Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Peggy Noonan: Wendy Davis Stood for 'Infanticide'

How many bottles do you think she had?

by Anonymousreply 9410/30/2014

She doesn't need to drink a drop, she's a permanently unhinged narcissist. She gets drunk at the sound of her own elitist voice and high on what she fantasizes are her admirably superior highflown words.

by Anonymousreply 107/01/2013

Peggy, like most white GOP women voters, is past child bearing age and doesn't have a vested interest in upholding women's reproductive rights.

It's a classic example of "This doesn't affect me, so I feel perfectly qualified and entitled to tell you what you must do ... or stop doing."

These days she's merely a passed it harridan.

by Anonymousreply 207/01/2013

Dear Peggy Noonan,

There aren't enough abortion. So STFU.

by Anonymousreply 307/01/2013

Geez, OP. Do you still think liberals and conservatives are the same?

by Anonymousreply 407/01/2013

You have to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2013

We mailed her a fetus yesterday with a note saying, "Please give Marnie here a good home or feed to a nice python. A life is a terrible thing to waste."

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2013

Just watch Peggy Noonan's eyes when she's on these shows. She hates to make eye contact. She looks down or talks with her eyes closed. I admit I am so busy looking at her shifty eyes, I sometimes miss her (usually repugnant) message.

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2013

I don't understand why we can't just do with Peggy what we do with my aunt at Thanksgiving who's also a lush - ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 807/01/2013

[quote]Peggy, like most white GOP women voters, is past child bearing age and doesn't have a vested interest in upholding women's reproductive rights.

What's surprising is how many of these women have had abortions. The hypocrites are often the loudest and shrillest.

Even so, the anti-abortion groups are dominated by men who either believe in the sanctity of sperm or who believe they deserve to control women.

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013

"What's surprising is how many of these women have had abortions."

But darling, we've made a point of sincerely regretting it ever since.

by Anonymousreply 1007/01/2013

[quote]But darling, we've made a point of sincerely regretting it ever since.

And making sure other women don't get the chance to make the same mistake.

by Anonymousreply 1107/01/2013

Peggy also has the biggest daddy complex: Ronnie Raygun, Pope JPII. She's gets unhinged if you criticize either "daddy." Neither of them unfortunately had sex with her which would have fulfilled all her fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 1207/01/2013

Peggy, in addition to being a raging boozehound who has gotten thrown out of events, was known as "Pegger Nooner" for her rapacious sexual appetite for married men.

Now she is a Republican scold. How predictable.

by Anonymousreply 1307/01/2013

She sucked Reagan's cock so much she caught his Alzheimer's.

by Anonymousreply 1407/01/2013

She's totally psychotic yet someone gives her a platform every Sunday morning to spew her evilness.

by Anonymousreply 1507/01/2013

Peggy reminds me of that dazed old gal on Vicious.

by Anonymousreply 1807/01/2013

[quote]These days she's merely a passed it harridan.

If you mean to say that her age renders her past it with respect to offering credible arguments against abortion rights, I agree.

If you're talking about her ability to throw a football, I'd say she's past it on that front too.

by Anonymousreply 1907/01/2013

She has had good work.

by Anonymousreply 2007/01/2013

R19 -- I meant it like "time has passed her by."

by Anonymousreply 2107/01/2013

Aw, R16, I assumed you meant "passed OUT."

by Anonymousreply 2207/01/2013

Many of the most rabid in the anti-abortion movement are unlikely to procreate again, if they ever did before.

The entirety of the Roman Catholic clergy are among them.

by Anonymousreply 2307/01/2013

I'm against killing infants, R24.

Fetuses, on the other hand, are fair game.

by Anonymousreply 2507/01/2013

Then don't have an abortion, R24. Don't support your friends who are thinking of having one. Don't drive anyone to the abortion clinic. (Ironically you could get killed by one of your fellow idiots.)

But you don't get to limit someone from having one.

I hope you don't have a daughter, wife, sister, niece who gets raped by a stranger or a family member (perhaps your father). You'd give all the support to the rapist and not to them.

And I hope, if you are a breeder, that you have used birth control, that you have been responsible so one of your idiotic sperm doesn't knock anyone up accidentally. Because it takes two to get someone pregnant, though most men want to put it all the women.

by Anonymousreply 2607/01/2013

[quote]I can't support killing infants,

What a brave, brave stance.

Of course, no one else supports killing infants either, so you're in good company.

by Anonymousreply 2707/01/2013

I agree, r26. And R24 also should do whatever he can to encourage the use of safe & effective contraception by both sexes & assure that it's available whenever & wherever needed.

by Anonymousreply 2807/01/2013

[quote]Peggy also has the biggest daddy complex: Ronnie Raygun, Pope JPII.

There is actually more truth to that then you know. A psychological study was done on conservatives and liberals and the results were interesting.

In a nut shell, conservatories need a father figure, liberals do not. This is why conservatives become Republican because everything is black and white. Everything in a neat little box with rules and regulations. Don't confront authority. Everything is figured out for you, just do as I say and daddy will take care of you.

Liberals are the exact opposite. The see the world in all its colors and shades of grey. They like to think for themselves and resent being told what to do. This is why they go democrat, it has the widest umbrella of diversity and open to new ideas.

Its much harder to think for yourself or question your own upbringing. This is why most intellectuals gravitate towards the Democratic party. Intellectually lazy, conspiracy types go the other way into religion and Republican conservatism.

by Anonymousreply 2907/01/2013

Peggy and r24, both, are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 3007/01/2013

If a person thinks abortion is infanticide, r31, they are factually, objectively, no-way-around-it incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 3207/01/2013

R31, pro-choice people don't believe abortion is a wonderful and lovely thing. The reality is that as long as there are unwanted pregnancies, abortion will exist.

by Anonymousreply 3307/01/2013

Funny, the bible never talks about Fetuses. Its called BIRTH for a reason. Until then, all bets are off.

Your sperm is alive too, so stop jacking off. And by the way, sperm is male and female so dont give me some crap line about life starting at conception. Sperm IS life.

by Anonymousreply 3407/01/2013

R31, I agree that you're entitled to abhor the choice I make. But I hope you agree that I'm [bold]legally[/bold] entitled to make choices about my own body & you are not.

by Anonymousreply 3507/01/2013

Life is sacred. Until you're actually born.

by Anonymousreply 3607/01/2013

The problem with conservatives is that the want government so small it fits inside a woman's vagina.

by Anonymousreply 3707/01/2013

W&W for R37.

by Anonymousreply 3807/01/2013

R39, do you pay taxes? Do you support everything that local, state and federal governments do with your tax dollars? For example, do you support the killing of unarmed civilians by US drones? Do you find that morally repulsive?

by Anonymousreply 4007/01/2013

I once had dinner with Peggy Noonan--this was many, many years ago. It was a set-up. Seriously. A friend of a friend didn't know I was gay and invited me to a dinner party. I only realized about half way through what was going on. So I got to see Peggy at her most seductive best. It was, in a word, horrifying. She drank too much, slurred her words, talked about Ronald Reagan was though he were a combination of God, her father, and the Pope. Her idea of flirting was to look directly into my eyes, kind of the way a cat does--ie: it was almost non-human like. She giggled, burped a few times, chewed with her mouth open, and dreamed about the day Republicans would rule the country forever.

It was one of the most fascinating and terrible nights of my life. After the dinner party she asked me if I wanted to go out for a drink (as though she needed another). I told her I was going to meet a guy I had a crush on. That ended that.

by Anonymousreply 4107/01/2013

Peggy Noonan is only one of the punditry hacks whose regular, roundtable gigs are to dispense with her supposed knowledge that is no better than anything you can get anywhere.

You do have to take notice that she is an annoying star-wannabe. As if she had missed her calling to perform in the [italic]theater[/italic]! For one thing, Noonan likes to draw out her answers and comments as if she is into herself, the very sound of her [italic]eloquent[/italic] voice, and wants all others to hang on to her every syllable, her every breath.

Peggy Noonan is in love with not only the sound of her voice ... she is into everything that [italic]is[/italic] Peggy Noonan. The former Ronald Reagan speechwriter, who doesn't even have anything noteworthy to say about her own party, does not have a clue that she is an out of touch, incessant bore.

by Anonymousreply 4207/01/2013

GREAT story, r41!!

I read Peggy's column every week just because I get such enjoyment out of my hatred for her and her totally out-of-touch pronouncements about "the mood of the country" and the like. She is so invested in her vision of herself as being able to take the pulse of America, and she is usually way off (witness her column a few days before Election Day about how support for Romney was "quietly sweeping the land", or some other similarly ridiculous phrase).

by Anonymousreply 4307/01/2013

[quote]This time, I agree with Noonan. I can't support killing infants,

Unless it's actually born...or needs financial help...or is in a third world.

by Anonymousreply 4407/01/2013

Five month old fetuses have plenty of protection, R45. Late term abortions are so rare as to be almost unheard of and are only done to save the mother's life.

by Anonymousreply 4607/01/2013

R45,

That means you think life begins with conception and not at birth.

by Anonymousreply 4707/01/2013

r46, aren't there some abortions done of five-month-or-older fetuses because of some disability detected in the fetus (which I'm fine with, by the way)?

by Anonymousreply 4807/01/2013

I don't think so, R48. To my knowledge that's only a freeper meme and it's not actually done. Years ago there were a few hopitals in the U.S. that still did them in extreme circumstances but nearly all of them have stopped. Maybe women go out of the country to have them done?

Five month abortion is a rallying cry for anti-abortion groups.

by Anonymousreply 4907/01/2013

R24, what the fuck are you doing on DL?

You're either too stupid to understand the issue (talking about killing infants is proof) or too conservative to let yourself understand why abortions happen and need to stay legal (not enough homes for unwanted children; far better an embryo be aborted than develop into a fetus and be born into an abusive home; rape rape rape), or you're religious and knee-jerk (see above: too stupid to understand issue).

Yet you keep defending your own stupidity. Are you gay and stupid or straight and stupid? If the former, maybe you should lurk. If the latter, don't have an abortion yourself and get the fuck off a liberal GLBT site. If bi... nah, you see things in black-and-white. You're not bi.

by Anonymousreply 5007/01/2013

[quote]Of course, no one else supports killing infants either, so you're in good company.

Ahem

by Anonymousreply 5107/01/2013

She got all this mileage out of writing a few speeches for people?

by Anonymousreply 5207/02/2013

yes.

by Anonymousreply 5307/02/2013

y

by Anonymousreply 5407/02/2013

[quote]She got all this mileage out of writing a few speeches for people?

Well, that and the ability to suck a golf ball through a 100' garden hose.

by Anonymousreply 5507/02/2013

R41 I wonder if Peggy wanted to be seduced? A few more drinks and then voila' a blow job from Reagan's favorite femme fatale!She must have some serious kinks, Repub women are repressed. I bet Ms Nooner swallows.....

Oh and Peg is in love with the sound of her own voice.She sounds like a drunken version of William F Buckley form hell, if you can imagine that.....

by Anonymousreply 5607/02/2013

R39, I believe that the law should not interfere with a woman's decisions about her body.

If you don't try to get the law involved with women making those decisions, I won't ask you to give money to abortion clinics or encourage women to abort.

There's a difference between having the right to make a decision & actually making it. Some things are beyond the purview of the law & making decisions about whether a woman should have a baby is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 5707/02/2013

[quote]Wendy Davis Stood for 'Infanticide'

Peggy Noonan stood to pee.

by Anonymousreply 5907/02/2013

As someone mentioned she's like William F. Buckley Jr. In SO many ways. A gaseous wind bag, covered in gin-blossoms,that drones on and on and on.... Spewing the same deluded party-line bullshit trying to sound like intellectuals.

I also think the days when someone like Gore Vidal would be sitting across from idiots like this and would effortlessly take them apart with ACTUAL intelligence. The closest thing we have to that is Rachel Maddow. I believe a well spoken liberal point of view is missing from the Sunday morning propaganda. I just can't be bothered anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6007/02/2013

agree r60 and thanks for that delicious story r41!

I rarely watch Meet the Press anymore for the reason r60 states. And when I did watch, the person that pissed me off the worst was Carly Fioni (sp) -God what an insufferable twat.

Made millions off the backs of the employees at HP.

by Anonymousreply 6107/02/2013

Kirsten Powers is a Fox hack pretending to be a Democrat. I hate the fake liberals on Fox even more than I hate their right-wingers.

by Anonymousreply 6207/02/2013

During last week’s controversy over Texas Senate Bill 5, National Journal released a poll which found that by a 48-44 margin, Americans favor banning abortion after 20 weeks of gestation. The survey results were not particularly surprising. A substantial body of polling data indicates that Americans are more likely to support, rather than oppose, incremental pro-life legislation. However, what is more interesting is the demographic breakdown. The results of the National Journal poll indicate that 50 percent of women support the 20-week abortion ban. Similarly, individuals under 30 supported the ban by a 52-39 margin.

by Anonymousreply 6407/02/2013

Texas voters remain split on the permissibility of abortion but favor banning the procedure after 20 weeks of a pregnancy, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll.

The survey also found a divergence of opinion about public schools: Voters with school-age children give schools much better ratings than all voters as a group.

The divide on abortion — evident in past UT/TT polls — persists. Forty-six percent of Texas voters say it should never be permitted or permitted only in cases involving incest, rape or when the woman's life is in danger. On the other hand, 49 percent say it should be allowed after the need for an abortion has been clearly established, or that the choice should be completely left to the woman. Within those numbers, 16 percent said abortion should never be allowed, and 36 percent said that a woman should always be able to get an abortion as a matter of personal choice.

Laws restricting abortion should be stricter, according to 38 percent of the respondents, while 26 percent said the laws should be less strict and 21 percent said they should be left as they are now.

“What you see is what you would expect in a relatively red state,” said poll co-director Daron Shaw, a professor of government at the University of Texas at Austin. “It’s a slight pro-life lean. It’s probably pushed a little bit because of the question about late-term abortions.The poll split a question about abortions after 20 weeks — an effort to see whether talking in the context of fetal pain changed the responses of Texas voters. It didn’t: 62 percent said they would support “prohibiting abortions after 20 weeks based on the argument that a fetus can feel pain at that point,” and that same percentage said they support “prohibiting abortions after 20 weeks.” Nearly half — 49 percent in the first question and 47 percent in the second — said they would strongly support those prohibitions.

“In terms of substantive policy, most of this is not particularly right-wing,” Shaw said. “Maybe the abortion stuff. These are abortion positions that are actually not strongly opposed — there is a 2-to-1 preference for that.”

It’s a strongly partisan issue, however, with 85 percent of Republicans in favor of the ban and nearly half of the Democrats against it. Fewer than 10 percent of Republicans oppose the 20-week ban; fewer than two in five Democrats support it.

by Anonymousreply 6507/02/2013

I meant to say Fox was the only news outlet not savaging her.

by Anonymousreply 6607/02/2013

Didn't Murdoch even hold a fundraiser for Hilary?

by Anonymousreply 6707/02/2013

More details, R13!

Thrown out of what events?

Other alcoholic exploits?

by Anonymousreply 6807/02/2013

Scroll down for the video of Jon Stewart talking about Our Peg. I believe the segment is called "Nooney Toons".

by Anonymousreply 6907/02/2013

Here's George Carlin on abortion:

by Anonymousreply 7007/02/2013

Does she take it up the poop chute? Is she into s and M? She must blow and swallow......

by Anonymousreply 7107/02/2013

She's a shitty bottom.

by Anonymousreply 7207/02/2013

And she speaks soooooooo slowly.

She's like Maya Angelou in whiteface.

by Anonymousreply 7307/02/2013

Agree with R61. Seeing Peggy Noonan blab is like watching a traffic accident. Carly Fiorina is a nasty lying bitch, who triggers an immediate grab for the remote and channel change.

by Anonymousreply 7507/02/2013

OP, I did watch Noonan spout that stuff on Sunday. As I said in the other Noonan thread, she really is farther to the right than Reagan or anyone else. Remember the scene in the DaVinci code where Paul Bettany's character was whipping himself? That's what I picture Peggy doing while fantasizing about Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 7607/02/2013

"That's what I picture Peggy doing while fantasizing about Reagan."

Throw in some fantasies about John Paul II as well. I love this sentence from the Times Book Review about her book JOHN PAUL THE GREAT: "The result is a valentine sent to a man she knew mainly from watching television, written in the idiom of spiritual gush."

by Anonymousreply 7707/02/2013

R63 Rachel Maddow made quick work of Ralph Reed & Jim DiMint when they tried the GOP straw-man-double-speak bullshit about marriage equality,this weekend.

Didn't know she was friends with Roger Ailes!?

by Anonymousreply 7807/03/2013

sad woman, she is/

by Anonymousreply 7907/03/2013

R78, she would have but David Gregory cut her off before she got going, after letting DeMint drone on and on. Really pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 8007/03/2013

t

by Anonymousreply 8107/03/2013

Let me finish that for you R81: wat

by Anonymousreply 8207/03/2013

R83, enough of the sanctimonious lies. Anyone who teams up with Fred Phelps has nothing to brag about.

by Anonymousreply 8407/03/2013

Live with it, R83.

by Anonymousreply 8607/11/2013

If Peggy is a lush, what does she typically drink?

by Anonymousreply 8707/11/2013

We're still going to flip Texas blue in the foreseeable future, R88, so suck it.

by Anonymousreply 8903/06/2014

Ol' Whiskey Peg must be apoplectic with rage about Pope Francis.

One more thing to like about him.

by Anonymousreply 9003/06/2014

r89, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Perhaps, over a decade from now, but the recent elections have not shown that Texas is on the cusp of turning blue. Georgia is a much more favorable candidate for turning blue than Texas. Texas is becoming more conservative in many respects, not less so.

by Anonymousreply 9103/06/2014

A decade isn't long and is certainly foreseeable R91 but I agree that Georgia may be in play sooner than people think.

by Anonymousreply 9203/06/2014

Davis has no chance of winning. She is polling terribly.

by Anonymousreply 9307/17/2014

Wendy is gonna lose BIG.

Wendy Davis’ book is having a tough time of it. Despite enormous levels of media buzz, Nielsen BookScan numbers provided to Slate by a publishing source show only 4,317 copies of the memoir, called Forgetting to Be Afraid, have been sold since its Sept. 9 publication.

Nielsen BookScan doesn’t include all book sales, notably sales at many independent retailers, so the actual number of copies sold is probably higher, although still likely below 6,000. As a point of comparison, Elizabeth Warren’s memoir, A Fighting Chance, sold more than 70,000 copies in its first few months on shelves. And David Limbaugh’s book Jesus on Trial, which was published the day before Davis’, has sold about 65,000 copies, including 6,778 just last week, according to BookScan.

Since filibustering a new round of abortion regulations in the Texas senate last summer, the Democrats’ long-shot Texas gubernatorial candidate has become a near household name and a hero for pro-choice activists. She appeared on the Daily Show Monday night—which probably will give her book sales a little bump—starred in fawning Vogue and New York Times Magazine profiles, and has become an MSNBC favorite.

Her book’s anemic sales aren’t due to any dearth of coverage. Just about every major media outlet—including the New York Times, the Washington Post, USA Today, Huffington Post, and many others—covered the book’s revelation that Davis has had two abortions, both for medical reasons. But that buzz hasn’t translated into sales. The book’s publisher, Penguin imprint Blue Rider Press, didn’t respond to an email about the lackluster numbers.

Top Comment

Surprised her appearances on MSNBC weren't enough to put her over the top. More...

-Jimmy Joe Meeker

56 Comments Join In

Even if Barnes & Noble customers aren’t paying attention, Davis’ gubernatorial opponent is. Greg Abbott, the Texas Republican attorney general who Davis faces in that race, railed against her decision to release the book during her candidacy. He filed a complaint with the Texas Ethics Commission, charging that Davis is using campaign funds to promote the memoir. The complaint didn’t do much beside generate another round of news coverage for the book.

Like her book sales, Davis’ gubernatorial bid hasn’t been going so well. The RealClearPolitics polling average shows Abbott leading her by more than 14 percentage points. And, as the Washington Examiner noted this morning, a recent NYT/CBS/YouGov poll shows her losing female voters by 12 points. Despite what you may be hearing, Texas isn’t purple yet.

Davis’ book and campaign are telling reminders that hype only takes you so far.

by Anonymousreply 9410/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.