Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Happy Ex-Gay Pride!

(submitted without comment...)

Voice of the Voiceless (VoV) is excited to announce the First Annual Ex-Gay Pride Month in July 2013! If you or your organization is interested in partnering to help sponsor our Ex-Gay Pride Awareness Day on Capitol Hill and Evening Dinner/Reception, please contact Co-Founder and Acting Director, Christopher Doyle at xxxx.

[bold]When is Ex-Gay Pride? [/bold]VoV is strategically holding Ex-Gay Pride Month in July, after June’s annual gay pride month, in order to draw attention to the ever-increasing phenomenon of ex-gays or former homosexuals; that is, individuals who formerly had unwanted same-sex attractions and/or lived an LGBT-identified life, but now do not. These individuals may be in heterosexual relationships, pursuing heterosexuality, or living celibate lives as former homosexuals.

[bold]WHAT is Ex-Gay Pride? [/bold]A time to recognize the unique experiences of ex-gays and former homosexuals and celebrate their existence in American culture. VoV is currently organizing events in the month of July to highlight the unique role of ex-gays in American culture and draw attention to increasing discrimination and hostility towards the ex-gay community in society.

[bold]WHY Ex-Gay Pride? [/bold]Because former homosexuals are the last invisible minority in American culture and are increasingly subject to hostility from anti-ex-gay activists and the media at large, who is influenced heavily by the gay-activist lobby that discriminates and marginalizes former homosexuals. VoV estimates that ex-gays number in the tens of thousands (at least), but due to intimation and hostility, the exact numbers are unknown.

[bold]WHERE is Ex-Gay Pride? [/bold]Currently, VoV plans to hold at least one event in Washington, D.C. in July to commemorate the First Annual Ex-Gay Pride Month. Because Washington, D.C. is the only jurisdiction that recognizes ex-gays as a protected class against discrimination in the United States, we believe this is a safe place to gather and celebrate free from any threat of intimidation.

[bold]WHO Should Participate in Ex-Gay Pride? [/bold]If you are a former homosexual, individual with unwanted same-sex attraction (SSA), a friend or family member that knows an ex-gay or individual with unwanted SSA, or one of our allies, we welcome your support and presence at any of our events! Please e-mail for more details on how you can participate.

[bold]HOW Can I Participate in Ex-Gay Pride? [/bold]VoV is currently looking for individuals and organizations to partner with us and help sponsor an awareness event on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. and an evening dinner/reception to celebrate and commemorate ex-gays in the United States. It is important that we let our voices be heard or we’ll continue to face marginalization and discrimination. This event is meant to celebrate and unite together for a common goal: to increase our public visibility, tell our stories proudly, celebrate our unique contributions towards American culture, and unite against the hatred and bigotry against our communities.

by Anonymousreply 4007/03/2013

One can never be a former homosexual - one can merely cease to engage in homosexual activities.

There are a lot of people who probably have 'unwanted same-sex attractions'and, if it makes them happier to deny these attractions, so be it.

What I have an issue with is forcing people to undergo therapy to eliminate same-sex attraction. If you want to do it, knock yourself out. But, no one has the right to force someone else to undergo such therapy - even the parent of a minor child.

Also, just because you've decided that you don't want to do the homo, you don't get to dictate to others. Just because you hate yourself and cannot resist the temptation, doesn't make it our problem, it's yours.

The gays are entitled to equal rights - no more or less so than people who want to expunge their 'same-sex attractions' - We shouldn't try to stop adults from making poor life choices, even if that choice is quackery disguised as therapy.

by Anonymousreply 107/02/2013

I just had my hole virginized again. Now I'm a virgin and awake having it popped on my wedding day!

by Anonymousreply 207/02/2013

Is Chief Justice John Roberts the founding member?

by Anonymousreply 307/02/2013

What I'm desperately trying to figure out: what do you wear to Ex-Gay Pride???

by Anonymousreply 407/02/2013

R3, no, it's Bruce who used to work at the 17th Street Safeway.

by Anonymousreply 507/02/2013

I bet there's going to be a whole lotta toe tapping in the men's room that weekend!

by Anonymousreply 607/02/2013

What a sad, sad event this is going to be.

by Anonymousreply 707/02/2013

Washington DC hasn't seen this much furtive, shame-filled gay sex since...

by Anonymousreply 807/02/2013

... they heyday of Herber and Clyde?

by Anonymousreply 907/02/2013

oops, Herbert (and Clyde)

by Anonymousreply 1007/02/2013

...Friday night at Aaron Schock's place?

by Anonymousreply 1107/02/2013

"What I'm desperately trying to figure out: what do you wear to Ex-Gay Pride???"

Anything Jerry Seinfeld would have worn in the mid-Nineties.

by Anonymousreply 1207/02/2013

Very sad. I don't know what else to say. The web-site and photos/bios made me feel terrible. I think it's just a money making scam.

by Anonymousreply 1307/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 1407/02/2013

What a pack of FREAKS.

by Anonymousreply 1507/02/2013

Well, now we know why they all sought to be ex-gays. They're so hideous no gay would look at them.

by Anonymousreply 1607/02/2013

Fuck the ex-gay movement and the stupid,deluded assholes who think they can pray it away. They're only creating more suffering for themselves and others.

by Anonymousreply 1707/02/2013

Yeah, R18, sure you do.

Ex-gay movements needs to be sued and put out of their own misery for the evil they caused.

The so-called "apology" of the ex-gay fraud two weeks ago told us all we need to know about these sick fucks. He issues some lame ass semi-apology and then said he was not going to apologize for his views and was going to repackage his old crap in new packages.

I'd say shove the new packages up his ass but he'd enjoy it too much.

by Anonymousreply 1907/02/2013

alan chambers

by Anonymousreply 2007/02/2013

[quote] Carol Aoun is Foundress and President of “Mary Help of Mothers,” a Lebanese pro-life non-profit organization that was founded in 2009.

by Anonymousreply 2107/02/2013

One of those men has the last name "Pickup."

I'm sure he does.

by Anonymousreply 2207/02/2013

Vincent Tumeo ownes this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2307/02/2013

This is not an Onion spoof? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 2407/02/2013

Wonkette predicts tens of people will show up.

[quote]RightWingWatch notes that while the OneNewsNow piece says that Bachmann, DeMint, and Rep. Tim Huelskamp are “scheduled speakers,” the invitation says only that they have been “invited,” while the only “confirmed” speakers are Doyle and “fellow ex-gay activists DL Foster, who has said Dan Savage should be arrested, and Greg Quinlan, who claims gay people practise “sexual cannibalism.” We guess that explains the listing for “long pig” on the menu.

by Anonymousreply 2507/02/2013

How do ex-gays celebrate? It's a slippery thlope; you want "Festive" without [bold]"Festival"[/bold], "Happy" without [bold]"Gay"[/bold], and "Optimistic" without [bold]"Hope"[/bold].

Sure, they can remember enough to throw up some bunting and a good mix of hetero-looking floral arrangements containing flowers in various states of bloom, but they're still stuck with boil-in-bag chicken and tepid tap water. You just know they dare not drink.

by Anonymousreply 2607/02/2013

You could almost respect their wishes if they didn't then go from being gay to being homophobic fundies. There's no middle ground with these people. When they fall off the wagon it's probably non-stop bareback gangbangs - they're just addicted to extremes.

by Anonymousreply 2707/02/2013

Exactly, R27. They are the ones who blames the excesses of the gay community for their problems but they are the ones who live everything in excess.

by Anonymousreply 2807/02/2013

The poor leader of the group looks like Matt Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 2907/02/2013

When you think about it, gay pride marches are almost ex-straight marches- since so many queers are refugees from the closet.

by Anonymousreply 3007/02/2013

"Ex-Gay Pride" is a contradiction in terms.

Being "ex-gay" means you live in a state of shame and self-hate.

by Anonymousreply 3107/02/2013

Mary Help of Mothers!!!

May I use that in vain???

by Anonymousreply 3207/02/2013

I wish we could have an unemotional non-triggering discussion about ex-gays, in fact a live and let live philosophy.

I don't think most can "change" their orientation as it's from hormonal changes to the mother in pregnancy.

BUT there are people out there that can get screwed up, the people that are molested for instance, the ones that are "nurture" rather than nature.

There's even a website - "Gay By Choice" believe it or not. That is fine too, and I think most people can not change who they are.

But people like Meredeth Baxter for instance and many of these older women who can't find partners who come to the game late, it's hard for me to believe they've "always been gay", or Ann Heche types.

Something to ponder.

by Anonymousreply 3307/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 3407/03/2013

R33, when ex-gays ally themselves with the Family Research Council, THEY aren't looking for a 'live and let live' approach.

Strangely, that's the least bullshit-coated thing in your entire post.

by Anonymousreply 3507/03/2013

Didn't anyone tell them that even Exodus International has thrown in the towel? Turns out Jesus wasn't at the wheel after all.

by Anonymousreply 3607/03/2013

I eat shit.

Something to ponder.

by Anonymousreply 3707/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 3807/03/2013

R38, they are aware so now they are trying to take over. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 3907/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!