Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think there really is an "end of the world"?

Could GLOBAL warming really destroy the globe? Is there a set date when it will all come to an end? Personally I think that's balooney.

by Anonymousreply 2907/10/2013

It won't destroy the globe, dear, it will simply kill the people on it and a good portion of all life on this planet - eventually.

Enjoy that "balooney" while you still can.

by Anonymousreply 107/10/2013

No, global warming won't kill the people on it, darling R1.

That line of bullshit has gotten way beyond tired and boring.

by Anonymousreply 207/10/2013

Oh FUCK global warming. It gets so fucking cold where I'm from. How is global fucking warming possible?

by Anonymousreply 307/10/2013

Enough.

by Anonymousreply 407/10/2013

Global warming won't kill us but it'll make things really uncomfortable for us.

Some other mass extinction event will kill us all I'm sure, but no time soon. The last one was 66 million years ago.

by Anonymousreply 507/10/2013

Global warming will be the end of the world as we know it, but not the end of the world, or of human life in it.

by Anonymousreply 607/10/2013

I think nuclear war is going to destroy the planet way before anything else does us in. Of course, if the Earth survives long enough, eventually it will absorbed by the Sun in a few billion years when the sun enters it's red giant phase.

by Anonymousreply 707/10/2013

The real damage caused by global warming is the increased water temperature.

by Anonymousreply 807/10/2013

Hold me David, I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 907/10/2013

Do any of you flyovers go to school?

by Anonymousreply 1007/10/2013

I think there are alien species patrolling the planet who would not let a nuclear war destroy the planet. Actual NATO and other military generals testified to that at the recent Citizens Hearing at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C..

Global warming, however, is a huge crisis. Where I live it has rained every single day for as long as I remember and plants that should bloom mid-to-late August are in full blossom now. It is a hugely bigger crisis that most admit to.

by Anonymousreply 1107/10/2013

Oh, lord have mercy, it rained on poor R11.

Maybe the alien species will save you, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 1207/10/2013

r11, I'll bite: link please.

by Anonymousreply 1307/10/2013

The earth is in the beginning stages of cleansing itself. This happens every 10,000 years. We have reached that year now.

by Anonymousreply 1407/10/2013

You mean CLIMATE CHANGE, OP? Yes, climate change will end human existence eventually. We won't live to see it, but the children or grandchildren of babies today will probably not live out their full life expectancy. The climate will become inhospitable to life.

by Anonymousreply 1507/10/2013

Mpy, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 1607/10/2013

Grow up, r10! This is a serious question.

by Anonymousreply 1707/10/2013

Only a moron would regard any of these responses as "serious"

by Anonymousreply 1807/10/2013

R11 I tried to answer but it got rejected. Just go to CitizenHearing [dot] org

by Anonymousreply 1907/10/2013

Jesus Fucking Christ.

We have Stormfront racists and anti-Semites.

We have Westboro homophobes.

Now we have idiotic climate change deniers.

In the old days, the DL wasn't this stupid and didn't allow posters here who were this stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2007/10/2013

It might be "balooney" to you but sadly not to the vast majority of climate scientists.

by Anonymousreply 2107/10/2013

[quote]In the old days, the DL wasn't this stupid and didn't allow posters here who were this stupid.

I don't know DL from the old days, but agree that it is infested with morons, and very unashamed morons at that.

There are lost of intelligent posters too. I just wish this site had the ignore button.

by Anonymousreply 2207/10/2013

Climate change is real and is man made. Denying that wont help, it's not like closing the door on a Jehovah's Witness saying "no thanks, that's not what we believe, now move along toots". Believe it or not it's happening and were all affected. Whether that is going to cause the extinction of life is another question. There might be a meteor strike next week. There are a number of near-Earth passes every year, one of them will hit eventually. We just don't know if its next year or 5 million years away.

In summary, maybe, maybe not, hard to tell, could be. Better just enjoy life while you can.

by Anonymousreply 2307/10/2013

The Apophis meteor will pass by earth in 2029 and could hit in 2036.

by Anonymousreply 2407/10/2013

[b]In summary, maybe, maybe not, hard to tell, could be. Better just enjoy life while you can.

It's hard to tell because you and I and all the flat earthers don't have the knowledge to judge, however there are people with the knowledge ie climate scientists. Listen to the f****** experts!

The message is also that something can be done to at lessen global warming, so it shouldn't be simply about "enjoying life while one can". One simple thing that is within the power of many of us here is to vote for those politicians that can do something about it.

R23, you are just as useless as the climate deniers.

by Anonymousreply 2507/10/2013

R25 you might want to heave your panties out of your ass crack and get them untwisted. I'm unsure of the purpose of your little rant but I am well aware of what "the f****** experts!" say and I know what can be done to alleviate the problem. Your pointlessly vicious comment doesn't change that, it also doesn't mean that I, or anyone else, should be spending whatever remains of our lives in a frenzy of hand wringing misery.

Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 2607/10/2013

Global Warming is Clearasil and humans are the earth's pimples.

by Anonymousreply 2707/10/2013

OP, what do you do for living? Are you a scientist? I'd really like to know, because it seems you're smarter than all the other scientists in the world. I'd like to nominate you to get the Nobel Prize for Most Smartest Person in the Whole Wide World for debunking global warming by introducing modern science to the balooney theory, which in your world, is proven to be 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 2807/10/2013

I'll second that, R28.

Such brilliance must be recognized by the world!

by Anonymousreply 2907/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.