Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

TRUE BLOOD

Should it finally be renamed [italic]Dead Blood[/italic]?

[italic]Tru[/italic]ly, it is done with, no?!

by Anonymousreply 18608/20/2013

Do a search:

by Anonymousreply 106/30/2013

No. The first three episodes have been good. If you don't like the show why are you watching? Name something you do like watching on television. Dazzle us with your good taste.

by Anonymousreply 206/30/2013

Good last sentence, [bold]R2[/bold]!

[italic]My latest:[/italic]

1. Current TV series

2. Spike TV's [italic]Bar Rescue[/italic]

3. H2's [italic]How the States Got Their Shapes[/italic]

4. Style Network's [italic]Tia & Tamara[/italic]

5. MLB Network's [italic]MLB Tonight[/italic]

6. CBS's [italic]NCIS[/italic] (with consumption of reruns on USA Network)

7. NBC's [italic]Law & Order: Special Victims Unit[/italic] (with absorption of reruns on USA Network)

8. We TV's [italic]Pregnant & Dating[/italic]

9. Disney Channel's [italic]Dog with a Blog[/italic]

10. TV One's [italic]R&B Divas[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 306/30/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 407/25/2013

Apparently, one of the Auntie Em's complained and got the other True Blood thread closed. Who knew that talking about sexing up a fictional tv character would bring out all the Church Ladies:)

by Anonymousreply 507/25/2013

It seems a major character is going to die and I think its Jessica.

by Anonymousreply 607/29/2013

Unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 707/29/2013

No it's not, r7... STOP!

by Anonymousreply 807/29/2013

OP, you have horrible taste with the exception of Law & Order.

by Anonymousreply 907/29/2013

In this weeks preview, it looks like Eric is going to feed on Sookie against her will. Does that mean Bill and Warlow are going to team up to save her? And does that portend that the major death this season is Eric? I know they have been steering us to believe that it's going to be Jessica due to her guilt over the Fae girls, but will her budding relationship with James change her mind, and offer her a chance at redemption? Warlow has been defanged for the moment. I so don't like him Sookie whipped.When do we get to see what the dark side of him looks like? He may be 6,000 years old but we know how scary Eric can get when he's hell bent on vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 1007/29/2013

Sookie (Anna) looks so different now. Here she is in the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 1107/29/2013

I agree with R7, this thing is unwatchable.

I tried. I watched the first several episodes, maybe even the entire first season. I've blocked it out, for obvious reasons. I tuned in again when Chris Meloni showed up. Even with his fine ass on offer, I lost the will to watch. It's just an awful program.

A handful of attractive guys surrounded by horrible, horrible, talentless actresses and all of them working with atrocious scripts.

Unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 1207/29/2013

I know, r11. Her appearance this season often takes me out of the story. I just keep thinking how skinny, tired and pallid she looks. She looked a little better in the last two episodes, but I think that's the faery lighting. The sex scene didn't work for me because I found her body almost emaciated. I hate saying these things out loud because I feel kind of shallow for just focusing on the way she looks, but the marked difference in her appearance is disturbing to me. Her acting is also off. Like she's phoning it in. I can't say I'm loving a humorless, foul mouthed, hard faced and almost detached from everything going on around her, Sookie. I am also not buying this epic romance between her and Warlow because she lacks real passion and seems so lifeless. I don't blame Kazinsky. I think he does his best to sell this romance but Sookie is hard to love! I wish I could see more of the Sookie we were introduced to in season one. This Sookie looks like she's suffering from post partum depression. Mean thing to say, I know, but Paquin is an actress. And I think we are not seeing much in the way of acting from her. Okay, flame away folks,

by Anonymousreply 1307/29/2013

Well, I think Deborah Ann Wohl, Anna Camp, Kristen Bauer and the new baby Vamp. Amelia Rose Blaire are doing stellar work this season. Deborah is the real stand out. She can play anything and make it believable. Like all the seasons of the show, some episodes are stronger than others, but this season has been consistently good. Great even. I don't get the concept of hate watching. I don't waste my time on anything I find boring. No matter how bored I might be. Newsflash! True Blood isn't Chekov. But it sure is fun.

by Anonymousreply 1407/29/2013

Too many story lines this season. The wolfpack/Sam storyline is the biggest waste of time and Lafayette is basically a background player now. I remember when True Blood first started, I couldn't wait for Sunday night. Now, I'll catch it on demand whenever I get around to it.

by Anonymousreply 1507/29/2013

I don't like how Lafayette went from playing one of the sexiest motherfuckers on the show to playing Miss Cleo. It's depressing to re-watch season one and see what the writers have done to LaLa. I still love him but he has become more of a stereotype as time goes by. They made a mistake in killing off Jesus. It's like Lafayette went into a depressive spiral and never recovered. He drinks alone, alot. He has lost a lot of his sass. Yeah, they throw him some great one liners but nothing compares to the character who humped his own couch after getting a taste of Eric's blood. And he doesn't seem interested in sex at all. A blunt and a glue gun is a poor substitute for a good fuck.

by Anonymousreply 1607/29/2013

It's failing for sure. I missed an episode but taped it. However, I never got around to watching it. Now I'm behind and probably won't bother to catch up. I've lost interest. The show just doesn't grab me like it used to.

by Anonymousreply 1707/30/2013

Best Season Ever

by Anonymousreply 1807/30/2013

Deborah Ann Woll is quite a good actress. She had a little scene in "Ruby Sparks" which I thought was the best scene in the film.

Rwan Kwantan has become a good actor too. I used to think of him has just a body but I now think he is rather funny BUT

the show does drag terribly when those two are off screen.

by Anonymousreply 1907/30/2013

Here's the real True Blood if anyone is interested.

by Anonymousreply 2007/30/2013

Misspelled Deborah Ann Woll's name. Damn. She's so good I should remember her name! Ryan Kwanten has also been a stand out this season. The best he's been since season two with his fine (and totally unexpected!) performance in the Fellowship of the Sun storyline. He doesn't get nearly enough credit because he makes doing the comic bits easy, but it is always more difficult to play broad comedy than pathos. Skarsgaard is also doing some great work, with a couple of misses, mostly due to the writing and direction. Not sure Eric's overly emotional outburst over Nora's death really worked. Crying over his sister's horrible death is understandable but we needed to see his anger and resolve to exact revenge sooner. Nothing is scarier than Eric when he decides to get even. His anger looks misdirected towards Sookie. Que up the dark side of Warlow. I think season one was the best season ever, but this is running a close second.

by Anonymousreply 2107/30/2013

Alcide becoming an utter badass Packmaster has been one of the absolute best parts of this season!

by Anonymousreply 2207/30/2013

i love Jason, his body is so HOT!!! oh man, he must have a strict diet and lives in the gym 24/7.

I love Sam but don't like what the writers have done to his character. Agree with everyone regarding the wolves, totally not into it at all.

Sooki is so skinny! esp after just giving birth to her twins.

by Anonymousreply 2307/30/2013

Stephen Moyer is just a blank slate though. The man is the lead supposedly but has absolutly no charisma. How did he do at the Hollywood Bowl in Chicago? Anyone go?

by Anonymousreply 2407/30/2013

Oh, Alcide. I so wanted to like you this season, but I just have to quit you! More Wolf Daddy and Hookah would have been better than that craptastic storyline you are in. What, pray tell, did you do to the writers to piss them off?

by Anonymousreply 2507/30/2013

Grow up, OP. you are done.

by Anonymousreply 2607/30/2013

r26=Anna Paquin's bisexual tits proud to be bouncing back after breast feeding

by Anonymousreply 2707/30/2013

It became a boring frau show. It's really taken a nose dive this season.

by Anonymousreply 2807/30/2013

James character is hot!

by Anonymousreply 2907/30/2013

He is, r29

by Anonymousreply 3007/30/2013

I re-watched the preview for this weeks show and I think I often imagine what I want to see as opposed to what is actually going to happen. It looks like it is Adilyn Braylin Charlaine Dannica who is in danger of being fed on. By Andy. Or his doppleganger. Wearing a prison suit! Man, I'm weird. I am sort of relieved that Eric isn't going to transfer his loathing for Bill onto Sookie. Maybe. Still hoping for Warlow to kick some Billith Ass. I need to see some Vamps Gone Wild. Anything to erase the memory of Eric crying like a little girl. His high pitched wailing scared my dog.

by Anonymousreply 3107/31/2013

Everyone on here seems to have an opinion of likes and dislikes that contradict each other.

The show is too bloated with story lines.

The show is attempting to appeal to everyone because they have their favorites...blah blah blah.

The main story is about Sookie, and the rest can go to hell. Time to slim down.

I don't like alicide, jason, sam, or andy's storylines. They need to fly off to Alaska, or get eaten, one of the two. I don't care, and I don't want to waste any more story development on these people. Alicide, and Jason were potential love interests on the show, of course the writers didn't know how to include a storyline about their love affair with Sookie, so they are pointless now. Andy was a side character, and didn't need a whole plot device. Jason was skin, and it is getting old. Show dick, or leave the show.

They should do a spin off. Need to spin off fangtasia-the bar as the main element of the show. Have pam, eric, tara, and lafayette work in the bar there.

by Anonymousreply 3207/31/2013

Oops. I mean Sam was a potential storyline.

Of course, that would make it interesting if they found out they weren't related at all.

by Anonymousreply 3307/31/2013

[quote]Need to spin off fangtasia-the bar as the main element of the show.

Yes. CHEERS with vampires. "Where everybody knows your fangs."

by Anonymousreply 3407/31/2013

Yeah, and everybody yells Paaaam when they come through the door. Which she hates. "Just stake me now". Sookie is Diane Chambers. Eric is Sam. Warlow is Frasier Crane. And Tara is the new Carla! Great idea, r34!

by Anonymousreply 3507/31/2013

Pam's affected line readings are annoying.

by Anonymousreply 3607/31/2013

I thought this ep was titled "The Funeral"? Where was the fucking funeral?

by Anonymousreply 3707/31/2013

Pam steals EVERY scene she's in.

Unless Jason, Warlow, James, Eric, Alcide, Sam, or Bill (or some other random hottie) is naked. Then it's just, "Stand aside, bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 3807/31/2013

Saw Pam on a talk show today. She's so much prettier than she is on the show.

by Anonymousreply 3907/31/2013

No, r37, it was titled "In The Evening"--this season, each episode title has been the title of the song played over the end credits. Hence, Led Zeppelin at the end of this one. Might've been the best thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 4007/31/2013

It isn't cheers, it is Fangtasia. Where human's and vamps come to fuck. And no one knows your name!

It is more about the owners trying to reestablish a bar. And under no authority overseeing everything, having to deal with ruthless vamps.

by Anonymousreply 4107/31/2013

[quote] where human's

Oh my

by Anonymousreply 4207/31/2013

The scene where whatsername kisses the governor's head was ridiculous...at the sight of all those bodies she would've backed up immediately and ran like hell!

by Anonymousreply 4307/31/2013

The show may revolve around Sookie Stackhouse but in this current incarnation, she is the least interesting character on the show. She's like a character straight out of a Neil Gaiman story (see Coraline) but not nearly as compelling or likable. This Sookie would be right at home in a Tim Burton animated short. A Corpse Bride/Nightmare before the Vampire Apocalypse mashup. She is ruining the whole Warlow/Sookie romance with her ghost like visage and bitchy, preachy, women's lib post coital banter and skinny, not sexy at all, post baby body. So, there!

by Anonymousreply 4407/31/2013

The kissing of the head was an allusion to Salome and the kissing of the head of John the Baptist.

by Anonymousreply 4507/31/2013

Has anyone read the books? How does the character of Sookie differ in the books vs show?

by Anonymousreply 4607/31/2013

I haven't read them all but Sookie pretty much is the same character through out the books. The character we first meet in season one.The problem this season was the choice to make Sookie's fictional life mirror Anna Paquin's real life since becoming a mother. Not something I pulled out of my ass, but a point the new show runner, Buckner, spoke about in an interview. The thing is, we watch the show because it is an escapist fantasy, not because it mirrors real life. The choice they have made to make her more "grown up" is not served by having her be rather detached and dour. Or foul mouthed. I loved Sookie because she was full of life, open hearted and brave and open to new experiences and empathetic to those, like her, who were outsiders. I don't see any of that girl now. It's the elephant in the room for me when I watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 4707/31/2013

[quote] The kissing of the head was an allusion to Salome and the kissing of the head of John the Baptis

She still should've run like hell when she saw all those dead bodies.

by Anonymousreply 4807/31/2013

Sookie is NOT the same throughout the books. She changes quite a bit. She becomes as ruthless as the vampires, kills quite a number of supernaturals, mostly in self-defense, but she eventually plans an ambush and assassination of some enemies of hers and Eric's almost single-handedly. She doesn't do all the killing herself, of course.

Even though she becomes ruthless, she isn't what you would call evil. She mostly just does what has to be done.

by Anonymousreply 4908/01/2013

Question for those who have read the books, does the change in Sookie's personality this season mirror how she changes in the books? I don't mind her fighting back and protecting those she loves. I wouldn't expect anything less from her but if she's going to become as ruthless and cold blooded as a Vamp, she might as well become one for real. Without giving away too much, does Bill make it to the last book? And did you like the way Harris wrapped things up?

by Anonymousreply 5008/02/2013

[quote]Question for those who have read the books, does the change in Sookie's personality this season mirror how she changes in the books?

never read the books BUT my friend who does says they have completely left the books and the characters bare no resemblance to them anymore

by Anonymousreply 5108/02/2013

Look, they're just ripping everyone off at this point. Particularly Anne Rice. This Lilith crap is 'Queen of the Damned'. The show has gone completely off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 5208/03/2013

Did the people who played Andy, Hoyt and Sam Trammell's girlfriend want out? Did they quit?

by Anonymousreply 5308/03/2013

I watched maybe three episodes in the entire series and never got into it. It reeked of fraudom from the get go. It was for the biggest fraus whoever frau'd in a kingdom run by frau's. That, and I had no desire to get wrapped up in a storyline with a lead character named Sookie, let alone Stackhouse. No fucking thank you. **click**

Fuck you, and bite me.

by Anonymousreply 5408/03/2013

Of course it's got a lot of frau fan service, R54. Have you seen the writer of the original books? She is the UberFrau.

by Anonymousreply 5508/03/2013

Alexander Skarsgaard is going to have a full frontal nude shot on the last episode of this season.

by Anonymousreply 5608/10/2013

I guess that means Eric is done for. Throwing the fans a "bone", so to speak. It better be spectacular after waiting all this time:)

by Anonymousreply 5708/10/2013

When they killed of Russell Edgington the whole show started going down hill. Also because that's when Alan Ball left...these writers are not that talented

by Anonymousreply 5808/10/2013

The show is all over the place. I can't think of one character or storyline I care about anymore. What's the longest you've stayed on board with a series that you weren't that into anymore, just because of how much time you'd already invested and you thought you might as well see how the writers wrap it all up?

by Anonymousreply 5908/10/2013

r44 Amen

Can't stand the plain ass bitch

by Anonymousreply 6008/10/2013

I beg to differ, r58. Angela Robinson and Alexander Woo are certainly talented and have written some of my favorite episodes over the past six seasons. The Vamp Camp and Warlow/Sookie romance story lines are great but the show runner and the writers dropped the ball where the Shifters and Weres are concerned. It would have been better to include Sam and Alcide in the Vamp Camp storyline by having Burrell and his crew know that there are other supes out there, but are choosing to keep it quiet, and having them hunted by a rogue group of Shifters who collaborate with the group who's name I can't ever remember. Alcide and Sam teamed up to save their kind would have been a more believable story line than having Alcide turn on his friend over Emma. Alcide is much more interesting as a good guy. And when he and the pack went all Wolfinator, it would have made more sense. If they really needed Sam to have a girlfriend then she must be another shifter. Having Nicole and her friends also be shifters on the run would have been more interesting than having them be naive, do gooder humans who know nothing.

by Anonymousreply 6108/10/2013

sick of this billith bullshit.

Missed first 30 min of show last week.

Don't even care this season sick of it all.

by Anonymousreply 6208/10/2013

The Warlow/Sookie romance is "great"??? 61 is a frau.

There was a lot of potential in having Warlow as a villain. Having him turn into another one of her suitors is just boring frau bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6308/10/2013

Read my post at r44. Not a frau. The potential for that romance was great. Kazinsky certainly tired to sell it. The problem is Paquin. She is like one of the Walking Dead this season. Totally lifeless. And I don't think the writers are all to blame. It's the choices she's making as an actress. She can't sell the sex scenes because she isn't sexy. I think Warlow was more interesting as Ben. And as for the potential to make him a villain, obviously that is not where the writers were taking the character. With only two episodes left I guess we will see the dark side of Warlow, and we may see the "villain" you were hoping to see, but that is only so they can kill him off. Have to keep Sookie for Bill, after all. That is the bone they are throwing to the "fraus". And even if I am a frau, what has that go to do with True Blood? That response is so tired. It was the at the top of the list of over used labels on DL. I guess you missed that thread. Must have been masturbating to a picture of Henry Cavill:)

by Anonymousreply 6408/10/2013

Did Anna Paquin ever fix her teeth or are they still fucked up?

by Anonymousreply 6508/10/2013

She's married to a Brit. She's trying to make him feel at hoe.

by Anonymousreply 6608/10/2013

home

by Anonymousreply 6708/10/2013

Entertainment Weekly hinted that we might see Eric's dick during the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 6808/10/2013

Here's hoping, R68. I'm tired of seeing all that beaver already.

by Anonymousreply 6908/10/2013

They really don't show beaver they show giant hairy bushes. It would be hotter if some of the women groomed.

by Anonymousreply 7008/10/2013

There are too many story lines going on and they're all too superficial to really care about any of them. I still watch every week but by 20 min into the show I've picked up my iPad and am just listening to the show.

Agree with the poster that wrote once they killed off Russell Edgington the show went downhill.

Hate what they've done with Lafayette's character. He was one of the best parts of the show when it was good. Now he's just a caricature.

It's just my opinion, but the fairy stuff is pretty lame.

by Anonymousreply 7108/10/2013

The fairies could have been a great counterpoint to some of the more evil supernaturals. But let's face it, this show is too frau friendly. So we get a little Twilight, a lot of Queen of the Damned (the book in the series that the fraus loved), and some 50 Shades of Gray.

I'm just always surprised at how homophobic these shows end up being. They titillate with the tiniest bit of 'homoerotic' stuff, but never really go THERE. All the truly gay characters are horrible, evil villains except for the once great Lafayette, who's been turned into Miss Cleo.

by Anonymousreply 7208/11/2013

the show seems confused about it's audience.....frau topics yet constant big titted women taking there cloths off.

by Anonymousreply 7308/11/2013

R73, AGREE. It's very strange. No question it's aimed at the fraus, but what is up with all the bush?? Do they think straight guys are watching this show? Or are they also trying to get lesbian women along with the 'shades of gray' fraus?

by Anonymousreply 7408/11/2013

r75=on the rag

by Anonymousreply 7608/11/2013

Andy is, by far, the best thing on the show this season. Who'd have ever guessed?

by Anonymousreply 7708/11/2013

Why does Andy have to play every line so gruff and angry? It's gotten so exhausting after six seasons.

by Anonymousreply 7808/11/2013

Watching the clip that R11 posted from the first season reminded me that Stephen Moyer's Bill Compton was once a really hot and sexy character. What on earth happened to him?

Like Anna Pacquin, he seems to have not only shrunk in size, but also to become utterly sexless.

by Anonymousreply 7908/11/2013

I've been criticizing Anna Paquin's weight loss along with everyone else, but the other day inread something that made me feel bad for her. I was in the dentist's office and they had a People magazine from May which includedan interview with Stephen Moyer. Their twins were born "dangerously early". Premeies can have a lot of health problems and sometimes mental problems. I have a friend whose first daughter was a premie and it was extremely stressful for the family. To make it worse, she's six now and mildly retarded--(she still looks and acts three years old) so they're in for a lifetime struggle.

by Anonymousreply 8008/11/2013

Easily the best episode in the last three seasons.

by Anonymousreply 8108/11/2013

and Moe was the smartest of The Three Stooges r81....faint praise indeed!

by Anonymousreply 8208/11/2013

I found the funeral service nerve wracking. I expected Warlow to show up half crazed from not feeding enough on Sookie to chow down on all the characters that the show wants to cut loose. It was nice that they gave Andy a proper send off but it still felt like filler and I would much rather have seen more of Warlow. How cute is that face? Can I love Eric more than I already do? I think not. What does his flying off mean? Is he going to do a Godric? Was anyone else disappointed that Bill made it out alive? Sarah is second only to Russell Edgington as the best villain ever on this show. Ya gotta love her commitment. I might be in the minority but I think this season is the best since season one. They more than redeemed themselves or season five.

by Anonymousreply 8308/11/2013

Don't you have some reading to do, r84? That 50 Shades of Grey won't read itself. I have many reasons to watch this show. The question is, why do you watch this show? Hate watching is such a weird phenomena. As is using troll-dar to try and sniff out the people you don't think belong here. Give it up, Blanche. I don't really care what you like, who you like or what you think. You are not going to shut me up or run me off. Frickity, frackity, fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 8508/11/2013

Wow, you sure showed him up by indulging in that humiliating extreme meltdown, r85.

by Anonymousreply 8608/11/2013

This show could not be worse. I didn't absolutely hate some scenes last week, but clearly it isn't going to recover. A mess.

The insane troll here only makes it worse somehow.

Insane troll? That's all this show is missing at this point, actually. That and the kitchen sink.

by Anonymousreply 8708/11/2013

Why did Sookie wear the "Roxie" costume to the funeral?

Does she want 6 weeks next summer?

by Anonymousreply 8808/12/2013

R83, I completely agree that they should've shown more of Warlow; Rob Kazinsky is insanely sexy. I hope he's back for season 7!

I loved the interaction between Jason and Eric ("Have I ever healed you before?"). Jason is really getting the hot guys lately. I hope Eric comes back too. Pam's (undead) heart was totally broken. :-(

I can't stand the Sarah character; I wish Jason would've finished her off. Sookie would've pulled the trigger and wouldn't have batted an eyelash. On the other hand, I'm really bummed they killed off Steve Newlin. He was the only gay vamp left, and it was sweet the way he carried a torch for Jason.

The whole funeral thing was just too long. Unless there's a really good explanation in the finale for dragging out Terry's death over 3 episodes, then it was a waste of film.

Overall, the show is still my #1 must-see on Sundays. I don't understand those who bitch about not liking it, yet they continue to watch it each week AND post ad nauseam about how much they hate it. That is really some special type of retarded.

by Anonymousreply 8908/12/2013

This season has been fantastic, and this one of the best episodes.

Except Warlow though, he can go fall off a cliff. What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 9008/12/2013

This episode was very bad. The funeral was dreadful, too long and boring - what was the point? I didn't get all the stupid flashbacks. He wasn't that important of a character. All those flashbacks such felt like filler. I thought there was too much gore this week. I don't expect much in the finale....

by Anonymousreply 9108/12/2013

r90 work in nail salon

by Anonymousreply 9208/12/2013

Many times when shows kill off a regular character they will give it a lot of air time in order not to offend any fans of that character and to honor the actor playing that character. It's TV protocol.

by Anonymousreply 9308/12/2013

R85, oh dear!

As R86 points out, you really showed me with your all-too humiliating meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 9408/12/2013

R93, and, well, they've completely run out of ideas. So there's that as well.

by Anonymousreply 9508/12/2013

R94, give it a rest. Your bloody tampon is showing again.

by Anonymousreply 9608/12/2013

Well, this season has been better then the last two, which isn't saying much. I hope all these actors go on to something better.

by Anonymousreply 9708/12/2013

I figured Bill had died.

by Anonymousreply 9808/12/2013

R96...says the frau.

Actually, I'm beginning to smell Roger Octopus.

by Anonymousreply 9908/12/2013

R89, you know what's REALLY inexplicable? The morons like you who bitch about people bitching. Now that's the mark of a complete and total loser.

Some people have watched this show from the beginning and keep hoping it will improve. There were signs it might get better this season, but they quickly faded. See someone can have liked something, and stay invested in it even after it starts to stink. Then there are people like you who need to have daisies and moonbeams in everyone's posts in order to reaffirm your lousy opinion.

by Anonymousreply 10008/12/2013

I agree with most of you--the Terry funeral was wayyyyyyy to long and overblown for a minor character--although the song big John sang was beautiful.

Eric ripping that evil scientist's dick off was epic! Almost as cool as when he ripped that guys heart out and drank it like a juice box in the "Marnie" season. I love Eric--I was sooooo jealous when he was fucking Talbot.

by Anonymousreply 10208/12/2013

Lots of over-the-top cheese this week, which is awesome. The Eric-dick-ripping scene was epic.

by Anonymousreply 10308/12/2013

Love your take on the last episode, r89, and our shared appreciation for the physical attibutes of Rob Kazinsky. Can't speak to his skills as an actor because he's had maybe three lines in each of the last three episodes but I still like looking at his stupid face. Its hard to imagine that anyone would be criticized for loving the hot men on this show. Hey, I'm shallow and I own it:) Skarsgard has never been sexier or looked more handsome. I'm so glad they gave him an awesome story line this season. And I am really looking forward to some Jason/Eric wet dream action next week. I am VERY disappointed that Bill is still with us. And bow down to the comic genius of Michael McMillian, bitches. The "I love you, Jason Stackhouse!" line was his idea. You were a lilly livered, spineless, rat bastard, Steve Newlin, but you were one of us:) Thank Godric r84 isn't.

by Anonymousreply 10408/13/2013

I'm gonna miss Steve Newlin.

by Anonymousreply 10508/14/2013

That funeral was mind-numbing. All this for a minor character. What the fuck was the point of all that?? Awful.

by Anonymousreply 10608/14/2013

I don't get all the hate regarding the funeral. I thought it was well done and very touching. Terry was one of those characters that was liked by many, if not all, and the funeral represented that very well. Plus, the old lady was hilarious. Let's not forget that the town of Bon Temps is a big part of this show and Terry was one of its most valued citizens.

by Anonymousreply 10708/14/2013

I really liked the flashback where Terry falls for Arlene at first sight. He looked so young and was so sweet. Lowe really is a good actor. I also don't understand why some people on other sites can't remember Big John and don't understand why he was showcased to sing at the funeral. Big John has been on the show since season one. WTF? How can you be a real fan of the show and not know that? I will miss Steve Newlin too but it was almost written in stone that Eric was not going to let him continue to walk the earth. Particularly as a Vamp who can walk in daylight. Steve would have used that as a way to get back in the good graces of the human Christians. "I have risen like a Phoenix from the smoke and ash of Satan's Hell Fire to walk in God's light once again. Praise me for I am the true Vampire Jesus!"

by Anonymousreply 10808/14/2013

The latest episode was very curious indeed. It seems like the new show-runner agreed that the series was getting too much into cartoon action territory where the whole season seems to take place in one night with characters rushing from one perilous situation to the next, but then wasn't creative enough to come up with anything more than half the episode being a funeral for a minor character (albeit well-liked).

by Anonymousreply 10908/15/2013

[quote] I also don't understand why some people on other sites can't remember Big John and don't understand why he was showcased to sing at the funeral. Big John has been on the show since season one. WTF? How can you be a real fan of the show and not know that?

In spite of having seen every single episode, I don't remember him. I really don't. He obviously didn't make much of an impression, or hasn't been seen since season one.

How about instead of being snarky, you inform us?

Who is he, and what story line was he involved in?

by Anonymousreply 11008/15/2013

Big John was the cook at Merlotte's who attended Terry when he got shot.

by Anonymousreply 11108/15/2013

I have never missed an episode and have no idea who Big John is either.

by Anonymousreply 11208/15/2013

Big John is part of the Merlotte family and is the prep cook. He's never had a "story line" and is only in a handful of episodes. He serves as a sort of Halleleujah chorus when Lafayette says something particularly sassy and wants affirmation that he's right. I'm an Artist so I tend to pay attention to the background in a scene. My favorite scenes always seem to take place in Merlotte's and I like seeing what the art and set directors have done to create such a unique and fun setting for the bar. Big John is more set dressing than character but I say that with affection. Plus, it's Louisiana. Have to have music at a funeral and the song and the way he sang it just worked for me. Hope that clears it up.

by Anonymousreply 11308/16/2013

Thank you, R113.

by Anonymousreply 11408/16/2013

What am I going to watch with True Blood's season EVAH over after tonight?

by Anonymousreply 11508/18/2013

ARE WE REALLY GOING TO SEE ASKARS' PEEN TONIGHT?!?

by Anonymousreply 11608/18/2013

Ugh, I really hope they don't bring back the Sookie/Alcide romance.

by Anonymousreply 11708/18/2013

AUGH!!!

NO!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11808/18/2013

Alcide would look so much better if he trimmed his beard, colored away the gray, and did something with that hair, like got it cut.

Rockin' bod though.

by Anonymousreply 11908/18/2013

Why the fuck would anyone NOT want to touch Jason Stackhouse's cock?!?

by Anonymousreply 12008/18/2013

He could have at least chubbed it up.

by Anonymousreply 12108/18/2013

His peen was not impressive at all. everything looks bigger on tv, he's average at best.

NOBODY IS GONNA WATCH AFTER THEY KILLED HIM OFF. WTF ARE THEY THINKING???

by Anonymousreply 12208/18/2013

So... it is a requirement that people wear really silly, ugly hats to Church?

by Anonymousreply 12308/18/2013

True Faith!

by Anonymousreply 12408/18/2013

Oh please, his cock is fine. What, you want a hot throbbing erect cock? Not all cocks are the same size flaccid, dipshits.

by Anonymousreply 12508/18/2013

The alligator on the grill was funny as hell.

by Anonymousreply 12608/18/2013

So... wouldn't Pam know Eric died?

Okay, so she's been released... what about the other woman he sired? She's still around yes? She'd know.

(I forgot if she died or not)

by Anonymousreply 12708/18/2013

I hate tara's mother. fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 12808/18/2013

So disappointing.

Suckfest.

by Anonymousreply 13008/18/2013

Like all good soap operas. I doubt Eric is really dead. My guess is that Pam saves him at the very last second.

by Anonymousreply 13108/18/2013

Well... that was a season ender I guess.

Without the hottie that played Warlow, and without the best character, Eric... I'm not sure what brings me back next season.

by Anonymousreply 13208/18/2013

I wasn't impressed with Warlow at all, he wasn't ugly but he did nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 13308/18/2013

At least now we can say with certainty that Alexander Skarsgard has an uncut cock.

by Anonymousreply 13408/18/2013

[quote]Alcide would look so much better if he trimmed his beard, colored away the gray, and did something with that hair, like got it cut.

Well he did get a hair cut. He played Stanley in a production of A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 13508/18/2013

Wow, this show would have been excellent if only I had not been held back by my shooting....

Oh wait.. um, nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 13608/18/2013

[quote]He played Stanley in a production of A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE earlier this year.

actually he plays Stanley in the fall at Yale.

by Anonymousreply 13708/18/2013

[quote]His peen was not impressive at all. everything looks bigger on tv, he's average at best.

You're an idiot.

[quote]So... wouldn't Pam know Eric died?

Probably but he's not dead. It's a cliff hanger season finale. He will jump under the snow for a few months until the sun goes down.

[quote]I thought those with Hep v suffered and died but now those infected are up and walking around. WTF?

Those vamps were in the lab and injected directly with the HepV. Assume a few sips of infected True Blood does this.

[quote]At least now we can say with certainty that Alexander Skarsgard has an uncut cock.

Was it ever a question? Born and raised in Sweden and daddy showed his uncut years ago.

by Anonymousreply 13908/18/2013

Worst season ever. They should've been grilling the shark they jumped last season. obviously they need to return to the plot from the books. The whole vamps gone crazy thing wasn't described well at all. It sucked and not in a good way.

Charlaine! Get in heeeeerrre!!

by Anonymousreply 14008/18/2013

So next season are they just going to do The Walking Dead? It seems that way.

by Anonymousreply 14108/18/2013

Terrible. Just terrible.

And look, for a show created by a gay producer, it's gotten progressively more homophobic.

Last week's episode took the cake. This whole storyline is a Holocaust allegory. Yet the one gay vampire is the Kapo, and he is burned to death as he professes his love for another man. Incredible. You'd think that a virulent homophobe was writing this show. And I couldn't stand the torture porn scenes in the camp.

This week...who cares?? This show has gotten so incredibly pointless and boring, and I wish I'd never gotten invested in it in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 14208/18/2013

[quote]And look, for a show created by a gay producer,

Ball left the show though......are the current producers gay? if not that could explain the homophobia.

P.S. wasn't Alfre Woodard on this? WHET to her character?

by Anonymousreply 14308/18/2013

Frontal posted alreay...

by Anonymousreply 14408/18/2013

R139, the only person injected was Eric's sister.

They all drank the hep v in prison, when eric went to release the prisoners, one of them stayed behind telling eric that his maker was in the freezer. Eric then looked and that guy was rotting in there.

R140, i agree, this season was terrible. Can't get any worse than this.

by Anonymousreply 14508/18/2013

Good question.

by Anonymousreply 14608/18/2013

I'm sorry but you guys must be used to small peen. His peen is small. It's only 5 or 6 inches erect at most. For a guy his height, it's not big. I think the pic of his dad's peen someone posted here in DL is bigger.

by Anonymousreply 14708/18/2013

Well, and the point is that they made a point of saying that this was their gift to women and 'the gays'. It was an incredibly unsexy scene.

by Anonymousreply 14808/18/2013

Sookie sookie! Me love you long time now!

by Anonymousreply 14908/18/2013

Eric's cock is the worst combination; small and uncut. Ewww!

by Anonymousreply 15008/18/2013

Look at the pics, you fool. He's certainly not erect, no where near and he is hunched over getting out of a sitting position. If you think that's a flattering move to best show off your penis,(which he's not trying to do) you clearly don't have one.

by Anonymousreply 15108/18/2013

Very disjointed season. Next year should be its last. It's a shame. Was a big fan, but interest has waned.

by Anonymousreply 15208/18/2013

"IDK why more actors don't do full-frontal!?!"

(Handsome, athletic European does casual, non-erotic scene naked)

"EEEEWWWW!!!! FORESKIN! PUNY!! (ie, normal) GROSS!!!!

Fuckin' Yank queens.

by Anonymousreply 15308/18/2013

What a fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 15408/19/2013

R153...MARY!

Calm down.The negative reaction has as much to do with the PR buildup from the show as it does with the peen itself. Don't tell viewers that they're about to get a sexy scene with a actor's sausage, and then have it turn out to be a glassic gerkin.

by Anonymousreply 15508/19/2013

[quote]Eric's cock is the worst combination; small and uncut. Ewww!

Oh please. The man was completely flaccid. You sound retarded.

by Anonymousreply 15608/19/2013

Damn ... cut the guy a break. YOU try to keep your erection once you've caught fire.

by Anonymousreply 15708/19/2013

A good-looking actor was nude on a beach - the problem is? He wasn't shaking his ass like a stripper? He was insufficiently engorged, foreskin retracted, glans shiny? Who does he think be is?

It wasn't a sexual scene. God, you can see where the Sodom&Gomorrah thing about sex-crazed frenzied mobs might've developed. "Show us your dick!"...(dick shown)...NOT.GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15808/19/2013

r153, his cock looks like yours in size? then may i ask how big are you when erect?

by Anonymousreply 15908/19/2013

First of all, it's flaccid. Second, he's outside. Third, it looks normal-sized.

by Anonymousreply 16008/19/2013

[quote]God, you can see where the Sodom&Gomorrah thing about sex-crazed frenzied mobs might've developed. "Show us your dick!"...(dick shown)...NOT.GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!

Well, it's not like we're watching masterpiece theater here, doll.

by Anonymousreply 16108/19/2013

I'd suck him off in an instant.

by Anonymousreply 16208/19/2013

The season ended well at least--it's gone back to its small town roots, which is what mostly everyone wanted.

by Anonymousreply 16308/19/2013

The Warlow storyline didn't go much of anywhere. The actor was hot, but as this season's Big bad, he was pretty easy to destroy.

I like that not only have they brought the show back to its Bon Temps roots but that the way they've left it it will pretty much have to stay in Bon Temps next season. We'll get more of this interesting idea about symbiotic human/vampire pairings in the wake of the end of Tru-Blood, plus we'll have to have more about Sam as mayor, Sookie and Alcide's relationship (thank god he cut his hair! and we seem to be done now with these boring stories about his pack), and Tara's new relationship with Lettie-Mae.

Did anyone besides me notice that Merlotte's is now run by Arlene and is called Bellfleur's?

by Anonymousreply 16408/19/2013

The Warlow storyline could have had a lot of potential but the writers screwed it up and then they kill off the two hottest guys on the show.

They're keeping the Eric--- (is he really dead?)--carrot dangling do they won't piss off the Eric fans but Skarsgard should just leave this wreck of a show.

I would have loved to see Warlow be in season 7 and wished they'd have thrown Warlow back into the realm instead of a final demise. For a 6000 year old vampire, Jason staking him was such a cheap ending.

Anyone know if they offered him another season and it was his choice to leave? Or was Warlow written for only one season. That's a shame cause I'd like to see more of Kazinsky's cute face and fine bod.

by Anonymousreply 16508/19/2013

[quote]Anyone know if they offered him another season and it was his choice to leave?

One villain a year.

by Anonymousreply 16608/19/2013

It often seems like the people who watch True Blood are smarter than the people who put on True Blood. Fuck you True Blood for having the gall to think that we don't see right through you. There must have plenty of drama behind the departure of Hudis. The Sookie/Warlow story looks like it was a casualty of that drama. No way did they build up this story as an epic love affair and then dispatch Grandpa Niall to Supe Purgatory for six episodes and keep Warlow tied up to a tombstone for three. Only to have him suffer from Disassociative Personality Disorder and have him be a bore and a beater! It's no secret that the fans were tired of Bill and wouldn't have cared if he died this season. I wonder if having created a romantic interest for Sookie who might have proved popular was somehow threatening to the "stars". It seems like they went out of their way to make him as boring as possible to stem fan interest and then made him as mean and vile as possible to justify killing him off. Something just isn't right. And where is there any evidence of this new and independent Sookie now? Alcide is bossing her around just like Warlow wanted to do. Buckner is delusional if he thinks th fans are happy with the way this season ended. And I have to agree with my old friend The Fallen Angel that the hype over showing Skarsgard's prick peurile and insulting to the people that they believe makes up their core audience.

by Anonymousreply 16708/19/2013

Disappointing season. And why only 10 episodes?

by Anonymousreply 16808/19/2013

Horrible season.

Did they hire completely new writers?

by Anonymousreply 16908/19/2013

The first 6 episodes were promising and then it went downhill from there and became a mess.

by Anonymousreply 17008/19/2013

I've written for television. While I don't know anything about this situation, it sounds like the show had a story planned, then someone threw out the planned story and they spent the the rest of season rewriting a new story. It is quite obvious and sort of sloppily done if you know what to look for.

by Anonymousreply 17108/19/2013

R171, what specific things made you think that? Was it the inconsistency in the Warlow character?

by Anonymousreply 17208/20/2013

r171 is probably right, they did fire the show runner after all.

by Anonymousreply 17308/20/2013

It was only 10 episodes because of Anna Paquin's pregnancy, R168.

by Anonymousreply 17408/20/2013

The whole season was disjointed, and the Warlow storyline was a colossal letdown.

by Anonymousreply 17508/20/2013

As disjointed as it was, it was better than last year.

And it seems to have done enough of a 'reset' to make next year possibly decent.

by Anonymousreply 17608/20/2013

I apparently wasn't alone in thinking this season sucked: Sunday's sixth season finale attracted only 4.1 million viewers at its initial 9 pm airing -- about 1 million less than last year. The series lost about 1.3 million viewers when you combine the night's two airings.

by Anonymousreply 17708/20/2013

POSSIBLE SPOILER FOR NEXT YEAR: Don't read if you don't want to know! Does Buckner know the first thing about being a showrunner? First he said that Eric was definetly dead. He burned. An hour ago he gave an interview and he said that Eric is not dead. Skargard has signed on as a regular cast member for next season. "I wouldn't take Alexander Skarsgard from your living rooms". He also hinted that it is Pam who finds Eric because she flew off to find him. Oh, and the vampires who are swarming and headed towards Merlottes, fuck Arlene, are NOT zombies. The finale was only two days ago and he's already ruining the element of surprise for season seven? He must be taking tremendous heat for supposedly killing off the most popular character on the show. Suckie, who? If you are going to end the season with a shocking cliffhanger then have the balls to stand by it. Let the fans hate. It will only generate more buzz for next year. But they don't even have the balls to do that. By the time the show airs again next year we will know so much about it that we won't have to watch it at all. Here's the one thing he absolutely needs to do. Tell Anna Paquin to pack on about ten pounds before reporting to set next year. And get her a years supply of 5 Hour Energy. She looked like shit. And her energy level was on a par with her acting. A big fat zero. And please tell her to lose that stupid Adam Sandler voice she uses for no apparent reason. So lame.

by Anonymousreply 17908/20/2013

[quote]He must be taking tremendous heat for supposedly killing off the most popular character on the show.

What the hell are you babbling about? Ever heard of a cliffhanger? News flash, Kristin shot JR but no one thought he was dead.

by Anonymousreply 18008/20/2013

I didn't think this series could become any more absurd and campy..

..then I finally watched the season finale tonight. WOW. Just, incredibly silly.

How do these actors not hide themselves when they're out in public?

by Anonymousreply 18108/20/2013

[quote]Tell Anna Paquin to pack on about ten pounds before reporting to set next year.

oh no, a woman can never be too thin

by Anonymousreply 18208/20/2013

Read the post again, r180. Buckner gave an interview and said that Eric was DEAD. He BURNED. Then he backtracked and gave an interviews with two different entertainment websites and told the fans he wasn't gone. He also gave away other spoilers for next season. Yeah, fuckwad, I know what a cliffhanger is. And if you run a show and want the cliffhanger to be effective, then you have to shut the fuck up and let the chips fall. Were they really that surprised that fans were going to be upset that Eric might be gone? Wasn't that the point? He needs to take a page from Alan Ball's book and just keep quiet about the new season. He also thinks that we are clamoring for a Sookie/Alcide/Bill triangle. He's fucking delusional. Do you have anything of interest to add or do you just like being a dick?

by Anonymousreply 18308/20/2013

I bet Bruckner will be fired over the hiatus, lower quality, lower ratings, blabbing.

I would guess thou that they made Skarsgaard sign a seven year contract. He was in some other worldy place. I bet that will be how they explain that he burst into fire and then returned.

by Anonymousreply 18408/20/2013

I'd prefer a Jason/Alcide/Eric triangle.

by Anonymousreply 18508/20/2013

Whatever

by Anonymousreply 18608/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.