Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

FX's The Bridge

No one watched last night? I thought it was quite good. Although I imagine Diane Kruger's Asperbergers character will grate on quite a few people.

by Anonymousreply 4510/06/2013

The original version isn't on Netflix, but I watched it all on Dailymotion and Youtube w/subtitles. It's excellent so I had some trepidation about the FX version, but so far I'm very impressed. Love seeing Ted Levine back on tv - a very underrated actor.

by Anonymousreply 207/11/2013

I watched it but missed some parts. What was the twist with Annabeth Gish's character? I thought Diane Kruger was great! I am enjoying this more than the current season of The Killing, which is a little slow compared to the first two seasons (though I think I am the only one who thought season 1 and 2 were great).

by Anonymousreply 307/11/2013

I liked it. Yes, Kruger's character is totally irritating, but I loved that. Something different. And I think the Juarez cop if fucking hot. The Gish twist is that something is in the basement shed, but we don't see what it is. Right? Unless I missed it. I was starting to fade the final half hour.

by Anonymousreply 407/11/2013

Please, people I'm begging you to watch the original series from Sweden/Denmark. It's so fucking good!! Great acting and amazing writing! I love watching tv shows from Scandinavia. I've been on a binge since watching Forbrydelsen two years ago. For some reason the Brits can watch these shows in their original form - why can't the Americans appreciate art from overseas?

by Anonymousreply 507/11/2013

R3, not the only one. I loved both seasons of "The Killing" that dealt with Rosie Larsen's murder, and am loving this new case/season too. If I were going to write something based in Seattle that concerned serial killing, the great community of runaway teens that are constantly out on the streets would be my first pick.

Plus, this season has Peter S., who is an amazing actor, even if the scenes set in the prison are my least favorite.

by Anonymousreply 607/11/2013

Does Diane Kruger speak perfect American English now, good enough to pass?

by Anonymousreply 707/11/2013

R3 R4 Yes, the cliffhanger for Annabeth Gish's character involves the secret room/container in the basement. We saw her open the lock and that is where it left off...until next week!

by Anonymousreply 807/11/2013

Is Forbrydelsen available to watch online? I've looked for it in the past and not found anything.

I watch the Killing mostly for the delectable Joel Kinnaman. I think the writing is better this season but can someone in Seattle please turn on a damn light? I hate looking at a black screen!

I thought Kruger's English was fine.

by Anonymousreply 907/11/2013

I enjoyed the first episode but am confused about something. That woman asked the man in the alley, "Are you the one?", then got in his trunk. Does she think he is a coyote?

by Anonymousreply 1007/12/2013

I don't like subtitles, and there were a lot of them. I like to do other things while I watch tv, this show annoyingly requires you to keep your eyes glued to the screen or you have no idea what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 1107/12/2013

Diane Kruger's accent is horrible and she's terribly miscast.

by Anonymousreply 1207/12/2013

Damn that TV show that makes you pay attention, R11!

by Anonymousreply 1307/12/2013

Yeah, you really got my point, r13.

by Anonymousreply 1407/12/2013

Just saw the first episode of American version. It's based on very good Swedish/Danish (Bron/Broen) collaboration, the second season begins on Sept. The original is better, I must say, even though the American version follows it closely, but the original is more realistic and esp. the female lead (Sofia Helin is her name) is outstanding. The bridge is a key bridge between Sweden and Denmark called Öresundsbron in Swedish and it is almost 8 km long. If you find the series somewhere, watch it.

by Anonymousreply 1507/12/2013

"A lot" of subtitles? It was maybe 5 minutes, max. If you're so lazy you can't even look at the screen once in awhile, why bother watching in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 1607/12/2013

Finally watched the pilot on Hulu+. A little slow, I thought. Also unsure how long I can deal with yet another female crimefighter with a mental problem, like "Homeland." I thought Kruger's accent was fine, but then, she didn't have a ton of dialogue. Demian Bichir is stellar, as always. Ditto the Texas accent and acting of Ted Levine.

I'll set my DVR to record it, sure.

by Anonymousreply 1707/12/2013

Kruger's character is ridiculous and annoying already. What police department would employ someone like that and let them deal with the public? Don't know how long I'll be able to take that but the Mexican cop may make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 1807/12/2013

Demián is a hot papi. I just saw him in "The Heat" as well-- he got third billing after Bullock and McCarthy in what is a pretty small role. I guess a Best Actor nom will do that for your career.

by Anonymousreply 1907/12/2013

R11, if you're going to use sarcasm as a device, I suggest you do it a bit better.

by Anonymousreply 2007/13/2013

I don't know how I missed the thread on this but just watched the first 3 episodes. I'm so glad this is based on something else, because I thought they imitated Homeland with the mentally off female detective. Obviously what makes her a good detective is her ability to see patterns that is characteristic of Asperger's. I see Diane overacting a bit, too, just a bit brittle in the role.

But I had never seen Demian Bichir before. He is incredible in the role and so hot that my chair was sizzling watching him. He can never have too much screen time.

I watch Monk reruns sometimes because I never saw the original, and I enjoy Ted Levine in this role, too. USA network has pretty much jumped the shark for me this summer, so I'll have to pay more attention to other networks.

by Anonymousreply 2107/25/2013

R21, Demian was nominated for an Oscar two years ago for A Better Life where he played an L.A. gardener.

by Anonymousreply 2207/25/2013

So the "richest man in El Paso" dies, and no one knows about it? Both the reporters and the cops seemed surprised when they heard it from the wife.

by Anonymousreply 2307/25/2013

Thanks, R22, I'll check it out on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 2407/25/2013

I watched the original on Daily Motion or some place like that. It was excellent. The woman who plays the lead was superb.

I, also, watched Forbrydelsen and I thought that season 1 and 3 were some of the best TV I have ever seen.

The acting in these foreign shows is universally great. For some reason US remakes always end up with some lousy acting sprinkled throughout.

by Anonymousreply 2507/25/2013

Saw the original which was really good. Couldn't make it through the first 5 minutes of the remake.

by Anonymousreply 2607/26/2013

R25 R26 The original is superb. The second season will begin on Sept. Forbrydelsen is excellent as well.

by Anonymousreply 2707/26/2013

Agree with everyone about the original of The Bridge. I watched it with English subs, and it's one of my favorite things I've watched in the past few years.

I do think the American remake is okay, and I'm watching it, but I'll admit I don't think it's up to the original. For sure, Kruger isn't nearly as good as Helin.

by Anonymousreply 2807/26/2013

The beginning of the original Bron/Broen. Please find the dvd with English subtitles or on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 2907/26/2013

Started watching the pilot but then stopped halfway through. The cop who finds it difficult to empathise thing is tiresome and she's a bitch. The premise is silly and these shows are becoming more unoriginal by the second.

by Anonymousreply 3007/26/2013

Demian is very hot. Would husband him up.

by Anonymousreply 3107/26/2013

R30 Unoriginal, I find the original series very original.

by Anonymousreply 3207/27/2013

Did everyone stop watching? I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 3308/16/2013

Datalounge isn't known for showing empathy. Much like a certain character on a certain tv show.

by Anonymousreply 3408/16/2013

The U.S./Mexico cultural differences are a big part of what I find interesting about this show. Is this a big factor in the original?

by Anonymousreply 3508/16/2013

I believe The Bridge has officially "jumped the shark".

Really? And for goodness sake - how many freakin commercials can FX put in an hour - what a lame station - I am officially done with this show and this station!

by Anonymousreply 3608/22/2013

The disgusting oral sex scene (with "Bobby Cobb" from "Cougar Town") was offset by the shirtless hotness of Demian Bichir.

by Anonymousreply 3708/22/2013

That scene never would have been shown on network television. The person who really grosses me out, though, is the guy that picks up the Mexican women to supposedly give them new lives. He makes my skin crawl.

by Anonymousreply 3808/23/2013

Huh, I thought it was a great episode. I suppose I'm not surprised that some DLers would clutch their pearls over implied hetero oral sex...but how "disgusting" can it be when you didn't actually see anything? Was that really worse than the scene where someone's face was blown off?

I think the show is only getting better and better.

by Anonymousreply 3908/23/2013

I just want an a binge of this show. I fucking loved it!

by Anonymousreply 4008/31/2013

I can't follow this show at all. Too many plotlines or something.

by Anonymousreply 4109/02/2013

Bron/Broen the original Swedish Danish series continues. This is the opening scene. The quality remains and the story is very good. Don't miss it.

by Anonymousreply 4209/29/2013

I enjoy the American version. It's been renewed for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 4309/29/2013

Season finale is tonight!

by Anonymousreply 4410/02/2013

I enjoyed this show but found the final two episodes anti-climatic. I think it would have been better if it ended when **SPOILER** Marco's son was killed.

by Anonymousreply 4510/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!