Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What is your favorite type and/or brand of ice cream or gelato?

Looking for some recommendations.

I like Talenti blood orange gelato.

by Anonymousreply 3409/16/2013

Talenti makes blood orange [italic]sorbetto[/italic]. It is delicious, though. I like their Caramel Cookie Crunch gelato best, though.

by Anonymousreply 107/09/2013

talenit's salted carmel gellato....I could bathe in that

by Anonymousreply 207/09/2013

Homemade, so I can control the ingredients.

Or...

Alden's for organic.

If I don't care about organic and want a bunch of doodads inside, Ben & Jerry's. Haagen Dazs is a premium ice cream, but generally without interesting chunks of stuff (as my mom calls a cheap marketing ploy to make people think the ice cream is better than it really is). But HD is not organic and not very interesting, so I don't bother.

by Anonymousreply 307/09/2013

I don't much like fruity flavors and caramel makes me feel sick.

I like ice creams with a surprise in every bite...so I go with Ben & Jerry's Cow Power.

Until I discovered B&J's I was a Vanilla man and like Haagen Daz Vanilla...but no one's too old to change.

by Anonymousreply 407/09/2013

B&J Coffee Heath is yummy too.

by Anonymousreply 507/09/2013

[quote]chunks of stuff (as my mom calls a cheap marketing ploy to make people think the ice cream is better than it really is)

Did your mom write Cold Stone Creamery's marketing plan?

by Anonymousreply 607/09/2013

I know, R6. Isn't Coldstone the worst ice cream ever?

by Anonymousreply 707/09/2013

Have you seen the added sugar content in that stuff? Pre-diabetes sets in 15 minutes after its ingestion.

by Anonymousreply 807/09/2013

I rarely get it because of the calories; but when I do I like it from independent ice cream or gelato stores that make it right on the premises (we have a bunch of them here in my city).

by Anonymousreply 907/09/2013

I try a lot of differnt ice cream flavors, and I like them. But I alwsys come back to my all-time favorite: vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 1007/09/2013

Day-Ree Queen Soft-Serve

by Anonymousreply 1107/09/2013

Fresh & Easy's store brand pistachio gelato is pretty yummy. I like the raspberry sorbet they have at Trader Joe's, too.

by Anonymousreply 1207/09/2013

R9, you can avoid calories-that-make-you-fat if you make your own. Use full-fat coconut milk from the can (you know about all the research on lipids and why coconut is so good for you, right? Raises metabolism, let alone all the other benefits).

So, coconut milk, mint extract, and either stevia or honey or mix both. Delicious ice cream as often as you like, no harmful effects.

by Anonymousreply 1307/09/2013

[quote]So, coconut milk, mint extract, and either stevia or honey or mix both.

That's repulsive.

I'd much rather have the real thing every once in a great while than eat that nasty shit every day.

by Anonymousreply 1407/09/2013

Honest, R14, I wanted ice cream that tasted like ice cream, not anything repulsive. I experimented with some things. The mint extract is key because it tastes just like mint ice cream - it doesn't taste like coconut. You can also put in chocolate shavings or chips to taste just like mint chip ice cream, but I'm too lazy for that (and want to avoid the sugar that is in the chips).

You could also make this with heavy cream, but then you lose the health benefit, all while tasting exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 1507/09/2013

I enjoy ice cream and frozen yogurt all the time but I'm not fat. All it takes is the intelligence to eat a single medium scoop of ice cream instead of a huge bowl of ice cream like the obese Americans.

I like Publix own brand - Roadrunner Raspberry, Tiramisu, or Mocha Chip.

by Anonymousreply 1607/09/2013

One scoop Avocado, one scoop Dark Chocolate....to die for.

by Anonymousreply 1707/09/2013

Anyone taste the new Haagen Dasz gelatos yet?

by Anonymousreply 1807/09/2013

That's not ice cream, R13. It's frozen somethingthatcomesoutofahorsesass.

by Anonymousreply 1907/09/2013

R1, I also really like Talenti's Caramel Cookie Crunch.

by Anonymousreply 2007/09/2013

Talenti is outrageously good. All of them.

by Anonymousreply 2107/09/2013

Haagen Daz's Zesty Lemon sorbet. Very refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 2207/09/2013

I'm with you, OP. That shit is delicious!

by Anonymousreply 2307/10/2013

Yes, but gelato is just italian for ice cream...

by Anonymousreply 2407/10/2013

Yes! That Talenti's Caramel Cookie Crunch must be loaded with crack.......

by Anonymousreply 2507/10/2013

Also! Ben & Jerry's Fudge Brownie Flavor aka "Heaven".

by Anonymousreply 2607/10/2013

My favorite flavors are ube, green tea, and coconut.

by Anonymousreply 2707/10/2013

Baskin/Robbins Pralines 'n Cream. Fortunately, there's not a store close enough for me to go there often, or I'd be there a lot. My partner used to love their Winter White Chocolate, which disappeared far too soon. What IS it with that company? How do they stay in business? They teamed up at one point with Dunkin' Donuts, then that fell apart.How come they never got into the supermarkets?

by Anonymousreply 2807/10/2013

I love sladoled.

by Anonymousreply 2907/11/2013

Tillamook....especially the Marionberry Pie variety.

The Wild Mountain Blackberry,Udderly Chocolate and Oregon Strawberry are not far behind.

by Anonymousreply 3007/11/2013

Talenti black cherry! It's less fattening than haagen daz too!

by Anonymousreply 3107/11/2013

Haagen Dasz has an awesome "Amaretto & Black Cherry" gelato.

by Anonymousreply 3209/16/2013

The good thing about Talenti salted caramel gelato is that it's so rich I can only eat a couple of spoonfuls before enough is enough!

by Anonymousreply 3309/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.