Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tumblr Goes Republican

A formal spin-off to our "Conservatives Upset At Lady Gaga" thread. It seems we're onto something.

Let's start with Tumblr blog CaliforniaRepublican, started by a 22-year-old bisexual girl.

"Lexie" found Lady Gaga's amending the National Anthem with: [italic]Land of the free, and the home for the gay[/italic] "disturbing, revolting and insulting."

"Promoting the Gay agenda is one thing.

The gay flag, the rainbow flag that mimics the American flag with the 50 stars attached is flag desecration and illegal.

by Anonymousreply 4707/02/2013

OP, R1, R2 all the same Freeper, trolldar

by Anonymousreply 307/01/2013

Ugh, what an insufferable cunt. People who don't know how to use a gun shouldn't be involved in making gun control laws, but she is ok to pass down her opinions on renewable energy and everything else under the sun?

When someone says " I started researching, forming my own opinions on things, and then voicing them" prepare yourself for a torrent of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 407/01/2013

The OP of this is the same dipshit who's linking to her blog. WE hate you.

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2013

Who gives a shit what some ill-informed child of privilege thinks about anything? She's as vapid as the day is long.

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2013

She should be slapped viciously for her repeated use of 'm'kay?' - bitch needs to update her references.

by Anonymousreply 807/01/2013

Oh please. Rednecks sing the anthem half drunk at football games. She changed a word, AT PRIDE.

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013

My question is, why the hell is the OP posting her great knowledge here? Oh, wait that's right, description of the site is pointless bitchery.

Guess OP should have done more research.

Or she considers her opinions pointless.

by Anonymousreply 1007/01/2013

OP is probably Lexie herself.

by Anonymousreply 1107/01/2013

By the way, singers change the lyrics to suit the situation all the time. What a big yawn.

by Anonymousreply 1207/01/2013

I agree with r7 that she was exploiting the situation to suck up to gays as much as possible, but I still can't get that worked up over it considering the event. Maybe I'm wrong though, slippery slope and all.

by Anonymousreply 1407/01/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1507/01/2013

Why did the Republican cross the road? There was a black guy on the first side

by Anonymousreply 1607/01/2013

We still have people on other countries fighting a war yet conservatives find a word in a song deserves more attention? That's rich.

by Anonymousreply 1707/01/2013

R18, Happy, because they lover Lady Gaga and some of them fighting for us in those countries are openly gay troops.

by Anonymousreply 1907/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 2007/01/2013

"Hi, I'm 20 and I have a blog and this is apparently 1998 where everyone needs to care."

by Anonymousreply 2107/01/2013

[quote]How do you think it would make those people fighting a war in other countries feel to hear this singer, a fading star at that, change the words?

I would imagine most people in war zones couldn't possibly care less about such a triviality.

How do you think they feel about you using them to score points in an online argument about a pop singer?

by Anonymousreply 2307/01/2013

I'm a soldier. I was in combat for over three years. We didn't really give a shit about the National Anthem during most of that time.

by Anonymousreply 2407/01/2013

Is r18 a parody post?

by Anonymousreply 2507/01/2013

[quote]How do you think it would make those people fighting a war in other countries feel to hear this singer, a fading star at that, change the words?

Picture is worth a thousand words:

by Anonymousreply 2607/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 2707/01/2013

[quote]Go Lexi, you are spot on.

Hi, Lexie.

by Anonymousreply 2907/01/2013

R23, Did you watch episode 6 of House of Cards last night?

by Anonymousreply 3007/01/2013

Who is this idiotic Lexi? Some inbred kook?

by Anonymousreply 3107/01/2013

Wit&Wisdom for r23!

by Anonymousreply 3207/01/2013

[quote] Did you watch episode 6 of House of Cards last night?

What does that have to do with the question I asked you that you just dodged?

by Anonymousreply 3307/01/2013

[quote] No I do not think they would mind me using them to prove a point, especially coming from a military family. She, and anyone who changes the anthem, are being disrespectful to those who serve during times of war.

In other words, you reserve the right to use the military to prove a point while criticizing others for not considering how the military might feel when they make a point you don't like.

You are the very definition of a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 3507/01/2013

Last I checked we had the right to freedom of speech. Remember all those freedoms?

As for the flag, it is permissible to burn it as free expression. This was decided by the SCOTUS.

Those freedoms set us apart from the rest of the world.

And if we use Lexie's reasoning, that everyone has the right to get married, then how come gays have been denied the ability to get married until now? How come they can get a referendum on a ballot to BAN same-sex marriage?? Huh?? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

by Anonymousreply 3607/01/2013

R35, She is not making a point. She is going for shock value and trying to build up gay support, which she did quite well, with our national anthem.

If fantasia stood up there and sang home for the blacks you would have a coronary, but since it was about gays it is OK. What was it you called me?

by Anonymousreply 3707/01/2013

You can find thousands of similar "violations" against the flag at Tea Party rallies and Republican conventions. The outrage here is, as always with Republican outrage, highly selective bullshit that can be safely ignored.

by Anonymousreply 3807/01/2013

Oh, goodness. r37 has accused me of imaginary racism based on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT HIS OWN IMAGINATION! However will I recover from such a devastating rhetorical attack?

You're a hypocrite, sweetheart. You can sling all the made-up accusations against me all you want, but you're criticizing her for doing the same thing you are.

by Anonymousreply 3907/01/2013

What the hell is a Pastafarian?

by Anonymousreply 4007/01/2013

R40, Those who worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster

by Anonymousreply 4107/01/2013

I posted this on the other thread:

[Quote]I pray to the God of Abraham, but I’m also a Pastafarian Minister. Sortof. I believe in a higher power, but the concept is highly abstract and very complicated

Yeah it's very complicated. She believes in a nihilistic, omnipotent and omnipresent God that controls the universe.

She also believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. A plate of pasta and meatballs that lives somewhere in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.

by Anonymousreply 4207/01/2013

It's not my blog.

by Anonymousreply 4307/01/2013

[quote]One could possibly overlook the flag, even though it is in poor taste, but changing the lyrics to the anthem was tacky and only done for shock value.

I see madbot's got a heavy flow.

by Anonymousreply 4407/01/2013

R13, just in case you were feeling ignored (or worse, safe to keep spewing your homophobic bile here), I just wanted to know that I hope you die very soon. It can only improve the earth for you not to be on it.

by Anonymousreply 4507/01/2013

Why did the Republican cross the road?

Because Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Michelle Malkin, Anne Colter, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck said Real AmericansTM cross roads.

by Anonymousreply 4607/02/2013

I'm ashamed that that bitch came from good Australian stock, land of gun control, no death penalty and a (weakened) universal healthcare system. Apologies to you fine folk of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 4707/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!