Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anderson Cooper - Officially Out + 1

It was one year ago that we saw the headline: [bold]Anderson Cooper: "The Fact Is, I'm Gay."[/bold]

The fact that he's gay was no surprise to anyone at DL, but it was a surprise to read about it in Andrew Sullivan's blog. Andrew and Anderson had been friends for more than two decades. Anderson's "I'm Gay" announcement was in reply to Sullivan's request for some feedback on gay people in public life.

At the time it was published, Anderson and his partner of several years, Ben Maisani, were out of the country so the press had no opportunity to get further statements from them.

by Anonymousreply 23209/01/2013

"In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted. I’m not an activist, but I am a human being and I don't give that up by being a journalist."

by Anonymousreply 107/02/2013

"Even though my job puts me in the public eye, I have tried to maintain some level of privacy in my life. Part of that has been for purely personal reasons. I think most people want some privacy for themselves and the people they are close to."

by Anonymousreply 207/02/2013

I don't like Cooper Anderson in his role as "paragon of a gay man".

by Anonymousreply 307/02/2013

Still one of the most eloquent coming out statements ever. Congrats, Mr Cooper!

by Anonymousreply 407/02/2013

Unfortunately he came out in Milky Loads' blog. How can anyone stand being friends with that pompous asshole Sullivan for 2 decades?

by Anonymousreply 507/02/2013

Beautiful statement.

by Anonymousreply 607/02/2013

I thought the way Anderson handled his coming out was very classy. He didn't do it to promote a book or his show (he was off the air when the statement was released), which allowed everyone to focus on the content of his well-written letter rather than on any ulterior motives. He has since repeatedly discussed why he felt it was important for him to come out despite his natural desire for privacy. I know a lot of people on DL criticize him for not coming out sooner, but now that he has, I think it's important to recognize that he's become a great voice for our community.

by Anonymousreply 707/02/2013

I like the way he came out too, his statement was smart, heartfelt and eloquent. I also like that he has since said repeatedly that being is the greatest blessing of his life.

by Anonymousreply 807/02/2013

Yes R9, we're now one year after the publication of these photos, and not only didn't they break up over them (as some people gleefully predicted then), but also Anderson has since publicly acknowledged Ben as his partner, the first time he has ever done so. I guess those infamous photos didn't mean anything to them.

by Anonymousreply 1007/02/2013

It was cute, but most everyone knew he was gay already. He got blown out of the water by Frank Ocean's announcement a day later. Now that was truly a defining moment in gay culture.

by Anonymousreply 1207/02/2013

[quote]but also Anderson has since publicly acknowledged Ben as his partner.

Then why are they not married?

by Anonymousreply 1307/02/2013

Frank who?

R13, not every couple is interested in marriage.

by Anonymousreply 1407/02/2013

I wonder if Robin Roberts and David Muir will be next.

by Anonymousreply 1507/02/2013

Didn't Sullivan write the coming out for him?

by Anonymousreply 1607/02/2013

[quote]Didn't Sullivan write the coming out for him?

Where did you get such a crazy notion? Please explain how that would work exactly.

Sully: "Hey AC, I decided to write your own coming out statement pretending to be you and to post it on my site, is that cool?"

AC: "Sure! Because the only reason why I haven't come out yet is because I COULDN'T WRITE my own coming statement! Thanks a lot, Sully!"

How stupid are you, r16?

by Anonymousreply 1707/02/2013

[quote] How stupid are you, R16?

And how angry are you, R17?

by Anonymousreply 1807/02/2013

I'm not angry r18, just amused at your stupidity. Do you really believe that Sully wrote AC's coming out statement? Why?

by Anonymousreply 1907/02/2013

What a deeply important anniversary!

by Anonymousreply 2007/02/2013

I agree, r17: you come across as hostile and unbelievably touchy. Clearly this is something that matters to you deeply, for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 2107/02/2013

R20 is smart and clever.

by Anonymousreply 2207/02/2013

Sully: "Hey AC, I decided to write your own coming out statement pretending to be you and to post it on my site, is that cool?"

LOL R17!

by Anonymousreply 2307/02/2013

I repeat, I'm not the least bit angry, but I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why Sully would write AC's coming out statement.

by Anonymousreply 2407/02/2013

R17 sounds perfectly reasonable. For someone to ask if Sullivan wrote AC's coming out statement is just crazy.

by Anonymousreply 2507/02/2013

r22 is the OP and is now sulking.

by Anonymousreply 2607/02/2013

The notion that Sullivan would write Anderson's coming out statement isn't just stupid. It's downright insane.

by Anonymousreply 2707/02/2013

Start 'splaining....

by Anonymousreply 2807/02/2013

R26 is a boring bore.

by Anonymousreply 2907/02/2013

This is how it all went down.

Fade in

Int. Andrew Sullivan's home office

*ring* *ring*

Andrew Sullivan: Hello.

Anderson Cooper: Sully, it's Coop. What up gurl?

AS: Chillin' like villain. What up wit you?

AC: My fucking talk show is about to be cancelled. I've tried everything and nothing is working. I can't connect with the audience. Those stay at home bitches loved my shit on Regis and Kelly.

AS: Have you seen Wendy Williams' show? She really connects with her audience. She's been renewed for like five years. Have you tried gossip and cooking segments?

AC: No I wanna keep it real trick. Hard news. Subjects that matter.

AS: Why not come out? It worked for Ellen.

AC: Queen, please. I travel to far off lands where they hate gays and someone might kill me.

AS: Christiane Amanpour is a woman and travels all over the world and no one bothers her.

AC: Cause the bitch ain't cute like moi.

AS: Tell you what, I'll write a nice coming out statement for you. I'll put it on the site. You're going on vacation next week right?

AC: Yeah, we need to blow up out of this bitch. You know those pics came out. Everyone thinks Benjamin is cheating. They can never find out the real truth.

AS: Well coming out will deflect from your rent boy problems and might save your talk show.

AC: Alright, write something up and post it.

AS: Will do. You don't want to read it first?

AC: Naw. I'm going shopping with Nene and don't have time. Smell ya later, ho.

AS: Later ho.

by Anonymousreply 3007/02/2013

Yes, can someone please explain how Sullivan writing something as critical and personal as someone else's coming out would work in the real world? Because it makes absolutely no sense.

by Anonymousreply 3107/02/2013

[quote]Yes, can someone please explain how Sullivan writing something as critical and personal as someone else's coming out would work in the real world? Because it makes absolutely no sense.

That would be as silly as someone claiming that all Presidents since Eisenhower have had speech writers. That makes no sense at all.

There are some who claim that Brian Williams doesn't write everything he reads on the news. How can we doubt that he doesn't write every word; it doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 3307/03/2013

Why would Sully write Anderson's coming out letter? And why would AC go along with it if he wasn't the author himself?

by Anonymousreply 3407/03/2013

That's really funny R30. Though I'm sure the coming out letter was AC's work, it's possible that the two friends of more than 20 years could have colloborated on parts of it. That's what friends are for.

It's possible that AC had input into Sullivan's segment and that Sullivan made sure AC covered all that was needed. It was an important document being published by two old friends so it's easy to figure that they shared a lot of the input.

Seeing the anger from R32, it's a good bet on who is in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3507/03/2013

And who would that be, r35?

by Anonymousreply 3607/03/2013

Anderson doesn't need help writing anything. I've read his book, his column in Details, his blog and his Tweets, he has no trouble expressing himself and surely doesn't need someone else to help him write one of the most personal things anyone ever could. The statement is AC and AC ALONE. It has his "voice".

by Anonymousreply 3707/03/2013

Not the slightest bit funny R30.

by Anonymousreply 3807/03/2013

I still don't understand why someone is trying so hard to convince everyone around here that Anderson didn't write his own coming out statement.

by Anonymousreply 3907/03/2013

Of course Sully wrote it. I really didn't think that was ever in question.

by Anonymousreply 4007/03/2013

[quote]I've read his book, his column in Details, his blog and his Tweets, he has no trouble expressing himself and surely doesn't need someone else to help him write one of the most personal things anyone ever could. The statement is AC and AC ALONE. It has his "voice".

Thank you, R37. Are you the one who collects all the pictures of the firehouse? That was a nice collection.

by Anonymousreply 4107/03/2013

R40, only a lunatic would think AC didn't write his own statement. It looks like you're one of 'em.

R41, what are you even here for?

by Anonymousreply 4207/03/2013

He's been out since high school! He didnt come out last year. He just confirmed the rumors. He came out as he said to friends and family in highschool, impossible to come out after you tell your friends, family and love ones.

by Anonymousreply 4307/03/2013

Anderson Cooper, first already out man to come out... stupid...

by Anonymousreply 4407/03/2013

He came out PUBLICLY, the same as other famous people have done who were already out to family and friends. What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 4507/03/2013

R40, the crazy bitch who's fixated on claiming that Anderson didn't write his own coming out statement, is the same lunatic who used to swear that Ben was AC's bodyguard and that Anderson had a secret girlfriend. I'm not sure what this particular delusion is about, maybe it helps her deal with the fact that Anderson is officially out? Who knows, the mind of the deranged works in mysterious ways.

by Anonymousreply 4607/03/2013

I just reread. It totally sounds like milky loads.

by Anonymousreply 4707/03/2013

You guys are crazy, Anderson wrote it. Only on DL would you see someone suggesting a nonsensical idea that he didn't. Pure insanity.

by Anonymousreply 4807/03/2013

It's obvious from the angry reaction and name-calling of some people that they are without any real friends and have no concept of working on a project with a friend. Further, it's clear that they have never worked on a project that would get international media attention. Walmart greeters don't get involved in anything like that. The same goes for the counter help at Starbucks so it's easy to see where they're coming from. They can't help their limited view of the media world when they've barely gone beyond viewing "Housewives of Beverly Hills."

This "official" coming out was carefully crafted by two old friends. Both knew it would be published far beyond the original blog and both knew that it was important for them to dot every "i" and cross every "t" since it would be viewed from many angles. Everything written by Andrew Sullivan would reflect upon Anderson Cooper and everything written by Anderson Cooper would reflect upon his friend Andrew Sullivan.

There can be no doubt that both men participated in the writing, editing and tweaking of the entire document. They wouldn't want to chance anything that could be taken out of context by any homophobes who would be reading it. Further, it's no great leap to figure that Ben Maisani probably looked over the project before it was opened to the public and that he was asked for his opinion and input and could have suggested an addition or change.

It's amusing to see how some recognize the publication of "The Fact Is, I'm Gay" as an important evolution in the life of a celebrity while others deny the importance and validity of the event and completely denigrate it with the claim that Anderson Cooper didn't come out last year because he was already out. They'll discover that AC looks upon it as a major step forward in his life when they read about his coming out to the public in the book he's working on.

by Anonymousreply 4907/04/2013

It's obvious from the crazy post that R49 is crazy. Anderson needed no help writing his OWN coming out statement.

by Anonymousreply 5007/04/2013

And how would you know he's writing another book R49, because I seriously doubt that.

by Anonymousreply 5107/04/2013

Well of course he's writing a new book. He has to write another autobiography, because the last one forgot to mention that he had been out since high school.

by Anonymousreply 5207/04/2013

That's YOUR issue R52, not his or anyone else's. You have problems with other famous people who have been out to their friends and family and then come out to the public, or is it just ANDERSON who bothers you, because your comments make zero sense.

by Anonymousreply 5307/04/2013

[quote]Anderson needed no help writing his OWN coming out statement.

Had that been the case, he would have merely issued a press release. But AC obviously didn't want to do something so impersonal for such an important turn in his life. No doubt, you don't have a friend in the world, thus can't comprehend two friends working together on a project, sharing advice and ideas. Your attacks on other posters clearly indicate that you can't get along with others.

by Anonymousreply 5407/05/2013

Anderson wrote the coming out statement on his own. The only influence Sullivan may have had on it was the "God talk" near the end of the statement. AC has never struck me as religious or spiritual. Maybe he is and just keeps it on the downlow. He's been good friends with Sullivan for years. Sullivan is sort of a bigot who thinks blacks are intellectually inferior. I wonder if any of his views have rubbed off on AC? I noticed when Andrew Sullivan went after Alec Baldwin for being a homophobe, AC tweeted his own criticism of Baldwin soon after saying how a conservative would've been vilified for being homophobic but implying that liberals get away with it. He may have been angry that Hilary Rosen (a Democrat) defended Baldwin. Anderson doesn't seem to say much when right wingers are being homophobic/racist left and right but don't let a liberal do it. It seems to be the only time he thinks it's appropriate to speak up, he can't be seen bashing right wingers, but liberals are fair game. I think Sullivan's brand of conservatism is something AC agrees with.

by Anonymousreply 5507/05/2013

[quote]They'll discover that AC looks upon it as a major step forward in his life when they read about his coming out to the public in the book he's working on.

AC said he'd never write another book.

by Anonymousreply 5607/05/2013

I believe R30. The show was going to be canceled and AC was going to be highlighted as one of the most overpaid people in the entire entertainment industry based on ratings.

by Anonymousreply 5707/05/2013

R30 is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 5807/05/2013

Someone spotted AC in Paris.

[italic]Jordan b ‏@ohmyjordy 2h

like what are the odds that i run into Anderson Cooper in Paris?!?

Jordan b Jordan b ‏@ohmyjordy 2h

Just saw @andersoncooper eating dinner.. and did he look handsome![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 5907/05/2013

Ben posted a pic of the flea market in Paris on his Instagram today, so this confirms that he's there with Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 6007/06/2013

I wonder which neighborhood AC and Ben stay when they're in Paris. Do they stay with Ben's family or do they go to a hotel?

by Anonymousreply 6107/06/2013

He came out to save his talk show and to save his job at CNN. End of story. He's a fake and a phony and his trick cheats on him.

by Anonymousreply 6207/06/2013

Anyone who thinks Ben didn't have input into the writings of both men who worked on that project doesn't know what it means to be in a loving relationship. Anderson would never be so selfish that he would not have had long discussions and sought input from his partner. It's clear that everything on that page was carefully crafted by several people who were aiming for major impact in the mainstream media. It wasn't meant to be just a coming out statment for one person. The intent was to have a product that would reach out to the gay community and to stand up to homophobes.

The only ones who would deny this are people who will next be claiming that Anderson and Ben are breaking up. And we know there are plenty of them ready to make that announcement.

by Anonymousreply 6307/06/2013

I have no doubt that Anderson asked Ben for his input while he was writing his coming out statement. After all, the decision to release such a letter was bound to impact Ben's life as well as Anderson's. So it stands to reason that Ben had some say in the decision-making process, as well as in the actual wording of the piece. However, it doesn't take anything away from it being a well-written, eloquent and classy statement, and I'm sure Anderson wrote most of it himself.

by Anonymousreply 6407/06/2013

If you remember Ben and Anderson were barely speaking during that time. They were trying to save the relationship. I doubt that Ben had anything to add. He's not well educated. Didn't he go to Hunter?

by Anonymousreply 6507/06/2013

"If you remember Ben and Anderson were barely speaking during that time."

Please provide evidence of this claim, r65. Just because you make shit up doesn't mean that we have to buy it.

As to Ben's education, I'm sure it's lot better than yours.

by Anonymousreply 6607/06/2013

Ben was speaking in tongues.

by Anonymousreply 6707/06/2013

[quote]If you remember Ben and Anderson were barely speaking during that time.

You really don't know that. It wasn't slapped together on the morning it was published. It was probably in the works for at least a month leading up to their planned yacht trip. They don't live in a "would you like fries with that?" world, R65. The blog entry on that occasion was the work of two major media personalities along with the partner of at least one of the men.

by Anonymousreply 6807/06/2013

It's obviously killing some folks around here that AC and Ben are still together after all these years, and after those so-called cheating pics. I wonder why they get so worked up over the fact that after so many relationships of little consequences, Anderson has finally found the one man for whom he would come out of the closet and publicly claim as his partner. For some odd reason, this simple fact is odious to a couple of people on DL who are constantly making shit up to diminish their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 6907/06/2013

Ben was not even a factor in Anderson's decision to come out. In fact, Ben wasn't even consulted. Sully made the initial pitch and Anderson decided to do it. Sully wrote the language and posted it. End of story. It's really not big deal. Stop trying to make it one.

by Anonymousreply 7007/06/2013

[quote]Ben posted a pic of the flea market in Paris on his Instagram today, so this confirms that he's there with Anderson.

I knew he would be.

[quote]I wonder which neighborhood AC and Ben stay when they're in Paris. Do they stay with Ben's family or do they go to a hotel?

That's what I want to know, but maybe they just visit the family and stay in a hotel for privacy.

Some of those things at that flea market will probably end up in their home. They must do a lot of shopping when they travel.

People can debate and make up stories to suit their own purposes all they want, but what hasn't changed and what still is true is that AC and Ben are together and evidently very happy and stable and committed.

by Anonymousreply 7107/06/2013

I don't doubt that Anderson's main motivation for coming out publicly was his game changing relationship with Ben. Sully is a friend, but there's no way in hell HE had more to do with AC coming out than the man he loves. Ben has had a profound effect on Anderson's life, this becomes clearer the longer they stay together as a couple. I'm surprised they aren't married, but some people aren't into it. Then again, they COULD be, considering how secretive AC is.

by Anonymousreply 7207/06/2013

I highly doubt that Anderson would stay with Ben's parents. He probably hasn't even met them or wants to meet them. Some of you are so funny.

by Anonymousreply 7307/06/2013

R73, are you nuts?

by Anonymousreply 7407/06/2013

[quote]He probably hasn't even met them or wants to meet them. Some of you are so funny.

Several years ago, there were photos of Anderson with members of Ben's family who were visiting the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 7507/06/2013

Their friend Josh Wood is in Corsica (where Ben was born). They seem to travel together sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 7607/06/2013

It's really hot in Paris at this time of year but it's great to be there for Bastille Day.

by Anonymousreply 7707/08/2013

i noticed they all come out when their careers are going bust

and then pretend that it is 'for my long suffering people'

well,us gays ARE clever and conniving,so more power to him.everybody gotta make a living

i can imagine all the 'Sacre bleu!' and the 'oy vei!' and the 'oh, allmighty allah!' by the straights

by Anonymousreply 7807/08/2013

Ac probably has a house or apartment in France don't you all think?

by Anonymousreply 7907/08/2013

I was thinking that too R79, maybe in all the places they visit the most, like Italy and Brazil. No one seems to spot them at any hotels in those places, so they probably have something going on there.

Meanwhile crazy homophobic Alec Baldwin's useless brother is praying for AC's salvation! From the gay I'd imagine.

[quote] ‏@StephenBaldwin7 The Lord just woke me up & burdened my heart to pray for the Salvation of Anderson Cooper ... So I have been doing so for about 40 minutes now ... Praise God !

by Anonymousreply 8007/08/2013

Stephen Baldwin is a sicko KKKristian. The only way he can get any attention is this pathetic attempt to start a public fight with Anderson Cooper. Will AC remain silent and not get dragged into this drama or will he provide an eloquent reply? Whatever he does, you can bet that he's really pissed at Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 8107/08/2013

AC probably won't acknowledge any of it. He hates drama.

by Anonymousreply 8207/08/2013

It takes Stephen Baldwin 40 minutes to rub one out? He needs to invest in the little blue pills or find a better guilty Christian fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 8307/08/2013

Good one R83!

by Anonymousreply 8407/08/2013

Are any of you old enough to remember when Stephen Baldwin was hot? I thought he was the hottest Baldwin Bro.

by Anonymousreply 8507/08/2013

All of the Baldwin brothers look slightly retarded and some of them apparently are.

by Anonymousreply 8607/08/2013

Stephen Baldwin was hot in "The Young Riders" TV series about the Pony Express. Co-stars were Josh Brolin, Ty Miller, and Gregg Rainwater.

by Anonymousreply 8707/08/2013

Short holiday trip for A&B. He got right back to work.

by Anonymousreply 8807/08/2013

I still laugh that he took the cowards way to coming out. Wrote a letter and ran.

by Anonymousreply 8907/08/2013

It was one of the best statements written OR spoken so I don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 9007/08/2013

I still laugh that R89 cannot post more than one comment on these threads without frantically deleting her cookies. Now THAT is the definition of the coward's way.

Seriously R89, go see a shrink pronto, your issues are really showing.

by Anonymousreply 9107/09/2013

Why can't you reply to what was stated, R91, instead of dragging out your tired cookie meme and attacking the poster again? Can't you take part in a serious discussion instead of just lashing out at the poster? Are you not equipped to either deny or support his statement? What's so difficult about discussing R89's "Wrote a letter and ran" comment? Do you think 89 is the only person in the universe to have that thought?

by Anonymousreply 9207/09/2013

One thing is for sure, as far as AC is concerned, Cesar is long forgotten. I don't think that relationship meant as much to Anderson as some people around here would have us believe. As soon as he dumped Cesar, he hooked up with Ben and then everything changed: AC moved in with him in the firehouse (the decor of which looks nothing like Anderson's old apartment and completely reflects Ben's taste), finally officially came out, and publicly acknowledged Ben as his partner (a first for him). Clearly Cesar wasn't that special.

by Anonymousreply 9307/09/2013

No one cares about HOW he did it, only a couple of fools on DL talk about this shit. And what's with this "wrote a letter and ran" crap? ALL he's done since the statement is talk about just how gay he is, how blessed and happy, comfortable and proud he is to be gay - ran from WHAT exactly?? You folks need to hang it up with the non-issue of how it was done.

by Anonymousreply 9407/09/2013

I would have dropped Julio too after looking at him then Ben's muscles. lol

by Anonymousreply 9507/09/2013

How I would like a detailed book about AC's Private life. Can only imgaine the scores of men he's had. Traveling all over the world, inviting men back to his hotel and having to be super secret about it. His love life is probably as colorful of gossip worthy as Rock Hudson's or Liberaces...

by Anonymousreply 9607/09/2013

Yeah, I'm sure Anderson has had TONS of guys all over the world, but he's very private and discreet and under the radar. He would never do a book about the men in his life the way his mother did.

by Anonymousreply 9707/09/2013

R98 I dont think he would be maybe someone like Darwin Porter could write a book about AC's private life. Hell I didnt know Paul newman was bi until Darwin Porter wrote a book about his life. Or Steve McQueen for that matter was bi.

by Anonymousreply 9807/09/2013

I'm not sure anyone even knows enough to write anything. None of AC's former bf's or one night stands has ever talked publicly about him (unless you believe some of the stuff that used to be posted here by guys who said they slept with him). I think he has lawyers who would shut anything like that down fast.

by Anonymousreply 9907/09/2013

Indeed r92. I agree, he "wrote the letter and ran". He did it knowing he wouldn't be in town. Even Ricky Martin was 100xs more brave. Everyone who has come out has either done it by interview, in print or camera or by camera and in the end, they stayed in town. I believe he's the only one who "ran" before it was printed.

In the end, good for him but let's be honest, he didn't have the guts to stay, while everyone else did. I'll applaud him for doing it but I won't be bragging about him and his letter.

by Anonymousreply 10007/09/2013

He didn't RUN, he didn't want it to be a huge deal, he wanted the low-key approach that a lot of people are doing now. What he DIDN'T want was for it to look like he was trying to promote his daytime show and using his coming out statement to do it. You people are something else. Still quibbling over a bullshit paranoid theory.

How many of those folks came out the way you idiots love so much have ever said that being gay is a BLESSING? No one but AC, that to me is what's REALLY brave.

by Anonymousreply 10107/09/2013

[quote]@StephenBaldwin7 The Lord just woke me up & burdened my heart to pray for the Salvation of Anderson Cooper ... So I have been doing so for about 40 minutes now ... Praise God !

You have to wonder if Anderson's "people" contacted Baldwin. S.B. is stupid enough to continue this if he's not told to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 10207/10/2013

Why does R100 insists on deleting her cookies every single time she posts in an AC thread? It's not like she's fooling anyone into believing that this is the first and only time she's posting a comment in those threads at this point, so why bother? Is she completely retarded on top of being certifiably insane?

by Anonymousreply 10307/10/2013

What is going on with AC's eye? He looked like he had pink eye last night and there's something wrong with it in this pic? That fatty deposit he's always talking about is out of control. Plus it looked like he was wearing red lipstick last night.

by Anonymousreply 10407/10/2013

Enough r103. You sound insane accusing every post you don't like coming from the same person.

by Anonymousreply 10507/10/2013

I think AC is someone we can really be proud of. I don't think it matters whether or not he got feedback from his partner or Andrew Sullivan when he was crafting his coming out statement. All that matters I he did it and he deserves our support ad loyalty. We need to start supporting each other, all of us, imagine what we could achieve if we had each other's backs everywhere all the time. Like, say, the Masons do-we could be so powerful!

by Anonymousreply 10607/10/2013

Just stop, R103, with your nasty "she" crapola and moronic claims that only one person is posting everything you don't like. Your "lone hater" schtick was beyond stupid six threads ago.

by Anonymousreply 10707/10/2013

AC and Ben are so rich, they can fly to Paris just to do some flea market shopping and fly back in time for work, but AC must've caught something over there.

by Anonymousreply 10807/10/2013

Anderson is a freeper, hence his friendship with Andrew Sullivan.

The man did everything he could to get Romney the White House, so don't hand me the "we need to support everyone" crap. If he had his way, we wouldn't have any gay marriage discussion at all. But it would have been no problem for him, because he has all the money in the world.

It would be nice if he thanked Obama for supporting gay marriage, given how he rode Obama hard on it. But that would require class and dignity.

Fuck him and his ugly boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 10907/10/2013

R103=paranoid fangirl

by Anonymousreply 11007/10/2013

You can applaud his coming out r106 but undeniable loyalty is ridiculous since I don't see anything worthy in him. I didn't think it was so but he really is log cabin. If I'm going to show loyalty to a gay news personality, I'll stick with a true liberal : Rachel Maddow

by Anonymousreply 11107/10/2013

I don't think he's log cabin but I know he doesn't like Obama. I think AC might be one of those Libertarians who love Ron/Rand and hate "political correctness". AC's bf and his bar partner seem to be Obama supporters, so there must be some interesting discussions at the firehouse. Andrew Sullivan is a bigot and one of those "whites are superior" believers.

by Anonymousreply 11207/10/2013

R103 is 100% right, of course.

Funny how those who attack him (like r105 and r107) are doing the exact same trick of deleting their cookies to pretend to be different posters agreeing with each other. Note to r100, r105 and r107: there would be a lot more credibility to what you post if you stopped trying to fool trolldar to cover your tracks. The fact that you feel the need to do so is extremely suspicious. When will you ever learn this???

by Anonymousreply 11307/10/2013

R113 is R103 posting from a different computer, of course.

by Anonymousreply 11407/10/2013

Speaking of posting from a different computer, how come it's always those who are highly critical of Anderson who do this on those threads. For example, r110/r111says that he also posted r89, although trolldar indicates otherwise. How come the haters are always doing this? It does look like they're trying to hide the fact that they post multiple times in the same thread, repeating over and over the same accusations but pretending to be different people.

by Anonymousreply 11507/10/2013

So now that its been a year, does this mean we can stop posting about him? I mean, its not like he really does anything that remarkable. He's just someone on television.

by Anonymousreply 11607/10/2013

[quote]How come the haters are always doing this? It does look like they're trying to hide the fact that they post multiple times in the same thread, repeating over and over the same accusations but pretending to be different people.

Precisely my point, r115.

by Anonymousreply 11707/10/2013

R116, YOU are free to stop talking about him at any time since he doesnt interest you, but you sure don't speak for me.

by Anonymousreply 11807/10/2013

We knew you would be back R117 - R115 as you switch between your laptop, cellphone, and kindle.

by Anonymousreply 11907/10/2013

R118 I never claimed to be speaking for you.

by Anonymousreply 12007/10/2013

R119 is delusional. I always post from the same computer, and I don't try to elude trolldar by deleting my cookies. As r115 observed, it's only the haters who keep deleting their cookies to pretend to be different people all highly critical of Anderson and agreeing with each others' crazy theories (such as Sully writing AC's coming out statement). I don't need to do this to post around here. I stand by every single one of my comments.

by Anonymousreply 12107/10/2013

So the "we" R116 referred to in her post must be her multiple personalities. If you're not interested in him, why are you even posting in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 12207/10/2013

R122 Why do you care?

I mean really, what do you have to gain or lose by what I do?

by Anonymousreply 12307/10/2013

Nice way to deflect criticism, r123.

by Anonymousreply 12407/10/2013

Anderson Cooper is a polarizing figure. I believe that it is incredibly naive to think that the Anderson hate is coming from one person. The fact is AC is someone that a high percentage of DL posters would critique and critique harshly. There is also a percentage who doesn't care one way or the other. And then there are the fangurls.

by Anonymousreply 12507/10/2013

Why do you keep deleting your cookies, r125? What are you trying to hide exactly?

by Anonymousreply 12607/11/2013

R125's just an AC hater trying to be clever. The FACT is it's only on DL that AC gets an inordinate amount of criticism, on other gay sites like Towleroad and Queerty, there are people who may have an issue with him but most people like him and think he's a pretty decent guy and they DON'T have a problem with how he came out. The problem with that is only on DL by a couple of idiotic trollinas.

by Anonymousreply 12707/11/2013

[quote]I always post from the same computer,

You just need to keep posting that, R121, and then rush to your Kindle so you can agree with you and maybe some people will believe you.

by Anonymousreply 12807/11/2013

The reason why R125 keeps deleting her cookies is because she doesn't want us to see how many other similar comments she has posted in this thread. She's always desperately trying to cover her tracks by pretending that there are a lot of different people who hate Anderson as much as she does. Unfortunately for her, it's easy to see through her tricks: it's quite obvious when a negative comment pops out out of nowhere, whose author then disappears never to be heard from again (if one is to believe trolldar, that is), quickly followed by a couple of posts agreeing or defending the views expressed in that original post, that we're dealing with one person using different computers or (more likely) deleting her cookies.

by Anonymousreply 12907/11/2013

R129 = R121 posting from a cellphone.

by Anonymousreply 13007/11/2013

You're wrong on both counts, r130: I'm neither R121, nor am I posting from a cellphone (I'm comfortably sitting in front of my laptop, thank you very much!).

But since you're so keen at playing trolldar detective, here's a little mystery for you to solve: don't you think it's odd that there seems to be so many posters who come out of thin hair, write a negative comment about AC on this thread, and then disappear never to be heard from ever again? You don't think there's something fishy about that, do you? Please apply your highly developed and well-honed skills of deduction to explain this peculiar phenomenon, dear r130. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with (that is, if you actually address a question directed to you for a change!).

by Anonymousreply 13107/11/2013

[quote]don't you think it's odd that there seems to be so many posters who come out of thin hair, write a negative comment about AC on this thread, and then disappear never to be heard from ever again?

It's so simple and it happens on tens of thousands of internet forums every hour R131 - R121.

They . move . on

by Anonymousreply 13207/11/2013

[quote]They . move . on

Bitch please. The posters in question most certainly have not moved on. Their persistence in deleting their cookies to appear to be a lot more numerous than they actually are is proof enough of that. Strange that for all your detective skills, you fail to realize that, r132. Or is it because you choose to look the other way?

by Anonymousreply 13307/11/2013

Interesting how the singular "hater" became plural in the last two days. Could it be that people are noticing your prancing from computer to cellphone to kindle so you're backing down from that silliness R131 - R121

Getting back to AC, will Stephen Baldwin continue with his KKKristian prayers for AC?

by Anonymousreply 13407/11/2013

[quote]Interesting how the singular "hater" became plural in the last two days

I think there's no question that there was one poster in particular who's definitely a woman, who has a love/hate obsession with Anderson, and who constantly posts on these threads. She's always deleting her cookies in a misguided attempt to cover her tracks. I also believe there might be a couple more people doing the same thing around here, but not more than that.

[quote]Could it be that people are noticing your prancing from computer to cellphone to kindle so you're backing down from that silliness [R131] - [R121]

No sweetie, you're the only one who accuses me of switching devices to pretend to be different people. That's not my MO.

by Anonymousreply 13507/11/2013

AC doesn't give a shit about Stephen Baldwin and his phony prayers!

by Anonymousreply 13607/11/2013

I wonder what Ben will name his new bar in Hell's Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 13707/12/2013

I wonder what the theme will be.

by Anonymousreply 13807/12/2013

Just look at how R137 and R138 suddenly thought about Ben's bar. Coincidence? We know better now, don't we.

by Anonymousreply 13907/12/2013

You sound paranoid, r139. R137 mentioned Ben's bar, and r138 expanded on that. No need to get all suspicious.

On the other hand, the fact that trolldar suggests that this is your first post on this thread (as if!) is quite suspicious, r139. Why are you cleaning up your cookies before posting here? Because it's quite obvious that this isn't the first time you posted on this thread. So why are you trying to hide that?

by Anonymousreply 14007/12/2013

Yes, what the heck is R139 talking about? We aren't allowed to talk about Ben's future bar?

by Anonymousreply 14107/12/2013

R139 is an idiot who sees conspiracies everywhere. There's more than one person interested in Ben's new bar, and we should be allowed to discuss this.

by Anonymousreply 14207/13/2013

[quote]AC doesn't give a shit about Stephen Baldwin and his phony prayers!

I seriously doubt that he isn't totally annoyed by the Baldwin jerk putting his name in his tweets.

by Anonymousreply 14307/15/2013

AC is interviewing one of those Zimmerman jurors. I hope he doesn't try to make the money grubbing witch seem sympathetic but he's probably one of those types who agree with the verdict and support Zimmerman.

by Anonymousreply 14407/15/2013

That was quite a scoop for Anderson to get that juror to grant him an interview before anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 14507/16/2013

NPR played segments of that on the news this morning.

by Anonymousreply 14607/16/2013

She was awful and he was too easy on her racist ass.

by Anonymousreply 14707/16/2013

Here's a pic of AC on Saturday. He's so in love with Ben he doesn't even LOOK at the muscled construction dude on the other side of him. He's very loyal and very committed in his relationship with Ben.

by Anonymousreply 14807/16/2013

[quote]He's so in love with Ben he doesn't even LOOK at the muscled construction dude on the other side of him. He's very loyal and very committed in his relationship with Ben.

They were meant for each other, without a doubt.

by Anonymousreply 14907/17/2013

Well it's apparently true R149, face it.

by Anonymousreply 15007/17/2013

Face it? What does that mean? And, NO, it's not "apparently" true, r150, though you're probably trying to cast some doubt with your use of "apparently." It's a fact, even though you may not like it.

by Anonymousreply 15107/17/2013

They're a lot more meant for each other than AC and Cesar, that's for sure!

by Anonymousreply 15207/17/2013

It's true period. Maybe that will make R151 happy.

by Anonymousreply 15307/17/2013

I see we've got folks posting from their Kindle again.

by Anonymousreply 15407/18/2013

Any casual visitor to DL *before* and *after* Anderson's coming out will immediately notice a dramatic decrease in the number of posts devoted to him. (Or, based on some of the fervid emotions evinced by these posts, "Him")

by Anonymousreply 15507/18/2013

There's nothing to talk about, because he's just doing his job and he and Ben live a quiet life, there's no scandal or rumors or dish, so there's really nothing to say. If there are pics or news about them, then there's activity, but that happens rarely.

by Anonymousreply 15607/18/2013

Ben was out with SJP and Andy Cohen for some kind of event recently. Here are some pics. AC's friends seem to love Ben as much as he does since he's invited to events even when AC's not able to go with him.

by Anonymousreply 15707/18/2013

Thanks for posting that link R157. In some of those pics, Ben is shown sitting at the table of honor, right next to SJP. It does look like he's very integrated in Anderson's circle of friends, as he keeps getting invited to these events even when AC isn't there. He looks great in a suit by the way.

by Anonymousreply 15807/18/2013

Ben is supposed to be very smart, charming and funny so AC's circle of friends probably love having him around.

by Anonymousreply 15907/18/2013

It's clear that Ben is integrated in all aspects of AC's life in a way that no one he dated before ever was. He's close to all of Anderson's friends, and probably close to his family as well.

by Anonymousreply 16007/19/2013

[quote]@andersoncooper Clear ur biased in this case. You are not telling all the facts... leaving things out is the same as lying. #keepinyouhonest Angel‏@88angel@andersoncooper Seriously....did Trayvon's parents even know who he truly was!? Sounds like they didn't!!

She hasn't been overly intrusive for some time so it's interesting to see that she still wants attention by bashing Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 16107/19/2013

He didn't notice her. She thinks she's impressing him by criticizing him but he doesn't give a shit about her and her opinions.

I don't know why AC and Ben don't want to get married, maybe they are already, but since they are so close and so much in love and AC's friends love him, why are they holding off?

by Anonymousreply 16207/19/2013

A lot of people who are in happy, stable relationships don't necessarily want to get married, r162. Marriage isn't for everyone.

I can't believe how odious those tweets are, r161. This illiterate racist piece of trash needs to shut the fuck up and disappear for good.

by Anonymousreply 16307/19/2013

Yes, I guess some people just aren't interested and don't need any official declaration to be committed. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell still aren't married and they've been together for decades.

by Anonymousreply 16407/19/2013

One Twitter sighting has AC at Eastern Bloc tonight.

by Anonymousreply 16507/20/2013

AC was causing some trouble up in there last night.

[quote]EASTERNBLOC ‏@easternblocny 13h EB is fuckin crazy tonight

by Anonymousreply 16607/20/2013

[quote]AC was causing some trouble up in there last night.

Big guy leaving with AC and Ben seemed too tall to be Andy Cohen. Did AC and Ben have a driver?

by Anonymousreply 16707/20/2013

Who said they left with someone?

by Anonymousreply 16807/20/2013

[quote]Did AC and Ben have a driver?

Yeah, I'll bet he "drove" plenty.

by Anonymousreply 16907/20/2013

Someone was complaining that there haven't been any recent sightings of AC and Ben, so now I guess they can rest easily. Still together, still hanging out at one of Ben's bar. Happy now?

by Anonymousreply 17007/20/2013

AC has a driver for CNN but I don't know if he uses him aside from work since AC is always seen walking around or on the subway.

by Anonymousreply 17107/20/2013

We're in another photo drought of Ben's muscles. We haven't seen his muscles in two months.

by Anonymousreply 17207/21/2013

As hot as it is in NYC, you'd think he'd be walking around shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 17307/21/2013

[quote]you'd think he'd be walking around shirtless

DROOL!!!! I wish...

by Anonymousreply 17407/22/2013

Ben's escorting pass is about to come back to bite him in the ass big time. Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 17507/22/2013

We stayed tune for the "cheating pics" that never materialized R175, so I'm not expecting much here.

by Anonymousreply 17607/22/2013

Any recent sightings of AC and Ben? Pics? I still have no idea why AC's daytime show is being promoted on my local station. "Stoeies everyone is talking about" Didn't they get the memo? Show is over.

by Anonymousreply 17707/23/2013

AC was at EB on Saturday, but there aren't usually any pics. No pics of A&B yet and haven't been for awhile. Since Ben's going out to events separately sometimes, there may not be anymore pics unless a pap decides to take a pic of them walking around NYC.

I guess they're going to promote AC Live until it's finally over in August.

by Anonymousreply 17807/23/2013

I wonder if R175 will ever stop pretending to have any inside info. She's really not fooling anyone at this point.

by Anonymousreply 17907/23/2013

It appears that when someone posts something not liked by others, that guy becomes a "she" in replies. Is that supposed to be the ultimate put-down for all of DataLounge or just for Anderson Cooper threads?

by Anonymousreply 18007/24/2013

[quote]@Ivanmbart Fun to see @BravoAndy and @andersoncooper in an #airport Looking relaxed and happy with friends. Have fun wherever u r going! #summer

by Anonymousreply 18107/25/2013

I wonder where they're going. Anybody have details?

by Anonymousreply 18207/25/2013

They are in Italy. Andy Cohen and Ben posted pics.

by Anonymousreply 18307/26/2013

The life of the rich, so lucky they can go to these places whenever they want.

by Anonymousreply 18407/26/2013

Speaking of muscles, AC's arms are looking mighty fine in the earlier picture. You rock, Anderson!

by Anonymousreply 18507/26/2013

He has to keep his younger man happy R185.

by Anonymousreply 18607/26/2013

Isn't Ben only like five years younger, R186? Most people wouldn't feel the need to point out an age difference that small.

by Anonymousreply 18707/26/2013

It probably never entered into their relationship at all so why was there a need to mention that Ben is younger when they're so close in age? It doesn't make sense. It's not like the twink in Miami that Anderson was playing with for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 18807/26/2013

I remember when Terrence pointed out that Anderson was almost 50, AC looked a little stricken and pissed, no one wants to get older. AC still looks good and yes they are close in age, but I'm sure there is pressure for AC to keep up with muscle man Ben.

by Anonymousreply 18907/26/2013

The pressure must be immense. How do you think they can manage under such circumstances? It must have something to do with living the life of the rich.

by Anonymousreply 19007/26/2013

Sarcasm aside, even the rich are under pressure to keep up appearances and stay young looking, they have the means to do it easier, but they still have that pressure.

by Anonymousreply 19107/26/2013

It's great to read of their travels, parties, and business plans but the sycophancy of a couple of people invested in "muscle man Ben," "the life of the rich" and "keeping his young man happy" is so cloyingly overboard that you just want to barf. Get a job, and you can afford to go on vacation, too, instead of drooling over the rich being so lucky. Get a job and join a gym so you can have muscles.

by Anonymousreply 19207/27/2013

AC and Ben have a Jewish white supremacist stalker. Well AC is being stalked but the guy is angry with Ben. Maybe he posts here?

by Anonymousreply 19307/28/2013

Hausner needs to be locked away for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 19407/28/2013

I think the stalker calling Ben a "thug" and "mongrel" gives it away that the psycho was likely one of the obsessed AC haters on this forum.

TMZ says he actually tried to kick the front door down at AC and Ben's firehouse while yelling threats against them.

by Anonymousreply 19507/28/2013

Wow, that is crazy. AC and Ben are always walking around and they don't appear to have security, I'm surprised the guy hasn't attacked them on the street.

Thug/mongrel, sure sounds like something the haters here would say, true R195.

by Anonymousreply 19607/28/2013

Which posts in this thread are the work of that stalker? The police could probably add to his charges for stalking AC threads at DL.

by Anonymousreply 19707/28/2013

That guy will never make bail.

by Anonymousreply 19807/28/2013

Now it's clear why Anderson dumped Cesar. He needed muscle at his side due to stalkers. Ben fit the bill, they dated for awhile, and finally fell in love. Cesar got mentioned in AC's book but Ben got the national mention on TV.

by Anonymousreply 19907/30/2013

Cesar had muscles.

by Anonymousreply 20007/31/2013

Cesar who?

by Anonymousreply 20107/31/2013

No one important.

by Anonymousreply 20207/31/2013

Can anyone post the early pics of AC when someone commented on his arms? I dont have instgram

by Anonymousreply 20307/31/2013

I haven't seen any new muscle pics of AC. There was one pic of him walking in NYC with a baseball cap on and looking at his cell phone. He had on a tee-shirt and his arms looked good (or the arm that was in the shot) but I don't know if that's the one.

by Anonymousreply 20408/02/2013

Those who predicted AC's career was doomed after he came out were WRONG! I read the comments about how his ratings were too low and CNN was cleaning house and going to fire him. Wrong Again! He's officially getting an extra hour on CNN AC 360 Later

by Anonymousreply 20508/06/2013

There's no doubt that CNN noticed how he had a better connection to the public after he came out. Had he come out a year prior, he would have had that connection and probably would still have a talk show contract.

Since he's out of the daytime business, CNN was smart to sense they can use his talent and more open profile to expand his contributions to their lineup. This is good news.

by Anonymousreply 20608/06/2013

Here's a pic of Ben with his Atlas Social Club co-owners. He has big muscles.

by Anonymousreply 20708/06/2013

Thank you R205! So much for him being OVAH! Not even close at CNN.

by Anonymousreply 20808/06/2013

I always thought Anderson was in love with Erica Hill. What the hell happened?

by Anonymousreply 20908/06/2013

“AC 360 Later” is a smart move by CNN. It is going to be a worry for Greta Van Susteren and Lawrence O’Donnell. AC will be at ease with CNN correspondents, analysts and commentators. Looking forward to seeing what kind of special guests will be attracted to the show. This has some good possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 21008/06/2013

[quote]He has big muscles.

yes r207

by Anonymousreply 21108/06/2013

Huh wha R209?

I liked the first panel show they did with Christianne Amanpour/Jeff Toobin, etc. I'm not sure if this is the same roundtable format, I guess it will be like those Zimmerman shows with an audience?

by Anonymousreply 21208/06/2013

Do you smell cookies? I think I smell cookies.

Yup! I smell cookies, too.

by Anonymousreply 21308/07/2013

Ben doesn't seem to go for the explicit and sort of seedy decor that EB has. Those other guys must've wanted a bar with all the porno stuff. Bedlam and the A.S.C. seem more sophisticated than EB.

by Anonymousreply 21408/08/2013

Memories of Summer 2012

by Anonymousreply 21508/13/2013

Last year there was a discussion about the end of AC's time with Cesar. I thought this was an interesting take on it:

[italic]For all we know, his relationship with Cesar may have been over even though they might have gone to Egypt together. I remember back in 2006, AC was often seen out with other men - I remember Gawker talking about how AC was out on a date with someone and that they had a long, intimate dinner - they knew about Cesar at the time but didn't say it was him. There was also a sighting of AC at some noodle restaurant or something in Brooklyn with a "curly-haired guy" according to Gawker Stalker, probably not Cesar. And what about that old pic of AC walking with this punkish looking dude in Central Park - all of these things happened around 2006-2007, so for all we know, he and Cesar may have been done as a couple then and in 2008, but were just hanging out. They certainly don't do that now and it's probably because AC has a more steady relationship.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 21608/14/2013

He had to be done with Cesar in 2008 because he was seen with Ben then.

by Anonymousreply 21708/14/2013

He's been with Ben for at least 5 years, possibly longer than that.

by Anonymousreply 21808/14/2013

There was a blurb in the paper two or three years ago about Anderson having dinner with a young actor who was also in real estate. It included a photo of two men standing beside a limo in front of the firehouse. Was that the NY Post?

by Anonymousreply 21908/16/2013

[quote]A weirdo accused of stalking media megastar Anderson Cooper and his partner has been indicted, prosecutors said in court Thursday. Alex Hausner, 38, a shaggy-haired and bearded creep from Queens...

The above quote is from the NY Daily News. While gossip forums and comments from public are filled with terms such as "weirdo" and "creep," those descriptions don't seem to be what one usually finds in a news story. Opinions of a writer are found on the editorial and op-ed page, but most editors won't allow reporters to voice such opinions when writing news.

While Hausner is a creep, it would be interesting to get more factual info about him.

by Anonymousreply 22008/18/2013

NY POST: The mouthy loon accused of stalking Anderson Cooper told cops not to worry — he just had a harmless “crush” on the hunky anchor, according to court papers released today.

“I have a crush on Anderson, he is not in any danger,” Alex Hausner reassured a detective after he was arrested July 27.

“You’re hot,” he claimed Cooper told him when they passed each other in Union Square back in 2007. The fleeting compliment sparked a “mutual crush," he insisted.

It’s Cooper’s boyfriend, East Village bar owner Benjamin Maisani, who might have a thing or two to worry about from the Far Rockaway former psychiatric patient.

The deluded Hausner, 40, told cops that Maisani is threatened by his budding romance, delusional as it may be, with the silver-haired newsman.

“Not guilty at all!” Hausner announced at his Manhattan Supreme Court arraignment today on felony menacing, stalking and harassment charges. “These charges are nonsense.”

He then railed against Maisani in one of many emotional outbursts.

“As far as Mr. Maisani is concerned I’ve done nothing to him,” he declared. “He wants me out of the way and he’s trumping up charges.”

In the most recent incident, Hausner showed up at Cooper’s converted firehouse and kicked the red lacquered front door repeatedly yelling. “I swear to f—king God, don’t insult me,” he shouted. “I’m going to f—k you up!”

At least five times during the court appearance, Judge Daniel Conviser urged the impassioned Hausner to let his attorney speak on his behalf.

“You may say something that is harmful to your case,” the judge warned but it was to no avail.

Prosecutor Rachel Ehrhardt said that Hausner is captured on video threatening Maisani and that he called CNN the day before he was arrested.

“He stated to the head of security there ‘that if you want a war, war is about to come, the worst is about to come,’ These are extremely threatening statements,” Ehrhardt explained.

The nutjob believes the anchorman sends him subliminal messages through his telecast.

Conviser ordered a psychiatric examination and remanded Hausner who is being held in lieu of $75,000 bail.

by Anonymousreply 22108/20/2013

Well why WOULDN'T Ben want the nutty stalker out of the way? What does he expect? Sounds like nutty stalker wanted to fight Ben or something. That would've been a mistake on his part. Ben would've ripped his head off with just one of his giant arms.

by Anonymousreply 22208/21/2013

[quote]“You’re hot,” he claimed Cooper told him when they passed each other in Union Square back in 2007.

Betting that AC will refrain from comments like this in the future.

by Anonymousreply 22308/21/2013

The writer for the NY Post uses "loon" and "nutjob" to describe the stalker. It seems that if he got a sleazy lawyer, the media could end up paying for using those descriptions. Most lawyers for newspapers would object to reporters using that language.

by Anonymousreply 22408/21/2013

I'm betting that he never said it in the first place R223.

by Anonymousreply 22508/21/2013

The jailed stalker was supposed to appear in court today but there is no news about it thus far.

by Anonymousreply 22608/27/2013

Letterman didn't have the nerve to ask AC about the stalker.

by Anonymousreply 22708/28/2013

I wonder what Anderson thinks about the way that Wentworth Miller came out. He certainly made it newsworthy on an international level by standing up to Russia's homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 22808/30/2013

Letterman has had his own, very famous experience with a stalker, so he could probably relate to not wanting to talk about it in public.

by Anonymousreply 22908/30/2013

Hausner is accused of stalking the CNN star and trying to get into the West Village home he shares with boyfriend Benjamin Maisani at least four times, according to the Daily News. He also allegedly targeted Cooper and Maisani in a series of threatening phone calls.

According to the New York Post, the Queens native purportedly began stalking Cooper in 2008 and has claimed they were friends with “romantic overtones." Hausner even claimed he had been stalked by Maisani.

“There was no time to get to know each other,” he told the Post of his supposed relationship with Cooper. “I do love him, but we became more than just friends."

by Anonymousreply 23008/31/2013

In 2009, blogger Krystle Russin attempted to get a meeting with Cooper by trying to have anchor Ali Velshi sign her in to the Columbus Circle office building. She claimed she and Cooper were friends, but the ruse didn't work. The stupid frau was blind to his closet. Her head must have exploded when he came out.

by Anonymousreply 23109/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!