Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Randy Travis: any stories

It's commonly accepted here at DL that he's gay. Do we have any gossip about it? Any first hand accounts?

It seems he took a deep dive after his "wife" divorced him in 2010. He's never been seen or heard about with anyone else.

C'mon people, dish.

by Anonymousreply 4207/21/2013

He's in the hospital now with an infection in his heart.

by Anonymousreply 107/09/2013

Did you miss the gossip his wife generated during their divorce. She stated objections to the money he spent on rentboys.

by Anonymousreply 207/09/2013

Obviously, I did miss that r2.

These must be high-end rent boys. I've never heard anything about it from inside the gay community. Surely someone here has the details?

by Anonymousreply 307/09/2013

Didn't one of his recent drunken incidents involve a woman that the press called his date or his girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 407/09/2013

Um, no, r4.

by Anonymousreply 507/09/2013

His most recent drunken incidents involved him being alone and naked. No females around. He went shopping naked. He crashed his vehicle naked.

by Anonymousreply 607/09/2013

[quote]The Grammy-winning country singer, 54, born Randy Traywick, is "suffering from complications of recently acquired viral cardiomyopathy," a rep has said. Viral cardiomyopathy is a weakening of the heart muscles due to infection.

According to the article linked here, he had heart surgery on Monday. Seems his brother had a heart attack last year and his mother died young from heart problems.

While Randy's drinking would likely not be the cause of a viral form of cardiomyopathy, it probably doesn't help him to fight this.

by Anonymousreply 707/09/2013

r2 is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 807/09/2013

Ok the only thing sadder than a closeted gay man who might wastes his money on rent boys and drink himself to death is a closeted gay man who lives a celibate and alone life and then drink himself to death.

Please tell me this man was getting some somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 907/09/2013

Back when his wife was leaking info, TMZ reported:

[italic]The singer has filed a lawsuit against Elizabeth Travis -- his ex-wife and manager of 30 years -- claiming she breached her contract by running around town blabbing personal details about him in order to torpedo his career. Randy wasn't specific about the "personal details," but it sounds pretty bad.[/italic]

Ignore R8 who has her head so far up her ass that she can't see through her shit.

by Anonymousreply 1007/09/2013

But no specific mention of rent boys.

by Anonymousreply 1107/09/2013

I rest my case, your honor. R2/10 has just admitted he is full of shit and can't find any link to back up his bullshit claim about "rent boys".

by Anonymousreply 1207/09/2013

Yes, I remember that R4.

by Anonymousreply 1307/09/2013

I widely accept that this man wears a rug.

by Anonymousreply 1407/09/2013

Mind you, I still say he's gay.

However, when he was found drunk and sleeping in his car in a church parking lot, I think he told the police officer he just had a big fight with his gf.

by Anonymousreply 1507/09/2013

I've heard he likes to see how many billiard balls he can fit in his ass and has had to go to the ER twice to have a couple of them removed.

by Anonymousreply 1607/09/2013

Let's accept the premise that he's gay and not celibate.

He either has a stake in one of the most discrete rent boy services in the industry. Or he's only been involved with some of the most discrete men in the industry.

Either way- it seems there would have to be a huge interest in keeping his private life secret. Because, aside from his bitter ex-wife- there have been NO stories about him.

Again, I do believe he's gay but I want to know more about the industry and society that keeps these kinds of secrets on this level. He's been around for YEARS and apparently he's a sloppy, angry stone drunk. Yet there's nothing?

by Anonymousreply 1707/09/2013

"He's been around for YEARS and apparently he's a sloppy, angry stone drunk. Yet there's nothing?"

This is why I have doubts. There don't even seem to be any blind items about him.

by Anonymousreply 1807/09/2013

r17, please learn the difference between "discrete" and "discreet."

by Anonymousreply 1907/09/2013

All I know is he was very bitchy to Adam Lambert when he was mentoring on American Idol and it came off as homophobic. Acted like nail polish on a guy was the weirdest fucking thing he'd ever seen. Kept saying stuff like "I don't know about that. I've never seen anything like that." Like it was a big fucking deal. Like after being in show business for so many years he'd never encountered anything SO strange. And then, after Lambert sang, he and his hatchet-faced wife refused to applaud. He just sat there shaking his head like Lambert was unspeakable. Couldn't even be polite. I've loathed him ever since.

by Anonymousreply 2007/09/2013

Eww r20. That is not cool. Even country twerps know how to be polite.

by Anonymousreply 2107/09/2013

On the other hand, isn't it interesting that the producers paired Travis with Lambert?

It provided an nice opportunity to distance Travis from 'that kind' of person.

by Anonymousreply 2207/09/2013

If you look back on the film of the Lambert performance, you will notice @ 3:39 the wife with a bitch face looking down but Randy is smiling from ear to ear.

That's when I knew for sure Randy was really a big old queen.

by Anonymousreply 2307/09/2013

She looks like she knew exactly what her husband was thinking, and it didn't involve her AGAIN!

by Anonymousreply 2407/09/2013

I ate my grandma and chewed the bedsores off my grandpas ass.

by Anonymousreply 2507/09/2013

Randy used to date Stephanie Shippae, an African-American drag queen in the Tampa, Florida area. At the time, Stephanie was the star at Tracks, Ybor City's largest gay club. She was (and still is) awesome. He even bought her a pick-up truck which bore the personalized license plate TRAVIS.

I'm pretty sure they're still in contact from time to time. Randy's deep closet is what caused him to drink so much. It also killed their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 2607/09/2013

[quote]Randy used to date Stephanie Shippae, an African-American drag queen in the Tampa, Florida area. At the time, Stephanie was the star at Tracks, Ybor City's largest gay club. She was (and still is) awesome. He even bought her a pick-up truck which bore the personalized license plate TRAVIS.

WOW! That is some specific juicy juice!

Can you tell us some more?

by Anonymousreply 2707/09/2013

Thanks for spilling the tea, R26. Juicy, indeed!

by Anonymousreply 2807/09/2013

He looks much older than 54.

by Anonymousreply 2907/09/2013

[quote]He even bought her a pick-up truck which bore the personalized license plate TRAVIS.

How romantic!

(I'm serious).

by Anonymousreply 3007/09/2013

Randy and i have the same taste in girls. I offered to lend him my van so he could have some privacy with his lady friends, but he didn't listen.

by Anonymousreply 3107/09/2013

[quote]Randy said he didn't see men wearing nail polish that often. Well maybe he fucking hasn't. So what?

I doubt that he ever saw Stephanie Shippae without nail polish.

by Anonymousreply 3307/09/2013

True, he may have seen (M)ann Coulter with nail polish on. He's a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 3407/09/2013

r32, I don't think randy was rude in that clip but that bit about nail polish was nothing but contrived 'small-town boy gets weirded out by the big city queer' Country Western tripe. No doubt the producers told him to mention the nail polish, to ring a bell with the conservative fans.

Like the previous poster said, he's in show business. He's seen all kinds, whether he is one or not.

by Anonymousreply 3507/09/2013

[quote]He even bought her a pick-up truck

Strange gift for a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 3607/10/2013

Had Stephanie transitioned when they were together? She's lived full-time as a woman for years.

by Anonymousreply 3707/10/2013

Sadly, he's not doing too well ...

[quote]NASHVILLE — Randy Travis' publicist says the country music singer has suffered a stroke in a Texas hospital. Publicist Kirt Webster said Wednesday night that Travis, 54, suffered the stroke while he was being treated for congestive heart failure. Webster said Travis was undergoing surgery Wednesday night to relieve pressure on his brain. He has been in critical condition.

Rest of story at link.

by Anonymousreply 3807/10/2013

I really hope he can pull through this. It looks very bad now though.

by Anonymousreply 3907/10/2013

How did we miss this? Yesterday in The Hollywood Reporter:

"Randy Travis' Brother Arrested for Home Meth Lab"

by Anonymousreply 4007/21/2013

Jeez, poor Randy is surrounded by trouble and pain. When it rains it pours. I hope Randy gets it together now and accepts who he is. Live life and have some happiness.

by Anonymousreply 4107/21/2013

Wow. Bitch at R37 has some Lil' Kim nose action going on.

by Anonymousreply 4207/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.