Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Steve Grand - Openly Gay Country Singer

The video for his single "All American Boy" follows a gay young man who falls for another guy, only to have it end in unrequited gay-straight attraction.

Steve writes of his decision to make the video: “I fought with who I was for most of my life. In every way a young person can fight with himself. But starting today… I’m laying it out there. I’m done playing it safe. I don’t have a manager or a label or any sort of funding other than the tip money I make playing piano. I feel like music industry people wouldn’t like the idea of me “pigeonholing” myself by telling this story as I have. But I don’t believe the world sees change until it sees honesty. So I went in on my own. I went all in. There is no Plan B. I’m nervous/excited/horrified/anxious about the implications […] the choices I am making (and have made throughout my journey of discovering myself as a man and as an artist) will have on my future. But then I remind myself I never really had a choice. This is the story I’ve been aching to tell […] most of my life… it is what I hold dearest to me.”

by Anonymousreply 24404/13/2015

Hotness

by Anonymousreply 207/04/2013

You can buy his single here...

by Anonymousreply 307/04/2013

Anyone else have tears in their eyes when after they got back to the party, his friend pulled him in closer like, "it's cool, we're still pals"?

by Anonymousreply 407/04/2013

Cute bare butt.

by Anonymousreply 507/04/2013

I wonder how Grand his old opry is?

by Anonymousreply 607/04/2013

I found that touching as well, R4.

by Anonymousreply 707/04/2013

No, R4. I wanted to say, you fucking idiot, why did you even go back there?

It would be nice if he could be on NASHVILLE in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 807/04/2013

I bought the song anyway.

by Anonymousreply 907/04/2013

Very good, R9!

by Anonymousreply 1007/04/2013

Um, wow. Thanks OP - I think you've just made my day. I've long been a country music fan and have been waiting for the time a video like this was made, or there's an openly gay country artist. I'm truly moved by what he said and his bravery. Good song, too. He's gorgeous and what a heartbreaking scene. I'm going to buy his albums, like his videos, support support support.

by Anonymousreply 1107/04/2013

Great, country gal R11! Support support support!

by Anonymousreply 1207/04/2013

Are you Steve Grand, R12?

by Anonymousreply 1307/04/2013

No, but his story and video touched me.

by Anonymousreply 1407/04/2013

I don't care for country, but I did enjoy that video. I hope Steve does well - he's a handsome man with a nice voice!

by Anonymousreply 1507/04/2013

Well, you're a good fan. You got me to buy his song. I'd watched the video and let it go, but there you were, hawking him on the street corner. Good deal. I hope he does more music.

by Anonymousreply 1607/04/2013

His video got over 100,000 views in one day!

His body is incredible, among his other assets.

by Anonymousreply 1707/04/2013

Handsome man. Can he sing pop songs too, though? I want to support him, but I can't stand country.

by Anonymousreply 1807/05/2013

R1 is bullying other posters in the 'Average Penis Size' thread.

by Anonymousreply 1907/05/2013

Well that was embarrassing...for him.

by Anonymousreply 2007/05/2013

R19 is rushing about playing hall monitor because I called her out for posting homophobic, ageist posts.

As you can see by my post at R1, I'm a real danger, aren't I?

Tsk.

by Anonymousreply 2107/05/2013

Looks like this guy's song is blowing up. Over 201,000 views on Youtube so far.

He's also, of course, a former model.

Pics are at DNA

by Anonymousreply 2207/05/2013

He's pretty hot. It's nice to know artists can go around the record companies and get their music out.

by Anonymousreply 2407/05/2013

Nice abs.

by Anonymousreply 2507/05/2013

Anyone know his real name? People tell there are pic of him kissing girlfriend on facebook? God, I hope he's not freaking bi!!!

by Anonymousreply 2607/05/2013

Oh just kindly fuck off, R28... there IS such a thing as being TOO goddamned cynical, you know.

by Anonymousreply 2907/05/2013

The "straight" guy in the video is Taylor from FRATMEN

by Anonymousreply 3007/05/2013

I love how the underwear leaves nothing to the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 3207/05/2013

I think R31 has it right.

by Anonymousreply 3307/05/2013

The guy was getting over 100,000 views on his video before anyone knew he was a former underwear model.

Now it was always obvious that the video featured a hot guy trying to get with another hot guy so that probably did contribute to the popularity.

But when he took up modeling, the little bio he had described himself as a singer, songwriter. He probably did it to finance his music career. Another of his posts said he spent all his money and went into debt to put out this video.

And there's nothing wrong with pandering a little to his audience to get views R28. It's also cute how his mom is all over his facebook page liking all the comments.

But I do wonder who was in charge of his marketing because they're doing a great job getting it out there. Even Lance Bass complimented his video on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 3407/05/2013

Why isn't he on iTunes?

by Anonymousreply 3607/05/2013

What does it matter, R36? I bought his song on whatever site it comes from, and play it on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 3707/05/2013

I think R35 you may be projecting a little about the looks thing. If he wanted it to be all about his looks he'd focus on the modeling career. It seems he's about the music.

He's from Chicago and plays piano at The Joynt which is kind of a Jazz place. I saw on their Twitter he's playing there tonight. I think he's new to the business & wants to make music. Again, he's said he's completely broke and in debt putting in this effort. He doesn't even have it on itunes yet. Although he's probably better off the way he's doing it now as I've seen some people saying they've paid $10 for his song. (You can get it for free or donate anything above .99 cents)

I'm sure he's trying to get the attention of some label. Who knows if he'll make it but it's nice to see gay people coming out at the beginning of their career & trying to make it.

by Anonymousreply 3807/05/2013

He's out He's pretty hot. He's has some talent. He looks nice in his undies. He's getting attention

Of course Datalounge hates him.

by Anonymousreply 3907/05/2013

Apparently he used to go by the name Steven Starchild. There's other youtube vids of him singing under that name. He lives in Chicago and has a gig playing piano at "the joynt". He actually seems pretty talented considering he plays multiple intruments and wrote all american boy by himself. I don't think the cynical "he's just a dumb underwear model" applys here.

by Anonymousreply 4007/06/2013

Frankly, I prefer Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 4107/06/2013

I see him on an episode of Glee next season.

by Anonymousreply 4207/06/2013

Thanks, R40, for doing the research.

by Anonymousreply 4307/06/2013

Taylor,Carrie,watch out...there`s a new girl in town.

by Anonymousreply 4507/06/2013

[quote]his poseur tendency gets in his own way.

Him?! Noooo!

by Anonymousreply 4607/06/2013

GODDAMNIT!

by Anonymousreply 4707/06/2013

Matt LeBlanc's and RDJ's love child.

by Anonymousreply 4807/06/2013

I like the music and he's hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 4907/06/2013

Wow, R2, he's too hot to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 5007/06/2013

As Steve Starchild covering Lady Gaga's "You and I."

by Anonymousreply 5207/06/2013

Dang. Hot, openly gay country singer and all you queens can do is shoot him down. Given the homophobia he's facing, shouldn't he be able to count on support from his OWN COMMUNITY?

by Anonymousreply 5307/06/2013

Not so sure unrequited longing for the straight boy is the best choice for jumpstarting an out of the closet country career in 2013. But good luck to him.

by Anonymousreply 5507/06/2013

We're all facing homophobia, just being gay you face it. I'm not knocking him down but the problems of hottie gay people finding love is pretty vapid, and certainly not tragic.

by Anonymousreply 5607/06/2013

Country is more homophobic than the rest of the music industry and you don't necessarily have to like his music to support his effort to be openly gay. Interesting how some of you can't "relate" to shirtless hunks in love and yet that's pretty much all you talk about.

by Anonymousreply 5707/06/2013

He wouldn't even make the top 12 on American Idol

by Anonymousreply 5807/06/2013

I don't think it has anything to do with how hot he looks. Is there an out, gay singer that anyone on DL supports? I can't think of any. Every single out gay singer is put down on here. While there's threads devoted to Cher, Madonna & Lady Gaga where they endlessly rave about how supportive they are, an actual gay singer is someone to be ridiculed & put down.

On another note, I'm not sure this guy is a country singer. He sounds a little more pop to me.

by Anonymousreply 5907/06/2013

Saying that Dataloungers are prone to tear apart someone just because they're good looking may have some truth, but it's also hypocritical. If someone doesn't have that pretty boy look he's treated just as critically here. Both arguments are proof that many gay men, when evaluating self-worth and worth in others, place appearance too close to the top of the list. I think it's kind of refreshing that other gay men expect more from those of us seeking approval (which is the same thing as my-video-is-hot-buy-my-song), whether it be in a public forum or just standing in a bar.

by Anonymousreply 6107/06/2013

[quote]I think it's kind of refreshing that other gay men expect more from those of us seeking approval

I don't think that necessarily it is one or the other. There are many people -- gay and straight -- who are just critical for the sake of being critical. They will find fault no matter what.

Undoubtedly, there are people who will fawn over Steve Grand because he's got a handsome face and a hot body, no matter his level of talent. But there are also some who are going to criticize him for reasons equally unrelated to his singing abilities. I don't think those people are "expecting more."

by Anonymousreply 6207/06/2013

So if he were ugly, R56, then you'd think he was allowed to write a country song about unrequited love?

by Anonymousreply 6307/06/2013

It's not refreshing, it's par for the course because there's a great deal more criticism of any gay singer or celebrity that tries to make a success no matter the level of talent. There's no support here while there's constant fawning over straight female divas like Whiney & Cher.

Successful or wannabee gay artists seems to bring out all the sharp claws not the support. And when someone points this out, like When Adam Lambert said that he gets way more support from his straight female fan base than gay people, he got attacked for it. But there's lots of truth to this.

If some equally hunky straight guy gave a vague shout out to gay people in one of his song you'd see all the fawning and showering of love come out. But an actual gay singer--not so much.

by Anonymousreply 6407/06/2013

You know, part of the problem might be that the Adam Lamberts and Steve Grands of this world are making music that the DL demographic don't find appealing. I'd say we fawn over Cheyenne Jackson, who sings Broadway and classic pop, genres that the mostly older denizens of DL prefer.

Also, taking aside the comments about his looks, the criticisms here are valid -- it IS a rather bland, forgettable song. He's a fine singer and clearly talented, but he needs to work on his songwriting skills. I wish him luck.

by Anonymousreply 6507/06/2013

R50, what do you mean? Gay guys like male body, straight guys don't, it's more likely he should be gay or bi...

by Anonymousreply 6607/06/2013

[quote]R1 is bullying other posters in the 'Average Penis Size' thread.

R19 is a troll-dar Troll - self-appointed Hall Monitor ---- rushing from thread to thread to post reports of what a person has posted in another thread.

by Anonymousreply 6707/06/2013

Sadly, R64 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 6807/06/2013

How many of you bought his song? That's what matters most.

Go ahead. Do it.

by Anonymousreply 6907/06/2013

This looker brings back turmoil from youth. I met several exceedingly handsome and smart gay guys back in my youth. I worked at the Rendezvous in SF in its heyday. Sadly these gay geniuses, and I mean that without sarcasm, never connected with me for more than a month or two, they always had someone more interesting waiting to be next.

Still, just the brief connect was thrilling at 21.

by Anonymousreply 7007/06/2013

I know Steve well. He is a really talented piano player, singer, and song writer. Sure he's fucking hot, but the best about him is that he's not into himself. I absolutely hate arrogant people, and he definitely isn't.

He works out a great deal to look so buff, but he'd be the first to tell you that it's mostly genetics.

While this song is crossover "country," his music is usually more eclectic, and generally pop-ish.

Going to see him tonight @ The Joynt.

by Anonymousreply 7107/06/2013

Oh, please, r71, a ripped body is not just "genetics." Ya gotta work out to get a body like that and unless you're an athlete you're doing it because you want to get laid or admired for your body.

by Anonymousreply 7307/06/2013

Loretta Lynn's Grandson is openly gay and a drag queen to boot!

by Anonymousreply 7507/07/2013

Of course everyone is going to tear him down...that's what out-of-shape, over the hill, unpopular, lame, boring, dull, alone, unloved, bitter hatefull faggot queen poofs do. They're miserable, and they MUST HATE EVERYTHING, *especially* if it involves a man that would never, ever, ever even look at them twice except to be polite, let alone hold them, kiss them, fuck them, and tell them "I love you".

If I were most of you, I'd be hateful, too. You'll never look like him, and you'll never have him, so be mean to him. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 7607/07/2013

Hey, Lou is right; it isn't all genetics. This 2013 screencap from his old Finn Diesel Model Mayhem profile (the text is from 2009) says he lost 20 pounds of fat in six weeks -- through hard work.

by Anonymousreply 7707/07/2013

So, did he sing at church this morning?

by Anonymousreply 7807/07/2013

Forget buying his song...

How much does he charge to sit on my face?

by Anonymousreply 7907/07/2013

He seems kind of sweet and "aw shucks"-ish. I wonder how much of that's real?

by Anonymousreply 8007/07/2013

It's kind of hilarious, too, how his MM profile specifies "No full frontal nudity". Mesh thong? SURE! Wet white briefs in the shower? TOTALLY! But actually just having his dick out? NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. What's to hide after the other photos?

by Anonymousreply 8107/07/2013

So He posed for some nearly nude photos and didn't want to show his dick--I've seen many, many male celebrities do the same thing. Lots of those male nude calendars, the Rugby ones show everything but dick. I've seen movies where guys will go everything but full frontal. I've seen many women who pose nude and only show their back & their butt. I'm not getting the hilarity at all.

So he tried to put some limits on what could get out there as he still wanted a career in music and didn't want dick pictures coming out. It's probably a smart move on his part. No one's shocked at naked butt photos. They show that on regular TV.

by Anonymousreply 8207/07/2013

Video of him performing live last night.

by Anonymousreply 8307/07/2013

R80 he seems sweet in this AP interview too.

In part when discussing the song:

""I was a 13-year-old boy (at camp)," noted the 23-year-old singer-songwriter, speaking by phone from his hometown Chicago. "One of my counselors was warm and strong and he took an interest in me __ not sexually, but as a friend, and it really moved me. I remember leaving with a horrible ache in my heart."

While "All-American Boy" is told from the gay man's perspective, Grand said he knew its tale of unrequited love would resonate across lines of sexuality. He's received hundreds of postings on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook from viewers, both straight and gay, saying they understand such rejection and heartache.

"I'm not a cryer," noted Grand. "But since this all began, since people have been reaching out, I've been beyond moved, because so many people have felt what I felt, been through what I've been through."

Grand said that upon discovering he was gay in eighth grade, he told friends, which quickly got back to his parents. They insisted he go to so-called "straight therapy," which he endured for five years. But it didn't work.

He logged his full freshman year at Belmont University in Nashville, but, due to the costs, returned to Chicago. His recent employment has run the gamut from modeling to supplying music for Catholic church events, the latter being what he called the "food-money" gig.

Grand said he has no idea where the YouTube success may take him, though he does admit he's "not much of a singer" and more of a songwriter. "Of course, I want to continue to grow as a man and grow as an artist," he commented.

For now, Grand appears happy just being the moment, immersed in all those postings. "Just the hundreds of people who have said, 'Your story is my story. Thank you for this,' is enough for me."

"Like I said, I would die a happy man today," Grand continued. "And it's the first time in my entire life I can say that."

And I thought his mother seemed supportive on FB only to find out he was in ex gay therapy for 5 years. Maybe she's trying to make up but no wonder he said he was messed up about his sexuality for a while.

by Anonymousreply 8407/08/2013

"Gay men drink too much, feel sorry for themselves, and come on to straight dudes when their girlfriends aren't around: that's the message from the music video of newly-minted gay country singer Steve Grand. And gay media is too busy fawning over the young stud to notice."

by Anonymousreply 8507/08/2013

[quote]he was in ex gay therapy for 5 years.

It's really sad that he had to go through that.

by Anonymousreply 8607/08/2013

That's why I didn't tell my parents before I was out of college and already working, R84 R86. They would have pulled that shit.

by Anonymousreply 8707/08/2013

He seems like a really nice guy. I think people should give him a chance and not just assume he's a lying douche just because he's hot. He has a passion or music and he's trying to make it so people shouldn't hate on him for that.

by Anonymousreply 8807/08/2013

Beautiful song, beautiful young man.

Everyone please BUY this song and support what this cute young guy is doing for gay male visibility!

by Anonymousreply 8907/08/2013

AfterElton (Backlot) has an interview with Steve Grand/Starchild/Chatham.

by Anonymousreply 9007/08/2013

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 9107/08/2013

Maybe he should pick a name as stick with it.

by Anonymousreply 9207/08/2013

And don't forget, he also went by Finn Diesel for a while.

So, yeah, he does need to pick a name and stick with it. And, I don't think any of those are his real name.

by Anonymousreply 9307/08/2013

I'm partial to Starchild

by Anonymousreply 9407/08/2013

I like Finn Chatham. Or Finn Starchild.

by Anonymousreply 9507/08/2013

I've never known anyone whose last name was Grand.

by Anonymousreply 9607/08/2013

R84 Maybe his dad is the one that forced the straight camp issue and his mother went along the idea before she woke up and started to support her son.

by Anonymousreply 9707/08/2013

It's not just GLBT folks who can look up to him for his honesty, but those artists who have yet to quit their day job, and live their dream. He's not a star yet, but it's rising at an amazing rate.

But get some much needed sleep. You deserve it!

X

by Anonymousreply 9807/08/2013

He's going to be on GMA tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 9907/09/2013

I want him to be on my face tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 10007/09/2013

You know Sam Champion will be all over him tomorrow.

I hope someone records his appearance and posts it online because I won't be able to see it live.

by Anonymousreply 10107/09/2013

Today GMA mentioned that Steve's parents sent him to reparative therapy. In the interview he said they're now proud of him.

by Anonymousreply 10207/09/2013

Good for him. Hope he does well.

by Anonymousreply 10307/09/2013

The Good Morning America clip...

It's very short, but very drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 10407/09/2013

I don't get why he's considered a country singer. He has one single, and it's very borderline.

Is calling him a country artist a marketing strategy? Does he even have someone marketing him?

by Anonymousreply 10507/09/2013

r105, I don't think he has a P.R person. He probably had someone help him record and make the video. The song sounds country, hence people calling it country.

by Anonymousreply 10607/09/2013

The Steve Grand hype is actually counterproductive. It's about as substantial as cheering on your cousin with Downs Syndrome at the local Special Olympics games.

There are truly talented gay artists, so why fawn over a mediocre one?

And his co-star. As a model the guy should be grateful for the exposure, but it didn't take long for people to uncover his porn past. That's gotta hurt!

by Anonymousreply 10707/09/2013

Cunts get things done :P

by Anonymousreply 10907/09/2013

That's çunt, you çunt. Soft "c." Can't you read?

by Anonymousreply 11007/09/2013

who started dupe thread?

by Anonymousreply 11107/09/2013

[quote]who started dupe thread?

A dupe.

by Anonymousreply 11207/09/2013

I like the video so I will buy the song.

by Anonymousreply 11307/09/2013

yet MORE gay pop cliches

by Anonymousreply 11407/09/2013

My thread's the better thread.

by Anonymousreply 11507/09/2013

Ehhh

by Anonymousreply 11607/10/2013

r107, for future reference it's DOWN Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 11707/10/2013

Good for him for what he's trying to do. It doesn't matter that he's a hot ex-underwear model or not, more power to him for doing what he wants and taking a risk - but I don't care for the song at all. It's just not my kind of music.

And while the video is much better (the post-kiss awkwardness in the lake is painfully real) r85's quote is pretty accurate. Like it or not, it does play into the stereotype of "gay man who puts the make on a hot straight guy".

I don't care what his real name is - I'm glad he ditched 'Starchild'. It sounds like he picked that up from reading the Michfest boards.

by Anonymousreply 11807/10/2013

Sorry people, this kid has been figured out to be anything but an aspiring country singer.

The video alone is soft poseur porn.. Glossy, the guy is over processed, etc..

If he were truly trying to break into being a serious country singer, he would have gone about it a much better, tactful way. He would have a lot of supporters in that industry. Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Garth Brooks, Brad Paisley... They're all out as being highly progressive and very 'liberal' as country music goes.

This kid would be a porn star if it'd score him some attention. And, of course, shows like GMA gobble it right up without even attempting to vette the guy.

Fake. FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 11907/10/2013

[quote]shows like GMA gobble it right up without even attempting to vette the guy.

I hope he makes enough on this song that he can pay off his debt and vette himself.

- Oh, you meant "vet"?

by Anonymousreply 12007/10/2013

R119, he isn't trying to break into country music. The blogs labeled him as a country star. He's never called his music country.

Why don't you take the time and read some of whats been posted.

by Anonymousreply 12107/10/2013

[quote] I don't think he has a P.R person.

Well someone is doing a fair amount of free P.R. for him on the Datalounge. 4 different threads started for the same YouTube video in 2 days?

I see going for the country music angle is marketing strategy because he certainly wouldn't be noteworthy as the first out gay pop/rock singer. It gives an identity and makes a headline that multiple people lap up and start separate threads about.

But I don’t care for that tactic when the marketing is inaccurate.

Setting aside the argument that his record is about as "country" as the latest Taylor Swift CD, he wouldn't even even be the first in country. Shane Stevens, for one, has had moderate success (mostly as a songwriter, but he sings too) in Nashville for several years.

by Anonymousreply 12207/10/2013

R104. Very telling clip. He's definitely hot, has probably worked hard to get where he is, but let's hope his main goal isn't acting.

As he admitted in an earlier interview (posted in this thread), he's not "a cryer", and he confirmed this 100% with those completely forced crocodile tears in the GMA clip.

by Anonymousreply 12307/10/2013

This is GREAT for country music. He's not a good singer but he writes well and I could see him being a hit. These days in country, most of the men aren't great singers anyway. I hope he makes it BIG

by Anonymousreply 12407/10/2013

I doubt he's hiding the fact he's not a real country singer since this is what he said in the Backlot interview:

" Do you consider “All-American Boy” a country song? You’ve recorded in plenty of different styles over the years.

SG: I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but there’s been some debate about how the song is categorized. They’re wondering if it qualifies as a country song. I never thought of myself as a country artist. I think labeling it kind of takes the life out of it. I want people to call it what they want.

In many ways, it’s country. It’s storytelling, and that’s what country is and what country music comes down to. I use electric guitars and piano and ambient sounds, and when we were finishing the record, I thought, “What kind of music is this, even?” Seems like the country people are calling it rock, and the rock people are calling it country. It’s really interesting. Whatever way people see it, it’s totally fine with me. I’m totally detached from the idea of putting it in a box. It’s rock and pop deep-fried in a little bit of a country."

by Anonymousreply 12507/10/2013

His long list of many (ridiculous) names will come back to hurt his career, unless of course he's able to bring up the topic first and be the first to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 12607/10/2013

R126 also addressed in that Backlot interview. I believe it's all fake names he used before deciding to come out fully as gay. People kept asking him if he was gay and he was uncomfortable because of his family & because he works at 4 different churches.

Grand is his real name and he's using it now because of what he wrote when he released the video.

"I fought with who I was for most of my life. In every way a young person can fight with himself.

But starting today, I'm laying it out there. I'm done playing it safe."

by Anonymousreply 12707/10/2013

I'd like him to move to "Nashville" and get it on with Chris Carmack's character, Will. And I want Gunnar to get wicked jealous: "Bitch, I had him first."

by Anonymousreply 12807/10/2013

They're talking about him on Wendy Williams as I type.

by Anonymousreply 12907/11/2013

[quote]His long list of many (ridiculous) names will come back to hurt his career

How?

by Anonymousreply 13007/11/2013

I really can't believe DL is trashing this guy. Good god, you lot are a bunch of losers.

by Anonymousreply 13107/11/2013

Wendy was gushing over him.

by Anonymousreply 13207/11/2013

The things I would do to that ass....

by Anonymousreply 13307/11/2013

Wendy liked it but said country music wasn't ready yet.

It was because of seeing this segment on her show, though, that I checked out the video.

by Anonymousreply 13407/12/2013

He's cute, and yes, the ass is huge for a white guy. Quality nipples too. I'm not digging the nosejob, though.

by Anonymousreply 13507/12/2013

The underwear model (not country singer) performing a cover of Lil Wayne's "How To Love."

by Anonymousreply 13607/13/2013

How many of you have bought the single?

by Anonymousreply 13707/14/2013

R136-

O

M

F

G

The camera LOVES this guy almost as much as he loves he camera.

Good for him. I hope he gets enough cash to go the "no-label" route like Macklemore (and I would love to see both of them do a song...together) and make bank.

Less than 2 weeks, nearly 2M YouTube views...this guy is a star.

by Anonymousreply 13807/14/2013

[quote]He's not a good singer

Clean out your ears, grandpa!

by Anonymousreply 13907/14/2013

R139-

He's no George Michael or Dwight Reginald but he's better than most.

by Anonymousreply 14007/14/2013

When you go by the name Finn Diesel, you've definitely done gay porn.

by Anonymousreply 14107/15/2013

R141-

If he had, it would be revealed already.

by Anonymousreply 14207/15/2013

I agree with R142 -- if he had done gay porn, it would have been reported immediately after he released this video. Just the way the porn past of the other guy in the video was.

He's new to most people, but he's been modeling for about four years. If anyone was aware of porn in his past, they would have spilled the beans by now.

by Anonymousreply 14307/15/2013

Photos from his modeling days are all over Tumblr and we know if there was some dick smoking out there, they'd fire it up.

by Anonymousreply 14407/16/2013

I'm happy he's getting some noteriety.

by Anonymousreply 14507/16/2013

Me too, R145

12 days, nearly 1.5M YouTube views...I have a feeling that some big names are trying to court him.

I hope he hooks up with somebody small (label-wise) and stays independent.

by Anonymousreply 14607/16/2013

Is Donovan from Sean Cody Steve Grand? What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 14707/18/2013

They do look a lot alike, R147, but they're not the same guy. Grand has a bigger penis.

by Anonymousreply 14807/18/2013

r147 I think you may be right. It is obvious Steve Grand has had a boatload of work done on his face, but the ears seem to be VERY similar. I think that this may actually be him. Wouldn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 14907/18/2013

R147 is not correct. They have similar looks in the sense that anyone with dark hair and dark eyes does but things like the eyebrows & nose are different & STeve Grand has more of a smoldering look. They're not the same person. And the modeling pictures of Steve Grand are from 2009 so not sure when he was supposed to have work done Did he get work done in 2009, undo the work in 2011 which is where this porn shoot was done & then go back to his face in 2013. It makes little sense.

In fact not sure why R149 is imagining him getting a boatload of work done. He's from a small area in Lemont, IL. He had to leave college in Nashville because he had no money. He's worked at a Jazz bar & works at 4 different churches to get money. He's said he made almost no money off the modeling photos & used all his money to finance a video. This is not some celebrity that can afford a boat load of plastic surgery as implied by R149.

Seems like someone is trying to start nasty rumors to try to derail this guy.

by Anonymousreply 15007/18/2013

r149 here. Really not trying to derail Steve Grand at all, as a matter of fact I bought the download of the song! I want him to succeed big time. The video reminds me of my past crushes on straight guys and the pain that goes along with them. I should have said it looks like he had a boatload of work done on his face...I don't know the guy but something about his face looks plastic to me. And this is DataLounge, I thought this site was all about pointless gay bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 15107/18/2013

What ever happened to Max Grand? Nobody could deep throat like he could.

by Anonymousreply 15207/18/2013

I don't think that Steve looks like he has had any work done on his face at all, and while he and Donovan from SC look somewhat vaguely similar, they are not the same guy.

by Anonymousreply 15307/18/2013

very cute

by Anonymousreply 15407/18/2013

Is he masculine?

by Anonymousreply 15507/18/2013

R156-

I just trolldar'd you on another thread because of your odious and hateful posts.

Funny that you should be here too.

Are you just a hateful cunt, or do you just hate gay people.

by Anonymousreply 15707/19/2013

Some jerk from called Kevin Griffin wrote an obnoxious article at examiner.com criticising Steve Grand for no particular reason other than he's jealous of him. There was a whole bunch of negative comments but these have all been deleted and no more comments can be added (at present, don't know if they will change this later).

I'd never heard of Kevin Griffin, but he's obviously full of shit and doesn't like the idea that another gay man from Chicago is getting more praise than him.

by Anonymousreply 15807/19/2013

They've restored the comments. Here is a typical example of the moronic criticism by this Kevin Griffin fool:

"His video is a dangerous misrepresentation of what historically has happened when a gay man tries to get a straight man drunk to hit on him. How will you feel if some gay youth sees this video and tries to ply a straight friend with a bottle of whiskey and gets his skull bashed in?"

by Anonymousreply 15907/19/2013

That guy Kevin Griffin sounds like a complete jerk.

by Anonymousreply 16007/19/2013

r159: Griffin's over-the-top sputtering schoolmarm finger-waving invective is rather funny...but I can't disagree with his point you posted.

And I think Steve Grands comments about his 'conversion' therapist is rather disconcerting.

by Anonymousreply 16107/19/2013

Can he get radio airplay?

by Anonymousreply 16207/22/2013

[quote]Can he get radio airplay?

Probably not. Clear Channel/et al owned stations won't play anything not approved by a media consultant. And they likely won't approve a song from a previously unknown, openly gay singer with no record label contract.

by Anonymousreply 16307/22/2013

Re R161 I think it's very common for someone who's had a bad thing done to them, like this ex gay therapy, by someone he cares for very much like his parents, to rationalize it as not being all that bad. He thinks someone who loves him wouldn't try to harm him. YOu can tell by his interviews that he's very excited that his mom has turned around and become so supportive of his career and him being gay. I think he's trying to not rock the boat and be too harsh in his criticism because that would lead to backlash against her.

I also think he's still coming to terms with it. In that interview I do believe he said he was suicidal at one point.

Gay people don't think the same on every issue. I think Steve Grand is being slammed in that article for being honest and not subscribing to group think. I guess if he ever gets famous maybe he'll start saying the 'right acceptable thing." But in the meantime it would be nice if people actually wait until he becomes successful before trying to tear him down.

by Anonymousreply 16407/22/2013

[quote]Can he get radio airplay?

Not with this shitty song.

by Anonymousreply 16507/22/2013

[quote]Not with this shitty song.

Like they haven't played worse?

by Anonymousreply 16607/22/2013

So, I read that incredibly long interview with him on the boyculture blog, and I had to do a double-take when I read his comments about his ex-gay conversion "therapist":

[quote]I will never, ever, ever, ever speak poorly of my therapist. I haven’t spoken to him in a lotta years, um, but I love that man, and he’s a good man, and I would never say anything bad about him.

I wonder how many lives this "good man" has completely destroyed with his "therapy"?

by Anonymousreply 16707/23/2013

You can have a huge career as a country artist and be out and gay....said Chelly Wright from a iowa walmart she was performing at.

by Anonymousreply 16807/23/2013

I don't think he'll stick strictly to country. But it looks like he's found some work. This is on his facebook page:

"Hello everyone! I'm excited to tell you that I'm playing a set at San Diego IndieFest 8 at 5:15 PM on August 17th, immediately before folk legend, Ferron, takes the stage. This will be my first time performing in California, and I'll be playing some new original songs. Hope to see some of you there!

Oh, and I'll be collaborating with Danielle LoPresti & The Masses and rapper, Kellee Maize, later that evening! We're doing a really personal and (hopefully) meaningful rendition of ♥ Jill Scott ♥'s "Hate on Me"!"

by Anonymousreply 16907/23/2013

Too bad it's a fake...

by Anonymousreply 17007/24/2013

I really like Steve's voice- and I think he has a great ass! The lyrics of "All-American Boy" were kind of bad, however.

by Anonymousreply 17107/26/2013

He's so hot but you know he's a total bottom.

by Anonymousreply 17609/07/2013

The underwear model with a series of rotating stage names was the guest bartender on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen tonight.

Andy Cohen also buys into the marketing push because he referred to Grand as a country star.

by Anonymousreply 17809/25/2013

He is beautiful and talented and I wish him luck. It is hard to give credit to his soul searching about coming out when the beefcake/twunk shots were already out there.

by Anonymousreply 18009/25/2013

The picture of Grand is hot. Your obsession with worshiping some ideal of masculinity and fear and hatred of feminine as nasty shows that you harbor serious emotional issues. Sadly not uncommon among gay men.

by Anonymousreply 18311/02/2013

am I the only one who thinks he look like he's missing a chromosone?

by Anonymousreply 18411/02/2013

So, does anyone know what his rates were for in/out when he was a prostitute?

Because he was.

by Anonymousreply 18611/02/2013

Was he? That that I would find it that surprising but never heard that before, though I don't follow him that closely. What makes you believe that?

Lol, though truth be told a lot his modeling pics look like advertisements for escorting.

by Anonymousreply 18711/02/2013

R178 wow I really hope Grand didn't let Cohen fuck him after the show...

by Anonymousreply 18811/02/2013

The only thing keeping you and your ilk from "identifying as such," R189 R181, is your own fucked-up thinking. It has NOTHING to do with the rest of us.

But thanks for the pic, if not your commentary.

by Anonymousreply 19111/02/2013

What does that have to do with being openly gay?

If someone is openly gay are you only supposed to only fawn over them and be cheerleader fangirls while never discussing anything critical? That is a joke. It doesn't matter who you are, no one should ever be treated that way.

God you must work with celebrities R189, they are the only people that live in a world where they need everyone to be a "yes man" and only fawn over them.

by Anonymousreply 19211/02/2013

He looks...special.

by Anonymousreply 19511/02/2013

"What makes you believe that?"

Because three people told me.

by Anonymousreply 19911/02/2013

Are there any "trans women" on this thread? I'm not even sure which one that is.

by Anonymousreply 20011/02/2013

So, nobody's had him?

by Anonymousreply 20111/04/2013

Gays only care for Steve Grand because he is HOT. If Steve Grand was fat and/or ugly, gays would not care for him.

by Anonymousreply 20311/04/2013

You're right, R203. I thought the first song was pretty good, musically speaking, but the second was not as good. I didn't buy it.

by Anonymousreply 20411/04/2013

R203 I think that goes for every single guy in the world.

by Anonymousreply 20511/04/2013

The power of having a nice set of abs R211, good for him I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 21203/30/2014

I'm glad he never HAPPENED!

by Anonymousreply 21304/01/2014

[quote]Steve raised over $325,000 in his Kickstarter campaign to finance his music.

Good for him. Cuz he ain't gettin' any money from us.

by Anonymousreply 21606/07/2014

Sadly, he's another one-hit-wonder.

by Anonymousreply 21909/02/2014

[quote] Sadly, he's another one-hit-wonder.

Hit -what hit? He had a shirtless video on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 22009/02/2014

I find it hard to believe that he played Pride festivals all summer long and no one we know slept with him. Is he celibate?

by Anonymousreply 22109/02/2014

Steve Grand just did the ice bucket challenge - nude, of course.

by Anonymousreply 22209/02/2014

With his hand over his dick, of course.

by Anonymousreply 22309/02/2014

[quote]Is he celibate?

Snort. Weren't there lots of talk going around that he used to be available for purchase? Look at how much he enjoys advertising his body, even if he never sold it he clearly likes to fuck around.

by Anonymousreply 22409/02/2014

His song was embarrassingly bad, as was the video. His shtick consists solely on taking his shirt off.

by Anonymousreply 22509/03/2014

Steve Grand does the ALS thing, he looks hot, but at least when Dan Osborne did it naked he let you see his ass.

by Anonymousreply 22609/07/2014

Steve "Yes I look like a porn star" Grand does a cover of Elton John's Bennie and the Jets.

by Anonymousreply 22911/04/2014

I can't believe no one has shared his numerous alleged hard cock pics. The guy gets around.

by Anonymousreply 23011/04/2014

And here is Steve's latest new song "Time"

[quote]I can't believe no one has shared his numerous alleged hard cock pics. The guy gets around.

Well hopefully they leak one day. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he leaks some himself if he needs attention (do it Grand...)

by Anonymousreply 23111/04/2014

No hard cock picks yet?

by Anonymousreply 23202/04/2015

Someone did share his hard cock pics two or three years ago. Very nice.

by Anonymousreply 23703/08/2015

Any news?

by Anonymousreply 23903/23/2015

Been listening to his album for a week. I really, really want him to fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 24004/11/2015

He's on the cover of the current LA gay mag "Frontiers." Article titled "His debut has dropped--but don't call it 'country'."

by Anonymousreply 24104/11/2015

Writing down his phone number.

by Anonymousreply 24204/11/2015

He's just a little bit country.

by Anonymousreply 24304/12/2015

Grand package in that blue Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 24404/13/2015
Need more help? Click Here.