Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who Was The Best Catwoman?

Halle Berry was not playing Batman's Catwoman, so she's not included. Anne Hathaway was only referred to as Selina Kyle in "The Dark Knight Rises," never Catwoman. However, Selina Kyle is Catwoman regardless, so Anne made the list.

Choose which one you think was the best, and tell us why you chose them.

Also, who should play Catwoman next?

by Anonymousreply 2107/11/2013

Tabitha Coffey should play the next Catwoman.

by Anonymousreply 107/03/2013

Waiting for Sean Young to chime in.

by Anonymousreply 207/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 307/03/2013

Is there even a contest?!

by Anonymousreply 407/03/2013

Anne Hathaway was the best part of that last Batman.

by Anonymousreply 507/03/2013

Eartha Kitt. She LOOKED feline!

by Anonymousreply 607/04/2013

She LOOKED black!

by Anonymousreply 707/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 807/04/2013

Either Miss Earth Kitt (puuuuur!), Miss Julie Newmar or Sean Young.

by Anonymousreply 907/04/2013

Tough call, OP, but I had to go with the lovely and talented Julie Newmar. She beat Eartha Kitt by a whisker.

by Anonymousreply 1007/04/2013

How many episodes was Eartha Kitt in?

by Anonymousreply 1107/04/2013

I voted for Lee. She's the one who stands out most in my memory. Michelle was too crazy--I always thought her performance was overrated. I thought Anne was terrific.

Mila Kunis could make a good Catwoman.

by Anonymousreply 1207/04/2013

I haven't a clue who was the best, but I did work on a show many years ago with Lee Meriwether, and she was without doubt one of the sweetest, nicest most charming people I've ever known.

by Anonymousreply 1307/04/2013

For looks, Julie Newmar. That woman was a goddess. Something like 6'1" in heels. For acting, Michelle Pfeiffer hands down.

by Anonymousreply 1407/04/2013

The really good Catwomen (Newmar, Kitt & Pfeiffer) brought something fresh and different to their respective roles.

Julie played Catwoman as a sexy, playful kitten who would eventually kill Batman by swatting him around too much, like a mouse. Julie was tall, fit and really used her body like you would see a cat stretching itself out or lounging about.

Eartha played her Catwoman as a very aggressive tigress. Her color had a lot to do with that choice since all romantic banter had to be removed. She was short and used her body like a cat who is always crouching and ready to pounce.

Michelle played her Catwoman like a schizophrenic kitty. You know the type, you are stroking their coat one minute and they are purring and next thing you know they turn on you and sink their claws in. Her costume was incredible and by far the sexiest. Notice how she has her skin covered the most yet is far sexier than the Berry costume which exposed the most. The whip also added a whole new dimension.

Anne and Lee were just bland Catwomen. Women wearing a Catwoman costume. Not much thought went into it.

Halle was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 1507/04/2013

Michelle, obviously. Is this a joke?

by Anonymousreply 1607/04/2013

Where is Halle Berry?

by Anonymousreply 1707/04/2013

Julie was probably the best, but Eartha was by far the most feline.

by Anonymousreply 1807/04/2013

R17, Halle Berry played A Catwoman, not THE Catwoman.

by Anonymousreply 1907/05/2013

No love for Adrienne Barbeau?

by Anonymousreply 2007/05/2013

[quote]Mila Kunis could make a good Catwoman.

It's really funny that you bring up Kunis, because she was the most ridiculous, the most bizarre choice to play the Wicked Witch of the West. She cannot act. Hathaway was such a boring choice to play Selina Kyle. These two castings were weird. A relatively unknown should have been cast as Selina Kyle, and an actual woman, not Meg from "Family Guy," should have taken the WWW role.

That being said, Anne wasn't terrible, but she didn't have a lot to do. Nolan did not want Catwoman in the film. It was his brother that demanded it. Nolan cannot direct women. At least they redeemed the character after Berry's stinkaroo.

Pfeiffer's Catwoman is iconic and really set the bar for female comic book action heroes that came later in cinema. She also had the biggest impact in terms of how the character was presented in the comics and the award-winning animated television series. They actually modeled the character after her, changing the character's brunette hair to blond. Catwoman got her own comic book series thanks to Pfeiffer, which is still running today. Books were also written. She was so popular that they were all set to do a spin-off. Pfeiffer wanted Burton. The script was horrible, and time passed. When it finally happened, Berry took the role after Ashley Judd dropped out.

Pfeiffer should have been given an Oscar. Burton's version = Frank Miller, who reimagined the character in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 2107/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!