Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What Types of Pets Do You Have and What Are Their Names?

Me:

2 female Cavalier King Charles Spaniels named Dinah and Anna

1 male orange tabby cat named Tony

by Anonymousreply 8107/30/2013

I have an indoor male called Rastus, and a female housekeeper we just call Mammy.

by Anonymousreply 107/09/2013

1 male Min Pin named Jorge

by Anonymousreply 207/09/2013

Two cats: one found in a parking lot at a Dunkin Donuts as a kitten and is named (wait for it!) Duncan and a female who I got at the SPCA at the same time as a companion for him named Lily. She was originally named Mango which just was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 307/09/2013

Two black cats. One is named Freaky Friday and the other is Queen Latitt-ah.

by Anonymousreply 507/09/2013

4 cats: Lola, Spooky, Thomas and Magic

by Anonymousreply 607/09/2013

2 cats, Gypsy has long hair and is all black except she has white toes, and Oscar is grouchy orange tabby. I adopted them about a year apart (both are older cats) and those are the names they came with. I think they suit them each perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 707/09/2013

I like you, OP, because I believe in human names for pets too.

I have two calico girl cats, Tina and Sarah.

And one Maine coon boy cat, Jeremy.

by Anonymousreply 807/09/2013

Two orange and white male cats, Biggie, a/k/a Moonface, and Raoul, a/k/a Mr. Kooks.

One English Bulldog, Louie, a/k/a The Bear.

Like R7, I adopted Biggie as an adult cat and "Big" was the name the animal shelter gave him. I usually call the animals by their nicknames (each one has several).

by Anonymousreply 907/09/2013

Two dogs (well, one is mine and one is my partners, but we all live together):

Enzo Luigi: weiner dog/jack russell mutt

Rosie: blond terrier/border collie

by Anonymousreply 1007/09/2013

Eight street cats that have been fixed. They don't have names

by Anonymousreply 1107/09/2013

A Beagle named Gracie. She's a sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 1207/09/2013

Two cats. Whiskey and Soda.

by Anonymousreply 1307/09/2013

Two mutts, Echo and Sheba.

Sheba was a stray that showed up in out yard one day. We were sure Shirley Booth was calling her to come back.

by Anonymousreply 1407/09/2013

Small female beige Jack Russell - named Pippin.

Called Pip or Pippy - or "my wee darling" or "the best wee dog in the world"

by Anonymousreply 1507/09/2013

Rottweiler: Bremo

St Bernard: Cabell

3 German Shepherds: Zachary, Trooper & Maya

Great Dane: Gigi

We also have 2 additional foster dogs (rottie and a mutt).

Needless to say, with 7 large dogs we do not have any miscellaneous religious folks stopping by to evangelize.

by Anonymousreply 1607/09/2013

Two pugs - Henry and Stanley.

by Anonymousreply 1707/09/2013

R4: oh, those are adorable! I have seen a couple of times on Sat a.m. on Animal Planet, episodes - 3 types of puppies (can't remember name of show, sorry); one a while ago featured your type of dog. I'm envious!

by Anonymousreply 1807/09/2013

R11, I think you should give them names! Better yet; show us here their pix and have a cat-naming contest!

(I am completely serious! Yes, too much time on hands, sigh...

by Anonymousreply 1907/09/2013

12 year old female cat, black with a white spot on her chest. Emma, after Lady Emma Hamilton.

by Anonymousreply 2007/09/2013

Black cat named Marcel (from the shelter -- a friend came up with the name), and a silver tabby named Tim (came pre-named from the shelter when Marcel got bored with being home alone all day).

If I wasn't gone so much, or had a yard, I'd love to get a couple of dogs.

by Anonymousreply 2107/09/2013

This is Sparky and Laddie, my cats.

They started life as feral kittens, but they've grown up to be lovely sweet, playful, well-behaved house cats.

by Anonymousreply 2207/09/2013

OK R19, I'll try to take a picture but it's gonna be hard to get them all together

by Anonymousreply 2307/09/2013

You have invisible cats, r22?

Neat!

by Anonymousreply 2407/09/2013

Dammit, forgot to post the link.

HERE are Sparky and Laddie, my once-feral cats.

by Anonymousreply 2507/09/2013

Currently five cats (from a high of seven). Agnes (Russian Blue), Charlie Hustle (mackerel tabby), Tennessee (black and white tuxedo), Isabella (mackerel tabby) and Luke Scott (grey and white tuxedo). Two died in the past few months from lymphoma (Billy Beane and Joe Mauer). I am not currently backfilling positions.

All were strays that showed up looking for a meal on the back porch and decided to stay. Though I suspect the catnip plant had something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 2607/09/2013

2 Cats - Uma and Bridget

by Anonymousreply 2707/09/2013

Two black cats. Female is Darcie and the male is Thomas. Darcie is named after musical theatre actress Darcie Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 2807/09/2013

Him & Her --

Litter mates who are gray-blue domestic shorthairs with yellowy-copper eyes. 13-years-old on August 15. They both adore me and I them.

They were born in the Virginia-Highland area of ATL but we no longer live in GA.

by Anonymousreply 2907/09/2013

17 year old female cat named Salem

by Anonymousreply 3007/09/2013

A female Tuxedo cat named Sydney, in honor of OJ's bi-racial daughter, Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 3107/09/2013

Makes me very sad that where I now live, I must be totally catless. There are several abandoned strays in my gated condo complex for whom my diverse neighbors have collectively named, fixed, and provided shots. Each has a favorite balcony/patio for naps/sleep, and goes from condo to condo depending on what food is offered at designated feeding times. I was informed of this fact when I moved in, and was told that my patio was already "owned" be a few cats.

Previous rescue cats were named Star Lite Kitty Katt, Mickey Katt Sr, Honey Katt, and Mickey Katt Jr. Since all were fixed, Mickey Sr and Jr were not related. They were just both black&white kitties, and I loved the name, as it's a triple pun. My grandmother's favorite expression was, "don't let anyone give you a Mickey."

by Anonymousreply 3207/09/2013

Sparky and Laddie are beautiful R25!

by Anonymousreply 3307/09/2013

2 male Basset hounds. We rescued both.

Goodwin is 3yo and is my baby

Winston is 5yo and my husband's shadow

by Anonymousreply 3407/09/2013

My cat is named Miss Sissyboodles.

by Anonymousreply 3507/09/2013

W&W for R1 ! :-)

Once again, diet coke has exploded from my nostrils as I failed to suppress a laugh. When will I learn not to drink while reading DL?

by Anonymousreply 3607/09/2013

A little brown dog named Brownie.

by Anonymousreply 3707/09/2013

I once had a shelter cat named Bootsie Gumdrop.

by Anonymousreply 3807/09/2013

Beautiful, R25

I have one 3 year old tuxedo cat named Olivia (she's sassy, and a total acrobat) who I adopted from a shelter in California. She was the product of a hoarder, an old lady that lived with about 30 cats, and the lady died. She was one of the last cats to be adopted. Her tail is bent and I've spent a lot of money to fix her teeth. Can you guess which Olivia she's named after?

Nice to see so many people with black cats.

by Anonymousreply 3907/09/2013

This is Squeaky. I've told this story before, but I adopted her from the Chicago city pound where they had named her "Sissy"... as in "Miss Sissy Boodles".

by Anonymousreply 4007/09/2013

R39 here, this is Olivia

by Anonymousreply 4107/09/2013

Olivia is very pretty, r39!

by Anonymousreply 4207/09/2013

R39, Olivia is tres belle.

by Anonymousreply 4307/09/2013

I have 4 cats. One is my husband's cat. She hates him. He lets her go outside. She caught a bird today, the nasty bitch. My 3 cats are indoor cats and catch bugs that get through the screen door on summer nights. My husbands' cat attacks my 3 cats and terrorizes them. They are all bigger than she is, but they just don't have the temperament to attack her. They sometimes pee or poo because they are so afraid when she goes after them. She was a lost housecat. Or else someone dropped her off because they got sick and tired of her scratching and biting for no reason when being petted.

I just found out that for the first time in more than a hundred years, there is a coyote in the neighborhood. I wouldn't mind if he snacked on a certain outdoor pussycat.

by Anonymousreply 4407/09/2013

Two rescue calico sisters, Cali and Gypsy.

by Anonymousreply 4507/09/2013

Four cats and a dog, all strays who just showed up when I opened the door. The dog: A pit/shepherd mix named Rufus T Billington the third. His drag name is Petunia. The cats: Lala (because it means 'the the" in French; Toby; Ruffles Regina Jenkins Hightower aka "chunky"; Daisy Bousseau, of the Philadelphia Bousseaus. They are all great pets.

by Anonymousreply 4607/09/2013

An German short haired pointer that my mother and I got from the animal rescue in early 2002. Mum died in December 2003 and Archie has been keeping me company ever since. He's an old boy now and snoring gently in front of the heater as I type.

by Anonymousreply 4707/10/2013

Three cats: Pudding, Sooty and Felix.

by Anonymousreply 4807/10/2013

Black cat, jemima louise. White cat iman bleu. Siamese, stolichnaya (stoli). Persian, murphy brown. Bichon Frise, baxter beaujalais bouvier beale

by Anonymousreply 4907/10/2013

2 dogs and a cat. Dingus is a chihuahua rat terrier mix. He was in a box on the side of the road with another dead puppy. Breanna is our pomeranian, very sweet girl and the cats name is McKitty, we got her from a shelter in Houston.

by Anonymousreply 5007/10/2013

A dog and a cat - both adopted from the pound.

My dog is Molly - mixed breed - aged 14 and have had her for 9 years now. She is very loving, smart, and all around good dog.

My cat is Moo Boy, called simply Moo Moo. He looks like a cow. He's about 4 now and I have had him for 3 years. He was ferrel but has made incredible gains.

Molly and Moo Moo are virtually inseparable. I have never seen two animals as close as these too are.

I consider myself to be very fortunate to have them as my kids.

by Anonymousreply 5107/10/2013

Dog named Charlotte Miller. We adopted her and felt it was important that she keep her birth name. The cat's name is Louis, he's out natural child.

by Anonymousreply 5207/10/2013

We have two male golden retrievers named Legend & Phantom and also two male domestic cats named Ghost & Spirit.

by Anonymousreply 5307/10/2013

Steve Irwin Dragon & Doric Wilson Dragon (bearded dragons) Mr. Big Leilani & Miss Brownie Guinea Pigs Big Girl, Bernie Potato and Baby Turtles

by Anonymousreply 5407/10/2013

Wasn't there a thread just like this? No one actually reads anyone else's post.

by Anonymousreply 5507/10/2013

[quote]Dingus is a chihuahua rat terrier mix. He was in a box on the side of the road with another dead puppy.

Picture, R50?

by Anonymousreply 5607/10/2013

This is Dingus

by Anonymousreply 5707/11/2013

I just got a rescue greyhound - I called her Alaska Thunderfuck

by Anonymousreply 5807/11/2013

Lani: my five-year-old Husky, Malamute, Akita, and Australian Shepherd mix. As smart as she is beautiful.

[And, the couch was at the beach house we were staying at in May.]

by Anonymousreply 5907/11/2013

R57 - Dingus is really cute. And so is Lani R59.

by Anonymousreply 6007/11/2013

R56, How kind of you to rescue such a truly beautiful dog. Shame on people who are cruel to animals.

by Anonymousreply 6107/11/2013

Everybody revealing their pet's names realize they are giving away password hints, right?

by Anonymousreply 6207/11/2013

Looks like a lot of pussys here own pussys

by Anonymousreply 6307/11/2013

Has this been posted before?

by Anonymousreply 6407/11/2013

Sweet Lulu, a hundred pound chow mix, who freaks out every time we have a storm or a power outage.

Jay, who is 17, almost blind, but the nose still works. The highlight of his day is his walk. Otherwise he sleeps day and night.

Finally we have ZeeZee, who weighs 17 pounds now and is diabetic. He was tiny when we got him as a kitten. We had another cat who died in January, that was the Alpha Cat. ZZ has come into his own now that the old cat is dead.

Basically, we're running an animal hospice.

by Anonymousreply 6507/11/2013

All stray or rescue felines, plus one psycho-feral kitten, found on a runway at SFO.

Once five, now down to three and declining fast. Gadgette and Widgette -- aka The Spinster Sisters, both gray Tabby girlz.

Sad, old Gadge had to be taken to Dr. Katvorkian this year.

Gizmo DUUUDE!, a black shorthair, now deceased. He was Fun N' Feral(tm), the name of our planned global chain of cat accessorie shops we'd planned; Thingie, a fat, silly black and white Gurrl in a Tux; and Cuzin It, a part Persian gray longhair who is eff em minate and gay. His hair covers his eyes, so you never know just what he is thinking, and he doesn't seem to know where or who he is -- nor does he care. Preens delicately all day long, tries to properly groom and style the others. Hates nature/the outdoors.

by Anonymousreply 6607/12/2013

Basset Hound (rescued), Leroy Brown.

by Anonymousreply 6707/12/2013

When I was a child (in the 60s) we had a cat named Kitty Carlisle.

by Anonymousreply 6807/12/2013

My partner is involved in a group of actors who have a rescue and foster network. They sponsor financial support to animals on the "critical" next to be euthanized list and find someone to adopt them or foster them. We now have five cats from one. We were fostering 3 and one was supposed to be adopted but they backed out. Anyway, we have kept them all and they are all so happy together.

Bear is a coffee bean/black long hair 17 lb. Norwegian Forest cat. HUGE baby!

CassaNova is a Bengal Tabby and is a gentle giant. All the others lick his face. What a life he has.

Gina is a Calico who is so sweet and lovable and definitely daddy's little girl.

Chloe is a black and white Tuxedo and was found wandering the streets in Longview TX. She is very independent and lives to play and catch moving things.

And then there is Little Eddie. He is the baby we just got a few months ago. He is about 8 months old and is a baby version of Bear our Norwegian Forest. What a klutz. he falls off everything and is so fun to play with. He runs and plays hard then just drops anywhere and falls asleep. Currently, he is intrigued with watching the toilet flush.

They are our family and they really love each other too. They bring a lot of fun into our lives.

I really enjoy reading this thread. It's heartwarming to hear about everyone's pets.

by Anonymousreply 6907/12/2013

A boa constrictor named Mrs. Patsy Ramsey.

by Anonymousreply 7007/12/2013

2 Bengals- 1 Spotted Brown (Ahsa) and 1 Melanistic (Bosch). Got them both used (at 9 and 4) and Ahsa is the Best Damn Kitty in the Whole Wide World- I taught him dog tricks: sit, turn in circles in both directions, and beg pretty. I also harness/leashed trained them as well. Bengals are DogCats- it'll be hard to get any other type of cat (and I've had moggies all my life).

They did not grow up together, but immediately became gay lovers upon first contact:

by Anonymousreply 7107/13/2013

A white, 3 legged cat named Tre and a tuxedo cat named P-bomb.

by Anonymousreply 7207/13/2013

A male cat named Tigger. He'll be 5 soon. We got him from a local shelter. He's the most loving cat. Loves to curl up next to us on the sofa and fall asleep. Glad we chose him. :)

by Anonymousreply 7307/13/2013

Two goldfish. Karen Walker and Beebee Gallini. Now i want another one so i can name it Sharknado

by Anonymousreply 7407/13/2013

This thread is useless without pictures.

Seriously!

r70, you're a sick fuck. I laughed, so I guess I am, too.

BTW, if you're for real, what kind of boa?

by Anonymousreply 7507/13/2013

A black lab and chow mutt named Lilly (she is about 13 now)

by Anonymousreply 7607/13/2013

Pomeranian named Watson

by Anonymousreply 7707/13/2013

A labradoodle named Anastasia Beaverhousin.

by Anonymousreply 7807/29/2013

I have 3 cats: Blackjack (all black), Pearl (all white with blue eyes), Dolly (tuxedo). I've also been adopted by a stray cat I named Rupert. I took him to my vet for a serious wound and she fixed him for free. Now he patrols my yard chasing off dogs.

by Anonymousreply 7907/30/2013

An orange Tabby named Mango.

A black cat named Whoopi.

A siamese named Cunty.

A grey cat named Cloudy.

Another grey cat named Musty.

A black and white cat named Sandra Bullock.

A male kitten named Mr. Cock.

A female kitten named My Pussy.

A bulldog who gets along with all my cats named Mo.

A pittbull named Pit.

A chichihua named Honey Boo Boo.

A grey poople named Grey's Anthony.

And many more rescues to come!

by Anonymousreply 8007/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.