Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Milky Loads

Anyone noticed that issues that affect him directly are of supreme importance (HIV ban, Green Card issues for same sex parners), but if they're Other Peoples' Problems, then it's "just too bad" (same sex couples in non-marriage states, those without health insurance)?

by Anonymousreply 4807/24/2013

Yes, he's a typical conservative in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 107/02/2013

Did he turn you down for the Intern job, OP? Better luck next time.

by Anonymousreply 207/02/2013

R2= new intern. Slurp.

by Anonymousreply 307/02/2013

That's like asking if anybody noticed Andrew gazing at his navel (which has conveniently popped out like one of those turkey cooking indicators) and then writes about it because his life and his problems are sooooooooo universal.

by Anonymousreply 407/02/2013

Typical rich bougie white middle aged gay man.

It's all about me, and none for you. And bring me a new houseboy, the old one displeases me. ((clap clap))

by Anonymousreply 507/03/2013

Smart people try not to notice this sociopath at all costs, but DL groupies must must MUST post a thread about his every mental fart.

by Anonymousreply 607/03/2013

His loads were not milky, by the way. There were congealed and resembled oxidized lemon curd. Would that they would have smelled like lemon curd.

by Anonymousreply 707/03/2013

Sullivan is not a sociopath. It's so tiresome when that word is misused.

by Anonymousreply 807/03/2013

He does care about health care and other issues.

by Anonymousreply 907/03/2013

The Sullivan hater here needs a good therapist.

by Anonymousreply 1007/03/2013

Amen R10 our troll must have seen Sullivan getting TV air time because of the rulings and it pissed him off.

by Anonymousreply 1107/03/2013

What exactly did he say about gay couples in non-marriage states?

by Anonymousreply 1207/03/2013

I mentioned health care as for the longest time he was vehemently anti-single-payer, while he had great benefits himself. I give him credit for recently opining that single payer may be the only viable options to contain costs.

by Anonymousreply 1307/03/2013

How has David "Dominique Devereaux" Ehrenstein not surfaced in this thread yet?

by Anonymousreply 1407/03/2013

I actually heard an interview with him on NPR. He was talking about his new book where he interviewed and studied the different "tribes" created by different types of people- the deaf, midgets, parents of kids with down syndrome, etc. He sounded very compassionate and interested in other people's problems.

I was surprised because I'd only heard negative things about AS here.

by Anonymousreply 1507/03/2013

In his glow of the decision, when asked about the non-marriage state folks' situation, he expressed no real empathy for their frustration, but sounded almost Republican with something like "it's a state matter now (I've got mine in NY and MA!) ..."

by Anonymousreply 1607/03/2013

He's occasionally readable, but totally repellant.

How is his pay wall column doing?

by Anonymousreply 1707/03/2013

R15. you're thinking of Andrew Solomon.

by Anonymousreply 1807/03/2013

This thread SHOULD have been titled - "I STILL want Andrew Sullivan DEAD" - we get it troll. Why not have the maximum amount of fun by devising 101 delightful ways to torture him.

by Anonymousreply 1907/04/2013

Actually, I agree with Sully on some things, but find him annoying in his elitism, which is why I posted this thread. I'm not the troll you think I am.

by Anonymousreply 2007/04/2013

You girls let strangers have far too much influence on your life. Be your own person and lead by example.

by Anonymousreply 2107/04/2013

Actually, r7, it is my observation that only the young come in chunks.

by Anonymousreply 2207/04/2013

The title of your thread gives you away, OP. You are indeed the troll we think you are.

by Anonymousreply 2307/04/2013

[quote]I'm not the troll you think I am.

You knew that "Milky Loads" would attract Sully haters. Don't expect us to fall for your "not the troll" bullcrap, Troll.

by Anonymousreply 2407/04/2013

Mobility scooter detectives will always expose you OP. (ignore them)

by Anonymousreply 2507/04/2013

I never heard of "Milky Loads" until I opened this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2607/04/2013

The Most Influential Public Intellectual Of The Past 25 Years?

Doesn’t Andrew Sullivan have a reasonably strong claim to that title, especially after the recent Supreme Court decisions on gay marriage? Sullivan was the dominant intellectual influence on this issue, from the late 1980s on, and that is from a time where other major civil liberties figures didn’t give gay marriage much of a second thought, one way or the other, or they wished to run away from the issue.

(more at link)

by Anonymousreply 2707/04/2013

r27, you jest.

by Anonymousreply 2807/04/2013

I stopped reading his blog, which I'd read for years, after Maggie Thatcher kicked the bucket. Although I'm very liberal, Sullivan's conservative views didn't usually bother me too much as he wasn't conservative about everything and I enjoyed the broad nature of the subjects he covered. I had even signed up as a paying subscriber to his new blog.

That changed with his paeans to dead Maggie and related frequent digs at the liberals who abhorred that destructive cunt and didn't pretend to mourn her. It turned me off so much I became a former reader.

by Anonymousreply 2907/04/2013

I wish I had accomplished as much as he has at this point in my life. Sullivan has a unique perspective that conservatives, catholics and evangelicals can learn from if they are willing to listen. It's really that audience he is most effective with. There are some gay people that hate him for some reason, but that really doesn't have any effect on him reaching these groups. He has been bravely advocating gay marriage in the media for a very long time. We owe him for that.

by Anonymousreply 3007/04/2013

He's a disgusting human being. His people are posting here, trying to puff him up.

by Anonymousreply 3107/04/2013

R31 is being discussed in another thread.

by Anonymousreply 3207/04/2013

I posted just before you R31. I have never met Sullivan, I don't know him and have only seen him on TV and on the web. I really don't have a dog in this hunt, I just think we should be fair. You can hate him all you want, it's your right. I think hate is a very negative emotion and reflects on a person's soul.

by Anonymousreply 3307/04/2013

Lame, R32. Andrew needs to pay you better. If he did, you might use your brain more.

by Anonymousreply 3407/04/2013

R31 - R34 also thinks every mention of McDonald's, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, and Wendy's is done by a paid shill.

(Oops! I just posted four more names that will help pay my rent this month.)

by Anonymousreply 3507/04/2013

Sullivan's people are all over this thread. In the past, we very rarely had anyone defend him, much less with stupid attempts like R32. The Log Cabinites are definitely congregating here today.

by Anonymousreply 3607/04/2013

I used the header "Milky Loads" as that seems to be a nickname for him here. Moreover, at the time he was seeking those out, he was apparently quite adamant on FIT GUYS ONLY, so now that he's an old goat, his pickiness comes back to haunt him.

by Anonymousreply 3707/04/2013

[quote]I used the header "Milky Loads" as that seems to be a nickname for him here.

While your nickname seems to be "Troll" so that puts you on an equal scale. Your denial of being a troll falls apart in view of your post at R37.

by Anonymousreply 3807/04/2013

He's a darling, he's a demon, he's a lamb.

by Anonymousreply 3907/04/2013

What does he think of Anthony Altimore's guide to P-town?

by Anonymousreply 4007/04/2013

R40 -- M. L. has said he's growing tired of PTown, not sure how much longer he'll be going there ...

by Anonymousreply 4107/04/2013

The moron at R36 ran off to another thread to announce that I'm "a Republican defending Andrew Sullivan in other threads." The fool thinks that pointing out that OP is a troll is defending Sullivan. R 36 obviously a product of the dumbed-down education system in the U.S. and failed reading comprehension every year since 4th grade.

by Anonymousreply 4207/04/2013

"R36 obviously a product of the dumbed-down..."

Hilarious, dear. You can't even string a sentence together.

by Anonymousreply 4307/04/2013

Obvious anger management issues for you, R42.

by Anonymousreply 4407/04/2013

Any updates on how things are going with his hubby's career, his adjustment to life in NYC, that kind of thing?

by Anonymousreply 4507/21/2013

I wonder when that idiot is going to grow a brain re: WTC

by Anonymousreply 4607/21/2013

[quote]Anyone noticed that issues that affect him directly are of supreme importance

I noticed the same thing about Nate Berkus. He's always writing about furniture, colors, and interior design. And don't get me started about Martha Stewart always going on about food, and party decorations. Why do people do that?

by Anonymousreply 4707/24/2013

And have you seen how he signs his articles with his name? I think I remember a cartoon illustration for him as well. He is so self obsessed. It's unbearable. He has a messiah complex and is always trying to change things - where do you get off, boy!

by Anonymousreply 4807/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!