Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Soledad O'Brien Joins Al Jazeera

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1407/02/2013

She will continue her segment "Being Black in Mali, Algeria, Somalia, etc".

by Anonymousreply 207/01/2013

r1 = Chris Cuomo, about to get axed after only two weeks on the air

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2013

R1 = The Bill O'Reilly school of journalism. If more people see it, then it is better.

Existant. Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 807/01/2013

FF R1/R5.

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013

Looking forward to 10,000 "Muslim in America" specials!

by Anonymousreply 1007/01/2013

She confronted politicians when they lied and impeached them with evidence. That's why she lost her spot.

Criticize her for stuff that has nothing to do with her journalism, brash, putting her race forward, whatever, she was doing real journalism, when anchors won't do that, aren't supposed to do that. They lob soft ball questions, they don't follow up misleading answers, they repeat Beltway wisdom.

People want a George Stephanopoulos. He is male, he doesn't ruffle feathers, he is good looking, and maybe he is gay. He doesn't make his guests sweat, and he doesn't make his audience think.

If you show me one other journalist like O'Brien, I will show you ten that accept the powerful, the rich, and their government at face value. They do that because they want access, they want to go to Georgetown parties. They want to be accepted. That's not Soledad O'Brien.

CNN could have put her on a midday show if they didn't like the ratings. No, they fired her because Democrats didn't trust her and Republicans hate her. Who can the party hacks on both sides trust? They will have no problems with Erin Burnett.

by Anonymousreply 1107/02/2013

R11, I agree with everything you said.

by Anonymousreply 1207/02/2013

Ooh somebody pusses in R9's cornflakes this morning.

by Anonymousreply 1307/02/2013

Pissed not pusses. LOL

by Anonymousreply 1407/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!