Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Christie Brinkley, 59, poses with lookalike daughter Sailor, 15, on their first magazine cover together

Christie looks GREAT for 59. Sailor really is her spitting image.

by Anonymousreply 6608/18/2013

Rub it in, why don't you!?!

by Anonymousreply 107/10/2013

Christie must have a picture in her attic.

by Anonymousreply 207/10/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 307/10/2013

Too much photoshop

by Anonymousreply 407/10/2013

Yeah r1, cause there's only one kind of beauty. Blonde, blonde, blonde.

by Anonymousreply 507/10/2013

Christie has had some work done... good work, but plastic surgery nonetheless.

I feel for Alexa, she's never been on the cover of a magazine with Christie, that's gotta hurt. It's as if in this pictorial, it appears that Christie has a closer bond to Sailor because of their similar looks. Alexa resembles Billy.

by Anonymousreply 607/10/2013

On the Chicago tour

by Anonymousreply 707/10/2013

Those pics have obviously been photoshopped to death. Even with a face lift/pull, you'd still see some lines or something, especially with close-ups like that, but their faces are virtually poreless/blemishless. I'd like to see an untouched photo. She probably has pronounced crow's feet and lines around her mouth that is evident in real life.

by Anonymousreply 807/10/2013

R8 - Yeah, but if you look at recent videos, Christie still looks a lot younger than 59.

by Anonymousreply 907/10/2013

Sailor is truly a beautiful young lady.

I think Alexa Ray looks like someone in a painting from the Middle Ages.

by Anonymousreply 1007/10/2013

R5, no one thinks hair color is the issue. No one.

by Anonymousreply 1107/10/2013

Bet Christie secretly hates the daughter for being young and naturally beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 1207/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 1307/10/2013

r11, when I wrote 'blonde,' I meant the California beach babe look Christie and Sailor have. Alexa looks are like what someone said above, more of a Middle Ages/Gothic look that doesn't seem to be appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 1407/10/2013

That poor unfortunate Alexa Ray ("the other daughter") has Christie Brinkley for a mother and she looks exactly like her father. Genetics can be a real bitch sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 1507/10/2013

R14, I knew what you meant about that generic blonde look that's worshiped, but in Alexa's case, they could make her blonde and she'd still look like her father. The nose job helped, but if we're talking original faces, then blonde, brown, black, red, green... Alexa is never going to get the attention her sister and mother will get or have gotten.

by Anonymousreply 1607/10/2013

She looks a lot better in these pictures, where she isn't photoshopped to the nth degree.

by Anonymousreply 1707/10/2013

It's more common than you think, r15 .

by Anonymousreply 1807/10/2013

It's not unusual for this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 1907/10/2013

Was shocked to find out that Christie was bi and young wild when she was young. Read Janice Dickenson's trashy book outing her.

by Anonymousreply 2007/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 2107/10/2013

once again, the mother has the it factor, while the daughter doesn't. however, sailor is cute.

christie is a stunning blond. why discriminate against blonds, there are ugle and hot people of every type of coloring.

by Anonymousreply 2207/10/2013

never heard of Sailor Moon bitch?

by Anonymousreply 2307/10/2013

Christie Brinkley has always been pretty, still is. She was never beautiful. The photoshoot is highly retouched, just check out those hands. She's got hands that reveal her true age. In the Sawfirst link, check out her hands and forearms. Yikes!

She's had work done, the forehead/brow/eyes look unnatural. I've seen better work but it could have been worse. Fortunately, she doesn't have a 60 year old neck.

by Anonymousreply 2407/10/2013

First thing I thought of was poor Alexa Ray, no wonder she tried to kill herself. Only Rumer Willis has it worse.

by Anonymousreply 2507/10/2013

Sailor (WTF) still isn't as pretty as her mom. Poor Alexa, she has the head of a potato. I should know.

by Anonymousreply 2607/10/2013

R24 - what do you mean by Christie was never beautiful?

by Anonymousreply 2707/10/2013

R22, Why couldn't cute Sailor be a model like her Mom, without the "name" connection? If she looks like her Mom, why do you say she doesn't have the "it" factor?

How do the 2 compare to Cindy Crawford&daughter?

by Anonymousreply 2807/10/2013

gotta feel for her oldest daughter with Billy Joel lol.

by Anonymousreply 2907/10/2013

Crawford's children are gorgeous.

Hot daddy:

by Anonymousreply 3007/10/2013

Christie Brinkley is one scary, crazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3107/10/2013

R31 = Peter Cook

by Anonymousreply 3207/10/2013

Alexa's looks are just fine. Beauty comes in many varieties. She looks extremely pretty and happy (post-nose job, I know) in that pic with her mother and sister. My understanding is that Alexa is an accomplished pianist and songwriter, indicating that she's done something of note with her life other than posing for the camera. Alexa may not have had a cover with Christie, yet does anybody remember the SI shoot she did in Africa with her mother when she was only a child? At the time, it seemed that she'd grow to resemble Christie more than Billy.

Sailor is cute in a generic manner, yet nothing even approaching spectacular (and my eyes keep going back to her huge forehead). Sailor may be of note if she accomplishes more down the road than simply being Christie's "pretty" (to some) daughter. For now: Zzzzzz...

by Anonymousreply 3307/10/2013

Sailor should add some layers to her hair..

by Anonymousreply 3407/10/2013

People don't need to be gorgeous to be runway models. Some of the big names are, but plenty are generic looking or even strange in appearance. They just have to be tall and thin.

by Anonymousreply 3507/10/2013

"Sailor"!? Oy.

by Anonymousreply 3607/10/2013

Crawford's kids obviously have a better looking father.

I don't think Sailor looks that much like her mother except for her mouth. She has a much larger forehead, smaller eyes and a longer nose.

by Anonymousreply 3707/10/2013

I think Alexa has kind of an exotic beauty and a more interesting face than the other daughter. I've noticed that if someone is a blonde they automatically get beauty points they don't really deserve.

On a separate note, I'm originally from a tropical country where everyone had brown, dark or tanned skin. I remember being very puzzled when I first moved to the US that people actually thought the pale faced people with white hair were pretty because I thought they were ugly. I had a hard time seeing any blonde as attractive.

by Anonymousreply 3807/11/2013

Funny, R38, where I'm from (Central America), we were always taught that lighter was better and more beautiful. Even today, Spanish soaps feature Anglo-looking people as the leads and stars. The darker people are usually relegated to secondary/domestic roles. Watch a Mexican telenovela and they always have the dark men/women in traditional/stereotypical Indian garb, complete with braids for the women.

As I understand it, it's the same in India and other Asian countries. They even advertise lightening cream and get cosmetic surgery to make their eyes more European, respectively.

by Anonymousreply 3907/11/2013

There are many brunette women who are absolutely gorgeous. Still, you have to admit Christie is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 4007/11/2013

I have to say the most remarkable part of that article for me were the pictures of a younger Sailor as a chubby girl with too wide a face and too much chin. I don't think she's amazing looking now, but she's definitely generically pretty, and I'd be interested to see how her adolescent brain handles having good looks as a teenager after growing up so awkwardly as a celebrity child. Will she be more grounded because she was so homely and plain before, or will she go the opposite direction and be a complete pain in the ass to others now that she has some beauty to wield as a weapon?

by Anonymousreply 4207/11/2013

I ♥ R41

by Anonymousreply 4307/11/2013

Something about Cindy Crawford creeps me out ever since those pics of her daughter bound in duct tape were released.

by Anonymousreply 4407/11/2013

Preach it r41!

Alexa Ray Joel is crying all the way to the bank. She'll be wealthy until she dies and she'll never have to work a day in her life.

by Anonymousreply 4507/11/2013

Yeah I'd really like to know more about how she got from that "fat kid" stage to where she is now. Now she looks like the typical "naturally thin" teen who never had to worry about weight at all. It's like a glaring omission in the story because she looked like she was pretty set into the endomorph body type and I don't think most kids transform the way she apparently has.

by Anonymousreply 4607/11/2013

Christie is more than generically pretty. She has a lovely heart shaped face, smiling eyes, a beautifully formed smile and a gorgeous mature body.

I am not really into blond men or women, but she really is beautiful in a way that just is pleasing. Some faces make us happy. Bitch is blessed.

I think she went under the knife, old school. She had a full face, eye and brow lift. She looks a bit different but very good. But the basics are hers and I think more actress/models should go back to one good face lift somewhere around 50. Botox and fillers have not proven to be a better or more "natural" alternative.

She looked great for a long time, and now looks a bit altered. Cheryl Tiegs was a generic all american looking "pretty" model. Brinkley is a much more distinctive beauty, blonde or not.

by Anonymousreply 4707/11/2013

Christie was always very pretty, still is, but after the Peter Cook divorce debacle and before the Chicago musical tour, she got a very noticeable facelift. Let's see her model a bikini in broad daylight and her age will show.

by Anonymousreply 4807/11/2013

I listened to some of Alexa Ray's songs. Pretty damn good. I like her voice.

by Anonymousreply 4907/11/2013

I've hated this dopey beyotch ever since she had the nerve to claim that she'd never heard of Billy Joel before she met him. Tres believable, you gold-digging gorgon.

by Anonymousreply 5007/11/2013

I saw a late night commercial once for one of her many gym products. I dont know what happen, but its like they forgot shit crew for lighting. It was shocking, you could see splotchy skin, wrinkles on her arms and face, haggered looking. I had to do a double take before flipping the channel. I never saw that version of her out door work out demo since.

She must have fired them, cus she looks good again.

by Anonymousreply 5107/11/2013

Yeah, well I have a better pedigree. Who is Sailor's father again?

by Anonymousreply 5207/11/2013

There's nothing wrong with Alexa's looks by normal people's standards.

It's just that nobody can fail to feel for her that her genetics gave her the woman that every young American girl aspires to look like on the one hand, and a guy who looks like Al Capone rejected him on the other, and God chooses to let her take after him. Added to which she was born into an era that was becoming increasingly absorbed with looks rather than content.

Alexa is probably a lot more interesting for these challenges than she would have been if she was blonde and perky, and I agree Billy's features look more exotic on a young woman, but you know what the sage said: "Different is nice, but it sure isn't pretty - pretty is what it's about." So I feel for her.

At least she isn't called Sailor, though.

by Anonymousreply 5307/11/2013

Alexa looks fine. Part of it was the awkward teen and preteen years, as Sailor had as well

Sailor is a funny name

I thought that Christie Brinkley was pretty, but initially I thought she was Cheryl Tiegs-lite.

thanks for the Christie Brinkley bi info, R20

by Anonymousreply 5407/11/2013

Those pics are 'shopped to death. The ones showing CB's bare thighs are ridiculous. They look like the legs of a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 5507/11/2013

R54, You should read Janice Dickensons' book of how she really got into modelling. Plenty of lezzie and gay wild party stories, and the truth of how the whole industry operates.

by Anonymousreply 5607/11/2013

R55, Aren't models and actors in mags usually "shopped to death?" Best line in Gia, staring Angelina Jolie, when a Black girl tells Gia Carangi, "My whole life I wanted to look like you. And YOU don't even look like you."

by Anonymousreply 5707/11/2013

She certainly transitioned from an awkward chubber rather quickly.

by Anonymousreply 5807/11/2013

Yes, because Janice Dickson is a such a reliable source.

by Anonymousreply 5907/11/2013

I honestly think that Alexa is hotter than the vanilla look of Sailor. Plus, super stupid name.

by Anonymousreply 6007/11/2013

She looks good here.

by Anonymousreply 6107/11/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6207/11/2013

Christie with Alexa Ray. Both look fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 6308/18/2013

[quote]I honestly think that Alexa is hotter than the vanilla look of Sailor.

I do, too. Sailor is unarguably a pretty girl - though she's Photoshopped seventeen ways to Sunday in the DailyMail pictures - but if I were out at a bar, Alexa Ray would turn my head much, much faster than Sailor would. I think Alexa is very striking and she has a really cute smile.

She's said really nice things about both her parents, too; I remember reading an article where she said that she was more hurt by people constantly calling her dad ugly than people saying she wasn't as pretty as her mom, and that she thought he had a very soulful face of someone who had really lived. I'm a fan of his music; I thought it was a sweet thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 6408/18/2013

R64, that's very cool.

by Anonymousreply 6508/18/2013

[quote]Alexa Ray would turn my head much

You mean, "munch."

by Anonymousreply 6608/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!