Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN's Ashleigh Banfield continues to embarrass both CNN and herself

Seriously, this poor woman is a fucking moron, the very textbook definition of buffoon.

She's been booted from two previous networks, CNN finally got her off the air at the main network after she proved to be an embarrassment on their early program.. Now, even with her being at their trashy sister network, she's STILL a complete idiot.

(Link is to HuffPo)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2018 1:49 AM

Aren't all the US (and Canadian) "news" shows/hosts like this?

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2013 6:09 PM

Does she still wear those ugly frames?

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2013 6:43 PM

Is it actually possible to embarrass CNN at this point?

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2013 6:50 PM

R1, watch her for a few and you'll see.

The weird thing is, I want to like the woman. But after watching her for 5 minutes you realize just what an idiot she is. And she keeps getting bounced around as if networks and their bigwigs are just afraid of hurting her feelings.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2013 6:52 PM

OP, she was originally fired for speaking out against the Iraq war. Stop embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2013 6:53 PM

She looks smart.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2013 6:56 PM

It's a wonder she wasn't snapping gum, playing with her hair and saying "Oh yeah, and like, there's some stuff going on in like some foreign place in like Antarctica or Arabia or something."

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2013 6:57 PM

R5, means nothing now.

The fact she would treat a major world event like an afterthought is why I no longer watch any of this shit. I can't believe they're all covering this trial and that people are watching it.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2013 6:59 PM

Sorry R5, old news and whatever goodwill that would have earned her, and I hope it earned her a lot, it's been wiped out by now.

And she's been in trouble for taking too many liberties with her personal opinions, most of which I think I'd agree with.

Ever watch her on the CNN early show with Zorida Sambolin? Banfield embarrassed the poor woman on a daily basis. You could literally see Sambolin blushing and looking as though she wanted to crawl under the desk. That's why they brought in that John Berman guy from ABC.

I think Banfield's likable, possible. But her lack of professionalism is a perfect match for Nancy Grace which means both of them need to be shipped off to Bravo or E! News.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2013 7:06 PM

[quote]And she's been in trouble for taking too many liberties with her personal opinions,

Like what?

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2013 7:10 PM

She is Canadian and ALL Canadians are PROUD of Ashleigh Banfield.

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2013 7:15 PM

No, they don't know who she is, R11.

Kardashians

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2013 7:17 PM

R12 All Canadians know who Ashleigh Banfield.

We as Canadians are PROUD local girl makes it in the states.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2013 7:21 PM

Jeffrey Toobin looks miserable at CNN now. He has to contend with that blowhard, loudmouth idiot Mark Geragos and that annoying Danny Cevallos when covering the Zimmerman trial and you can tell he wants to kill them both.

Banfield's giddy behavior in that clip is totally inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2013 7:22 PM

Jeffrey Toobin mother is Marlene Sanders the first female anchorwoman at ABC.

A facts glossed over by those who says Babs Walters was the first.

Marlene anchored the weekend news though at ABC.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2013 7:24 PM

But since she's white, she'll always have a job somehow.

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2013 7:29 PM

I agree that she's a complete idiot but here's why think they keep her: she commentary about the Zimmerman trial is idiotic, but she acts so dramatic you would think it's some kind of prize fight. We think it's stupid, but I guess if you watch it ALL DAY (like people do on Fox), you need someone to make it sound dramatic. But otherwise, I think she's a fool

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2013 7:30 PM

R13? TAKE OFF, EH. Ya hoser.

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2013 7:36 PM

What did she do now?

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2013 9:46 PM

I just want to punch her in the face...

along with drama queen Nancy Grace and Jean Lesbian Mitchell.

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2013 3:07 AM

I think she is a talented person, quick to think and speak on her feet and well educated. I enjoy watching her on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2013 3:14 AM

You're an idiot, OP. How can you blame Ashleigh for CNN's glitch?

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2013 3:19 AM

I agree r21. I don't watch CNN, but I remember her from MSNBC and her coverage of 9/11. She is a serious news anchor who just hasn't gotten a decent gig since she was let go. CNN doesn't give a crap about serious journalism these days. Courtroom dramas are their meat and potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2013 3:24 AM

Jeffrey Toobin is a moron.

I wouldn't pay 2 cents for his legal analysis.

Same goes with that black idiot, former prosecutor Sunny whatever. Now she's a fucking JOKE.

I still remember what happened to CNN's former top legal analyst, Roger Cosack(sp?). He's the one who was so completely wrong(for 2 fucking hrs) on the Bush/Gore supreme court decision.

"Oh, no no. I don't think this is necessarily bad news for Gore." Switch over to MSNBC and Dan Abrams and Jim Angle, shivering on the court house steps, and getting a quick look at the decision.... IT's OVER! Switch to Fox, IT's OVER!

Back to CNN and Roger Cosack... Uh, If I was Gore I wouldn't be to particularly worried.

I remember turning to my partner(at about 4 am) and saying.... this guy is so fired. I don't know if CNN will wait 2 or 3 wks or what, but he is SO FIRED.

For 2 HR, he was completely wrong on one of the most important supreme court decisions to be handed down in quite some time. AND HE WAS FIRED. I think I read it in the paper about a month later.

He now does legal analysis for ESPN. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2013 3:45 AM

[quote] Is it actually possible to embarrass CNN at this point?

No. I have to honestly wonder if they are purposely trying to end their network (like a business owner burning his store down for the insurance money). Does CNN have failure insurance?

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2013 4:46 AM

Jeff Toobin may have screwed up on the ACA SCOTUS decision, but he is in no way a "moron", anyone who thinks that doesn't need to be taken seriously at all. When everyone else on CNN is talking sensationalistic bullshit, Toobin is usually the only sane voice around who brings the facts and reason.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2013 7:04 AM

LOL R26

Toobin is an utter fool. All he does is tow the CNN line. Fuck, I know what he will say before he even opens his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2013 5:02 PM

Ashleigh is just another ditz among many commentators trying to do news.

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2013 5:09 PM

Wrong R27, he is the one who usually goes against what everyone on CNN says, I don't know who you're watching, but you sure have this wrong. He is generally the first person to say when all the others are going off the rail.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2013 6:52 PM

What is the CNN iine R27?

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2013 9:56 PM

This bitch is getting hammered on Twitter today because she's been #1 Wearing major ski goggles in her reporting from "Central Park" (she's actually just outside Columbus Circle at the park's gate) and #2 for going on and on and fucking ON about de Blasio daring to have classes today for public schools.

Do her fucking kids go to NYC public schools or something? This woman irritated me since CNN hired her. She's been booted from two shows already and canned from two previous networks because she's such a complete moron.

Why's Zucker still holding on to her??!

by Anonymousreply 31February 13, 2014 4:27 PM

NO -- all Canadians are not proud of Banfield. She doesn't report the news, she shouts it and her personal comments - don't get me started...............

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2014 7:20 PM

She's not even related to anyone rich, powerful or famous, so how did she get hired to report news?

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2014 7:23 PM

Good question R33

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2014 9:42 PM

She's obviously sucking the chrome off of someone's bumper, R33/R34.

R27:

[quote]All he does is tow the CNN line.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2014 10:05 PM

She continues to suck.

by Anonymousreply 36August 1, 2014 8:33 PM

She publicly spoke out against the Iraq War in 2003? She must be an enemy of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 37August 1, 2014 8:36 PM

R37 - If she did, that's great, but she still sucks anchoring the show.

by Anonymousreply 38August 1, 2014 8:52 PM

Brianna Keilar should take over her show.

by Anonymousreply 39August 2, 2014 2:06 AM

Banfield's not nearly as dumb as Sunny Hostin.

That stupid bitch is never right about anything.

by Anonymousreply 40August 2, 2014 2:37 AM

R40 - Not a high bar.

by Anonymousreply 41August 2, 2014 3:21 AM

When Hostin talks about a legal case, it's ALWAYS colored by the outcome she so obviously wants.

She NEVER objectively looks at the law. NEVER.

I want the case to come out this way.... so this is how I will discuss it.

She's worthless.

by Anonymousreply 42August 2, 2014 3:37 AM

How can anyone embarrass CNN, it's pretty embarrassment already.

by Anonymousreply 43August 2, 2014 3:39 AM

R42 - She's far from the only one.

by Anonymousreply 44August 4, 2014 6:13 AM

Is Hamás a banned word?

by Anonymousreply 45August 4, 2014 6:14 AM

Nope, Big Brother isn't rejecting Hamás yet. Just a test

by Anonymousreply 46August 4, 2014 6:15 AM

opinion 66 year old white female (me), terminal with cancer. Have thought for a long time that Ashleigh Banfield is overly aggressive and reports all of her stories and interviews with her own opinion; she really does not care what the guest is saying. If she doesn't like it she will twist their words to her own opinion and then say later that they agreed with her. How can CNN continue to have her on? A legal view is supposed to by about the law and not biased. She is now saying on her daily show 8/19/2014 she is comparing eyewitness reports of the same incident; i.e., in the case of Michael Brown she is comparing the real eyewitnesses with "Josey" an anonymous caller to a radio show 9 days after the incident. This Josey person, when asked where she was getting her information, stated she was a friend of the officer's significant other and heard it from her. NOW I'm not an attorney, am university educated, have an IQ of 185 and can tell a plant when I hear one. This Josey person's comment should not be given credence and so much press for the following reason. It will never see the light of day in a trial, as "IT IS HEARSAY"! You need to get this idiot off CNN or any CNN affiliate.

by Anonymousreply 47August 19, 2014 5:04 PM

What's the deal with her?

by Anonymousreply 48September 27, 2014 11:34 PM

Carol Costello must be her twin, she is just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 49September 27, 2014 11:45 PM

R49 - Carol might even be worse. Her voice is grating.

by Anonymousreply 50September 27, 2014 11:49 PM

How is she off the air? She's on CNN every day.

by Anonymousreply 51September 27, 2014 11:50 PM

*AHEM*

I've been available for 12 years now, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 52September 27, 2014 11:52 PM

R51 - Who said she was off the air?

by Anonymousreply 53September 27, 2014 11:53 PM

I love her watching her fir years from mns to cnn. Think she is great.

by Anonymousreply 54December 22, 2014 3:16 PM

Canadians are pretty dumb.

by Anonymousreply 55December 22, 2014 3:30 PM

////

by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2018 1:20 AM

R56 - why??

by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2018 1:23 AM

Has she heard of Lasik* surgery? Contact lenses? The "eyeglass hottie" thing is over for her. Now she looks like a frau trying to fill-out a deposit slip at the bank.

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2018 1:47 AM

Did Tina Fey start the trend of female journalists wearing frames?

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2018 1:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!