Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How can I stop my cat from being an annoying bitch?

As soon as I walk in the door she won't shut up and won't let me do a thing until I sit next to her. She doesn't want me to pet or feed her, she just wants me to sit next to her and watch her groom. But she will not STOP meowing and running between my legs until I have granted her my full attention.

Can I change her behavior?

by Anonymousreply 3708/07/2013

Why your cat would love a wretch like you is inexplicable.

But apparently she does.

by Anonymousreply 106/30/2013

Just because they try to demand your attention doesn't mean you have to indulge them every time.

You sound afraid to stand up to your cat.

by Anonymousreply 306/30/2013

I have an idea!

by Anonymousreply 406/30/2013

She will be gone before you know it OP. Enjoy that she wants your attention.

by Anonymousreply 506/30/2013

Testosterone.

by Anonymousreply 706/30/2013

[bold]How can I stop my cat from being an annoying bitch?

. . .

[italic]Can I change her behavior?[/italic][/bold]

Yes.

Present her with a serving of cat food in a small, crystal bowl.

Before the "annoying bitch" is about to eat, shove her aside and devor her dinner all by yourself.

That will teach your cat a lesson she'll never forget. (And you won't need to give a shit whether she can ever forgive?!)

by Anonymousreply 806/30/2013

She sounds so fuzzy!

by Anonymousreply 906/30/2013

My cat does the exact same thing. Yes, it's annoying but are you that busy that you can't sit for five minutes and give it your attention? I only have the one and I live alone so she's by herself all day. All they want is attention.

by Anonymousreply 1006/30/2013

My little kitty kat loves to walk in front of me and then stop dead in her tracks so that if I am not careful, I will step on her which then gives her permission to scream at the top of her cat lungs and hiss and sulk for the rest of the day. I think she kind of likes that I will beg and plead with her to forgive me for hours before she deigns to let me pet and feed her again.

The other morning she jumped out of the bedroom window onto the grass in the back yard, something she does a lot. It had rained pretty hard the night before and so she jumped right into very wet grass. As she hot stepped over the lawn, gingerly picking up one paw at a time to try to shake off the wetness, she suddenly turned and gave me the dirtiest stink-eye, like all of that mess was my fault. She eschewed my company for the rest of the day once she came back inside, paws and underbelly extremely damp. I didn't help matters by laughing at her. She was not amused.

by Anonymousreply 1106/30/2013

Get another cat to keep her company.

by Anonymousreply 1206/30/2013

You certainly shouldn't reward her for tripping you up. That's dangerous for both of you.

Of course you shouldn't get in the habit of ignoring your cat when she's trying to communicate with you, but if you're sure she's just being a bitch cat for no reason, it helps if you can walk away and ignore her until she stops, or at least until you can get your coat off and be ready to deal with her. Maybe you could reward her with a treat when she interacts with you in a more friendly way.

by Anonymousreply 1306/30/2013

Some of you can't be serious, including the OP. I love the part of my day when I come home and my cat is so excited - for about 15 minutes - she runs to the door, then rolls around on the floor in jubilation that someone is home to keep her company. OP please change your attitude.

by Anonymousreply 1707/01/2013

I agree with R17. I keep asking my cat if she's aware that cats are supposed to be aloof. I guess she skipped cat school the day they taught that lesson. My cats have always let me know they're happy I'm home and that makes me happy.

by Anonymousreply 1807/01/2013

Read this GAWKER piece about the early days of the AIDS crisis. Read it to your cat:

by Anonymousreply 1907/01/2013

I also love to come home to sweet kitty greetings. Every cat has his own way of interacting; mine stretch on their scratching posts and polish my legs until I pet them for a while. They're greeting me because they are happy to see me, OP. Sounds like your kitty is happy to see you. Enjoy it. Give her attention when she asks for it. They are gone before you know it.

by Anonymousreply 2007/01/2013

Running between your legs is not good, OP. It's an accident waiting to happen. Why not discourage this behavior in a non-violent way? You could lay in a water pistol and squirt the cat when it carries on, or simply pick it up and put it in a separate room with the door closed for ten minutes. Animals are smart and animals can learn.

by Anonymousreply 2107/01/2013

Have yourself put down.

It's quick and painless.

by Anonymousreply 2207/01/2013

You have an entire life outside of your home: work, friends, restaurants, movies, whatever.

Your cat only has you, and then only for a few hours a day.

Is it really too much to ask, to dedicate a few minutes solely to petting and loving her?

by Anonymousreply 2307/01/2013

OP, it is really NOT nice to call your cat a bitch. I think YOU need to be sprayed from a bottle; work on modifying YOUR behavior.

by Anonymousreply 2407/01/2013

1. Absolutely get a second cat for company

2. Smack yourself once lightly for balking at her need for love and affection. Then shake it off, and proceed to give her the love and attention you got her for in the first place.

I echo the earlier post which said enjoy it while you can. My dearest companion who has been glued to me during 6 of the worst years anyone could survive, is now 14 and I get misty every time I watch her sleeping knowing that she won't be with me much longer.

by Anonymousreply 2507/01/2013

R25, this is not about you. Nor is it about your sad notions of proper feline care and treatment. or your inveterate mistyhood.

by Anonymousreply 2607/01/2013

you need to give that needy bitch attention on your schedule. play with one of those stupid cat toys until she is spent. get that little fucker a cat perch so she can look out the window and stare at shit. move some damn furniture around to make her explore. play hide and seek with treats and toys. that's right, get that bitch hunting. get a fuckin fish tank so she has fish to fuck with. in short, your cat wouldn't be such a needy bitch if she had shit to do while you were out, and if you also played with her daily.

option B, call Greenpeace, those fuckers love euthanizing animals. they'll probably do it for free or for some tofurkey.

by Anonymousreply 2707/01/2013

OP, how annoying you are. A bitch is a dog, always a dog, a cat is never a bitch. A breeding female feline is a queen. She is a queen and give that cat her due. QUEEN, get it?

by Anonymousreply 2807/01/2013

Feed it to an ATM.

by Anonymousreply 2907/01/2013

R27, just when I thought I had the foulest mouth of anyone I know, hee-hee! Sitting here shaking with laughter at your post!

by Anonymousreply 3008/06/2013

I love it when my pussy demands attention...

by Anonymousreply 3108/06/2013

Do NOT under any circumstance get another cat when you can't even make time for the one you have.

Introducing a second cat into a single cat household takes a lot of time and patience, which the OP doesn't have to spare.

by Anonymousreply 3208/06/2013

"Absolutely get a second cat for company"

She doesn't want company -- she wants MOM (you). If you get another cat she'll compete with it for your attention. The same situation 2x worse.

Jesus, there are so many queens here that complain about cats being aloof. Now the needy one gets the same amount of complaints.

by Anonymousreply 3308/06/2013

I agree with not getting another cat. I have four, who have all been together since kittenhood and they adore me and don't care for each other.

So I get needycuddletimes x 4 when I get home.

Just give her what she needs OP. Or find her a better home ...

by Anonymousreply 3408/07/2013

You're gay and you don't sing to your cat when you get home? You pick them up and cuddle - hell, there's a whole dance involved. AND it's not the same song and dance you perform for the dog.

I'm sorry, OP. Perhaps your from the special school. Do you own a Saab by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 3508/07/2013

[quote]Just because they try to demand your attention doesn't mean you have to indulge them every time. You sound afraid to stand up to your cat.

As it should be.

by Anonymousreply 3608/07/2013

OP, your cat is A CAT! If you don't like cats hanging around acting like cats, why did you get one!

by Anonymousreply 3708/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.