/11/2013

Is he from the dead Kennedy's ?

by Anonymousreply 507/11/2013

Yes he is R5. Real name Eric Boucher.

by Anonymousreply 607/11/2013

MSM=Mainstream media

by Anonymousreply 707/11/2013

A really boring musician who is past his prime and 5 seconds of fame.

by Anonymousreply 807/11/2013

"MSM=Mainstream media"

Acronyms' capital letter belong for only the first letter of entire words, you ninny, not syllables.

It's not Main Stream Media, is it? No. Because the media is not about streams.

Your stupidity in using a non-acronym is matched by your presumption in thinking others use it.

No doubt you're also one of the legions of twits who don't know the difference between it's and its.

by Anonymousreply 907/11/2013

"MSM" is common Internet shorthand for the mainstream media, R9. Is this your first time on the computer?

by Anonymousreply 1007/11/2013

Actually, even if it was Main Stream Media, MSM wouldn't be an acronym.

An acronym is an abbreviation that is pronounced as a word, like LASER or NATO or PETA.

MSM is an initialism, an abbreviation formed by the first letters of words - like ATM or USA (or syllables, as in the case of ESP or MSM) - that is pronounced letter by letter.

by Anonymousreply 1207/11/2013

That's not the point R12. The point is that everybody who uses the internet extensively has heard this abbreviation many times.

by Anonymousreply 1307/12/2013

Isn't that the blue Jello?

by Anonymousreply 1407/12/2013

[quote]The point is

Shouldn't "the point" have something to do with Jello Biafra?

by Anonymousreply 1507/12/2013

The mainstream media are at higher risk for HIV.

by Anonymousreply 1607/13/2013

r15, are you new here?

r12 is part of a long tradition of a)pedantic posters, and b)off-topic thread posts.

I love them; I always learn finer points of language most people don't use anymore.

On topic, I'm not sure what the OP meant.

Do you mean the fact that he flames in interviews and it isn't discussed, or his radical (for the time) political/cultural opinions, or his subpar music?

by Anonymousreply 1707/13/2013

MSM has been in regular use for several years. R9 just woke up from a 20 year booze-induced sleep.

by Anonymousreply 1807/13/2013

Or s/he doesn't read right or centre-right media, r18.

I rarely see that used on lefty sites. It started as a Conservative political term in c. 2008.

by Anonymousreply 1907/13/2013

Here's what I know about Jello Biafra aka Eric Boucher.

He has a sister somewhere, there's Rabbis in his family line.

He did like trashy women at some point then when the wife took off with another man he was very very damaged.

An underage teen runaway-groupie with a drug problem Native American named Aris or Eris was living with him and sleeping with him in the later 80's.

He's not very tall, he's rather snarky & mean to people, never nice and friendly.

He was then attracted to really preppy trust funder plain women for a while.

After that I would see him in the Castro dressed in drag at times, and I think he was either experimenting with being bi/gay or was coming into himself really being bi or full on gay.

He's not tall, he's short. And really unattractive. It looks like he's always plucked his eyebrows.

He's got to be heading towards 60 years old at this point.

by Anonymousreply 2007/13/2013

He hasn't been heard from since the mid 90s when he lost that debate with actor Luke Edwards who said he had a "whiny way of speaking."

by Anonymousreply 2107/13/2013

""MSM" is common Internet shorthand for the mainstream media,"

Only to acolytes of the Alaskan harpy, Sarah Palincunt.

Have you ever BEEN to a punk show or seen the Dead Kennedys? Doubtful.

I have, so fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 2207/13/2013

I love that someone can post an completely bizarre remark about a media blackout around Jello Biafra and the only response here is an argument about whether "MSM" is an acceptable abbreviation of "mainstream media."

by Anonymousreply 2307/13/2013

Absurdist diversionary tactics are part and parcel of "Pointless Bitchery."

Happy to Serve.

by Anonymousreply 2407/13/2013

There's always room for jello. It's what's for desert.

by Anonymousreply 2507/13/2013

I remember the debate in r21. It was a panel and they were talking about NAFTA but Edwards was there for the earlier baseball discussion and stayed. This was after he was in Little Big League I think. He really handed it to Biafra.

by Anonymousreply 2607/13/2013

Anybody Luke Evans is against, I am for.

by Anonymousreply 2707/13/2013

r27, it was Luke EDWARDS for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 2807/13/2013

R9 obviously lacks actual knowledge of the concept, derivations, diversity and cultural determination of acronym construction, nor the difference between acronyms and handy abbreviations.

While Wikipedia is not usually the definitive source information, it's good enough for this pretentious cunt. Read up, fool.

Nothing is worse than a false expert. Do note the ineptness of the rhetorical devices this poster attempted to apply, and the illogical connection made between use of the abbreviation and an unrelated language error.

Obviously not just a cunt but a self-deluded and uneducated one. Presumption indeed.

by Anonymousreply 2907/13/2013

R25, "dessert," please. You don't want R9 calling for your execution, do you?

by Anonymousreply 3007/13/2013

Did anyone ever see Winona Ryder in Boys? For much of that movie she looked a lot like Luke Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 3107/13/2013

R19, no it didn't; Randi Rhodes and Janeane Garofalo were using it daily on AirAmerica in 2003-05.

by Anonymousreply 3207/13/2013

That's been discussion on dl before r31. You had to look at her in the right scene and angle though. But very similar like they could be brothers.

by Anonymousreply 3307/13/2013

Let's see... which topic is going to prevail in this thread... Proper use of acronyms or Luke Edwards/Winona Ryder.

by Anonymousreply 3407/13/2013

My exboyfriend looks like Winona Ryder and they have the same birthday, too, and the same forehead vein.

by Anonymousreply 3507/13/2013

Did he look like this r35?

by Anonymousreply 3607/13/2013

Jello Biafra will prevail. One day he will be the Great Leader.

by Anonymousreply 3707/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!