Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Janelle Monae's latest video is even queerer than the last one.

And yes, I mean queer as in Gay!!!

She's singing to an audience of crazed female fans and letting them grope her. This is the typical teenage boy band heartthrob musical fantasy played out by a black woman. It's fantastic.

I love her style. I love her gender bending. I love her everything.

by Anonymousreply 1307/03/2013

That was SO GAY. She really is hiding in plain sight.

And I don't think I realized how beautiful she is until now. She's fucking gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 107/02/2013

I don't know if she's hiding exactly. A recent article referred to her as queer and the lyrics in QUEEN pretty much state that she likes girls.

by Anonymousreply 207/02/2013

Isn't she a Prince protégé? If so, that explains the queerness.

by Anonymousreply 307/02/2013

Catchy tune. Who's going to perform this number on Glee this season?

by Anonymousreply 407/02/2013

I can respect her. Even thought she doesn't say "I'm gay" she doesn't try to hide it or deny it with this "I dont' talk about my private life" bullshit.

She is open with her own version of her image. She dances with girls in this video. She's clearly playing the queer game.

I know where she grew up too. A rough area of KC Kansas . I think her family and probably any positive support group were deeply religious.

To be queer and super-smart and super gifted in a small urban, religious, midwestern community isn't easy.

More power to her.

by Anonymousreply 507/03/2013

[quote]Isn't she a Prince protégé? If so, that explains the queerness.

Um, no. Her queerness is her own.

by Anonymousreply 607/03/2013

stupid and uninformed, R3.

by Anonymousreply 707/03/2013

She is awesome

by Anonymousreply 807/03/2013

gorgeous in every way

by Anonymousreply 907/03/2013

Janelle is the best.

by Anonymousreply 1007/03/2013

Love Janelle.

by Anonymousreply 1107/03/2013

Gorgeous, talented, original...what's not to love? I think she's criminally under-appreciated.

Sort of sorry not to see her in her tux...it's a tribute to her parents, who worked in the service industry.

by Anonymousreply 1207/03/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll #11 removed (violent racist homophobic right-wing misogynist), ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 1307/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.