Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why Is Hugh Jackman Working So Hard To Prove He's Not Gay?

He even drags out his wife to TV interviews so she can say he's not gay.

by Stevenreply 6511/21/2013

It's business. He's an actor. He can only maintain his leading man star status if the public buys him as straight.

by Stevenreply 107/03/2013

Ditto R1.

by Stevenreply 207/03/2013

He wants to continue to be in movies.

by Stevenreply 307/03/2013

He doesn't realize that at the end of the day, all his gay denials focus on "gay" being a bigger Hugh Jackman topic than any of his films.

When the actor whose apartment overlooked the Jackman's condo, told how Jackman and his "business parter" lived on one floor while Deb and children had a different condo apartment on another floor, it had to cause a huge amount of turmoil in their lives. Maybe that's why he broke up with his partner.

Their matching rings were also a mistake for people who want to hide in a closet.

by Stevenreply 407/03/2013

The rumor is that he's out in his personal life and the reason he won't come out is because he wants to protect his kids from the backlash. It's all bullshit of course, and these drastic efforts to protect the lie make him even more of a coward. He's one of those actors who deserve to be outed by an enterprising reporter.

by Stevenreply 507/03/2013

I don't think he's being very smart about it. R4 is right that the more he talks about how not gay he is the more people will talk about how gay he is.

He'd be much better off if he took a more casual denial approach. He should just laugh, shrug his shoulders and say, "Whatever. Rumours don't bother me." And let his beard/wife and beard/kids fulfill their roles without making such a huge deal about it.

He's never going to convince those of us who know the truth. The best he can hope for is to get the mainstream to stop talking about it so much, or to stop caring.

by Stevenreply 607/03/2013

OP?

You're clearly obsessed by this. How many more threads on this, and on Henry Caville do you intend to post throughout the next few days?

A warning would be polite so that the rest of us can avoid the fucking site since you've apparently been given carte blanche to spam the site with your bullshit.

by Stevenreply 707/03/2013

Why should he come out anyway? Any celebrity who DOES come out immediately incurs the wrath and bitchy criticism of the gay community. Who needs it?

by Stevenreply 807/03/2013

R8 has a point, there is no one the gay community seems to love more than an actor who comes out...for five minutes. Then there is no one the community hates more (except Reichen maybe).

by Stevenreply 907/03/2013

He's a great person and actor, he doesn't need to prove anything.

by Stevenreply 1007/03/2013

I saw a PinkNews report on Hugh's latest denial and it annoyed me so much that I hope someone outs him (if he is indeed gay).

by Stevenreply 1107/03/2013

Maybe - just maybe - he's not gay.

by Stevenreply 1207/03/2013

[quote]Maybe - just maybe - he's not gay.

No truly straight man goes to such great lengths to prove he's straight. He's just ... straight. He lets the facts speak for themselves.

by Stevenreply 1307/03/2013

Nobody is saying he SHOULD come out, r8. The complaint is his constant denials of being gay. He doesn't have the smarts to STFU so that people would stop talking about it every time it hits the news.

by Stevenreply 1407/03/2013

R12=Deb Furness

by Stevenreply 1507/03/2013

Maybe - just maybe - he's not that bright.

by Stevenreply 1607/03/2013

He spends so much time denying it that I'm now convinced that he is a 'mo. I mean, who was even saying he was gay, recently?

by Stevenreply 1707/03/2013

Shakespeare said it best: Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

by Stevenreply 1807/03/2013

he gay

by Stevenreply 1907/03/2013

No straight man of his standing would be married to that ugly frumpy 55 year old chick. I'm sorry.

They're Rock and Phyllis all over again.

by Stevenreply 2007/03/2013

And aren't the kids adopted? come on now!

by Stevenreply 2107/03/2013

Phyllis Gates was quite pretty.

by Stevenreply 2207/03/2013

R20, agree.. it's such a strange coupling and they kinda ping.

by Stevenreply 2307/03/2013

R1, bullshit.

He's a multimillionaire. He doesn't need to 'work', moron. This is about fame and is ego. What you're saying is a justification.

by Stevenreply 2407/03/2013

A few possibilities.

He wants to remain in the closet (in which case he is protesting too much and should try a different tact).

Or he wants to prove that a man can have the personality and proclivities of Hugh Jackman and not be gay.

Or he really isn't paying as much attention to this issue as you are claiming he is.

I tend to think the latter.

by Stevenreply 2507/03/2013

[quote]Or he really isn't paying as much attention to this issue as you are claiming he is.

It's difficult to miss when his constant denials appear on TV gossip shows, gossip magazines, gossip websites, and tabloid newspapers. Perhaps you would be more aware if you would come out of the basement at lease once a month.

by Stevenreply 2607/03/2013

"It's business. He's an actor. He can only maintain his leading man star status if the public buys him as straight."

Oh, really, R1? Did you come up with that theory all by yourself?

Idiot.

by Stevenreply 2807/03/2013

[quote]Oh, really, [R1]? Did you come up with that theory all by yourself?

It's reality, baby. Deal with it.

by Stevenreply 2907/03/2013

R23, the rumor is that she has a boyfriend on the side as well.

by Stevenreply 3007/03/2013

[quote]Because maybe he's tired of the rumors that are not true....

Did you wander in here by mistake? Are you lost?

by Stevenreply 3207/03/2013

R26 - I think you need to look up the definition of the word constant.

by Stevenreply 3307/03/2013

If folks ran around saying I was heterosexual, I know I'd get pretty annoyed.

by Stevenreply 3407/03/2013

Why should he not deny rumors that aren't true. He has not said anything bad about gay people at all. He just says it's not true and tired of the rumors. If someone says i'm straight and I know it's not true and I want it know I would deny it, like I have to deny it to women who hit on me and ask me if I have a girlfriend. I say no, i'm gay. So if something is not true, why just ignored it and don't deny it?

by Stevenreply 3507/03/2013

I dont get why some people are offended he's denying he's gay. Like go get a damn life! He hasnt said a bad thing about gay people at all. He just says he's not gay! He said it was a compliment and if he was he would say so but it's not true! People can't even be classy about denying something.... society and media I tell you....

by Stevenreply 3607/03/2013

If he said I'm not gay and something like ewww or that's disgutsting then I would be pissed but the man has been nothing but supportive to the gay community. Let it go those who have a crush on him.

by Stevenreply 3707/03/2013

Does his former "partner" John Palermo identify as gay? Did John Palermo have to give back the ring when they broke up? When Boy George reported how he saw Hugh Jackman making out with a male, was it John Palermo or someone else?

Does anyone recall the name of the actor who told in a published interview that Hugh and John had a dwelling on one floor of the condo while Deb and the adopted kids had their home on another floor of the building?

by Stevenreply 3807/03/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Stevenreply 3907/03/2013

Deb sees what Hugh does not: that the consensus now worldwide is that he's gay and he will be treated as a gay for the rest of his life regardless of what he and she say. He just doesn't want to admit he's been lying all these years. It's a common thing. Other celebrities have said the same thing, "If I were gay, I'd be out" and then it turns out they knew they were gay and lied about it even when they said that.

by Stevenreply 4007/03/2013

Doesnt he hang out with Travolta and Cruise-to guys who are known for giving elaborate denials about being gay? Maybe they told him that this will keep him in the spotlight if he keeps bringing it up.

by Stevenreply 4107/03/2013

Maybe Jackman is not gay. In the history of show business, there have been hundreds and hundreds of talented, good-looking straight guys who could act, sing, dance and perform in the movies and on stage, i.e., Gene Kelley, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Dean Martin.

Yeah, there are always those closeted guys, but perhaps Hugh Jackman isn't one of them. He could be straight and telling us the truth.

I'm not even sure Tom Cruise is gay. I have always just found him to be creepy and weird. In fact, I would prefer that he's not gay. The straights can have him.

by Stevenreply 4207/03/2013

She really pings and just comes off as a lesbian. I saw her a few years ago in a movie with Gabriel Byrne. Her acting was good but she really gave off a lez vibe. Using her as the reason he is not gay does not work. Quite the opposite.

by Stevenreply 4307/03/2013

Several year ago, I was walking by the theatre he was about to perform in Boy From OZ. I looked-up to a window/dressing room facing the street. and he was shirtless w/chorus boy, also shirtless, embracing. Just sayin'........you tell me.

by Stevenreply 4407/03/2013

Because, believe it or not, If he comes out gay, he will lose status. Yes, He Will!! Deal with it. If he is gay, I'm sure he is banging some boys regularly with his wife's acknowledgment.

Same goes to every other gay who is in the closet.

by Stevenreply 4507/03/2013

R38 Why not just ask Boy George (on twitter) if it was John Palermo or someone else. BG seems like the type who doesn't engage in bullshit and would tell the truth.

by Stevenreply 4607/03/2013

Boy George spoke about Luke Evans strangely going back in the closet in a magazine interview. However a few months later, he's tweeting Evans over working on some songs together. I guess if he has a financial interest in something, he'll cease calling someone on their bullshit.

by Stevenreply 4707/03/2013

I've known plenty of charmingly seductive straight men who love having gay men compliment and get all twitterpated over them....why not, positive attention feels good no matter WHO it comes from...so I wasn't convinced Hugh is anything but straight even after all that eye contact, bearhugging, body lifting and smiling lips coming ever so close to one another. That is HOWEVER until he moved in and kissed the camera lens...I mean that's just WAY to "Marilyn" to be 100% hetero.

Conclusion: Bi.

by Stevenreply 4807/03/2013

He obviously was taking a day off from working so hard to prove he's not gay in THIS clip:

I don't blame him...Ivan Urgant is cute.

He and John Palermo share a similar look and coloring...Hugh certainly seems to have a "type"

by Stevenreply 4907/03/2013

Hugh should take a full page ad out in the New York Times announcing that he's not gay.

by Stevenreply 5007/03/2013

Our lead story tonight:

"Hugh Jackman is not gay."

by Stevenreply 5107/03/2013

"And Hugh Jackman is still not gay."

by Stevenreply 5207/03/2013

"Is Hugh Jackman gay?"

When we return, we'll repeat the same story that Ann Curry gave you last night. But first, this is Today on NBC.

by Stevenreply 5307/03/2013

During his appearance on "The Daily Show", Hugh managed to mention his wife within the first minute of the interview. Really??

by Stevenreply 5409/19/2013

[R5] outing an actor whose business it is to be as marketable to as many consumers as possible is the same imo as revealing private, confidential and commercially sensitive information to a competitor.

And these actors know they don't have to fool every consumer all the time - no, just those who'd take their consumer dollar elsewhere.

Hey but if it weren't for the bigoted and/or unimaginative DL wouldn't be nearly as compelling now would it.

Sorry if this has been said... i didn't get past the fifth reply!

by Stevenreply 5511/21/2013

I think his wife is a dyke. Very unpleasant personality, I feel sorry for Jacky. I think he works nonstop so he can retire early, pay her off and get on with his life.

by Stevenreply 5611/21/2013

The only film he can carry is Wolverine. And even that's debatable. He could come out and still work on Broadway. No one would care.

by Stevenreply 5711/21/2013

Maybe it's his "thing." Like starlets not wearing underwear. It keeps him in the papers. Otherwise he's so boring what else would they write? You can't take two black eyes and a broken rib for Oprah every day of life. The gay thing has legs.

by Stevenreply 5811/21/2013

In the long history of the Hollywood, can anyone name an A-list American actor who has come out as gay while they still had a career going?

Well? Anyone?

by Stevenreply 5911/21/2013

Sorry, should read "In the long history of Hollywood..."

by Stevenreply 6011/21/2013

This thread is months old and you're still discussing it. You are far more invested in saying Hugh Jackman is gay than Hugh Jackman is invested in saying he's not gay.

by Stevenreply 6111/21/2013

[quote]In the long history of the Hollywood, can anyone name an A-list American actor who has come out as gay while they still had a career going?

Well? Anyone?:(quote]

Jodie Foster might very well be the first, r158.

(Cue for all the anti-Foster trolls to claim she's ovah or should have done 10 years ago or as soon as she it puberty. At least she never did the Jackman rounds of press and TV interviews with a beard on her arm. She just kept saying it was none of their fucking business which is what those actors should do if they had balls.)

by Stevenreply 6211/21/2013

Unfortunately R45 is right: in very liberal Hollywood if you're straight you can credibly play anything, but when you're gay you can only credibly play a homo.

by Stevenreply 6311/21/2013

R62 Yes, Jody Foster... but certainly not at the height of her career. And she's a woman. But men? The answer is: "no one".

And it's not going to happen anytime soon.

by Stevenreply 6411/21/2013

Breaking news on E!..."Still not gay Hugh Jackman enjoyed working with that other Intensely Not Gay stud, Jake Gyllenhaal, on their latest movie.

Hugh's wife, Mrs Hugh, was on hand at the premiere to explain about how non-gay everyone still is and how Jake's new beard is lovely.

And his facial hair. Goodnight."

by Stevenreply 6511/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.