Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DLers with irrational love/hate of pop divas

I discovered on one of the recent Janet Jackson threads that the person spewing all the hate for Janet (which provokes the infamous Janbot!) was actually a former stan of hers. He broke down and admitted that he used to love her and was still upset at Janet's last notable album "All For You", and said she fucked up her own career.

Today we have the anti-J.Lo posters. Im guessing one of these persons is also a former fan?

Why do these former fans turn on them with such vicious hate? And why must we homosexuals battle over these women who don't give a damn about us??

by Anonymousreply 1507/02/2013

The people who obsess over them are not gay guys. In fact you shouldn't classify them as guys at all. They're like borderline trannies.

by Anonymousreply 107/01/2013

R1, please.*

* please = fuck you, you traitorous, insolent, divisive shithead.

by Anonymousreply 207/01/2013

I take it r2 is a borderline tranny?

by Anonymousreply 307/01/2013

r2, did you even read the OP? This thread is ABOUT division and the irrational obsessors who push it. r1 was criticising them. And "traitorous"? I wasn't aware that anyone owed an allegiance to Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2013

What do loons like r4 get out of those kinds of posts?

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2013

"They're like borderline trannies."

Bitch, I would NEVER perform a Madonna number. I am the The Boss, Miss Ross all the way.

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2013

Yes, OP, because there was so much to like about Jennifer Lopez before.

by Anonymousreply 807/01/2013

[quote] And why must we homosexuals battle over these women who don't give a damn about us??

These women? If those threads were about Justin Timberlake and Michael Buble, would that be acceptable?

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013

At least Timberlake is somewhat hot.

by Anonymousreply 1007/01/2013

That doesn't answer my question. The thread's aren't about the pop stars' hotness.

by Anonymousreply 1107/01/2013

[quote] The thread's aren't about the pop stars' hotness.

I think that's what r1 was getting at. The people who engage in those arguments are weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 1207/01/2013

"Today we have the anti-J.Lo posters. Im guessing one of these persons is also a former fan?"

I don't think so. J-Lo is one of those who've had haters from the beginning, and who has a mysterious power to keep the haters following her career, just so they can hate her more.

There are a lot of actresses with long-term haters, J-Lo and Gwynneth Paltrow for sure, and any female celeb who reminds us of the high school mean girls.

by Anonymousreply 1307/01/2013

[quote]Yes, OP, because there was so much to like about Jennifer Lopez before.

Im just saying r8, Im not even a fan of her music... I think she's held up well for her age and thats pretty much it. There are people on that thread that said she should make her money regardless of the human oppression snafu, so she has some fans somewhere.

[quote]These women? If those threads were about Justin Timberlake and Michael Buble, would that be acceptable?

r9, it's no different than the Anderson Cooper threads that have proliferated here for years. That would be a better comparison. You know that preferences in pop music divas are high up on the list of how many gay men judge each other.

by Anonymousreply 1407/01/2013

[quote]There are a lot of actresses with long-term haters, J-Lo and Gwynneth Paltrow for sure, and any female celeb who reminds us of the high school mean girls.

The haters always sound like high school mean girls themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1507/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.