Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Madonna vs. Janet vs. Britney vs. Gaga

Let's put it to rest.

by Anonymousreply 5407/02/2013

This won't be pretty.

There Will Be Blood. And Mud. Probably a ballistic Scud.

by Anonymousreply 207/01/2013

A real man doesn't listen to any of those washed up whores.

by Anonymousreply 307/01/2013

Which turd is my favorite? Flush them all!

by Anonymousreply 407/01/2013

What r3 said

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2013

They all suck r3, but not for the reason you give. If you're trying to impress people with how "manly" your taste in music is, your playlist must be terrible.

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2013

Britney doesn't even belong on the list. Walmart loving America's answer to Kylie Minogue and Goldfrapp. Complete with the Cheetos and thunder thighs.

Madonna has been phoning it in since 2001.

Janet had a few bad years, but wisely took herself out of the game.

Gaga has done pretty well for herself, but needs a few more years to truly join the ranks of the divas.

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2013

I smell cookies..being deleted by a Janbot.

by Anonymousreply 807/02/2013

So do I r8, at first Janet was tied with Britney for third, and a distant third to Madonna #1, Gaga #2. And now Jan's way out ahead at #1, when the no-voice bitch hasn't had a hit in years? Riiiight. And no I'm not a Madbot, trolldar me for conformation of that.

by Anonymousreply 907/02/2013

Girls, girls, you're all godawful.

I went with Gaga, she's been appallingly bad for fewer years than the others.

by Anonymousreply 1007/02/2013

I heard What Have You Done For Me Lately and Papa Don't Preach yesterday and they both still sounded good. I don't like to compare anyone, I like a lot of their songs and some I don't like.

by Anonymousreply 1107/02/2013

LOL, Papa Don't Preach, god your standards are low.

by Anonymousreply 1207/02/2013

I like that better than Like A Virgin, Material Girl. I thought she sang it well and with conviction, her voice isn't the greatest but she sang that like she meant it and can sell a song if she works at it enough.

by Anonymousreply 1307/02/2013

It's plastic garbage, sorry to inform you. And Janet's hits are all the same with minor variations. Why not get into the music Jimmy Jam produced for others? Or right, that other stuff wasn't hyped as much as Janet's crap. Some people just mindlessly follow the herd.

by Anonymousreply 1407/02/2013

I liked the songs Jam and Lewis did with the SOS Band, Cherrelle and Alexander O'Neal, but sorry to inform you, I still like some Janet and Madonna. This is not about following any herd, this is just liking songs that you don't, but we all are entitled to our own opinions you see.

by Anonymousreply 1507/02/2013

Janet made the right move to retire and get the hell outta dodge. AT 60, and overweight, ain't nobody got time for dat

by Anonymousreply 1607/02/2013

If Janet had any legitimate vocal talent, she wouldn't have had to ever retire.

by Anonymousreply 1707/02/2013

In terms of actual musical ability, Lady Gaga wins (whether you like her stuff or not). The others are just manufactured/market-made.

I'm not choosing any though.

by Anonymousreply 1807/02/2013

Janet Jackson is already recording a new album.

Madonna is over music and is just interested in opening gyms and touring. She lives in a bubble, and is still with that Kabbalah cult.

Britney is done. She shouldn't even be on the list. She was a corporate creation. She was never a real person. She's as good as retired. She's in her 30s now. She's Tiffany without the talent. She's from a bygone era: the 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 1907/02/2013

It's a generalization, but white female pop singers make some of the worst music there is. Especially after Madonna paved the way for all the thin-voiced marginal talents that followed. Janet's an honorary whitey since she has no voice. I can't think of any other highly successful black female singers who aren't at least moderately talented.

by Anonymousreply 2007/02/2013

[quote]I can't think of any other highly successful black female singers who aren't at least moderately talented.

by Anonymousreply 2107/02/2013

Beyonce can sing live, and I would classify her as at least moderately talented, that's not a very high bar. Janet has a barely audible whisper voice which has always been heavily processed in the studio. Without Jimmy/Terry and the famous family name, she would've been a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 2207/02/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2307/02/2013

Let's cut the crap. Madonna wins all the way. Her discography is far richer than the discography of Janet. Lady Gaga? Why you put her in the list? Are we nuts?

by Anonymousreply 2607/02/2013

Ray Of Light

American Life

Hello? These albums are not plastic garbage.

In general, Madonna in each of her albums sings a couple of really good songs. That doesn't necessarily happen with Lady Gaga and Britney Spears

As it comes to Janet, she always sings the same songs.

Madonna is the priest of pop. Period. She knows how to present her songs. She is a perfectionist. Her last album was not good ok, but at least it contained 'Masterpiece' and 'Falling Free'.

by Anonymousreply 2707/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 2807/02/2013

How is Janet out in front? I suspect foul play.

by Anonymousreply 2907/02/2013

Mariah, Mariah, Mariah!

by Anonymousreply 3007/02/2013

Judy, Liza, Barbra, Bette.

by Anonymousreply 3107/02/2013

Britney's career will be over as soon as her looks start to go.

by Anonymousreply 3207/02/2013

[italic]Ray Of Light

American Life

Hello? These albums are not plastic garbage.[/italic]

You cannot be serious. "American Life" is one of the worst albums of all-time!

Madonna hasn't done a decent album since "Ray of Light," and that album has aged badly.

Except for "Like A Prayer," Madonna's first three albums are all plastic -- I wouldn't say garbage, but are pretty bubblegum.

90% of Madonna's songs have had little input from her. She is the most sued pop artist for stealing. She has fallen out with producers for taking credit where credit wasn't due. She hasn't had an original idea in her entire life. She's packaged what little talent she has remarkably. She'd be a great promoter.

Britney Spears is nobody.

Janet Jackson, the last good album she had was "The Velvet Rope," another late 90s album. The thing I'll give Janet is that from 1986-1997, she didn't do an album she was expected to do. Sure, she had her foot in the door thanks to her surname, but her surname didn't get her hits with her first two albums, and no other family member except Michael was able to break out. She did have something going on for herself, and she did take risks. She's not very talented though. She's another one whose songs weren't written by her. In fact, the "Control" album was written for her, but they agreed that because the songs were inspired by what was going on in her life, she contributed to them, so she got a writing credit. That was Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis' idea. Janet also had this motto: if it ain't broke, don't fix it, when it came to working with Jam and Lewis. A real artist never says, nor does that.

Lady Gaga: talented.

Beyonce: great singer, and can dance her ass off. The shit she writes and co-produces mostly on her own though, ugh! She needs to start taking advice from others.

[quote]Britney's career will be over as soon as her looks start to go.

Honey, they've been gone for a decade now. She looks 50.

by Anonymousreply 3307/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 3407/02/2013

Madonna, hands down- 25 year history of pop hits and consistently good dance music. I think she's a jerk, but she is head and shoulders above the others. Gaga may get there, she's what 25 or something and her stream if hits has already dried up.

Britney Spears is a joke.

Janet had her moments, but not much more.

by Anonymousreply 3507/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 3607/02/2013

Well R36, let's see how Artpop does. Iike her and wish her all the success in the world- I just have not seen such good stuff from her minus her first album.

by Anonymousreply 3707/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 3807/02/2013

[quote]Let's cut the crap. Madonna wins all the way.

She wins in terms having made the most money in music, but that doesn't change the fact she still sucks assholes.

by Anonymousreply 3907/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 4007/02/2013

We commit so hard to our Divas because they are an amalgamation. They are the hag who will never ask to sleep with us. They have the strength to survive and repeatedly 'come back' from life's big bitch slaps. They look like androgynous dress up dolls that we want to perfectly glamorize. They are sometimes the tragic and martyred messes we see in the mirror. But they are also the mother figures whose honor we will defend, tooth and nails.

by Anonymousreply 4107/02/2013

I am not a fan of any of these 4- have always liked Streisand and Garland simply because they have stunning voices on every level that makes for a great vocalist. That's all- and I am not afraid to like them I guess.

Not Madonna, not Cher, not Diana-

Oh I love Aretha- same reason as above- great voice, great artist, like Streisand and Garland. And then I also love Nat King Cole. Great voice. Ditto Pavararotti and Leontyne Price.

You're nuts R41. None of that mess of a paragraph remotely applies to me. It's really more simple that your screwed up analysis. Gay men are not afraid to idolize women. I happen to believe the ones I mention above are uncommonly gifted singers. Cher and Gaga while perhaps likeable are really rather silly talents- and Britney, well she's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 4207/02/2013

Alaska from Fangoria is a bigger diva than the four of them plus every drag queen in North America.

by Anonymousreply 4307/02/2013

Gaga is the only one with actual musical talent. But who knows if she'll last as long as the other three.

by Anonymousreply 4407/02/2013

I don't understand why Britney is even on this list. What has she ever done for gay rights? At least the other three have been vocal about it and have had songs about gay issues ("Free Xone" by Janet, "Why's It So Hard" by Madonna, and "Born this Way" by Gaga).

by Anonymousreply 4507/02/2013

when Britney was asked how she would feel if either of her sons turned out to be gay she said she would love them no matter what

there was probably a 300 post thread on it in here with Janbot and Madonna freaks arguing about which of the two of them were more gay friendly

by Anonymousreply 4607/02/2013

[quote]when Britney was asked how she would feel if either of her sons turned out to be gay she said she would love them no matter what

Oh, big fucking deal. Considering 3/4 of her fans are gay twinks, what else was she going to say? That she wouldn't approve of it?

Get back to me when she's donated money to a gay cause or speaks out for gays without having to be asked about the issue first.

by Anonymousreply 4707/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 4907/02/2013

You can tell I'm a lesbian... I thought it was Madonna vs. Janet Reno.

by Anonymousreply 5007/02/2013

R49, you're missing your calling here in North Korea.

by Anonymousreply 5107/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 5207/02/2013

Janet has more talent than any of them.

by Anonymousreply 5307/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 5407/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!