Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who is funkier: Robin Thicke or Justin Timberlake?

I think Robin Thicke, somehow it sounds more natural.

by Anonymousreply 62July 10, 2013 2:25 AM

Robin Thicke has gay face.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2013 10:03 PM

Who is this Robin Thicke of whom you write?

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2013 12:52 AM

Mr. Thicke. No questions. He has swag that Timberlake can only dream about.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2013 12:54 AM

@R3, hmmmm the kids don't use swag anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2013 1:00 AM

Robin has a much more inviting anus

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2013 1:01 AM

Is OP is talking about body odor.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2013 1:04 AM

Robin Thicke is funkier. He can actually do his own arrangements and that is something Justin literally does not have the skills set to do at all.

This might sound odd but Robin Thicker reminds me of a male version of the late Teena Marie in that his r&b work is from the heart and not a put on like Justin's.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2013 1:04 AM

Privileged kids can't have genuine funk (unless they're rebelling, which clearly neither of these pampered white boys are).

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2013 1:06 AM

[quote]This might sound odd but Robin Thicker reminds me of a male version of the late Teena Marie in that his r&b work is from the heart and not a put on like Justin's.

THIS. What many people don't know is that Robin worked behind the scenes before he became an artist in his own right, writing songs for everyone from The New Kids on the Block to Brandy. The man's got soul. It's not just an act to sell records. He's the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2013 1:09 AM

What are their dicks like, respectively?

Compare and contrast descriptively in terms of length, girth and circ status.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2013 1:18 AM

(R9) you make a great point. Another thing most people don't know is that Robin Thicke was actually raised around alot of black folks. His father, Alan Thicke (of "in the Thick of the Night" show) has always lived around blacks and so Robin was raised around them all his life. He has his daddy to thank..and all the fine black folks he was raised up around for all that soul. That's why it sounds so natural on him.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2013 1:21 AM

Both try WAY too hard and it is an act. That said, Thicke has a much better voice and is a better singer/musician than TimberFake could ever be.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2013 2:25 AM

Robin is funkier. When Justin comes across as funky it's only because of a track that was given to him by a producer.

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2013 2:36 AM

Robin Thicke copied Justin Timberlake's style. Robin even stoled Timberlake's idea (Tunnel Vision) to use topless women in Blurred Lines.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2013 2:39 AM

R14 He stoled it! Oh nos!

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2013 2:41 AM

Two insufferable Caucasians co-opting black culture like sad buffoons.

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2013 2:41 AM

[quote]Robin Thicke copied Justin Timberlake's style. Robin even stoled Timberlake's idea (Tunnel Vision) to use topless women in Blurred Lines

Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. Justin Timberfake copied Robin Thicke's suave, suited and coifed hair look down to the letter. Last we saw Justin promoting an album, he was scruffy and bearded. Now all of a sudden he wants to be all suit and tie, hair all straight and slick and shit. Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2013 2:45 AM

r14 r17

Ladies, save it for the Source awards.

"Stoled?"

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2013 2:50 AM

God, I miss Teena Marie. One of my all-time favorite artists who should have been a HUGE star. Her death was a total shock.

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2013 2:51 AM

Agreed, R19. That was one soulful white chick. I think she was black in another life.

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2013 2:54 AM

Until I hear about one of them giving Belgian chocolates, I'm going to vote neither.

It seems to be a funk thing.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2013 2:58 AM

r16, that's the only thing the entertainment industry will allow now.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2013 3:00 AM

It was Britney Spears who put NSync on the map and JT in the spotlight. when it served Timberfake, he wore curly afro, cornrows, baggy urban gear, etc. and after he was accepted by the black audience, he even went out there and put on a show with Janet Jackson, and when that went awry, he ran off and left her "hangin" in the wind to fend for herself against the FCC. Fast forward and he's back with straightened hair, suit and tie, and putting videos out there with bare breasted models. That's all good and all but now that age has caught up with him, he just looks like Steven Colbert sans spectacles. Justin was and is a boy band show puppet that

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2013 3:34 AM

[quote]Robin Thicke copied Justin Timberlake's style.

Robin Thicke has been "Robin Thicke" since the late 90s, which is when he started releasing music. His look and style pre-dates Timberlake's post-Nync makeover by YEARS. It was Timberlake who copied Thicke.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2013 3:43 AM

the only thing Robin Thicke did wrong was to come out with that nasty straggly hair when he first came out. His voice was beautiful but noone could get past that bad hairstyle. He fell out of sight for a long while and then he came back with a new look and brought his hot wife with him. Robin just didn't have the right look at the beginning, but now he does and it really suits him well. Justin T looks like Stephen Colbairt. No joke.

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2013 3:51 AM

They're both hollow husks, pretenders who siphon off black culture and get deluded white people into risible debates about who "stole" from the other. Suddenly, this is a "Jet" magazine forum.

Vomit.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2013 3:56 AM

(R26) you are correct in saying that they have siphoned off black culture. At the end of the day, the black man has been replaced by these wannabes who wanna be black, but then again, don't wanna be black.

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2013 4:02 AM

It's so hard to choose one, now that I know I have to love one and hate the other.

Curse you, DL.

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2013 4:04 AM

yes it's obvious they're both trying too hard to "act black" whatever that means. Middle America loves this kind of stuff, but if a black recording act sang the songs of Thicke or TimberFake, he probably wouldn't be nearly as popular. There are a lot of talented singers out there who can really blow but that's not what is popular these days. I will say Thicke is a decent singer. Timberfake on the other hand is quite weak, and just mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2013 4:05 AM

Robin Thicke at the 2013 BET awards performing his latest hit. I recall on the unrated version of the actual video of this song, there is a huge sign that says "Robin Thicke has a Big Dick".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2013 4:09 AM

Teena Marie was more talented than both of those jokers.

by Anonymousreply 31July 9, 2013 4:09 AM

Agreed totally R31.

by Anonymousreply 32July 9, 2013 4:11 AM

Robin Thicke's mother is the FABulous ex-Days of Our Lives actress and singer Gloria Loring who would often sing on the show. So, by familial connections alone, Robin wins over Justin.

by Anonymousreply 33July 9, 2013 4:11 AM

Robin's ballsack is funkier. Slightly sour. Like stale buttermilk.

JT? Now, his ballsack smells like a mixture of ax body spray and two hours of Jazzercise!

by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2013 4:14 AM

timberlake, lumberjack, butcher holler, boggy crick. who's foolin who?

by Anonymousreply 35July 9, 2013 4:19 AM

In my opinion, Teena Marie was the most underrated musical talent of the past 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2013 4:40 AM

No question that Thicke is more genuine.

Thicke's song Blurred Lines reminds me of mid-80s Prince, without being a complete steal.

Timberfake has no particular style at all. Nice hooks that any autotuned guy could have done. Nick Jonas, or Joe for that matter, could have pulled the same song off, were they still popular.

by Anonymousreply 37July 9, 2013 4:52 AM

Robin Thicke seems like a sexual predator to me. I dislike them both.

by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2013 4:57 AM

Robin Thicke is the only white guy that has black women in lust with him. He's the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 39July 9, 2013 5:00 AM

r39

Like that's a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 40July 9, 2013 5:18 AM

[quote]Robin Thicke's mother is the FABulous ex-Days of Our Lives actress and singer Gloria Loring who would often sing on the show.

And writer of "The Facts of Life" theme!

Now THAT'S musical lineage!

by Anonymousreply 41July 9, 2013 5:25 AM

Teena Marie had a nice voice but she was VERY guilty of both trying too hard to "be black" and she oversinging. What bothers me is that so many of white recording acts who sing r&b think they have to talk, dress and behave a certain way. They can be the way they were growing up, just singing r&b.

by Anonymousreply 42July 9, 2013 5:41 AM

I never felt like Teena Marie was phony or was trying too hard to sound/act black. Her godmother was a black woman and she spent a good part of her life around black folks, grew up in the 1970's in a mostly black neighborhood and her best friend was black (someone named "Mickey" that she mentions in a few of her songs). I think it was something real for her because she was raised in that environment and felt close to the people/culture. I think she was just being who she was. Smokey Robinson said she was the "blackest" white woman he ever knew. She always seemed genuine to me. I also recently found out that she was a good friend/mentor to Lenny Kravitz and he lived with her for a while (just friends).

by Anonymousreply 43July 9, 2013 7:01 AM

"Funkier"? What precisely do you mean by that, OP?

by Anonymousreply 44July 9, 2013 8:20 AM

I have a sexual interest in Timberlake. Thicke, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 45July 9, 2013 10:31 AM

Fire and desire.....period

by Anonymousreply 46July 9, 2013 10:40 AM

So much revisionist, separatist, racial bullshit in this thread. Go find a disconnected island on which to practice your essentialism.

by Anonymousreply 47July 9, 2013 10:42 AM

I hate Robin Thicke's video. I do not think he is nearly as sexy as he thinks he is. I look at the face and the only thing I can think of is Growing Pains. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 48July 9, 2013 10:47 AM

mmm Thicke

by Anonymousreply 49July 9, 2013 10:50 AM

Timberlake is infinitely more successful. Also I would love to fuck him & make him call me daddy. Does that answer the question?

by Anonymousreply 50July 9, 2013 1:02 PM

A 15yo told me that Robin Thicke looks "old" in his latest video. That was her overwhelming impression--she'd never heard of him before. She likes the song, though. I just thought it was funny because Robin gives me such a douche vibe and I would love for him to know that teenagers think he looks over-the-hill. ;)

by Anonymousreply 51July 9, 2013 1:09 PM

Marvin Gaye, Otis, Luther and Michael jackson are turning in their graves. Sad that blacks have allowed poseurs to water down their music and culture.

by Anonymousreply 52July 9, 2013 1:19 PM

Robin Thicke! To me his music has always struck me with a good first impression right of the bat. Justin on the other hand, his music has to grow on me after a couple of listens.

by Anonymousreply 53July 9, 2013 1:43 PM

All this narrow definition of "black culture," and from a "liberal" website. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 54July 9, 2013 1:52 PM

We still haven't discussed what Robin Thicke's penis is like...

by Anonymousreply 55July 9, 2013 1:54 PM

R34 made me laugh! I can actually smell the stale buttermilk!

And Stephen Colbert is much better looking than Timberfake...

by Anonymousreply 56July 9, 2013 2:31 PM

Some of you need help.

by Anonymousreply 57July 9, 2013 2:36 PM

I'll go with the one with the thick dick.

by Anonymousreply 58July 9, 2013 2:39 PM

Justin has better songs, Robin can be boring.

by Anonymousreply 59July 9, 2013 4:56 PM

R43 Teena often gets a pass because she was a great singer. If she was some random white girl who couldn't sing, people would either make fun of her or even kick her ass for talking, dressing and behaving as she did. I don't like that double standard. I saw her Unsung episode and if you listen to her parents, they sound like regular white people. Plenty of white people grow up with a lot of black friends but don't have to change the way they sound/act/dress etc. Her voice was made for r&b but her persona to me was forced, even if other black people don't agree.

by Anonymousreply 60July 9, 2013 5:06 PM

Robin Thicke would NEVER be caught on camera crying for his mommy to come rescue him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 10, 2013 2:24 AM

The great Teena Marie track "Ask Your Momma" is about the struggles of an interracial couple. In the liner notes of her "Robbery" album, it says this song is dedicated to Eddie Murphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 10, 2013 2:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!