Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So is Sandy B's The Heat a hit?

tell me the box office scoop!!!

by Anonymousreply 1007/31/2013

It's a moderate hit - not a blockbuster by any means though. In it's opening weekend, it came in at #2, kept out of the top spot by Monsters University, which kept the #1 spot for the second week in a row.

by Anonymousreply 107/05/2013

It made back its production budget and will eventually go over 100 million domestic, and it hasn't opened abroad.

This summer has felt more tightly packed than usual - the huge blockbusters aren't being given time to have a strong second week without something else charging in. Which is why I think Pacific Rim will likely flop- audience fatigue.

I hope Elysium does well though. It looks fascinating and I loved District 9.

by Anonymousreply 207/05/2013

It think it would qualify as a blockbuster. It could be reach 90M after this weekend and could gross 200M domestically.

by Anonymousreply 307/05/2013

Blockbuster IMO is a movie that is not just financially successful, but a movie people will be talking about for years to come. Nobody will remember this movie in a year.

by Anonymousreply 407/05/2013

Pacific Rim has to be the worse title of any movie.

by Anonymousreply 507/05/2013

I have heard it is very funny.

by Anonymousreply 607/05/2013

It is McCarthy's movie... Sandy tries, but as usual, Fails.

by Anonymousreply 707/05/2013

Whatevs, I love me some Sandra Bullock. She makes me laugh. I don't care if it makes me uncool with all of the hipper Gays on here. I still like her.

by Anonymousreply 807/05/2013

Yes. "THE HEAT" has made almost $150 million in the USA and will finish with a gross of around $160 million. It's an R-rated comedy with two women leads, and its production budget was only $43 million.

by Anonymousreply 907/31/2013

Wow, a movie headlined by two women! What a novelty!

by Anonymousreply 1007/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!