Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

North Carolina Motorcycle Abortion Bill Set To Get Full House Vote

The North Carolina House is set to vote on a controversial anti-abortion bill on Thursday, one day after its provisions were attached to unrelated motorcycle safety legislation without advanced notice to the public or Democratic lawmakers.

Sleaazy Repug motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 2007/12/2013

Abortion is THE issue in every state that the Republicans have a super majority.

Mainstream media just don't seem to care. Only people like Rachel Maddow are really covering the sleazy tactics that the state GOP are employing.

by Anonymousreply 107/11/2013

The Repugs have lost the gay issue, maybe not entirely, but over time, same-sex equality will win.

But they're going after abortion like a bunch of crazed zealots.

Bring on an abortion pill via prescription--and end this assault on women and the freedom of choice.

by Anonymousreply 207/11/2013

Repug slime as usual.

by Anonymousreply 407/11/2013

I live in NC. The Republicans have done such damage to this state in the past months. These days I feel as if I'm watching the death of someone I've loved intensely all my life. Such sadness.

by Anonymousreply 507/11/2013

The Bill passed the State House. I must therefore officially rescind my clearest proclamation: "No. Wire. Hangers. EVER!"

by Anonymousreply 607/11/2013

What's happening to women's rights there is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 707/12/2013

I can't wait 'til these states face an even higher birth rate among unmarried women than they already do. Red states lead the county in births to unwed mothers. I wonder how they'll demonize them then.

by Anonymousreply 807/12/2013

Shame them into selling them for adoption... Oops, I mean giving them up for adoption through some faith-based agency.

by Anonymousreply 907/12/2013

Funny that so many pro abortion people are huge PETA supporters and anti death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 1007/12/2013

Well, you know, you have to pass the bill before you can see what's in it.

by Anonymousreply 1107/12/2013

Funny that little sentience thing.

by Anonymousreply 1207/12/2013

R11 = liar

by Anonymousreply 1307/12/2013

Damn. The article that R5 posted is depressing. N. Carolina's government is unwittingly (or wittingly) making itself a social experiment to contrast with the rest of the country. I had no idea their cuts to social programs were so draconian, especially to the state's educational programs. Unreal. Take away the basis for present survival and future betterment.

by Anonymousreply 1407/12/2013

R13, If Nancy can use that philosophy, so can others.

by Anonymousreply 1507/12/2013

meanwhile, Ireland passed their first ever Abortion bill

by Anonymousreply 1607/12/2013

[quote]Well, I support restricting killing unborn children, so on this one issue, the NC GOP is right. I am pro-gay, pro-life.

A gay man who hates women? Breathtaking in its originality.

by Anonymousreply 1707/12/2013

R15 that was not the philosophy she was using, and you intentionally misquoted her. Hence, you are a liar.

by Anonymousreply 1807/12/2013

I'm so fed the fuck up with people who refer to themselves as "Pro-life" knowing full-well that 9 times out of 10, they're gun nuts who love nothing more than the sight of daisy cutters killing thousands of babies in some third world nation, who don't have any love for the babies already born and who don't adopt.

by Anonymousreply 1907/12/2013

OK R15, here you go

[quote]You've heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don't know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it's about diet, not diabetes. It's going to be very, very exciting. But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

That's as big a load of shit as anyone has ever spouted.

by Anonymousreply 2007/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.