Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Jennifer Lawrence's time as "It girl" over?

I'm not talking about whether or not her career is over. It's not. I'm asking do you think her time as the "It girl" is over like Emma Stone's over. I wonder who the next "It girl" is going to be. And wouldn't it be funny if Jennifer Lawrence becomes a has-been after The Hunger Games ends?

by Anonymousreply 3203/22/2014

Get used to it, Lindsay. Jennifer is going to be around for a long time!

by Anonymousreply 107/02/2013

If she doesn't lay off the carbs it'll be over before you can say: "We don't stock size tens, Miss Lawrence."

by Anonymousreply 203/21/2014

She still has two Hunger Game movies coming out so she isn't going anywhere for a while at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 303/21/2014

[quote]She still has two Hunger Game movies coming out so she isn't going anywhere for a while at the very least.

Well, not counting the craft services anyway.

by Anonymousreply 403/21/2014

Isn't she supposedly taking a year off?

by Anonymousreply 503/21/2014

[quote]Isn't she supposedly taking a year off?

And, hopefully a few pounds, too.

by Anonymousreply 603/21/2014

She needs to stop working with David O Russell and Bradley Cooper all the time, that's gotten boring.

I loved her in the Hungar Games movies. WTF was American Hustle. I couldn't even watch the whole thing, I got pissed off with it and switched the DVD off. I got to the scene where Bradley Cooper is at home with ridiculous small pink rollers in his hair, and some old guy was complaining about a fish tank when I gave up. Up until then Jen was only in one scene with Bale.

I think she was too young to be cast as Bale's wife in AH.

by Anonymousreply 703/21/2014

It'll take a lot of calories for anyone to succeed her as the next big thing.

by Anonymousreply 803/21/2014

[quote]I think she was too young to be cast as Bale's wife in AH.

I think she was too full-figured. He could've done better.

Why is Hollywood obsessed with trying to make hot husband/large wife happen?

by Anonymousreply 903/21/2014

WTF is wrong with you people? She is NOT FAT.

by Anonymousreply 1003/21/2014

[quote]WTF is wrong with you people? She is NOT FAT.

Frau alert!

by Anonymousreply 1103/21/2014

I can totally see her going into more interesting Kathy Bates/Shelly Winters type roles. Instead of the latest generic blockbuster.

by Anonymousreply 1203/21/2014

She reminds me of Rosemary Clooney - that sort of everywoman type. Not afraid to just turn up to events in housecoat.

Lawrence is a frau-favourite.

by Anonymousreply 1303/21/2014

She should get married and have a baby.

by Anonymousreply 1403/21/2014

What she needs to do now is find a good stylish and dress to her size.

by Anonymousreply 1503/21/2014

Are you enjoying yourself, R2/4/6/8/9/11/12?

by Anonymousreply 1603/21/2014

In terms of who's getting the most fashion / style attention, I think attention has shifted for the moment (rightfully so) to Lupita as the hot new thing, since she did such an amazing job this season.

Also, to be honest, Jennifer Lawrence kind of soured things up a bit with the attention-seeking behavior during the Oscars ("Look at me! I fell again! I'm going to be kooky while presenting and while someone's giving their speech!") She needs a bit of a break.

But I expect her to be back in our faces when the next Hunger Games comes out, and Lupita doesn't really have the sort of high-profile projects lined up to make her the next big thing of the moment.

by Anonymousreply 1703/21/2014

JL was low-key throughout the awards season.

If anything, the Lupita love is overboard.

by Anonymousreply 1803/21/2014

Jennifer has a New X-Men movie out in May, then the end of the year is the next installment of the Hungar Games, plus she has another movie with David O Russell and Bradley Cooper called Serena. Lots of big projects.

Since 12 Years a Slave Lupita has been seen in Non Stop. Good movie well worth watching but she has very little screen time and only a few lines.

by Anonymousreply 1903/21/2014

I wonder how long Lupita's fame will last. As much as she is on everyone's Favorites list, I don't think she'll sustain her popularity - Hollywood is not exactly awash with roles for black actors.

by Anonymousreply 2003/21/2014

[quote]Frau alert!

And what kind of alert is required for a person who bumps an 8-month-old thread in order to make a series of ultra-lame fat jokes at r2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, and 15?

by Anonymousreply 2103/21/2014

[quote]And what kind of alert is required for a person who bumps an 8-month-old thread in order to make a series of ultra-lame fat jokes at [R2], 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, and 15?

"Fat"?

by Anonymousreply 2203/21/2014

We know you're fat, sweetie; we don't need an alert figure that one out.

by Anonymousreply 2303/21/2014

[quote]We know you're fat, sweetie; we don't need an alert figure that one out.

If you're addressing your comment to Miss Lawrence, please!

by Anonymousreply 2403/21/2014

Are the Hungar games movies filmed in Hungery?

by Anonymousreply 2503/21/2014

J law was never an it girl just an it cow for overweight fraus in the making

by Anonymousreply 2603/21/2014

[quote]If you're addressing your comment to Miss Lawrence, please!

Don't worry, fatty; I was addressing you.

by Anonymousreply 2703/21/2014

Troll-dar reveals the most amazing things on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2803/21/2014

She's actually slimmer than she was a couple years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2903/21/2014

I don't think she's fat. I think that she looks healthy, and lots of females would kill to have her body. She actually has boobs and as ass, while still fairly thin (flat stomach, collarbones sticking-out). She also has pretty long legs. I think her contract with Dior has put her in some not flattering outfits on the red carpet as well. Additionally, I don't find her visage all that special, and she needs some help styling the "new" haircut.

Call me a frau, IDC.

I think her time as the "It" girl is winding down, but since she's in several franchises, she'll still be seen in films. When she says she's "taking a year off," I am guessing that means from any new/additional projects that aren't part of those 2 franchises.

by Anonymousreply 3003/21/2014

R25, prolly a joke, but no. They're filmed near Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 3103/21/2014

She reminds me a little in looks of a young Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 3203/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.