Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Which would you choose: Power or Wealth

If you had to choose between being wealthy like Bill Gates wealthy and being powerful but not quite as wealthy (you are still a millionaire but just not megamillions).

Which would you choose and why?

by Anonymousreply 2207/05/2013

Wealth, I don't really need power. I would just like a nice Japanese garden to sit and contemplate.

by Anonymousreply 107/02/2013

This is a flawed question - Wealth and Power are inextricably tied together. It is not possible to have wealth without power, and all power can be transmuted into wealth through its utilization.

by Anonymousreply 207/02/2013

I'd like some wealth, and feel no need for power. I just want to do my own thing, I feel no need to tell other people what to do.

by Anonymousreply 307/02/2013

Good heavens r3, you must have wandered in here by mistake. I beg of you, leave before the beast eats through to your soul.

by Anonymousreply 407/02/2013

Are you trying to claim Bill Gates is not powerful?!

It is impossible to incredibly wealthy and not be considered a powerful person. Money makes the world go round.

You can have power without a lot of wealth, but you cannot have wealth and not have power.

by Anonymousreply 507/02/2013

Power is more valuable than wealth. Gates is a prisoner subject to continual plots, false friendships, and phyical threats. He's just too dumb to realize it.

by Anonymousreply 607/02/2013

That said I don't much care for either power or wealth (or fame either).

by Anonymousreply 707/02/2013

LOL at r6 giving us the REAL scoop on the dumb Bill Gates.

Do tell us how the intelligence and insight that qualifies you to discern the true nature of Gates' plight has led you to become a poster on a site called Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 807/02/2013

R8, you have no brains. You've been nothing but a spineless follower all your life.

by Anonymousreply 907/04/2013

Perhaps you should Mitt Romney, oh no, forgot, sadly the voters made the choice for him!

by Anonymousreply 1007/05/2013

Wealth.

by Anonymousreply 1107/05/2013

Wealth. You can always buy power!

by Anonymousreply 1207/05/2013

Wealth IS power.

Choose wealth, and you get both.

by Anonymousreply 1307/05/2013

Short answer: being happy.

Wealth and power are not separate things. I'm not sure how "wealth" and "less wealth, but more power" are even comparable. A person with power will accrue wealth and a person with wealth accrues power. There is no such thing as a powerful poor person or a powerless wealthy person.

I love that OP thinks choosing between being a millionaire or a billionaire is a hard choice, or an interesting question.

by Anonymousreply 1407/05/2013

Wealth.

by Anonymousreply 1507/05/2013

Actually health before either. But between the two, wealth. I have no need for power, however I agree that with great wealth comes power, if you choose to use it.

by Anonymousreply 1607/05/2013

With wealth and power comes responsibility, especially to others. I would have trouble sleeping at night wondering how best my circumstances would benefit the world.

by Anonymousreply 1707/05/2013

[12] Of course there is a link between wealth and power, but you cannot buy political office, otherwise Nelson Rockefeller, Ross Perot, Steve Forbes, John Kerry and Mitt Romney would all have won the presidency by a landslide. The only election where wealth possibly brought the presidency was 1960, and that was not JFK's but his father's!

by Anonymousreply 1807/05/2013

R18, you left out your "R", and you don't need to manually type the square brackets.

by Anonymousreply 1907/05/2013

If you couldn't buy political office, nobody would have ever heard of those people HYUFD.

by Anonymousreply 2007/05/2013

Oh yes, wealth had no effect on my election!

by Anonymousreply 2107/05/2013

[R20] Well obviously you would have heard of Perot and Romney in their field as they were successful businessmen beforehand. Bloomberg may have been Mayor but he has not got a chance at the White House!

[R21] Or landslide defeat by FDR!

by Anonymousreply 2207/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.