Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Celebrities who have gotten a "Pass"

Why do some stars get burned at the stake while others seem to waltz right through their PR catastrophes?

Alec Baldwin has been just as obscene, yet thrives career wise. Mel didn't fare so well.

No one really questioned Sandra Bullock about the whole Nazi propaganda scandal.

Angelina stole a husband we zero repercussions not to mention all the other weird stuff she pulled prior to hooking up with BP.

Julia steals a husband and is publicly profane, yet a blind eye is turned.

Meg sleeps with Russel Crow and her career is over.

Howard Stern has had numerous scandals yet thrives.

Imus wasn't so lucky.

What gives?

by Anonymousreply 11307/02/2013

I think Russell Crowe was damaged by the phone thing, and his career wasn't the same.

It is same for politicians.

by Anonymousreply 107/01/2013

[quote]Angelina stole a husband we zero repercussions

The "stolen" husband suffered no repercussions either, even though he was the married one. Why should she suffer if he didn't?

Besides, no one can be stolen from a relationship. They cheat and leave a relationship of their own free will. To claim they were "stolen" absolves them of responsibility for their own actions.

by Anonymousreply 307/01/2013

Bill Clinton signed DOMA and DADT into law, and he's honored by GLAAD.

Yet Obama is still raked over the coals for taking too long to evolve on gay marriage (even though he hasn't signed one remotely discriminatory policy into law).

by Anonymousreply 407/01/2013

Why does anyone get worked up about about these people? Who cares? They haven't done half the shit Dataloungers admit to.

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2013

The writing and spelling errors in the original post (using "just as" without setting up the comparative correctly, for example) make my head hurt. It's a good thread topic, however.

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2013

Why does no one claim that Russell Crowe "stole" Meg Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2013

I think Julia actually did lose a lot of fans after snagging/stealing her husband. I know my middle-America, conservative mom pretty much wrote her off after that and said many people she knew felt the same way. I think the media tends to gloss over Hollywood adultery because it's so common. But there was still quite a bit of coverage that slanted toward 'she stole him away from his wife and family' and painted him as the victim to her celebrity wiles, even though they're both consenting adults.

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013

I would hardly call Alec's career thriving. It got a second wind with 30 Rock, but I wouldn't call that thriving.

Why question Sandra Bullock, when it was her husband?

Angelina didn't hold a gun to Brad's head. If you don't fuck me and leave your wife, I will shoot you. Angelina didn't take any vows to Jennifer Aniston. Why should she be blamed.

Again people can't be stolen away. Julia didn't steal anybody, that didn't want to come along.

Meg Ryan's shelf life as a RomCom lead was about to expire anyway.

What scandals have involved Howard Stern?

Imus got another job.

by Anonymousreply 1007/01/2013

False equivalency troll

by Anonymousreply 1107/01/2013

Howard Stern fucked Robin Givens...is that a scandal? Howard had a million women ding kinky things in his studio like shaving their hairy cunts..is that it? Howard Stern played gunfire over Selena's music after she was murdered was that the scandal? That would be the worst of the worst coming form him.

by Anonymousreply 1207/01/2013

The OP referred to BP and I immediately thought "Bernadette Peters", and was confused.

by Anonymousreply 1307/01/2013

R9

I don't think Julia lost fans because she snagged a married man and acted like a cunt about it.

Julia lost fans because she got old.

by Anonymousreply 1407/01/2013

[quote]I would hardly call Alec's career thriving.

yeah, just a pile of emmys and a few zillion dollars from endlessly-running stupid credit card commercials. poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 1607/01/2013

R15

Throw in Eddie Murphy. Getting caught with Tranny hookers never hurt his career, did it?

by Anonymousreply 1807/01/2013

[quote]Why question Sandra Bullock, when it was her husband?

I find it impossible to believe that you can be married to someone and not realize they are a white supremacist. That's hardly an issue most people could just "agree to disagree on."

It was a big surprise when none of that mess stuck to Sandy. Hopefully I'll live long enough to read Louis' book and get the real scoop.

by Anonymousreply 1907/01/2013

Did I mention the press loves the blacks too?

by Anonymousreply 2007/01/2013

Because Alec is hot?

by Anonymousreply 2107/01/2013

R19

It didn't stick to Sandy because up until that point, she had never done anything to make anyone think she would be a part of something like that. Add on top of that that he cheated on her and publicly humiliated her, Sandy was seen as a victim in all of it. No way any of it was going to stick to her.

by Anonymousreply 2207/01/2013

r15 you leave Michael Jackson and Diddy alone but do what ever you want to Kanye and Chris Brown.

by Anonymousreply 2307/01/2013

Sandy Bullock was clearly in the wrong because she didn't condemn her husbands' actions, nor did she show public outrage. People were also shocked that a actress portrayed as the nice girl next door type would be married to a heavily tattooed white-trash appearing jerk. The PR move to adopt a Black baby only helped to some degree.

Julia Roberts went after a man who had just gotten married. She also isn't known for her charity works. In contrast maneater Angie knew that Brad wasn't legally married, and wanted kids. Some still favor Jen, and dis Angie however.

Sometimes stars who use "bad language" and do "dumb things in public" get massive free pap attention; they also lose their more morally conservative fans. I don't think Alec Baldwin's or Howard Stern's followers were as open-minded as Russell Crowe's.

by Anonymousreply 2407/01/2013

I can't believe that there are some of you are actually believe that someone can be 'stolen' from someone else. It doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 2507/01/2013

The whole business with Bullock that R24 runs down only makes sense if that wasn't a real marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2607/01/2013

Everybody who has kids know that at times they will drive you to say insane things. If you think Baldwin's rant at his daughter was unusual and terrible, you've probably never raised a kid.

Mel WAS insane and insane more then once, also as has been said, he is to the right of Attila The Hun. He is a fanatic and not a nice man.

I half expected him to kill his girlfriend and her baby daughter.

by Anonymousreply 2707/01/2013

R25

Really?

by Anonymousreply 2807/01/2013

r24 - Yes, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston were "legally" married.

by Anonymousreply 2907/01/2013

R25, No one can be stolen unless they want to be. However women are far, far more likely to blame an attractive girl than a man.

R26, People are always blamed for the actions of their friends and associates. If Sandra Bullock was dating a man who said that he admired Fred Phelps would you give her a pass? I sure wouldn't.

R27, Celebs should know that, fairly or not, living their lives in the public eye means that they shouldn't be doing or saying things that everyone else gets away with scot free.

by Anonymousreply 3007/01/2013

R29, Oops, I forgot that publicity generating marriage ceremoney. Perhaps it's because I questioned the reality of the whole situation between Jen&Brad.

by Anonymousreply 3107/01/2013

Because, despite all the anger expressed by mostly females who always seem so bitter that Brad ended up with her, there has never been any proof that there was anything between Angelina and Brad before he separated from his wife. Nonetheless there are those who tried and still try to turn everything Angelina does into something negative.

All the people who knew and followed and reported on these two and there has still never been anyone who could say they were having an affair before the separation.

"Unnamed sources" and "friends of friends" and other imaginary sources after the fact don't count.

Julia was criticized by some because of the way she handled her husband's divorce by seemingly publicly humiliating the wife.

Meg Ryan was still married when she was outed for having an affair with Crowe. This wasn't just rumor or trying to link co-stars. I think Dennis had some hand in letting it be known once he found out - despite the fact that Dennis didn't exactly have clean hands during that marriage. But more than her affair Meg was getting older and not as desirable for her rom-coms - which is why she was moving into more serious drama. That and her later plastic surgery is what seemingly "ended" her career.

by Anonymousreply 3207/01/2013

R29, it doesn't matter because both Jennifer and Brad were seeing other people after the separation and before the divorce became "official". I don't know anyone who thinks once a couple is done and all they are doing is waiting for the official divorce papers that a couple can't get involved with others.

Only people upset about that are people who get dumped and think their partners will miraculously wake up one day and decide to come back.

by Anonymousreply 3307/01/2013

[quote]I think Russell Crowe was damaged by the phone thing, and his career wasn't the same.

If Russell Crowe wasn't such a great actor, then he wouldn't be getting a free pass. He was so awesome in "Man Of Steel" that you forget his past disgressions.

I was surprised that Russell Crowe was close friends with Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 3407/01/2013

R30, I see your point. Even if he were a merkin, she should have received some blowback from having an arrangement with a man like that.

by Anonymousreply 3507/01/2013

No, fuck you R15. Take Janet Jackson for instance, who was crucified and blackballed for a half second flash of her nipple shielded tit on TV. If she was white and Justin Timberlake was black, you can best believe HE would've been the lambasted one. And how the fuck do any if those artists you named get a pass? If anything, the press ONLY talks about their controversies.

R20 speaks more bullshit. The media loves blacks only if they're caught up in scandal. If you're black and your name's not Halle or Will or Denzel or Oprah, the media doesn't give two shits about you.

by Anonymousreply 3607/01/2013

[quote]One person who DIDN'T get the pass she deserved was Billie Holiday.

Billie Holiday had natural raw talent, but her heroin addiction cut her life short. Very sad and tragic life she had.

by Anonymousreply 3907/01/2013

[quote] Sandy Bullock was clearly in the wrong because she didn't condemn her husbands' actions, nor did she show public outrage.

R24, I don't think it would have been appropriate for her to do so. She was going through a divorce with this guy on the heels of that "discovery" and I would never expect her to pile on him at that time. I don't think anyone has a right to expect her to do that.

by Anonymousreply 4007/01/2013

R15 Would you like to expound upon the "creepy zeal" of members of the white community who have rallied around Paula Dean, Donald (birther)Trump,Pat Robinson, Mel Gibson, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Don Imus and Mitt Romney. Each person that I named has had support from the community but they also have had their detractors in the white community. Just as the black celebrities who you mentioned have had support from the black community but also a fare share of detractors. It amazes me that people who know no black people, associate with no black people and know virtually nothing about the black community; have the unmitigated gall to lecture about the black community or lecture to the black community. As far as support for celebrities that some find to be distasteful; according to Paula Dean's supporters it is a matter of freedom of speech. They wept and moaned all last week about freedom of speech and the problem of political correctness. R15 You were probably one of those weeping and moaning and now somehow public support for distasteful celebrities is a shameful evil of the black community. It is unfortunate that the ignorant continue to reduce a community of people to no more than a stereotype that you saw briefly on your television screen. R15 On behalf of the black community let me say that I'm sorry that the white community continues to be victimized and mistreated while the black community gets s free pass. Please enjoy your day and your victimhood. Oh and as far as sticking things; you can take that whole bullshit post you vomited out and stick it.

by Anonymousreply 4107/01/2013

Beats the shut out of me.

by Anonymousreply 4307/01/2013

r37=Racist Old Queen

by Anonymousreply 4407/01/2013

R32 Angelina said in an interview, she fell in love on the set of the crappy movie they shot together. Jennifer even commented on it in Marie-Claire saying Angelina's admission was uncool and inappropriate. Brad was married. How do you fall in love on a set? That's willful. It isn't accidental.

Angelina gets a pass because many people think she's attractive and she does charitable work. She certainly got a pass for advocating the amputation of healthy body tissue. Her article was outrageous, not the least bit empowering. It actually encourages women to get a test that could lead to those women amputating their healthy breasts too. That's not being brave, far from it. You won't hear one male physician advocated testicles as a preemptive treatment for testicular cancer they may or may not develop. Men wouldn't do. Men wouldn't recommend it.

She got a pass for the hijinks with her puffy-lipped brother. How many times did they make out together?

I'll never forget one of her AC360 interviews when he asked about adoption and her answer was, we have to see how the races get along. I had to go back to a transcript because I thought I had misheard.

She also got a pass for her blackface in the movie about the journalist who was beheaded. She put on a curly haired wig and tanning makeup to portray a mixed woman with black ancestry. Other actresses of color were appalled as was I, their responses were muted though because Brangelina are famous, Thandie Newton commented. Brad was asked a question about it. Many were upset because roles of substance for women of color are sparse. He said this wasn't the movie to deal with that. It's irrelevant that the journalist's wife gave the ok. They bought the rights, she wanted the story to be told. It was wrong. I'm disgusted by both of them.

by Anonymousreply 4507/01/2013

r33 - Apparently Anniston didn't think they were "done" -- both Jolie and Pitt admitted to the affair while on the set of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith", which began filming in January 2004. It was one year later, in January 2005 that Pitt and Anniston separated.

by Anonymousreply 4607/01/2013

This thread has been invaded by the suburban housewife brigade.

by Anonymousreply 4707/01/2013

I'm always amused by posters who go on about Sandra Bullock's ex-husband. It's obvious you're either city people (NYC or other NE cities), or you've lived very sheltered lives.

When you live in a town like Austin, you meet lots of different people. You don't associate with the select few who pass your "How do you feel about Fred Phelps?" questionnaire. Some of those people are heavily tattooed and some of them have political beliefs that are very different from your own. Nobody gives a shit.

I think you might be surprised by how much of a live and let live world it is out here in the boonies. That's especially true in college towns like Austin where social life takes place in bars that have a very diverse clientele. In warm weather there are outdoor parties that are open to anyone who hears about them. There are bike runs, huge outdoor parties, and they don't only attract bikers. (I lived in one of those towns and I had a biker friend who hosted an annual run. He lived in an old farmhouse way the hell out of town and during the run the outside top floor of the house was covered by a Nazi flag. I never heard anyone mention it. By the way, the guy had a master's in English literature and was most of the way through a Ph.D.) If you live in one of those towns and you party, you get to know many very diverse people.

I can pretty much guarantee you that people in Austin who were or are part of Sandra Bullock's social group didn't bat an eye at who she married or what he's part of. I've never met her and I never thought a thing of it. Still don't.

Live and let live.

by Anonymousreply 4807/01/2013

I don't care when Pitt and Jolie screwed. Whenever Aniston sees photos of that nasty-looking herd of brats, she probably thanks her lucky stars.

by Anonymousreply 4907/01/2013

What did Billie Holiday s do wrong?

And Julia was criticized for her "A Low Vera" T shirt openly mocking the wife. SHe came across as a bully.

by Anonymousreply 5007/01/2013

I don't give a rats ass about one thing on the OP's list.

by Anonymousreply 5107/01/2013

Sorry, now I understand the post at R37 .

Billie should have gotten a pass and didn't.

But OJ and Kobe got passes but should not have.

by Anonymousreply 5207/01/2013

Julia Roberts was a horrible bitch. I know living with her must be hell. let that be the ex-wife's ultimate revenge. all the money in the world wouldn't make up for having to kowtow to her at all times. he gets what he deserves every day.

by Anonymousreply 5307/01/2013

R53

And the known fact that Danny gets some on the side.

by Anonymousreply 5407/01/2013

R. Kelly. Can't believe he still has a career.

Didn't Snoop Dogg get up to some nasty stuff too?

by Anonymousreply 5507/01/2013

A celebrity can do almost anything and still have some support. Exceptions are saying something racist, extremely sexist or antisemitic; committing rape or murder.

If you are a professional athlete we'll cut you some slack on the rape and murder thing.

by Anonymousreply 5607/01/2013

OJ didn't get a pass, he got a fucked up jury, a fucked up prosecution, and a good defense. And some black people supported him, not because they thought he was innocent, but that he somehow represented all of the black men who had been falsely accused and railroaded by all white juries during Jim Crow.

by Anonymousreply 5707/01/2013

And it doesn't look like Paula Deen's getting a pass thusfar.

by Anonymousreply 5807/01/2013

What r3 said. Op is 11 years old.

by Anonymousreply 5907/01/2013

Who said anything about OJ?

by Anonymousreply 6007/01/2013

Who did Diddy kill?

by Anonymousreply 6107/01/2013

Yes, I would like to know that, too, R61. Tupac?

by Anonymousreply 6207/01/2013

Brolin and Penn both got a pass for beating the shit out of their spouses.

by Anonymousreply 6307/01/2013

Lets face it - it's mostly white people who get a pass when they fuck up. Not always, but most of the time. If a black celeb fucks up, their career is basically over.

by Anonymousreply 6407/01/2013

r4: You are right about Clinton. Similarly, the progressive press has long given Obama a pass on his atrocious stripping of civil liberties and continuation and expansion of noxious Bush-era policies. If Bush had ordered drones over this countries, liberals would be screaming in outrage. Obama does it and there is nary a peep.

by Anonymousreply 6507/01/2013

What's that about the media loving black people?

by Anonymousreply 6607/01/2013

they gave Reagan so many passes they called him the "Teflon Man"

by Anonymousreply 6707/01/2013

R63 and Chris Brown got a pass for beating the shit out of Rihanna.

by Anonymousreply 6807/01/2013

Why people kiss up to Puff Daddy is way beyond, since he has no talent at all.

by Anonymousreply 6907/01/2013

"Michael Jackson."

Michael was deservedly tarnished by the allegations of child molestation.

However....

Woody Allen fucks his underage daughter and even marries her yet still has a career.

You never hear about how Elvis was fucking a fourteen year old Priscilla, but he gets a postal stamp in his honor, and his house is a national tourist attraction.

No one even bothers to touch the creepiness that is the Celine and Rene relationship.

by Anonymousreply 7007/01/2013

-Pretty much all of them under age 38-ish.

-The actresses who preach about feminism (yet look at the profession they're in and how much money they make from it).

-And similar hypocrites, the worst offenders of whom fall under the first item.

by Anonymousreply 7107/01/2013

Neil Patrick Harris was canonized for coming out despite the fact that he was famous and in the closet for 17 years and finally was forced out at age 33.

Clay Aiken came out after only 5 years in the public eye at age 29 but he was crucified for all of those 5 years and is still vilified for not coming out as soon as he became famous.

by Anonymousreply 7207/01/2013

IMHO celebrities get a pass if their bad behavior fits their public image, and are pilloried if their behavior shows the public that they are not who they claimed to be.

Angelina Jolie was known as the sexy bad girl, so the world was impressed when she snagged Pitt, because she hadn't just lived up to her image - she topped herself. Meg Ryan has one little affair and her career is over, because she'd played the ideal girlfriend and loyal wife in public.

Chris Brown, Charlie Sheen, and Sean Penn play the rebellious bad boys in public, so nobody's surprised when they beat up a woman. Mel Gibson played the noble heroes, so the world is horrified when he yells at a cop and his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 7307/01/2013

R48, you say open-minded, I say fucked-up.

I don't want a nazi sympathizer or a homophobe for a friend. I'm stuck with family; I choose my friends. Apparently you're OK with that.

Live and let live (but avoid bigots).

by Anonymousreply 7407/01/2013

Hi Marianne Pearl chose Angie to play her in the film and they became very close friends. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 7507/01/2013

R74, I agree, and I also believe in "live and let live." However Nazi sympathizers and homophobes are not just politically incorrect and insensitive. I've never met one yet that wasn't extremely angry and potentially very dangerous. Why court trouble?

by Anonymousreply 7607/01/2013

Seeing as Sandra Bullock is a lesbian, it makes sense she would not know much about Jesse James. That whole marriage was arranged for her to look heterosexual. If you want to see how awkward she is regarding sexuality, watch her talk about kissing Meryl on Graham Norton. It makes you realize that she rarely has kissed anyone on screen. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 7707/01/2013

R74 & R76, in a small town that has a large transient population, partying with other locals and having mutual friends is not a big deal. You get to know the non-student, non-tourist, non-transient population who frequent the same bars you do. It's a simple fact.

Cities are very different in that regard, part of the reason I've never enjoyed living in big cities.

My guess is Bullock got to know James from hanging out in the same places or knowing some of the same people and it went from there.

I don't consider it a big deal. I don't really care how you feel about it.

by Anonymousreply 7807/01/2013

[quote]Woody Allen fucks his underage daughter and even marries her yet still has a career.

Woody still has a career because his movies cost pennies but usually make money, even the flops, and because he writes such rich roles for actors that they'll forgive his sins. If he were a comedian like Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell who depended on mass audiences, he would have been finished in 1992.

As for Alec Baldwin, I think his terrible reputation is what will save him after these latest homophobic remarks. There's mountains of evidence that he's a difficult asshole, so a lot of people will attribute his remarks to that instead of bigotry. Tom Hanks would suffer far more if he did the same thing.

The asshole defense only gets you so far, though. It usually stops when the nasty behavior either turns to violence or, even worse, costs a studio money.

by Anonymousreply 7907/02/2013

that idiot on 30 Rock and SNL got off scott free for disparaging remarks about the gays.

by Anonymousreply 8007/02/2013

Soon-Yi was at least 20 years old. She was not underage.

She was not his daughter. She was the adopted daughter of his lover. They never lived in the same home. He was never a parental figure.

They have been married for 15 years and together for over 20.

Unclench.

by Anonymousreply 8107/02/2013

I think it all depends on how pretty you are.

by Anonymousreply 8207/02/2013

Pretty much, R82, but I'd phrase it as, you get a free pass if you have power (as measured in money, influence, career success, whatever).

Hollywood and the PR / marketing machine that supports it are designed to prop up stars who have the proven ability to make money for themselves and everyone else in the projects they're involved in. Each star helps support an ecosystem of studios, producers, crew members, assistants, PR flacks, etc. - if that ecosystem is threatened, it will try to protect itself, in part by burying bad press and giving stars a "pass", so long as they can still generate money for everyone else. If the star's influence is weak or fading, they're thrown under the bus.

This applies regardless of race (though it probably correlates with minority actors having less power and influence in general). Will Smith generally gets a pass on things like his Scientology because until recently, he was a reliable hit-maker at the global box office. Compare how people treat his Scientology to Tom Cruise's.

Sandra Bullock? Around the time of the "scandal" (if you can call it that), she was in the prime of her hot streak (with the Blind Side, the Proposal, etc.) So she was treated as a sympathetic unknowing victim.

Angelina and Brad were already established stars and coming off the success of Mr. and Mrs. Smith when their affair broke, and while I'd disagree they got off with a "pass", I think everyone in the Hollywood eco-system realized the value in drawing out the drama and presenting their version of events.

Alec Baldwin is still coming off the late career resurgence he had with 30 Rock, and he has friends willing to speak on his behalf. If he were a has-been, he'd be toast (just like Mel Gibson).

Compare them to cases like Mel Gibson or Meg Ryan, who was already losing her looks and box office appeal when her affair with Russell Crowe happened. If the movie they were in had actually been a box office hit, they'd have gotten less flak, and the story would've been buried.

by Anonymousreply 8307/02/2013

[quote] Angelina said in an interview, she fell in love on the set of the crappy movie they shot together. Jennifer even commented on it in Marie-Claire saying Angelina's admission was uncool and inappropriate. Brad was married. How do you fall in love on a set?

R45, that's not what she said. That quote was taken out of context to make a great tabloid story. She said she thought her kids would think it funny to see a film where their parents fall in love and try to kill each other. She was clearly speaking of the characters.

Jennifer in that article was talking about Angelina saying she enjoyed working with Pitt as a costar and looked forward to getting to the set each day. That is what Jennifer said was an "uncool" remark. Hardly an inappropriate or uncool thing to say since costars regularly say that about each other.

I don't even know what to say about the rest of your bizarre and angry post except you have anger issues over this woman.

Neither she nor Pitt admitted to having an affair before Brad and Jennifer separated in Jan 2005. Brad said in some TV interview they fell in love after that. Though I think HE fell in love before - he's the one who seemed to be chasing Angelina all over the world after he left Jennifer. Also if you want to quibble, there was still a set to fall in love on after he separated because that film had lots of reshoots up to a short time before its release in June 2005.

Must we rehash all this old debunked tabloid gossip? I guess we must.

I don't know why people give Sandra such a hard time over what her husband did? I think it's entirely possible that she had no idea about certain aspects of his life. These weren't 2 people confined to one smallish suburban house. They had multiple homes and offices making it easy to have a life apart from the marriage. Like his affairs. And just having Nazi memorabilia doe snot make you a nazi supporter. Lots of families have fathers and grandfathers who brought things home from the war.

I don't see how OJ got a pass. He just got lucky with a bad prosecution. A pass would have been not being prosecuted at all.

Poor Meg. I'm sure she's financially comfortable and has happy memories of a pretty successful career. I used to enjoy her little rom-coms - I still love You've Got Mail for all kinds of sappy reasons. Hell, she got to boff Crowe when he was still sexy.

by Anonymousreply 8407/02/2013

[quote]Seeing as Sandra Bullock is a lesbian, it makes sense she would not know much about Jesse James. That whole marriage was arranged for her to look heterosexual. If you want to see how awkward she is regarding sexuality, watch her talk about kissing Meryl on Graham Norton. It makes you realize that she rarely has kissed anyone on screen. Ever.

You haven't seen many of Sandy's films then. She's kissed Tate Donovan, Dale Midkiff, Craig Sheffer, Fisher Stevens, Keanu Reeves, Bradley Cooper, Harry Connick Jr, Ben Affleck, and many other men onscreen. Her chemistry with Keanu in SPEED was off the charts, as was her chemistry with Connick in HOPE FLOATS.

by Anonymousreply 8507/02/2013

Jennifer & Brad were hardly happily married. They had very public rows. She 'Chad Lowe'd him when she won the Golden Globe. They both gave very public interviews in which they said in effect they weren't sure it would last. During the shoot for Troy it was generally accepted by the tabs that they were separating. All before Angelina came along. The golden couple destroyed by the evil Angelina was retrofitted to fit a narrative that sold magazines. Everyone forgets that for a very short period after Friends and The Good Girl Jen Aniston was white hot. At that time Brad wanted kids and Jennifer wanted a career but neither wanted to rock the boat with mutual projects they wanted to promote. They continued to stay together for public appearances but it was more and more obvious that they were divorcing most notably when they argued at Cannes on the red carpet for Troy in front of the press. Also a huge thing that most tabloid coverage overlooks is that Mr & Mrs Smith had a long break to allow Pitt to shoot one of the Oceans movie it was right after Oceans 12(?) that Pitt/Aniston announced plans to divorce and their publicity statement said they had been separated for a year which would put the separation well before Angelina.

by Anonymousreply 8607/02/2013

R77, If Sandy wasn't aware of her "husband's" extreme beliefs and practices, then she's very foolish for not doing a background check before hand. Look at all the scammers who try to date celebs. Don't they have protective assistants warning them to be very careful?

Once the extreme pro-Nazi behavior came to light, SB should have made a very strong public statement condemning his behavior. It would be the same if she had supposedly unwittingly married a Satanist.

by Anonymousreply 8707/02/2013

Julia Roberts image took a huge hit.

People openly hate her.

by Anonymousreply 8807/02/2013

I shudder to think about some of the honestly innocent things in my own past that could be exploited to make me look like a horrible human being and that makes me slow to condemn anyone in the public eye. While I don't believe in The Bible as fact, I do think the whole "cast the first stone" parable has a lot of validity.

by Anonymousreply 8907/02/2013

That's what gets me. People openly hate Julia Roberts, yet she still gets jobs. I don't think the public particularly cared about Meg And Russell Crow. Sure it was gossipy, but I don't think her fans turned on her - the industry try did. Movie roles dried up and there seemed to have been a smear campaign (I always presumed Dennis Quaid was behind it).

by Anonymousreply 9007/02/2013

r91 = FRAUZILLA - GTFO this site you fucking FAT FRAU!

by Anonymousreply 9207/02/2013

"Soon-Yi was at least 20 years old."

According to Woody. You think he's going to say he was screwing an underage kid?

The fact that she's rumored to be mentally disabled is even creepier.

There's a reason his biological son doesn't speak to him anymore, dollface.

Don't be so naïve.

by Anonymousreply 9407/02/2013

As for Soon-Yi staying with Woody for so long, I don't think it's because of love. Rumor has it that the pre-nup leaves her with nothing if they get a divorce, and doesn't leave their daughters with much more.

She doesn't seem to have any money or career of her own.

by Anonymousreply 9507/02/2013

"Howard Stern fucked Robin Givens...is that a scandal? "

Who hasn't fucked Robin Givens?

Seriously, wasn't Howard already divorced from his first harpy wife at that point and wasn't Robin single, why would this be a scandal?

What did Robin say about Howard's small cock?

by Anonymousreply 9607/02/2013

Both Roman Polanski and Elia Kazan kinda/sorta got a pass.

by Anonymousreply 9707/02/2013

[quote]Don't be so naïve.

Is it possible that you're being the one being naïve? While talented, Mia Farrow is pretty unbalanced. You automatically assume she is telling the truth.

According to Woody AND Soon-Yi, she was 20 when their relationship started. She also refutes the Mia Farrow claim that she's retarded.

As for Ronan Farrow, I know he can do no wrong here on DL because he is hot and smart. However, he could well have mommy issues.

by Anonymousreply 9807/02/2013

Back in the 1970s, Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant and Jimmy Page fucked and traveled with underage groupies. There are photos of these young teen girls on their tour jet, at LA clubs and just hanging out with Zep and their entourage.

Plant and Page were so in-you-face about being with these girls, they sure didn't hide it. Page even had one groupie, the infamous, and seemingly mentally challenged, Lori Maddox, kidnapped and brought to his hotel. Neither Plant or Page were ever charged. Even though the girls consented, it would have legally been considered statutory rape.

Apparently none of these girls hanging out at LA clubs and fucking famous rockers, while they were 13-14 years of age, had parents. I'd sure be concerned if my teen daughter or son was away for weeks on end!

There was actually a glossy groupie magazine at the time which promoted this type of behavior to other young female teens.

by Anonymousreply 9907/02/2013

[quote]Angie knew that Brad wasn't legally married, and wanted kids.

He and Aniston weren't legally married?

[quote]Seriously, wasn't Howard already divorced from his first harpy wife

Wasn't his first wife famous for being very private and not commenting at all about her husband's career? I believe the only time she said anything is when he made some distasteful comment about her miscarriage on the air.

by Anonymousreply 10007/02/2013

R99, I remember in "I'm With The Band" by the "ultimate groupie," and in real life, substitute teacher, bragging about her encounters with Jimmy Page and other rock stars. She engaged in phone sex fantasies, often pretending that she was a very young child, not just an adolescent.

For some reason, young teens having group sex with celebs was a status symbol for both. Even Oprah Winfrey had a show where rock "gods" admitted they rarely even talked to the girls, not even asking their names.

by Anonymousreply 10107/02/2013

R97, What did Elia Kazan do? How old was his daughter, Lainey Kazan, at that time?

by Anonymousreply 10207/02/2013

R102 - He was called before the House Committee on Unamerican Activities and asked to name people who had been communists in the '30s and '40s. Many refused to name people, but he gave them up.

by Anonymousreply 10307/02/2013

R103, Thanks for the info. That's a far more serious moral breach than anything else on this thread. Why did he get a pass? I would have blackballed him in return from any future Hollywood employment, at any level.

by Anonymousreply 10407/02/2013

Yep, R^$, my career ended when those pics became public and I was dethroned.

by Anonymousreply 10507/02/2013

R64, I mean

by Anonymousreply 10607/02/2013

I'm not sure Kazan got a pass. He went on to make great films, but he probably wasn't very well respected among his peers. I remember he got an honorary Oscar and not everyone was happy. I recall Ed Harris looking particularly stone faced as others around him applauded.

by Anonymousreply 10707/02/2013

[quote]There's a reason his biological son doesn't speak to him anymore, dollface.

I'm friends with Ronan. This is false.

by Anonymousreply 10807/02/2013

Angelina was just a bigger movie star than Jennifer Aniston at the time. Plus she had all those children hanging around her and all her UN causes and people just believed any guy who'd saddle himself with a crazy woman with kids and is willing to be a dad to them had to be serious about this woman. If Pitt had had an affair with Angelina and then dumped her he probably would have gotten more flack. People just bought into the theory that Jennifer Aniston didn't want kids & Brad did so he got sympathy for that.

Meg Ryan lost her career because she got a lip implant that made her look weird and ugly. She was hard to cast after that.

Actors who're known to be angry assholes get away with more. that's why Alex Baldwin & Christian Bale get by sometime. There's a limit though. If Alex had actually abused his daughter or if he'd call some guy a faggot he probably would have been more repercussions. But really what can you do to him. The show he's on is cancelled. It's not like he's Paula Deen with a cooking show, a book deal and selling stuff in Walmart & Target. It's hard to punish someone who's got nothing going on like Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 10907/02/2013

Woody is a disgusting pervert.

Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 11007/02/2013

What about Lindsey Lohan (the thread is long, she may have been mentioned) but not only does she get a pass with acting, appearance projects but she avoided jail numerous times. Her rehab seems to be on her conditions (location, allowing her to use Adderall).

I thought Soon Li was a teenager when Allen starting taking nudes of her.

by Anonymousreply 11107/02/2013

Leave this gay board asshole fraud r93

by Anonymousreply 11207/02/2013

They all annoy me. Some scandals aren't a big deal but I HATE when a celeb does or says something awful and the media/public turn a blind eye. Alec Baldwin and Charlie Sheen are the worst, most repeat offenders. I'd love to blacklist those c***s.

by Anonymousreply 11307/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.