Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Explain the Jennifer Aniston hate

I've read through some threads about her, and while there is vitriol in spades, there isn't much rationale for the hatred. She's not a loudmouth, arrogant idiot like Goopy. She isn't a spectacular fuck-up getting free passes like LiLo. She's not a high-riding diva bitch like Jennfer "there'd better be lillies in my toilet" Lopez. And she's not an empty-eyed, anorexic savior figure like A Jolie, rescuing children of different colors from poverty (but only the cute ones). She's a stoner who does comedies, and she's pretty funny.

Why the hate? What has she said or done to provoke DL's collective ire? I like her.

by Anonymousreply 13408/02/2014

They've turned her into a professional victim.

Let. It. Go.

Your husband left you for a prettier girl, who actually likes children.

by Anonymousreply 207/04/2013

For me, it's not hate, it's just bewilderment. Bewilderment in the fact that she became and remained the most popular "Friend". I mean, she wasn't the prettiest (Courtney Cox has that distinction), and she didn't come onto the show with the most credits (CC again). Sure, her hair was a big deal for a time, and she married Brad Pitt, but why was she and why is she considered such a big deal? None of her films are box office successes and yet she remains firmly entrenched on the Hollywood A List. Again, not hating on her, but just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 307/04/2013

Yes. She was funny in Horrible Bosses and really funny in Wanderlust.

by Anonymousreply 407/04/2013

Also, Friends with Money.

by Anonymousreply 607/04/2013

Calm down, Jen. I'm sure you still have a public somewhere, even after that wretched Gerard Butler "comedy."

by Anonymousreply 707/04/2013

Did she portray herself as a victim, or was she just depicted that way in tabloids? I never remember hearing her complaining or bitching to the media or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 807/04/2013

I agree with everything the posters here have written with the exception that she is funny or her movies are funny. I love to laugh and would like nothing better than to go into a cool and dark movie theater for two hours and watch a good comedy. The last movie that I found funny and clever was Superbad. And she wasn't in it.

by Anonymousreply 907/04/2013

If it was only the tabloids calling her the "poor girl" who was dumped by Pitt, she sure as hell didn't say or do anything to assuage them of that notion.

She just let them talk and talk about poor her.

by Anonymousreply 1007/04/2013

RE 2 has it right. You have a blessed life. All the money you could want. Start doing better quality work, and challenge yourself. Angelina has done rolls like George Wallace's wife, Gia, Danny Pearl's wife, and films like " The Good Shepherd", "A Mighty Heart", & "Changeling". Maybe not the best films, but interesting, and out of the box. Jen just seems to have a big fear of anything even slightly different. Last ad I saw for a film of hers, showed her pole dancing, in her underwear. Oooh. How daring. We got it. You've got a great body. We know. Now try something that will make us all have a little more respect for you, and as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 1107/04/2013

I like her movies. I find them oddly comforting, and since they all seem to have roughly the same plot, they're perfect to have on in the background when I'm doing something else.

by Anonymousreply 1207/04/2013

Exactly. The message is DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT !

by Anonymousreply 1307/04/2013

How much longer are the "Jen is pregnant/Jen is trying to have a baby!" stories going to go on? She's like 45 now.

by Anonymousreply 1407/04/2013

I dislike her because I've never bought the meme that Angelina Jolie is some evil homewrecker who destroyed a happy marriage. By characterizing Jennifer Aniston as some long-suffering heroine, her defenders have fueled the perception that she's weak, vapid and needy.

by Anonymousreply 1507/04/2013

[quote]Did she portray herself as a victim, or was she just depicted that way in tabloids? I never remember hearing her complaining or bitching to the media or whatever.

I had no feelings about her one way or another until I read a Vanity Fair interview with her. This was a few years before her marriage went south. She came across as exceedingly self-absorbed and neurotic. It surprised me, actually. As I was reading it, "high maintenance" were the words that popped into my head. At one point, she devoted an awful lot of time to discussing how getting a haircut (to shoulder length) put her 'round the bend.

by Anonymousreply 1607/04/2013

I don't think r3 knows what a box office success is: Aniston has 5 films that have grossed more than $100 million, 2 of them as recently as 2011.

by Anonymousreply 1707/04/2013

She began her career as a hairstyle and she's kind of back there again isn't she? She was so smug when she was with Pitt that I laughed when they divorced. And remember how everyone predicted a Kidman post-Cruise career resurgence for her? Ha! Kidman, whatever her faults, always takes on challenging roles, whereas Aniston did RUMOR HAS IT and DERAILED, which I guess was a departure because Aniston was kind of evil.

But every other movie is the exact same thing. Whenever she 'stretches', it usually means she's downplaying her hair like in THE GOOD GIRL and HORRIBLE BOSSES.

by Anonymousreply 1807/04/2013

I always sort of liked her. She's not annoying like most actresses, and can be quite droll.

I doubt she gets lots of offers for "something different", unless she wants to take roles in SAG Ultra Low-Budget films, which I imagine she does not.

by Anonymousreply 1907/04/2013

Why not - other big stars are begging their agents to find them a good role in an indie film - brings them cred, and balances out the huge $ they make on big studio films. She needs to take a risk, and bring herself down a peg, so people relate to her again. You can only buy, and re-do so many $20,000,000 homes, before people start thinking its about the $, and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 2007/04/2013

The bitch can't act. Every role has been some variation on Rachel Green. The only thing good about her is that her dad is Victor Kiriakis.

by Anonymousreply 2207/04/2013

Let's make a Jennifer Aniston movie...LOL we did that already.

by Anonymousreply 2407/04/2013

RE 23 I think you got it right. And didnt Pitt say almost the same, in his most recent interview ? About no 'there there '. Something to the effect of being stoned all the time, and self involved'. Seems like he matured, and grew as a person - she hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 2507/05/2013

I loved her in that movie where she played the girl who was in love with that guy but they fought all the time. You know that movie!

by Anonymousreply 2607/05/2013

Jennifer, I want you to know that I think you are funny, pretty and charming---but you still need another quick trip to Tom's Rhinoplasty for a little more shaved off.

BE SWEET!

by Anonymousreply 2707/05/2013

What r23 said.

I happened to be watching Letterman a few years ago when Aniston was on. I'll give her this: as with most A List stars and those aspiring to get there, she has perfected the skill of taking while conveying absolutely nothing.

A Listers are tightly controlled. They speak "on script" at all times while on duty. They all conform to a certain marketable behavior. Aniston, despite her bland persona, or, because of it, surpasses every other Hollywood star at this skill. That's why, while cranking out schlock, she's A List.

Ridicule Zsa Zsa Gabor all you want to but give her her due. At least she had something interesting to say when she was on Carson.

Today's celebrity worship is so odd.

by Anonymousreply 2807/05/2013

She's "funny" in that completely unentertaining, fugly way.

by Anonymousreply 2907/05/2013

Funny that you don't remember her portraying herself as a victim because that was the best acting Aniston ever did. You don't remember her famous quote about Brad Pitt 'missing a sensitivity chip' because he dared to talk positively about his new relationship? I can't remember what he said to spark that comment from Aniston, but she miiiiiiiilked it for about a year.

by Anonymousreply 3007/05/2013

Zsa Zsa and Eva were far more beautiful and interesting than Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 3107/05/2013

She exists. She draws breath.

by Anonymousreply 3207/05/2013

Women I know who love romcoms all seem to enjoy Aniston and her movies. They don't want to watch a glamour girl or someone who has plasticized herself. Aniston has had work done, but her looks haven't morphed into a typical Hollywood cookie cutter face. She's a woman whom many women enjoy and trust.

Many people resent successful women. The more accessible those women are, the more they seem to resent them. Aniston's constant tabloid presence makes her too accessible and she has become a target for resentment.

DL has more than its share of posters who enjoy saying, "How dare she?" about those women. I've watched that particular brand of indignation manifest itself over Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewart and Jennifer Aniston. It's not anything new or unusual, but it's fun watching people try to justify resentment and envy.

I neither like nor dislike Aniston. However, along with Winfrey and Stewart, I admire and respect her as a woman who has created a successful career.

by Anonymousreply 3307/05/2013

Bitch held a juvenile, Meg Ryanish grudge against her mother for the longest time.

That did it for me.

What did Megan Ryan's mother do? told her it would be a mistake to marry a hopped up on drugs Dennis Quaid.

OMG!! punch and delete FOREVER!

by Anonymousreply 3407/05/2013

[all posts by racist shit-stain # 4 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3507/05/2013

Wow, R34...just wow!

by Anonymousreply 3607/05/2013

If I had Aniston's money, I would have my own private villa in Tuscany and never go anywhere near Los Angeles for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 3707/05/2013

R22 - In Derailed, JA was not playing Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 3807/05/2013

I don't get the "I admire them for making careers for themselves" thing.

Most women, most people, make careers for themselves. Overpaid, underworked celebrity careers are not especially admirable.

by Anonymousreply 3907/05/2013

She's a fake, opportunistic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4007/05/2013

I don't hate the woman, I'm indifferent.

by Anonymousreply 4107/05/2013

You're easily WoWed r36....

anyone who cuts off a family member over trivial bullshit has got some mental problems.

Aniston is a juvenile, superficial, self-obsessed LOSER.

by Anonymousreply 4207/05/2013

She's female

by Anonymousreply 4307/05/2013

I have to agree with R42. If someone cuts off their parents/siblings over trivial matters and never repairs those relationships, it's a huge red flag about their personality.

by Anonymousreply 4507/05/2013

She's never seemed a victim. I think she could've been huge bitch, but she just commented saying that what Brad did was "uncool". People with self esteem issues can't and wont like someone who came in second, hence the Aniston hate. Her embarrasing divorce reminds them of their own cheating companions, or lack of any companion. They see A.Jolie as the winner, even tho her morals are questionable.

by Anonymousreply 4607/05/2013

I have no clue how anyone can "hate" someone who hasn't killed/raped/molested someone or personally hurt you or your family.

by Anonymousreply 4707/05/2013

Strong women like Mrs. Roper, Tig Notaro, and Jennifer Aniston always attract crazy haters.

by Anonymousreply 4807/05/2013

LOL R48

by Anonymousreply 4907/05/2013

OP must be Jennifer's publicist.

by Anonymousreply 5007/05/2013

I wonder if in 2040 Jolie and Aniston will appear in a bad movie together, like Debbie Reynolds and Liz Taylor did.

by Anonymousreply 5107/05/2013

She has an image to protect. That is why she didn't come off as "a huge bitch" after the marriage ended with Pitt. Of course she played the victim. She does things in a passive aggressive way, using surrogates like Chelsea Handler to attack Angelina, rather than being honest about her feelings and fighting her own battles. She can stand back and say she never said a bad word about her. That right there is playing the victim. She wants to be seen as the bigger person but she just looks like a coward to me. No one here is really hating on her. They are just kind of tired of her and her constant self promotion. She's boring. That seems to be her greatest sin.

by Anonymousreply 5207/05/2013

I thought the tit for tat PR war that Aniston had (and has?) going on with Pitt-Jolie was pretty funny.

If Jolie had a magazine cover, two seconds later so did Aniston. If Aniston had some do-gooder publicity, two seconds later so did Pitt-Jolie. The only thing Aniston wouldn't do is buy orphans.

by Anonymousreply 5307/05/2013

or cut her tits off

by Anonymousreply 5407/05/2013

There was an interview she gave a few years ago where she said she wasn't a victim, she's moved on from Brad, she wishes the press would move on too, etc. I don't remember where that interview is now, but I linked to it here at the time.

I wish I had her money and her freedom, but I don't hate her at all. As with most celebrities, I'm completely indifferent about her. People seem to get bizarrely invested in their "hatred" of celebrities, though. Her detractors are going to see what they want to see, whether it's valid or not.

by Anonymousreply 5507/05/2013

Can the Fat Frau cheetoh eating grannies that are Brangelunatics please leave this gay board? No one cares about Angie anymore she doesn't even have a fucking career.

by Anonymousreply 5607/05/2013

I heard she bought Angelina's tits and is using them as bookends.

by Anonymousreply 5707/05/2013

Man! I don't know why I hate her so much, but I do!!! I hate her! I really fuckin' hate her....?

If I just see her on a talk show, I change the channel as fast as I can. I hate her voice. I hate that she's always touching/pushing her damn hair out of the way. I hate her bad nose job.

(and I should say I always HATED the show friends)

I just really hate her.

by Anonymousreply 5807/05/2013

DL hates strong woman. They despise Tig Notaro and Jennifer Aniston for their strength and perseverance. Haters gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 6007/05/2013

That's pretty much the point, r55. We don't want to see her. In movies, on our televisions, on every magazine cover that is right there in our faces when we are waiting in the check out line at the grocery store. We just want her to go away. Out of sight, out of my bitchy thoughts. See?

by Anonymousreply 6107/05/2013

Amen 61 . Another celeb that contributes nothing. Just go away Jen.

by Anonymousreply 6207/05/2013

If she would just cut off some of that damn hair. I don't know her age but she's way past the surfer-girl bit, get a damn haircut!

by Anonymousreply 6307/05/2013

She does not look good with short hair.

by Anonymousreply 6407/05/2013

[quote]We don't want to see her. In movies, on our televisions, on every magazine cover that is right there in our faces when we are waiting in the check out line at the grocery store.

Speak for yourself. Every magazine cover she's on is a cover denied the Kardashians, the Lohans, the Paris Hiltons and all the others who are far more vile than her.

by Anonymousreply 6507/05/2013

Honestly, the cunt should be euthanized.

by Anonymousreply 6607/05/2013

She has a vagina, thus DL hates her.

by Anonymousreply 6707/05/2013

oh fuck off r67. She's human garbage. Her vagina has nothing to do with it.

Give me Tilda Swinton, Wendy Davis, Janelle Monae, Kim Deal, Hillary Clinton, Jeanette Winterson, or any of the other countless amazing women in the world. Aniston should be dropped in a dark pit and never heard from again. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 6807/05/2013

r70=Jimmy Kimmel. Biggest celebrity ass licker in the business. How was Cabo this year?

by Anonymousreply 7107/05/2013

She's like W. All that money and she never travrls. Except to some resort town in Mexico. That just seems boring as shit.

by Anonymousreply 7207/05/2013

[quote]The first is the idea that the corporate suits who run Aveeno think I am going to buy into their notion that Aniston sets some kind of standard for natural beauty.

It's always funny to me that the general public thinks that celebrities who shill for drugstore beauty products actually use those products. I mean, do you really think Aniston uses Aveeno, SJP uses Garnier or Beyonce uses Revlon? All their hair, skin and makeup stuff is extremely high-end boutique stuff that's out of the reach of the general public unless they have loads of money. Those drugstore beauty product deals are just ways for them to make a shit-ton of money.

by Anonymousreply 7307/06/2013

I think Jennifer *might* be a lesbian. Has anyone noticed this before???

I got a new TV service about 2 months ago, it comes with a whole bunch of premium tv and movie channels, and for some reason there are a ton of Jennifer Aniston movies on ALL THE TIME (why???). I barely sleep right now, have a knee injury) so Ive been watching them at night.

I never noticed before, but seeing Jennifer in so many movies..... I wouldn't be surprised if she is a lesbian. My gaydar is never wrong. I can list my reasons if you want.

by Anonymousreply 7407/06/2013

She absolutely played the victim card for the first years after he divorce. She gave quotes every 15 seconds about Brad strongly hinting she wanted him back and slammed Angelina as subtly as possible. Everyone has conviently blocked out that cringe-worthy appearance at the Oscars when Brangelina was nominated. How she took John Mayer who had recently dumped her by impromptu press conference with the paparazzi. How she stuttered and stared at them on stage while presenting. She also created the whole phantom pregnancy tabloid trend by insisting vehemently she wanted kids and hinting she would have them any second.

by Anonymousreply 7507/06/2013

My god, this thread is as boring as Aniston, lol.

by Anonymousreply 7607/06/2013

I'll bite. All I know about her is the persona she portrays through movies/tv and the PR spun interviews. What I do know is that I don't see her splashed all over the tabloids getting arrested, fighting, going off on a tirade in public. I'd say that makes her a pretty decent person considering her Hollywood environment. As for her movies, I've enjoyed most of them. She's an actress, not God.

by Anonymousreply 7707/06/2013

Jen's splashed her horrible movies all over theater and tv screens, that alone makes her indecent.

by Anonymousreply 7807/06/2013

She does the fake pregnancy thing.

The paps are notified where she'll be or she goes somewhere she knows they'll be. She wears loose fitting clothing, "protectively" keeps a hand to her abdomen and/or ostentatiously holds a giant purse in front of it.

Voila. Tabloid covers, pictures, speculation on her "baby bump" etc. She loves the publicity while pretending she hates the paps whom she called in the first place.

Angelina's done exactly the same thing, Kidman's done it, a lot of them do it. Silly cows.

by Anonymousreply 7907/06/2013

Someone here said something along the lines of Brad Pitt stringing her along when it came to kids and not the other way around. Basically they said that he pretended he wanted kids and a family, but secretly was looking to trade up. It could be total bs, but it makes sense when you look at his dating history. He wanted kids but not with her.

by Anonymousreply 8007/06/2013

Bullshit. If she wanted kids, she would've had one with one of the dozen of men she's fucked since Brad.

by Anonymousreply 8107/06/2013

I am going to preface this by saying anyone who thinks a woman owes their husband babies is an asshole freeper. The rumor I have heard on old threads here and in an old Lainey blind is that Aniston ruined her fertility by taking hormones to get uber thin which caused a miscarriage and pretty much ended the marraige due to her blase attitude about the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 8207/06/2013

From what I remember she said she was going to have kids after Friends ended but instead she signed on several movie projects, how the husband can be happy about this, i do not know.

I don't hate her, just think she's a shitty actress and will not pay to go see a movie that she's in.

by Anonymousreply 8407/06/2013

It isn't a matter of "owing a man kids". However, if you tell the person you are marrying that you want children (when you secretly don't) knowing that having a family is very important to that person, then isn't that fraud? And didn't she continue to lie to him by telling him they would start a family after Friends, only to focus on her career? And if there were fertility issues the media would have glommed onto that big time. And if it meant that much to her to be a mother she could have adopted. Yeah, just like ANGELINA. I mean, how the hell do some of us know this much about them? Because she gave interviews talking about how much she wanted children. And isn't she doing the same thing with Theroux? BTW, the "freeper" shit is beyond old. Are you that lacking in imagination?

by Anonymousreply 8607/06/2013

I love her. Not sure why so many don't. She seems cool. Like she'd make a great pot smoking hag.

by Anonymousreply 8707/06/2013

She's very nice in person (I met her once), and when working with a decent script, she's actually quite good on screen. The Good Girl and Friends With Money are two of her best performances, and both are dramas. Why she doesn't pursue more indie dramas instead of those inane rom-coms is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 8807/06/2013

Oh, look girls. r76 is slumming. Was the Anderson Cooper thread full?

by Anonymousreply 8907/06/2013

Gee, r82. I thought it was the Aveeno products that gave her that "eternally youthful" glow. She's been using them for years, don't cha know.

by Anonymousreply 9007/06/2013

Here is the old blind via Lainey hair dresser Ken Paves is the BFF

Old gossip now leaking, courtesy of her BFF – in whose chair she sat after her split, receiving therapy and getting pretty at the same time. That’s what friends are for.

Only lately her BFF is getting tired of her attitude problem – friendship is apparently on her terms and the BFF is treated alternately as servant and confidante. So since the BFF can be as catty as they come, secrets are starting seep, shedding light on several mysteries, including weight, children, and heartbreak, all pointing to one cause.

Male hormones???

According to the BFF, she took male hormones as a way to stay thin. As a result, she miscarried at least once, which is what resulted in the big break – she lost love because she was obsessed with being skinny…so says the BFF. The BFF also confirms that she has since stopped, which is why her body is back to lovely.

Still…her reputation, or her looks for that matter, won’t be lovely for long if BFF keeps yapping. In many ways, in one very critical way, she needs her buddy more than her buddy needs her.

by Anonymousreply 9107/06/2013

That blind item @r91 sounds like it could be about Jessica Simpson too. BTW, there are so many hairdressers in Hollywood. One of them must have the talent to give her a new and fresh look. Although, her hair has been looking beat up lately. Particularly at the Oscars.The color was very unflattering and it looked over processed and dull. The red prom dress didn't do her any favors either. The blind about the male hormones is funny because I have never found Aniston to be particularly feminine. All the work she does on the body and I don't find her sexy at all. She actually looked better with her real nose.

by Anonymousreply 9207/06/2013

She's had a shit-ton of face and body work done, even by Hollywood standards.

by Anonymousreply 9307/06/2013

How can she have taken male hormones (testosterone, I assume. Are there others?) and not looked manly? (well, I suppose some people probably think she does already) How come Chaz Bono took testosterone without losing an ounce? Any MDs or endocrinologists out there who can explain this?

by Anonymousreply 9407/06/2013

Wow. r44/52/59/61/71/86/88/89/92 just really hates Jennifer and is even more outraged that ANY celebrity has the NERVE to appear on a product box! Who do they think they are, the Queen of England!?

A.D.S. Anniston Derangement Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 9507/06/2013

Along with more lean muscle mass and a greater sexual appetite, those hormones would make her skin oily and acne prone and increase her body hair and make her scalp hair more likely to fall out. I can't imagine the woman who would do this for weight loss. I have heard of older women doing this to stimulate lost sex drive.

by Anonymousreply 9607/06/2013

Stalk much, r95?

by Anonymousreply 9707/06/2013

How much longer can Jennifer play the cutie in a comedy flick?

Even Meg Ryan had to stop that shit.

by Anonymousreply 9807/06/2013

No, r97, I just hit Trolldar because the endless rants sounded eerily familiar. Am I not allowed to, oh wise one? I'd say, quit defending the freaks, but I imagine you are defending your own posts.

by Anonymousreply 9907/06/2013

No sweetheart, you hit troll-dar because I hit a nerve:) "endless rants"? No, opinions. And I didn't write one thing that I don't think is true.

by Anonymousreply 10007/06/2013

She's at the villain phase of her career. Whoever (CAA?) represents her must be telling her that.

If properly directed, and with the right script, she could be that next Bond Villain. She would be playing against type while deploying her slight comedic skills.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 10107/07/2013

"that"- the next Bond Villain

by Anonymousreply 10207/07/2013

Any friend of Chelsey Handler must be a horrible human being....

by Anonymousreply 10307/07/2013

She's a television actress. She's just not interesting enough on the big screen, where her limited abilities clearly show. It's why some theater actors don't translate well to television or movies. But she has the money to keep wasting everybody's time.

She needs to go back to television with another comedy. Or try a drama.

by Anonymousreply 10407/07/2013

JA has always had her hair done by Chris McMillan, who is her BFF. She stood by him and helped him out during his recovery from addiction, and has helped him with medical care. She would give him all these expensive products and stuff from companies wanting endorsements and he would give them to friends and family. I know for a fact that she is kind and funny, and has helped her friends (buying them houses, taking them on vacations, etc.) She treats staff well (you never hear about her being rude to film crews). I can't speculate about her relationship with her mother, nor can I comment on why AJ locked her father out her life and initially wouldn't let him see his grand kids. AJ has borderline personality- again I do have insider knowledge of this. She has even discussed her psych hospitalization at UCLA. With therapy she has developed what is known as "sublimation" - turning anger at yourself into righteous anger at injustice. She has followed down the path of the most famous borderline, Princess Diana. Both women are drawn to suffering, and draw energy from witnessing suffering. Indeed, at times this fascination with death, disease and war is unusual, but both did/are trying to raise awareness of injustice.

by Anonymousreply 10507/07/2013

I saw her in some ensemble movie ("Hes Just Not That Into You?") that I could barely watch. She wasn't bad at all, unlike the rest of the cast. You have to have some real skills to get through a bad movie and not disgrace yourself--I have some respect for her abilities.

by Anonymousreply 10607/07/2013

Interesting r106, in contrast, I have no respect for your awful taste.

by Anonymousreply 10707/07/2013

R104 - These days television actor/actress isn't a slam. TV has gone up in quality, and movies have gone down. Jennifer has had more of a movie presence in the last decade than she has had a TV presence.

by Anonymousreply 10807/07/2013

Pet Gays Pet Gays

America, I’m not your pet gay.

America, I never said I wanted to marry you. Can’t we just live together?

America, I’m not a Care Bear on your suburban lawn with an adopted Guatemalan baby in my arms and my legal-in-twelve-states-and-DC husband weeping beside me and humming the score of Rent through his grateful tears.

America, I’m not a happy happy drag queen sent to earth by Jesus, Cher, and Harvey Fierstein to teach joy and love and endurance to straight people in tour buses. . .

by Anonymousreply 10907/07/2013

The hate comes from the media pushing her while she hasn't done anything worthy in years. She really shouldn't be as famous as she is.

by Anonymousreply 11007/07/2013

It's her face. No one with THAT face should be called beautiful. It's mean.

by Anonymousreply 11107/07/2013

I don't doubt that she is basically a good person. Kind and generous to friends and employees, blah, blah. But she seems obsessed with her looks and public image, and sadly, that money buys happiness. There is an apparent lack of intellectual curiosity which translates into doing the same things over and over, going to the same places over and over and repeating the same patterns in her personal life. There is also the perception that she is willing to put her own wants and needs on the backburner to please her latest lover or love interest. But looks can be deceiving and once they are interested or vested she slowly but surely manipulates them into getting her own way. The whole moving to New York and buying an apartment because she wanted to shake things up in her life and try something new was a calculated move to be closer to Justin Theroux. An at the time. still involved in a long term relationship, Justin Theroux. Then, the minute they were engaged, she sold the N.Y apartment and bought another 20 million dollar house In L.A. A pricey house that needs "renovation". Another familiar behavior pattern.This is all arm chair psychology, of course, and really none of my business, but since I can't seem to get away from the publicity machine that pushes her in our faces, I am going to say what I think about her. She's just not interesting or compelling enough to warrant the kind of money movie studios throw at her to do the same shitty movie over and over again. Angelina has mental health issues, but so does Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 11207/07/2013

Jennifer only cares about Jennifer.

by Anonymousreply 11307/07/2013

Jennifer Anniston is OLD, past her prime and is a comical *she herself is a comic* one dimensional actress, she can only do comedy because she is a a comical real life person non grata or *uninspiring, superficial uninteresting* woman who holds no depth just this jokey woman who you can't take seriously becausehe is his self just a joke. *never taking anything seriously* not even his own hair or short height, goddamit. Let us analyse Miss Jelous and see her for the person for whom she is, oh yes, Angelina has also now lost her looks and looks as old and haggard as Miss Maniston after having those 3+3 kids. These woman are hasbenies.

by Anonymousreply 11409/28/2013

I don't hate Jennifer Aniston, but I found it odd that she went out of her way to play the victim during the time of her divorce with Brad Pitt when it was perfectly clear that the two were on different paths. He wanted a family, she wanted a career. By splitting up, they both got what they wanted, so she didn't need to deploy that, "What Angelina did was uncool" bullshit.

Also, while she's one of the few actresses out there who can effectively pull off dramatic AND comedic roles, she needs to come to terms with the fact that she's closer to 50 than 30. Rather than playing strippers at this point in her career, there's no shame in playing the mother of teenage kids and such. She's just seems like she's afraid of embracing 45 or whatever she is.

by Anonymousreply 11509/28/2013

She went way in over her head by marrying Brad Pitt. Also, Pitt publicly talked all the time about how badly he wanted kids. Aniston wanted a career and strung Pitt along for years never intending to have a baby. He wanted a family, he didn't want to sit around an empty house with Aniston and a dog. I don't see how he could have stayed in that marriage.

by Anonymousreply 11609/28/2013

I thought the "Brad wanted a family, Jen wanted a career" rumor was rebunked. Apparently it was something that Angelina fed to the press at the time to deflate the negative publicity towards her.

by Anonymousreply 11709/28/2013

She doesn't bother me. She could, however, sling a few mill the way of one or two REALLY talented, totally unconnected directors and provide us with new directors and a classic movie or two. NO Oprah book adaptations or the like. Producing great indie movies gives these stoned chicks a pedigree they can't really buy. Think Warren Beatty, who was pretty much considered an airhead before he produced. And NO, she should not be in them.

by Anonymousreply 11809/28/2013

R117 I remember Pitt saying he wanted kids years before Aniston or Jolie were in the picture. He brought it up a lot. Wanderlust was an ok movie, but any actress could have played that part.Aniston brought nothing to the role.

by Anonymousreply 11909/28/2013

Actually those rumours were around way way way before Angelina. Pretty much day one of her marriage. [R117] Aniston wanted sympathy so she blamed Angelina, she made over-the-top professions about how badly she wanted kids. I can't read her mind or anything but its pretty obvious she wasn't baby crazy.

by Anonymousreply 12009/29/2013

Some moron upthread, many months ago, said DL haters just hate women for no reason, and then listed Oprah, Martha Stewart, and Jennifer Aniston as targets of that blind loathing.

Lesbian, lesbian, and long-rumored (including by Bradley from IHSG's mother) lesbian.

All closeted. All rich (and old) enough to come out of the fucking closet.

That's a good reason to hate celebrities, in my book.

by Anonymousreply 12109/29/2013

My partner has worked with AJ and JA . He says Aniston is a class act and very friendly. Jolie was high and stuck up.

by Anonymousreply 12209/29/2013

I interacted with Jennifer and she was funny and lovely and I bummed numerous cigs from her. I had friends that worked with Angelina and they said she was kind and gracious and acted like a normal person.

I'm willing to believe they're both nice people, hence the fact that they were both in relationships with Brad Pitt, who is also known as a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 12409/29/2013

I thought she gave a solid performance in "The Good Girl". It's too bad she didn't go in more of a dramatic direction with her career.

by Anonymousreply 12509/29/2013

Agreed, R125. She should work with Mike White again. Maybe on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 12609/29/2013

LMAO...the bitch is so pathetic that she has to have her friends do her dirty work...

by Anonymousreply 12703/04/2014

I like her.

by Anonymousreply 12803/14/2014

Anniston is glad she got rid of Brad, but rabid Brangelina fans love to blame it all on her, even though Brad traded down with his anorexic fame whoring coke head and 6 kids.

by Anonymousreply 12903/14/2014

She is guarded, ironic, dry witted and cares about her image, but is relaxed about her critics. She likes to look good, but likes to drink and eat and would rather go to Cabo than museums. She values her friends and has some difficult relationships with her family. She spends money and trades up houses, has uneven taste in men but seems to enjoy having one around. She probably has no great desire to be a parent. She is not beautiful but is sexy and healthy looking. What is not to like, except what most gay men see in the mirror? It's not deep, but not a terrible reflection.

She has been lucky and is ambitious, but kind of knows her lane and knows how to party. She takes some risks, but will never take a full leap to be embarrassed. She is rich enough to not have to do a television series again, and probably never will. Not because it is beneath her, but because it's a grind and she earned her way into films. They are often not good films, but not terrible.

As an artist, she is not one. As a person she seems pretty reasonable. I bet she is fun in bed and on vacation and a good friend. She never goes all Hollywood - there is some hair falling down or some too sexy shoes, she eats well but is getting thicker, she promotes cosmetics but loves the sun, and she doesn't affect a fake voice or persona. She is guarded if not mysterious. She may be boring, a limited talent and not a great beauty, but there is no reason for hate.

by Anonymousreply 13003/14/2014

OP I don't hate her at all. Whenever I see her in something I usually enjoy it. I saw We're the Millers and Horrible Bosses, and laughed a lot. It was fun.

JA is pretty IMO, but also ordinary. I bet I could walk right past her at the mall and not notice. She looks like someone you could hang out with, and have a conversation and she's fun. But she's like parsley. Sort of bland.

She strikes me more as having a business orientation rather than a creative one. As in "movie business." As it has been pointed out, she is very smart about real estate and she has made a fortune.

Angelina I adore. If I met her I would be star struck. She leads a purposeful life which I also admire. I don't care about what she did in her "Billy Bob phase." What she is doing for the UN and in the realm of human rights is admirable. But she is not someone I can ever picture hanging out with.

I hate the silly rivalry that people seem determined to foment about the two women. I think they got over it all long ago. The tabloids keep it alive to seel magazines.

by Anonymousreply 13103/14/2014

Has she done any quality work period???

by Anonymousreply 13208/02/2014

I don't get the hate for her either, but it's not just gay men who hate her. I remember being with a group of slightly older women when she was still married to Brad. They were all going OFF about how ugly she was and didn't "deserve" to be with him. It was creepy.

I think she's cute and charming, and quite good in more dramatic roles. And she is one lucky bitch to be getting fucked by Justin Theroux.

She may not travel around the globe scooping up children, but she does do a lot of work with St. Jude.

by Anonymousreply 13308/02/2014

How is your obvious and irrational hate for Jolie any different, OP? I quote: "and she's not an empty-eyed, anorexic savior figure like A Jolie, rescuing children of different colors from poverty (but only the cute ones)". No, Aniston is a body image obsessed pot head with limited, very limited, acting skills who owes her career to nepotism and a good hair stylist. She will never like how she looks because she doesn't like who she is. If a woman uses Aveeno products she can look just like Aniston? No. Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of (bad) plastic surgery will get you a face like Aniston's. And if we are to believe Pitt and Mayer, she's boring. She has vast wealth and influence but she only uses it to promote...Jennifer Aniston. Rom-com Queen, perpetual victim and Justin Theroux's personal ATM. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 13408/02/2014
Need more help? Click Here.