Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Grandmother Accidentally Shoots 11-Year-Old Grandson

MONDAY JULY 1, 2013

An 11-year old West Virginia boy is dead after a bullet from a gun his grandmother fired to scare off suspected intruders went astray, the local sheriff said, according to WBOY.

The boy, William Owens, was lying in his bed in his house about 200 feet from his grandmother's house when the grandmother took a .40 caliber pistol outside and fired multiple shots to scare off the intruders. One of the bullets from her gun went through the wall into Owen's house and struck him in the chest, WBOY reported, citing the local sheriff.

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013

bet dem INtruders wont be a-comin back!

by Anonymousreply 207/01/2013

It says the bullet "went astray." How does that work? I thought bullets pretty much went to the place you aimed the gun at. Are there special kinds that take off in a different directions like a malfunctioning guided missile?

by Anonymousreply 307/01/2013

At least it's not Florida for a change.

by Anonymousreply 407/01/2013

And people will still defend guns.

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2013

"An accident, Delores, can be an unhappy woman's best friend"

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2013

[quote]It says the bullet "went astray." How does that work? I thought bullets pretty much went to the place you aimed the gun at. Are there special kinds that take off in a different directions like a malfunctioning guided missile?

The bullet's trajectory can change once it hits walls, studs in walls, any objects, especially if it goes through more than one and its velocity is dampened. It was a freakish event.

Vanity Fair a month or two ago carried a story of a guy who was sitting in his hotel room bed watching a movie and was hit in the [italic]testicles[/italic] by a stray bullet fired from the adjoining room . There were some guys drinking and firing a gun next door. Due to the nature of the wound and the way the bullet traveled, the coroner didn't identify it as a gunshot wound until the investigator came to him with the theory. (The investigator had found a bullet hole covered with toothpaste.) It's a fascinating whodunit that took some damn good investigative work to piece together.

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2013

I read the original story and it sounds so odd. She, not the boys's father, went outside to check for the intruders taking the gun with her. She shot off the gun to scare them off and one of the bullets winds up back inside. Either it ricocheted off something at a very unlucky angle or she was firing at the house. I don't know if the boy's father as described in the story is her son, but it's awfully weird for the young man to let the older woman go out to do the checking late at night...

by Anonymousreply 807/01/2013

You can't regulate stupid can you?

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.