Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Where is your dream vacation spot

I've always wanted to visit Singapore. I heard it was one of the best vacation spots ever. And that it was very clean because of the law that even if you so much as spit gum, you get shot or are imprisoned*.

*I'm not kidding. It's an actual law, you can google it.

by Anonymousreply 1707/04/2013

I've been to Singapore three times. It is very clean, orderly and the people are very diverse and friendly. It has that wonderful tropical mix of Asia and British colonial architecture, plus state-of-the art modern buildings all perfectly planned. There is an endless variety of Asian cuisines to try, it's an interesting place. But a dream vacation? It's really worth three days at most, it's a very small city.

I saw some white tourists being reprimanded by police for jaywalking, I think they even got a ticket. There is no gum on any sidewalk. If they whip the people to prevent it, oh well. We could use that kind of discipline here in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 106/30/2013

James Wolk's ass

by Anonymousreply 206/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 306/30/2013

My dream vacation isn't a spot, it's a length of time.

I'd like to take six months to a year to potter around Europe, and another six months to a year to do the same in Australia and New Zealand, then another six months to a year in east Asia...

by Anonymousreply 407/01/2013

[quote]James Wolk's ass

I looked that destination up on TripAdvisor and there are no reviews, r2. What hotel did you stay in? Where did you eat? What are some places that you must see? Would you go back again?

by Anonymousreply 507/01/2013

I love the food in Singapore: mee goring, roti canai, etc. Could have it every day and never get tired of it. However, it's not really somewhere to go in and of itself.

by Anonymousreply 607/01/2013

Salsburg, Austria.

by Anonymousreply 707/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 807/01/2013

Why would anyone leave NYC? everything you'd want is here. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013

I want to see kangaroos.

by Anonymousreply 1007/01/2013

Great satire, R9.

I'd go to northern Portugal. My second choice would be Malta, and my third choice would be Dominica.

by Anonymousreply 1107/01/2013

Bosnia - Just went there finally in June. Interesting to see how Sarajevo and Mostar have recovered from the devastation of the 1990s war

by Anonymousreply 1207/01/2013

Right now, I want to go to Hong Kong. First, we'd go to be fitted for suits. Then the races. Then food. Then a movie with the locals. then food. Then shopping. Then food.

by Anonymousreply 1307/02/2013

My honeymoon at Jasper Park Lodge.

The bastard still hasn't asked me to marry him.

by Anonymousreply 1407/02/2013

Exactly, R9. Why travel for the white-sand beaches and crystal blue waters of Bora Bora, when you've got good 'ol Coney Island there.

by Anonymousreply 1507/02/2013

Your momma's ass.

by Anonymousreply 1607/02/2013

Lake Tahoe

by Anonymousreply 1707/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!