Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jennifer Lopez: Sorry I performed for Turkmenistan leader

"The event was vetted by her representatives, had there been knowledge of human rights issues of any kind, Jennifer would not have attended."

by Anonymousreply 6607/04/2013

She's such a whore. You can dress her all up, put nice jewelry on her, but she's still a comman tramp. No excuses - she, and her team, knew who this guy is. This pitiful ' We didnt know he was considered a bad guy' lie, only makes it look worse. Miss no morals is so over. She's a cheap, whory, hunty, and deserves all the backlash she's starting to get. Just go suck on a cock, cause your miss hunty from the block.

by Anonymousreply 107/01/2013

Did they send her home with the Turkey leftovers?

by Anonymousreply 207/01/2013

She only says this after being paid millions of dollars, I'm sure. What a whore.

by Anonymousreply 307/01/2013

My bad. But thanks for the $10 million paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2013

It's dirty money.

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2013

Well, he tortures people, so I think he got what he deserved.

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2013

"...had there been knowledge of human rights issues..." No, well fair enough, too. It isn't as though this information has been in, you know, the NEWSPAPERS 'n stuff.

by Anonymousreply 807/01/2013

So she performs for President Evil, keeps the money, and slams him after she's cashed the check.

She isn't violating anyone's human rights, but she sure is sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013

What's even sadder she only said this after the Turkmenistan leader said:

"I'm so sorry I had Jennifer Lopez perform for me. If I had seen her movies first, that never would have happened."

by Anonymousreply 1007/01/2013

Will these greedy cunts never learn? Although, hopefully this will have the same effect on her career as it did for Hilary Swank's.

by Anonymousreply 1107/01/2013

If you are sorry, put your money where your mouth usually is. Donate all that money you made for that event to a human rights organization.

Otherwise, shut the fuck up you lying whore. Buy your own damn cheese for that whine.

by Anonymousreply 1207/01/2013

[quote]If you are sorry, put your money where your mouth usually is. Donate all that money you made for that event to a human rights organization.

Exactly. But I bet the greedy cunt won't do that.

by Anonymousreply 1307/01/2013

It's a fucking long flight. Probably with in-flight satellite wi-fi. She couldn't have Googled. I guess seeing her name autofill with "cunt" on every search put her off.

by Anonymousreply 1407/01/2013

She knows that nothing happened to Beyonce when she took millions from a murderous dictator so why shouldn't she profit from other people's murders also?

by Anonymousreply 1507/01/2013

Such bullshit. JLo has no obligation to relinquish the gigs she's earned out of deference to other people's political views. I wonder how you would all feel if K-Pop stars were pressured into boycotting performances in the US to protest a warmongering country that constantly violates international law.

JLo, get that cash gurl.

by Anonymousreply 1607/01/2013

False equivalency, R16.

by Anonymousreply 1707/01/2013

r1 spot on. you can take the money hustler from the gutter but...

by Anonymousreply 1807/01/2013

On Today this morning Savannah Guthrie scoffed at the so-called "vetting", saying she did a simple google search and immediately found articles documenting this guy's human rights record.

by Anonymousreply 1907/01/2013

R15 Incorrect. Beyoncé ended up donating the money.

by Anonymousreply 2007/01/2013

If she donated the money to charity, I'd believe her.

by Anonymousreply 2107/01/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2207/01/2013

lol at r7

JLo always struck me as a money grubbing fame-whore. This just cement it

by Anonymousreply 2307/01/2013

She knew the guy was a brutal dictator. She just didn't CARE. And she obviously thought if she were found out she'd just play the plausible deniability card and get away with it, while still cashing those checks.

All of these stars know what they're doing. You think she just hopped on a plane to Turkmenistan without her management knowing wtf that was?

by Anonymousreply 2407/01/2013

people please.. j-lo would never donate the money... she has no morals... she will put some of her shitty old clothes on ebay and donate the proceeds to charity a la kardashian...

by Anonymousreply 2507/01/2013

How about she performs a charity concert for the families of the 19 firemen who perished last night?

by Anonymousreply 2607/01/2013

r26 GOOD CALL.!!!

by Anonymousreply 2707/01/2013

What did Hillary Swank do?

by Anonymousreply 2807/01/2013

Yeah, just what a grieving family wants. A Jennifer Lopez concert.

by Anonymousreply 2907/01/2013

[quote]I wonder how you would all feel if K-Pop stars were pressured into boycotting performances in the US to protest a warmongering country that constantly violates international law.

I wonder why you think this is a potential loss for us. We'd consider it a great favor if K-Pop embargoed the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 3007/01/2013

[quote]What did Hillary Swank do?

She gave a fawning speech at the birthday party for a Chechen warlord.

by Anonymousreply 3107/01/2013

Fundraiser, R29.

by Anonymousreply 3207/01/2013

That Chechen warlord (president) encourages men to take 3 wives. He pretends he's against bride kidnapping, but so far only a woman has gone to jail for bride abduction. The Chechen pres also approves of paintball attacks on women considered "immodestly dressed" by their male Islamic overlords. If for nothing else, a woman a should refuse to appear with the Chechen president because of the treatment of women in hs cave man, fundamemtalist muslim society.

by Anonymousreply 3307/01/2013

My understanding is that she didn't perform FOR him. She was hired by the Chinese Petro company and he happened to be there. I doubt the Chinese Petro company send her a guest list and she and her team spent time vetting every attendee to determine whether or not they were warlords, evil Presidents, etc. Should they have? Probably. Would they have given JLo the guest list if she asked? Probably not, due to security reasons and they wouldn't want the document to leak.

They asked her to sing Happy Birthday and she said yes, probably on the fly as she wanted repeat business with this Petrol company so she just agreed to it without thinking through the consequences. It was a stupid mistake as he is a horrible man. But it wasn't like Hilary Swank and Beyonce performing FOR Gaddafi. That was literally like "Gaddafi requests the presence of Beyonce Knowles to perform her hit songs" and she was like "sign me up!"

Jennifer Lopez was blindsided and stupidly sang Happy Birthday to a horrible person. She should keep the money and be more careful next time.

by Anonymousreply 3407/01/2013

No, the whole party was FOR him since it was his birthday. That's why they were all in attendance and that's why Lopez was hired.

by Anonymousreply 3507/01/2013

R34, where are you?

by Anonymousreply 3607/01/2013

Illogical R34. First of all J-low dose not need the money. She is rich beyond your wildest imagination. So we are really talking about symbolic truth, honesty and redemption.

If she said "fuck you bitches, I did what I did and I am what I am" then she should keep the money.

But you cant have it both ways. If you say "oh I made a mistake, didn't do it on purpose" then you need to do more then verbalize it, you need to correct the mistake.

Donate the money, honey. You were raised hard core Catholic girl, you know you are supposed to give until it hurts. Poverty is a virtue, wealth is a sin. Now be a good little Catholic girl and give all that money back and then some.

by Anonymousreply 3707/01/2013

Even if she gives it to a charity she gets a monster write-off.

What is the moral step?

Let's ask a showgirl.

by Anonymousreply 3807/01/2013

She ain't giving the money back. Who knows where it's going?:

Though not a practitioner herself, Jennifer Lopez spoke up on behalf of Scientology – and revealed that her father, David Lopez, is a follower – during a weekend interview with a Miami TV station.

"My dad has been a Scientologist for 20 years," Lopez, 37, told South Florida's NBC6. "It's weird people want to paint it in a negative way."

Lopez made her remarks while being asked about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' Nov. 18 "wedding of the decade" in Italy, which Lopez and her husband, Marc Anthony, attended. Besides the groom, Lopez's close friend, Leah Remini, is a Scientologist.

Asked for her response to some people's negative perception of Scientology, Lopez said, "I, myself, am Catholic. But it's just sad that people would look at it (Scientology) in that way."

After the interview aired, Lopez's rep, Leslie Sloane, said, "Jennifer is not a Scientologist, nor is she becoming a Scientologist.”

by Anonymousreply 3907/01/2013

[quote]But it's just sad that people would look at it (Scientology) in that way.

This could easily be resolved with the Scientology truth machine.

by Anonymousreply 4007/01/2013

She is stupid and couldn't find this country on a map. All about the money. Her stupid team didn't do any research about the place they were going to or about the president that they were performing for??????? GHETTO and LOW CLASS..

by Anonymousreply 4107/01/2013

R16, South Korea is a strong ally to the U.S. iIf not for U.S. presence, they would be immediately overrun by that country you may have heard of... You know, the one directly to the north.

by Anonymousreply 4207/01/2013

Shouldn't she apologize every time she performs?

by Anonymousreply 4307/02/2013

People, people- relax.

She's still just Jenny from the block.

by Anonymousreply 4407/02/2013

loathe her!

by Anonymousreply 4507/02/2013

Don't apologize Jenny, just take the money and run!

by Anonymousreply 4607/02/2013

Supposedly Lopez's team had vetted the dictator.

Have they never heard of Google?

by Anonymousreply 4707/02/2013

Seems to be the standard procedure for this; do the gig, bank the cheque and then say SOWEEEE ...

by Anonymousreply 4807/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 4907/02/2013

She's full of shit. Jenny from the Bronx always goes for the money and she's loaded.

What should is really sorry is that some dictator is willing to pay her $10 million to actually perform. She is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 5007/02/2013

[quote]What should is really sorry is that some dictator is willing to pay her $10 million to actually perform.

He didn't. PetroChina, the state-owned Chinese oil company, did.

by Anonymousreply 5107/02/2013

If J-Lo can afford white furniture, white painted walls, and white flowers to each Hotel she stays in, then she can afford to give the money to charity.

by Anonymousreply 5207/02/2013

In Jlo's defense, she just thought she was in the South Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 5307/02/2013

It's morally okay to start throwing things at her, right? Like fruits and vegetables?

by Anonymousreply 5407/02/2013

[quote]Supposedly Lopez's team had vetted the dictator. Have they never heard of Google?

I'm sure they've heard of it, used it in this case, and didn't care what came up. All they cared about was that "Jenny from the block" was getting paid $10 million. The plan was to backpedal after the fact and hope that the fans would fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 5507/02/2013

I just saw a story on Toni Braxton where she admitted she does a couple Russian private parties a year and it's gooood money. Certainly more than any record sales for her.

by Anonymousreply 5607/02/2013

She's common.

by Anonymousreply 5707/02/2013

The good ol' "ask for permission now or forgiveness later" conundrum.

$10 million says the latter.

by Anonymousreply 5807/02/2013

did she return the money?

by Anonymousreply 5907/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 6007/03/2013

$10 million? Fuckin'-A!!

BFD. I'm livin' large. Mind your own goddamn business. We're artists. Jennifer goes where the money is. And I just do what I'm told.

by Anonymousreply 6107/03/2013

She's a lying bitch...always has been but I still think she's a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 6207/03/2013

She's nothing but ghetto trash with no dignity or morals.

by Anonymousreply 6307/03/2013

What she shudda done is say "Which one of YOU mufuckers claims they wuddinut done the same thang for ten million bucks, gimme a f'en break I ain't apologizing fer shit," and then make a stylish and ladylike exit.

by Anonymousreply 6407/03/2013

Sadly, as rich as these folks are, most of them would do the same as Lopez. It bothers me how people in their place in life are STILL so damn greedy!

by Anonymousreply 6507/03/2013

A good rule of thumb for these morons would be to avoid countries that have "istan" as a suffix.

by Anonymousreply 6607/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!