Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Glenn Greenwald's Anti-Obama Vendetta Continues

Glenn "The Lyin Libertarian" Greenwald doesn't care about civil liberties, he cares about making money off of being able to bitch about them.

by Anonymousreply 4103/16/2014

From the link:

"There was a time when I really wished I could understand what drives Glenn Greenwald's hatred of President Obama. But then, I realized. I really don't care. I just wish his editors would be a little more discerning with his use of links and, um, "facts." I used to be able to count on the UK Guardian as an unwavering, very dependable news source, but it's becoming more difficult to do so, when they hire people like Greenwald to write for them.

First of all, they portray Greenwald as a progressive or liberal, and I don't see him that way at all. But that isn't what really bothers me about Greenwald. The most bothersome thing is the way he uses suppositions and facts interchangeably, as if they're equal.

Take his latest column, regarding Obama's nomination of James Comey as director of the FBI. Greenwald, as usual, uses the column as a vehicle for tooting his own horn, and to make an unsubstantiated attack against President Obama. First, he tries to establish himself as an expert on the covert activities of the Bush Administration, because he’s written about it many times. Now, I would never belittle that. I actually find much of the information on the NSA spying program to be very credible. Yet, he seems to have chosen to ignore his own notes in some spots, only to remember them later, when he's pretty sure readers have stopped reading. In this article, he makes statements about Comey that are simply not supported by available evidence, and then contradicts himself. In fact, after he starts like a house afire, and essentially blames Cowey for the downfall of civil rights, by the end of the article, he pretty much admits that Obama could have chosen much worse.

The question I keep asking myself is, where are his editors? He's not writing for his own personal blog; he's representing a truly good news organization. Why does he get to tell outright lies and then contradict himself later within the same column."

More at the link:

by Anonymousreply 107/01/2013

Hey OP, do you like the government spying on you by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 207/01/2013

Do you like it when journalists try to invent news rather than reporting it?

by Anonymousreply 307/01/2013

Maybe you're not aware that Greenwald always gave GWB major grief, far worse than Obama.

by Anonymousreply 407/01/2013

GG's a sleaze (very fitting for a lawyer, I guess).

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2013

My main problem with Greenwald is he's so ineffective. The liberal opposition to Obama deserved a far better leader.

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2013

[quote]Maybe you're not aware that Greenwald always gave GWB major grief, far worse than Obama.

Is this the same guy that 'trusted' Bush on Iraq, defending him endlessly, and basically being his toady on any number of issues?

[quote]The liberal opposition to Obama deserved a far better leader

There is nothing 'liberal' about Glenn Greenwald. He's a fucking libertarian asshat.

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2013

I wonder when his Brazilian boy toy will find a wealthier lover.

by Anonymousreply 807/01/2013

"Is this the same guy that 'trusted' Bush on Iraq, defending him endlessly, and basically being his toady on any number of issues?"

Um, no....it's not.

Not sure who you're confusing him with? Andrew Sullivan, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 907/02/2013

[quote]I wonder when his Brazilian boy toy will find a wealthier lover.

Soon after GG gets him into the United States

by Anonymousreply 1107/02/2013

Greenwald is so fugly. David Miranda must be desperate for citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 1207/02/2013

R12, could it be that David is attracted to Glenn for reasons other than his looks?

by Anonymousreply 1307/02/2013

LMAO @R13. I'm sure an employed teenage hustler and a Yale lawyer old enough to be his dad bonded over their mutual love of the 19th Century French Impressionists.

by Anonymousreply 1407/02/2013

R9, are you living in denial, or just oblivious to his history under Bush? I mean, seriously? You're denying blatant facts that have been reported on widely.

by Anonymousreply 1507/02/2013

R15, what the fuck are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 1607/03/2013

OP is Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 1707/03/2013

So, pointing out that Obama has been more belligerent than Bush makes him "Anti-Obama"?

Obama is pushing us to WW3 over The Ukraine, just like Bush did over Iraq and Iran. They are both evil fuckwads.

by Anonymousreply 1802/20/2014

Adding to thread watcher

by Anonymousreply 1902/21/2014

R16-

Greenwald attacked Bush with as much vigor as he is attacking Obama.

He can see that both of them are just neocon puppets.

by Anonymousreply 2003/05/2014

So, Obama is above the law?

by Anonymousreply 2103/15/2014

r19, just click the star. It turns orange and adds the thread to the watcher without posting.

by Anonymousreply 2203/15/2014

R18 you're fucking delusional.

by Anonymousreply 2303/16/2014

And ...... he is any different than rush the drug addicted clown or that ugly plastic surgery addicted judge on fox or bill O moron ?

by Anonymousreply 2603/16/2014

DL has some major uneducated dick. Liberal and Libertarian are not the same, not even close.

by Anonymousreply 2803/16/2014

R27 Brilliant post Sad that the party that stands on the better side of humanity cannot get their act together nor learn to fight back ( play dirty ) because we will never get anywhere until fighting back becomes part of the job requirement when we elect(hire) dems

by Anonymousreply 2903/16/2014

Thank you r27.

by Anonymousreply 3003/16/2014

Team OP.

Greenwald is a self-serving ass, like his bff Snowden.

by Anonymousreply 3103/16/2014

Glenn Greenwald attacks Obama worse than Bush? Sorry, that's just a lie, and one that you can easily disprove, since Salon has archives. Go read up and then let's talk like adults.

GG is consistent, which is why like Cornel West and unlike Bob Cesca and Al Sharpton and MSNBC talking heads he attacks Obama for doing the same things he attacked Bush for.

But character assassination is so much more fun! Oh yeah, and GG is so fugly.

Jesus, get a grip, Obamabots. Your guy fooled you. He's another neo-con on the take. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 3203/16/2014

R33 shows the true colors of the rest of the loons on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3403/16/2014

I know Glenn personally and have photos of him tweaked out & groveling at my feet. Glenn is a sleazy, pathologically lying creep. I will gladly share the pics with anyone interested.

by Anonymousreply 3503/16/2014

R34, r33 is absolutely spoton. You sound like a Greenwald lover. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 3603/16/2014

The Obama-bots have really lost their marbles. Sick weirdos. R34 is absolutely correct.

by Anonymousreply 3703/16/2014

r33 is probably scribed by r34 after clearing his/her cookies.

by Anonymousreply 3803/16/2014

R38, uh huh.

Look, you Obama apologists are a bunch of evil morons. If you choose not to see, at this point, that Obama's a corporate shill, then you're deluded or a fool. Either way, you're a terrible person. Obama gloated over the farm bill, which took billions from the poorest people (in SNAP cuts) and gave it to wealthy farm owners. He seems hellbent on reviving the cold war. His administration's doing nothing about the end of net neutrality. He's got this evil trade deal going on that will make NAFTA look like a gift in comparison. It goes on and on. We can't afford your ignorance and blindness anymore. You're basically just a bunch of fucking Republicans pretending to be Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 3903/16/2014

I want to see the pics

by Anonymousreply 4003/16/2014

R39 nailed it. There really is no Democratic Party anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4103/16/2014
Need more help? Click Here.