Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you like facial hair?

I abhor hair of any kind but especially facial hair. I think it makes men look really ugly; I think it's been equated with masculinity in the past but oh my god, it makes guys look so dirty and icky. Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 8708/26/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 107/02/2013

I love the shaves-twice-a-week look, but generally find a full moustache and beard unsexy. There are exceptions, to be sure (Colby Keller comes to mind).

by Anonymousreply 207/02/2013

HATE IT

by Anonymousreply 307/02/2013

Beards are very trendy now. In a few years the vogue will be clean shaven.

by Anonymousreply 407/02/2013

I don't like Henry Cavill bearded. He looks like any Joe Schmoe on any cul-de-sac in Flyovia with a beard. Without, he's (almost) worth starting a dozen threads over.

I wish Jake would shave. I wish Jake would let me shave him. I don't think I could finish it without coming.

by Anonymousreply 507/02/2013

OP = Peter Pan

by Anonymousreply 607/02/2013

I stopped shaving on my 42nd birthday, and have never looked back.

by Anonymousreply 707/02/2013

hey OP why don't you just shut the fuck up and move to China problem solved!

by Anonymousreply 807/02/2013

It looks hot on Justin Bieber

by Anonymousreply 907/02/2013

Your reaction is a little strong, OP. I think your issues may be showing.

by Anonymousreply 1007/02/2013

Yes, that's why I go to MichFest.

by Anonymousreply 1107/02/2013

"Icky"?

Oh, hon.

by Anonymousreply 1207/02/2013

hmmm for me, facial hair on a guy depends on his face. Some guys look hot with it, others don't. The other thing is IT NEEDS TO BE KEPT NEAT!! Trim that damn thing down. If the hair is too long or thick, that's not hot and doesn't feel good. 1 time I got rimmed by a guy who let his beard grow and it did not feel good. That hair was itchy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 1307/02/2013

I love it.

by Anonymousreply 1407/02/2013

Thoughts? Grow up OP. You sound like a teen-age girl.

by Anonymousreply 1507/03/2013

Love facial hair on most guys, thought not too long. So masculine and sexy. I keep a trim beard myself, I wish it would grow in thicker. I like all body hair. Facial hair and body hair can make an Average Joe extremely sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1607/03/2013

Definitely a huge fan of facial hair. I love that all the young guys are into it and wearing beards again. I like clean shaven, too, but a mustache, goatee or full beard all turn me on. I think it's just a personal preference thing.

by Anonymousreply 1707/03/2013

Mmmmmmm, yes!

by Anonymousreply 1807/04/2013

It really depends on the wearer. Some men have faces that are nicely framed by a beard, especially if they have nice cheekbones. It can be incredibly sexy. Also, some men have beards that don't come in well; the hair is a bad texture or the growth is patchy or inconsistent. They should avoid. Keeping it neatly trimmed and the mustache out of the lips is a must.

by Anonymousreply 1907/04/2013

On most men I really like neatly trimmed facial hair. Moustache, beard, goatee....like them all

by Anonymousreply 2007/04/2013

I don't mind it.

by Anonymousreply 2107/04/2013

I like scruff. Can't stand hipster beards. Fucking hipsters.

by Anonymousreply 2207/04/2013

[quote]Can't stand hipster beards

WTF is a "hipster beard"? Is it a type of beard that has never before been in existence? Something new? Please, enlighten me.

by Anonymousreply 2307/05/2013

OP is delusional.

Men with scruff are WAY sexier than smooth/shaved men. Ditto chest hair.

Unruly grown-out beards are gross, but nicely trimmed, short, and/or 5 o'clock shadow scruff are sexy as hell.

That said, I think balls and asses should be as smooth as possible (along with backs and upper arms).

by Anonymousreply 2407/05/2013

OP? Did it occur to you that many of us might have facial hair? Or did you imagine you were addressing a convention of The Hairless Fembots Society of America, sponsored by Nair?

That said, everyone has their preferences. Naturally smooth guys are great, but they are not "hairless". I think most guys look good in their natural state, but if you're particularly hairy, a little trim is a good thing. Male bodies where every hair has been removed looks and feels unnatural. Stubble is worse.

Facial hair is fine as long as it is groomed and trimmed to some degree (not necessarily clipper-short) and follows a traditional beard pattern. I can't stand those weirdos who carve their beard up into angular sideburns and triangular goatees with weird indents and shaved patterns.

by Anonymousreply 2507/05/2013

[quote]Thoughts? Grow up OP. You sound like a teen-age girl.

That was the point.

by Anonymousreply 2607/06/2013

Yes. I prefer a little scruff or a nice well-trimmed beard.

Hate hipster facial hair, neck-beards, moustache-only, or soul-patch-only.

This is pretty nice:

by Anonymousreply 2708/19/2013

I always HATED shaving, so my 42nd birthday present to myself was that from then on, I'd never shave again. I pay my barber to trim my beard.

by Anonymousreply 2808/19/2013

My beard is now 5" long.

I got stopped in a store recently by an old guy, maybe 75+, and he pronounced my beard, "Magnificent!"

So … fuck all y'all.

by Anonymousreply 2908/19/2013

r27, that is the facial hair I like. It helps that that that guy is very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 3008/19/2013

I tell Sarah Jessica she has to shave every day.

by Anonymousreply 3108/19/2013

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 3208/19/2013

Here's a Tumblr -- go nuts.

Something for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 3308/19/2013

Not my thing. But to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 3408/19/2013

I think that is quite possible that I very well may fuck any man with a nice beard. And I mean a real beard, not that pussy shit at R27. More like R32.

Thank you R33!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3508/19/2013

I prefer clean-shaved face or the photo at r27. R32 and r33 disgust me.

However, I don't mind a guy hairy on his upper arms, chest, balls or ass. Just his face should be shaved, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 3608/19/2013

I think it's really ugly. I hate seeing celebrities with stubble on their faces. It's going on all the time. For example NATE BERKUS. Can someone show him how to use a razor? And then Kimmel and Jimmy Fallen were on sporting face hair.

I think men who are paranoid and/or feel threatened about their masculinity are growing facial hair to try to look "manly" or macho.

It really looks like SLOB. Men should shave every day to present themselves as well-groomed. Men who don't shave are sterotypical BUMS.

The "Bum Look."

by Anonymousreply 3708/19/2013

Raggly-ass facial hair (Duck Dynasty, ZZ Top) is disgusting but it seems to be all the "rage" with idiots nowadays.

Nasty.

by Anonymousreply 3808/19/2013

r37,r38 you must be a women. Shaving has got to be one of the most hated activities for men. I know, because I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 3908/19/2013

Love the looks at R14 and R32.

R37 you sound like a moron. I understand guys who don't like facial hair, but your post reeks of ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 4008/19/2013

R37 - that's one of the most ridiculous posts I have read here in a long time. And that's saying a lot!

I agree with R38, the long, scraggly unkempt beards aren't so hot. The one at R32 is about as long as I, personally, like. It helps that it's attached to a hot guy. Then again, if a guy is "homely", a beard will take a "4" to a solid "7" in my book.

I think people somehow think beards to be dirty, smelly, whatever. Not at all! The nice beards are sexy, and smell like a walk in the forest!

by Anonymousreply 4108/19/2013

OP = in desperate need of testosterone injections.

by Anonymousreply 4208/19/2013

If you don't like yours feel free to swap jaw with me. I can't grow any and have a royal case of beard envy.

by Anonymousreply 4308/19/2013

Party down, Garth!

by Anonymousreply 4408/19/2013

Here's an example, although I'm sure many of you won't like him either way.

Same guy, but IMO much hotter with facial hair.

PS: this is the same guy from R32.

by Anonymousreply 4508/20/2013

With the hair he looks like a homeless man.

by Anonymousreply 4608/20/2013

Just finished reading this thread and the ignorance is astounding.

[quote]With the hair he looks like a homeless man.

[quote] dirty and icky

[quote]Men who don't shave are sterotypical BUMS.

[quote]all the "rage" with idiots nowadays.

Only someone incredibly immature would make statements like those above. If you don't like it, that's a preference, but the remarks are sadly juvenile.

For the record, I find both looks (clean shaven *and* bearded) pretty hot, depending on the guy. I like the guy at R45 MUCH better with facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 4708/20/2013

[quote]With the hair he looks like a homeless man.

One I'd be happy to fuck

by Anonymousreply 4808/20/2013

Yes please..

by Anonymousreply 4908/20/2013

Facial hair makes you look older. Who would want that?

by Anonymousreply 5008/20/2013

R50, some of us don't mind not looking like young, femme twinks. And some of us like fucking guys who look rugged and masculine.

by Anonymousreply 5108/20/2013

No. Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 5208/20/2013

A beard doesn't make one look "rugged and masculine" anymore than being clean shaven makes you look like a twink.

It has more to do with attitude than a brillo pad stuck to your face.

by Anonymousreply 5308/21/2013

[quote] it makes guys look so dirty and icky.

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, men are supposed to be gross. To each their own, but some of us love uncouth redneck men. They're in touch with their inner neanderthal and that's really sexy to a lot of us. I love tats too.

by Anonymousreply 5408/21/2013

Scruff yes.

Long ass, scraggly beards, no way.

Very short, neatly trimmed facial hair (or 5 o'clock shadow) is masculine and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 5508/21/2013

R49 is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 5608/21/2013

OP will be tortured in hell by being sent back to the 1890s.

by Anonymousreply 5708/21/2013

Depends on the guy.

Hot guys look good with anything.

by Anonymousreply 5808/21/2013

Now that I know my scruff is a fem repellant, I'll try to shave less often.

by Anonymousreply 5908/21/2013

So many nelly, hairless prisspots on this thread! Most of you sound an estrogen shot away from fully transitioning.

Besides that, you sound ridiculously old fashioned, and just plain OLD. It's not the 50s anymore. Most guys don't aspire to be square-jawed, clean-cut, corporate-ready everymen who look like they just stepped off the cover of The Saturday Evening Post. Personal style and expression have been definitive components of manhood for decades now. Clutching your pearls and crying out "SLOB!" or "BUM!" at the thought of a bearded man makes you sound ridiculously out of touch. You might as well be railing against wearing "short pants" or forgoing a hat in public.

[quote]I think men who are paranoid and/or feel threatened about their masculinity are growing facial hair to try to look "manly" or macho.

Could you please be more ridiculous? Your post are ludicrous, but they're not quite laugh-out-loud ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 6008/21/2013

There's nothing quite like the feel of 5 o'clock shadow scraping against the rosebud.

by Anonymousreply 6108/21/2013

Guys who like older guys, R50.

by Anonymousreply 6208/21/2013

FWIW I took an informal poll of my straight male friends and asked them if they would consider letting a guy blow them if they didn't know it was a guy.

Invariably, the answer was, "NO!"

When I asked, "Why? It isn't like you'd know it was a guy."

Every single one of them said, "facial hair".

So take that as you will but if you'd like to suck some straight dick, lose the facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 6308/21/2013

[quote]Most guys don't aspire to be square-jawed, clean-cut, corporate-ready everymen who look like they just stepped off the cover of The Saturday Evening Post.

Thank god!!

by Anonymousreply 6408/21/2013

[quote] if you'd like to suck some straight dick..

I prefer the dicks I suck to be gay, like mine.

What a ridiculous post @R63. If the only reason a "straight" guy would not let a guy blow them is facial hair, they're not so straight.

Wow. This thread is full of odd birds.

by Anonymousreply 6508/21/2013

[quote]It really looks like SLOB. Men should shave every day to present themselves as well-groomed. Men who don't shave are sterotypical BUMS.

Can't help thinking that OP and R37 are this guy's asskissers

by Anonymousreply 6608/21/2013

Gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 6708/21/2013

R67 Hot as fuck. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 6808/21/2013

Yes!! Give me a scruffy Arab please!!! But don't try to give a BJ, that beard hurts.

by Anonymousreply 6908/22/2013

[quote]Facial hair makes you look older. Who would want that?

What a stupid question. I'm 45 and don't look my age (fuck off if you don't believe me). I have a weak jaw and a round face so without facial hair I look creepily boyish and moon-faced. Facial hair defines my jaw, masculinizes my features and just makes me look a lot more handsome. And I still don't look my age with it.

Lots of aging guys with sagging jowls, double chins and turkey necks benefit from the camouflage that a beard provides. Guys of all ages with weak jaws or chins also benefit. Honestly, the man whose looks don't improve with decent facial hair are few. I'm not counting straggly or shaggy beards; you have to be able to grow a full beard and keep it trimmed and neat. But most men who can do that look better with facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 7008/22/2013

R70 is right

by Anonymousreply 7108/22/2013

I prefer it. Tall, small, white, black, skinny or fat - the guy is hotter if he has a beard.

by Anonymousreply 7208/22/2013

And I love all the body hair too.

Bummed I wasn't old enough in the 70's when body hair and facial hair ruled the day. I was only 15 in 1978 and was in lust with Barry Gibb, who I jerked off to daily. By the time I hit my 20's, all the guys decided shaving and tweezing was the way to go. And, it hasn't stopped!

by Anonymousreply 7308/22/2013

So, r70, you're saying it's useful for a beard to be like a mask to hide your ugly features behind? Sort of like wearing a paper bag over your head?

And caftans are very slimming.

by Anonymousreply 7408/22/2013

The more hair, the better.

by Anonymousreply 7508/22/2013

Of course, you can show pictures of plenty of hot guys with facial hair. The point is, 95% of them are also hot clean-shaven. And younger-looking.

by Anonymousreply 7608/22/2013

Some men look awful with facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 7708/22/2013

Those who think it's a good idea to cover one's flaws with hair are the ones who will wear comb-overs in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 7808/22/2013

R76, "younger looking" is not the end-all, be-all of looks. You know that, right?

by Anonymousreply 7908/22/2013

No I completely disagree. Love facial hair.

You don't and I do. Many agree with you while many agree with me.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 8008/22/2013

Next.

by Anonymousreply 8108/22/2013

My favorite thing about this thread is how R50 doesn't even realize what an ass he's making of himself with each post.

[quote]So, [R70], you're saying it's useful for a beard to be like a mask to hide your ugly features behind? Sort of like wearing a paper bag over your head?

Does being nasty and juvenile like this make you feel better about your life? You're obviously quite miserable if you spend this much time insulting strangers in a thread about something you claim to hate.

BTW, I'm not ugly. No, you won't believe me and I don't care. I'm 45 and a hot daddy who gets attention from 20-somethings all the time. In fact that's how I found out I was a "hot daddy", because so many young guys would describe me that way. Then I'd have to tell them, after thanking them for the compliment, that I'm really only into guys around my age. So being or even appearing young is not the greatest thing in the world to some of us. Maybe you should broaden your horizons a bit. You sound very sheltered, shallow and naïve.

I find it laughable that you attack me for accentuating my good features and down-playing my bad ones. How asinine can you be? This is what everyone does from the most homely of people to celebrities and models. Are you telling us that you're so perfect and dewy and beautiful that you have no need for grooming or planning a wardrobe? That you look good in anything, anywhere, at any time? You have not a single flaw or body quirk that you'd wish to change or hide or distract from? Is this why you're so disgusted by my admission that I have "a weak jaw and a round face"?

People like you never age well. I've seen it thousands of times in Gayland, the aging pretty boy who can't cope, becomes bitter, desperate and angry. They dye their hair, get bad plastic surgery, dress like 22 year-olds and delude themselves that they're fooling everyone. When its inevitably demonstrated that their freshness date has passed, they really go nasty, every word out of their mouths dripping with condescension, meanness and spite. This is how bitter old queens are made. You seem like you're already well on your way.

Can't wait for your reply to this. You're clearly obsessed with this thread for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 8208/22/2013

R82, I think someone is just calling themselves "r50" to get a response out of the facial hair lovers.

I could be wrong, but nobody is *that* facial hair phobic. Not even me and I really hate beards to the point that I fear them.

by Anonymousreply 8308/22/2013

R50 doth protest too much.

R70/R82 sounds like someone I'd love to know.

by Anonymousreply 8408/22/2013

R83, learn trolldar.

by Anonymousreply 8508/22/2013

LOL R85. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 8608/22/2013

People that don't like facial or body hair, don't like MEN.

by Anonymousreply 8708/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!