Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DEXTER -the FINAL season returns tonight!

Can't wait to see Deb spiral out of control!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 60009/18/2013

This show has been awful since season 4 ended (though season 3 was also terrible), but I can't seem to stop watching. I hate how they've ruined Deb.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 106/30/2013

Do you think the retired cop on the boat will finally do something now that LaGuerta is dead?! I miss the blond Russian :-( he was a a sexy one. Don't like Hannah and her relationship with Dexter is sick.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 206/30/2013

I like the actress who plays Hannah. She was great in GOLDEN BOY on Broadway.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 306/30/2013

Wahhhhhhh! I don't have Showtime! Anywhere I can see it online?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 406/30/2013

Anybody? Beuler? On line. Please?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 506/30/2013

Here, R5:

by The detective with the bad wispreply 606/30/2013

Charlotte Rampling? Wow. Wasn't she known for an S & M type role about 4 decades ago?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 706/30/2013

Thank you R6. You are a doll.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 806/30/2013

Another R5

by The detective with the bad wispreply 906/30/2013

Thanks R9. Appreciate it. You're a doll too.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 1006/30/2013

Dexter hacking Debra's account is further proof that this show is terrible when it comes to technology.

I remember last season the department didn't even know about tracing ip addresses. Louis had to tell them about it! This is the Miami Homicide department!

And then, the best part! They walk up to some dude in the park, and hand him a piece of paper and ask "Is this your Internet protocol address?" And the man looks at the paper and says "Yes"!!! LOL Who the fuck would know their IP address?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 1106/30/2013

The truth is R11 Dexter has a compelling premise and a strong lead acting by Michael C Hall. It honestly has never been an intelligently written show compared to the other high profile cable dramas.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 1206/30/2013

I loved season five, one of my favorites. Anyway, the show was good tonight and there are only five more episodes, if you don't like the show...don't watch it.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 1306/30/2013

What do you mean there are only 5 more episodes? There's 11 more.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 1406/30/2013

The whole show is about the characters and the murders...if you have to nitpick everything, don't watch the show. Do you nitpick every fucking thing in your life?

You don't enjoy many things, do you, R11?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 1506/30/2013

I shouldn't tell you this because of constraints, but I'm pissed at production at the moment.

The final episode consists of Dexter admitting to himself that he has become the same type of killer he has been eradicating over the years, and he commits suicide in a particularly appropriate way. A lot of the season plot leads to this conclusion on his part, especially a spectacular "oops" on his part.

Enjoy!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 1606/30/2013

Shut the fuck up, R13.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 1706/30/2013

Season three was perfect, with Jimmy Smits. He was great in his part.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 1806/30/2013

I guess I read that there were only 6 episodes this season but I could be wrong.

By the way, I won't be shutting up...just because a creepy bully tells me too, r17.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 1906/30/2013

[quote]You don't enjoy many things, do you, [R11]?

Of course I do! There's a lot of great shows on TV at the moment, like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Hannibal, Louie and I'm hoping Under the Dome is good.

I just hate lazy writing.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 2006/30/2013

R16. Cool. Don Draper is DB Cooper.. (Mad Men series finale)

Since we're spoiling..

by The detective with the bad wispreply 2106/30/2013

I hope the spoiler is a lie, because I don't want Dexter to die.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 2207/01/2013

I feel kind of cheated by the 6 month skip ahead. LaGuerta died trying to prove Dexter was the Bay Harbor Butcher and everyone treats him like good ol' Dex?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 2307/01/2013

[quote]Dexter hacking Debra's account is further proof that this show is terrible when it comes to technology.

Her username was "Deborah Morgan"

by The detective with the bad wispreply 2407/01/2013

The producers have been hinting that they might be pulling "Breaking Bad", i.e. splitting the last season into two half-seasons to air over two years. Has that been confirmed?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 2507/01/2013

Am I the only one who thought Charlotte Rampling was really terrific? I can't wait to see what her character is going to do - and what she's going to do with it.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 2607/01/2013

R26, yes, i agree, she was good in this episode.

I didn't like last season but i enjoyed this episode and looks promising so far.

Poor Debs.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 2707/01/2013

This episode of DEXTER made me wish they were doing another season. Maybe a spin-off... DEBORAH? Too bad they killed off the guy from ENTOURAGE already (Rhys Coiro). He was great.

Charlotte Rampling is incredible. Emmy? I bet.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 2807/01/2013

I've loved every season, and only missed the Trinity season. Sexy Charlotte Rampling is going to offer a lot this year.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 2907/01/2013

I did like how Deb's password was, "Fucking password", tee hee.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 3007/01/2013

The prologue before this episode made me remember what a waste of time Tom Hanks son's episodes were.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 3107/01/2013

The Trinity season is the best season. The Colin Hanks season was the worst.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 3207/01/2013

What R32 said.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 3307/01/2013

I also agree with R32.

Love Charlotte Rampling! Do you think LaGuerta contacted her about Dexter before she was killed? Is that why she came to Miami and found a way to get back into Miami Metro? I have to say, I'm shocked they let in so early that she knows who Dexter really is. Not that I mind, I'm excited about this season now.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 3407/01/2013

Loved The first two seasons, the third season was a major disappointment, the fourth season redeemed itself. Fifth season wasn't very good, sixth season was the worst until the last minute. I loved last season. I thought the actress who played Hannah and the actor who played the gay gangster were fantastic. I'm sort of sad that it's ending. While Dexter hasn't always excelled, it never completely jumped the shark in my opinion and has some of the best acting on TV.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 3507/01/2013

R34, I actually think it was Matthews who contacted her. Even though he seemingly dismissed LaGuerta's accusations, I wouldn't be surprised if it didnt raise some red flags, especially with her getting killed. And he previously worked with her and Harry.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 3607/01/2013

I think it will be be the Batista who will discover the truth about Dexter and avenge his ex-wife's death. My memory's fuzzy, did he retire from the force? I know he said he was gonna quit and buy a bar.

Who has gossip on the actors this show?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 3707/01/2013

I have to admit I only half watched while surfing the internet because I found the Deb scenes overwrought. But when Charlotte Rampling showed up I paid attention and I was glad I did. Her scene with Dexter in the lab made this episode. What a fantastic actress. The casting for the past two years has been inspired. I really want to forget the Colin Hanks and season six and I'm betting Hall and the producers want to do the same. Good start to what looks like a killer season:)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 3807/01/2013

Unless the final season has been on before, the series returned, but the final season debuted.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 3907/01/2013

I thought Matthews said the Doctor contacted him, that she had moved back to Miami about a year and a half ago but that she had contacted him about this case and NOW she wants Dexter to help her solve it. Did I dream that?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 4007/01/2013

R40, no, but would he have really said the truth if he contacted her because of LaGuerta's suspicions of Dexter?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 4107/01/2013

How would she know about Harry's code? Aside from Dexter and Harry, who knew of its existence?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 4207/01/2013

My feeling is that she's someone who was close to Harry and whom he confided in. Apparently, if what I read was correct, this season will also shed more light on Dexter's biological mother.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 4307/01/2013

Do you think they will be a spinoff or a movie?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 4407/01/2013

The only thing that saved the Colin Hanks season for me was Sexter and C.S. Lee (aka Masuka) posting here on DL. As I recall, some asshole poster here ran them off. Typical. It was fun while it lasted though.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 4507/01/2013

I know it's totally wild, but if Dexter somehow got Deb pregnant or if he died and she decided to raise Harrison herself, they could do a cool type of spin-off movie or series that would have its own tone and energy and could be fun, I think.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 4607/01/2013

I like Jennifer Carpenter but I watch Dexter because of Michael C. Hall.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 4707/02/2013

[quote]How would she know about Harry's code? Aside from Dexter and Harry, who knew of its existence?

My guess is that she (Charlotte Rampling) was probably the shrink who was consulted to help young Dex after he suffered the trauma of seeing his mother butchered. I think she knew about Harry's Code because she helped create it, along with Harry, as a means of managing Dexter's burgeoning tendencies. I also think Matthews is aware of it and has known all along.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 4807/02/2013

Um, is she his mother? Sounds like the way this show goes. Last season - he confronts his mother and she has some dark secrets of her own...hello? Seems obvious.

Anyhow, anyone ever notice how every single scene in Dexter uses a phone for a plot device? Check it out. Every scene - there's a PHONE CALL! Which CHANGES THE PLOT!! And LOOK! Another phone call!!

Once I noticed that a few years ago, it became a drinking game.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 4907/03/2013

I don't think she's his mom. Dexter found his mother's dead body covered in blood when he was a wee kid.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 5007/03/2013

That's a great explanation R48. Do you think it's odd Dexter seems to have no recollection of her? This show is really freaky. What if Charlotte ramplings character melon-balled that guy just so she could insert herself into the case.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 5107/03/2013

Maybe she is his mom and the woman he saw murdered wasn't his mother after all. All his killings and mental trauma were for naught. After learning this, he easily gives up killing and forms a close bond with his mother.

Meanwhile, Deb is permanently fucked up and goes on to be a serial killer.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 5207/03/2013

[quote] Maybe she is his mom and the woman he saw murdered wasn't his mother after all. All his killings and mental trauma were for naught. After learning this, he easily gives up killing and forms a close bond with his mother.

An interesting twist, but one that would alienate nearly everyone, would be a 'Raising Cain' style revelation where Vogel is his mother and masterminded traumatic shit happening in order to try and create a psychopath.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 5307/03/2013

That would certainly be a Fuck You on the way out to retcon Dexter's mother. Didnt DNA prove ICT to be Dex' brother?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 5407/03/2013

[quote]Every scene - there's a PHONE CALL! Which CHANGES THE PLOT!! And LOOK! Another phone call!!

Ha! Too true. I especially love the texts that everyone gets in GREAT BIG, COMICALLY GIANT FONTS so that the TV audience can read them more easily.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 5507/03/2013

If Dexter hadn't killed Trinity a spin-off about a nationwide manhunt would have been amazing. I still can't get over Lithgow's performance.

Or they could give Lumen her own show where her 'Harry' is Valerie Solanas, leading a troup of Michfest attendees across the land hunting down rapists.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 5607/03/2013

[quote]Didnt DNA prove ICT to be Dex' brother?

ITK. And yes, and it proved the woman who Dexter and his brother witness get murdered was his mother.

That would truly be a lame "twist".

by The detective with the bad wispreply 5707/03/2013

[R52] has watched too much daytime drama

by The detective with the bad wispreply 5807/03/2013

[quote]The producers have been hinting that they might be pulling "Breaking Bad", i.e. splitting the last season into two half-seasons to air over two years. Has that been confirmed?

The first half of that has already happened. The final 6-7 episodes start in August.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 5907/03/2013

Oh look! A fancy speaking "brilliant" British lady comes out of the blue, working for free... She's ominous, dark and brilliant, and she's on to Dexter! Whatever could she want?!?

Seriously, this is tired. Of course it would HAVE to be a Brit actor because, you know, 'brilliant' and 'dark' doctors/scientists are NEVER Asian or Hispanic or just plain ol American. Nosiree.

I still love the show, but I'm not falling for this over-played plot device. I'm predicting now that whatever she wants, whomever she needs Dexter to off, she'll end up being the bad guy, maybe a killer herself.

There's a long way to go in the final season and no doubt everyone out there disagrees with me, but even after just the first episode this seems all too familiar.

(and could they just kill Debra off already? It's become exhausting watching her.)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 6007/03/2013

[quote] The first half of that has already happened. The final 6-7 episodes start in August.

What I meant is that the final season of Dexter will be split over two years.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 6107/03/2013

R7, you're thinking of The Night Porter.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 6207/03/2013

R25/R61, no that is not happening. Dexter's final season is normal length.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 6307/03/2013

Yes, that was it. Thank you, R62.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 6407/03/2013

Rampling was fantastic. And I loved Deb's password - "fuckingpassword". Looking forward to this season.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 6507/03/2013

I think r48 has it. And I think the reason the shrink has Dexter's childhood drawings and knows about Harry's code is because she was his shrink when he was very young. Mathews was probably aware of it all along and has turned a blind eye because he was best friends with Dex's dad and because Dex only kills other serial killers. And quite possibly Mathews has a thing for the shrink too. He seems pretty pleased she's back and mentioned he thinks she's a bit of a looker.

Perhaps this group of people have groomed a sociopathic boy into being the perfect serial killer ever since he was tiny. And now that he seems to occasionally veer from the code ( by killing outside of the code, falling in love, caring about his sister) they're back to put him back on the "right" path.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 6607/03/2013

Without spoiling what happens next, the first scene of the second episode is one of the show's best. The next three episodes are all excellent, actually. I hope the rest of the season is as good. If it is, many of you should be very pleased.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 6707/04/2013

She said, 'insert'.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 6807/04/2013

R67, who's in this scene you speak of?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 6907/04/2013

R67, how do you j=know? Did you read a spoiler somewhere? Because from all of your other posts, suggest you don't know any more than the rest of us.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 7007/04/2013

Rampling's overly dramatic statement that Dexter can't kill her because she doesn't "fit Harry's code" was über lame because this show has had no problem having Dexter break that code anytime it needs a plot contrivance.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 7107/04/2013

Matthews never had a strict moral code of his own...he probably doesn't really mind if Dexter goes off the reservation.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 7207/04/2013

[quote] Rampling's overly dramatic statement that Dexter can't kill her because she doesn't "fit Harry's code" was über lame because this show has had no problem having Dexter break that code anytime it needs a plot contrivance.

How the fuck would SHE know that? Do you think Evelyn Vogel gets Showtime?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 7307/04/2013

[quote]How the fuck would SHE know that? Do you think Evelyn Vogel gets Showtime?

???

I have no objection to her saying it. The show presenting that line as a moment of profundity was silly, though.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 7407/04/2013

Yes, R7, but he's supposed to follow his code. She obviously knows what the code is and reminded him she doesn't fit. How is that contrived? It's true. Doesn't mean he follows it. Just that he has one.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 7507/04/2013

R75, that's not contrived. What I mean is, that the writers implying that Dexter is screwed because he can't kill this woman because of Harry's Code is silly, when there have been plenty of times when they've had Dex violate the code PLENTY of times when it fit the story.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 7607/04/2013

[quote]What I mean is, that the writers implying that Dexter is screwed because he can't kill this woman because of Harry's Code is silly, when there have been plenty of times when they've had Dex violate the code PLENTY of times when it fit the story.

No shit. But perhaps SHE doesn't know about this.. She only knows he has a code. Her mistake is thinking he follows it.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 7707/05/2013

{quote]Perhaps this group of people have groomed a sociopathic boy into being the perfect serial killer ever since he was tiny. And now that he seems to occasionally veer from the code ( by killing outside of the code, falling in love, caring about his sister) they're back to put him back on the "right" path.

This idea intrigues me. It could work, too, especially in combination with the premise that Vogel may have had a hand in shaping Dexter's development, either as his childhood shrink or as a behind the scenes consultant to Harry. Maybe he was meant to be sort of a "secret weapon" for the department all along.

On one hand, it would be kind of sad, like the poor kid never had a chance with this little cabal pulling his strings, but on the other hand, perhaps the knowledge of this truth could give Dexter the chance to finally break free from the cycle of manipulation. That might be a more satisfying conclusion to his saga than a dark ending, which is more or less what I've been expecting.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 7807/05/2013

Thanks R78, I gave it some thought on a long work trip and figured Vogel not only knows who Dexter is but has had a hand in shaping him, along with Mathews and his dad. Vogel asked him how he ended up a blood spatter expert for the police. I thought this was a very loaded question and it makes me wonder if they hadn't lead him in that direction. It means he has access to the files of criminals and their background, who he could then kill. It prevented a lot of suspicion as the cops are unlikely to suspect one of their own and for guys like Mathews it meant that the bad guys got what was coming to them, rather than going to trial and risking the chance of them going free or serving a quickie sentence.

I also think that when Vogel mentioned Harry's code it served the dual purpose of letting Dexter know that she knows exactly who he is and that he once had a very strict code that kept him mostly free of suspicion, with the exception of Doakes and occasionally Quinn. It was when he veered off the code that life really became tricky and complicated.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 7907/05/2013

[quote]Perhaps this group of people have groomed a sociopathic boy into being the perfect serial killer ever since he was tiny. And now that he seems to occasionally veer from the code ( by killing outside of the code, falling in love, caring about his sister) they're back to put him back on the "right" path.

I freaking love this. And when you stop and think about it, we actually don't know that much about Harry. Only what we've been told by Dexter. There were some real flashbacks in the first few seasons (none of which, I don't think, would contradict this theory). But mostly we've been treated to an idealized Harry; a manifestation of Dexter's conscience. We accept him as the real Harry, as Dexter does, but is he?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 8007/06/2013

I liked the first episode a lot. There was a lot of tension with main characters turning their backs on each other. I like the idea too that maybe Dexter was a sort of 'experiment'. Love Charlotte Rampling also. She adds a level of sophistication the final season needs. It's a great contrast to characters such as Deb. Still think Des Harrington looks deathly thin.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 8207/06/2013

Maybe Lumen will return.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 8307/07/2013

Harry would have NEVER told anyone about Dexter killing people. STUPID!!!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 8407/07/2013

Charlotte Rampling is one of my all-time favorite actors. I am thrilled to see her on Dexter even though I nearly lost hope in the show last season. Here's to renewed hope and the always magnificent Charlotte Rampling.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 8507/07/2013

anyone?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 8607/08/2013

I don't trust Vogel.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 8707/08/2013

Vogel is clearly up to something. I don't think anyone was in her house. I think she's working with whoever this killer is. I also think she's going to push Dex to kill Deb, citing Harry's code.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 8807/08/2013

I don't know what to think about her, I'm just not looking forward to Hannah's return.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 8907/08/2013

[quote]Rampling's overly dramatic statement that Dexter can't kill her because she doesn't "fit Harry's code" was über lame because this show has had no problem having Dexter break that code anytime it needs a plot contrivance.

Other than the rage killing in the men's room and self-defense, who has Dexter killed outside the code?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 9007/08/2013

[quote] B list who has really only one big hit television role to his credit but who keeps right on going with it

What about Six Feet Under?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 9107/08/2013

First of all he killed the child molester...then he killed that photographer who wasn't guilty and he was going to kill Leguarda. Actually I believe he's killed one or two others who didn't fit the code but I lost track.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 9207/08/2013

The child molester arguably fits the spirit of the code. Are you sure he wasn't also a killer? Dexter believed the photographer was guilty. As for LaGuerta, you are forgetting that the first rule of the code is "Don't Get Caught."

by The detective with the bad wispreply 9307/08/2013

[quote] you are forgetting that the first rule of the code is "Don't Get Caught."

Which is why it's all the more ridiculous that now we're supposed to believe Harry told Vogel about Dexter, but that he let her RECORD it!!!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 9407/08/2013

R93 The photographer was still sleazy BUT didn't fit the code in the end.It seems like the cheesy idea of Vogel actually being involved in all these murders will come to the fore. It seems possible.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 9507/08/2013

When Harry first sought help from Vogel, Dexter was 10 so he had yet to kill anyone. They're trying to imply that Harry was a confused dad who had no one else to turn. I agree that its ridiculous that Harry allowed Vogel to film him, so perhaps he didn't know.

I don't trust Vogel at all, she's up to something. I wonder if she's playing a game with all the serial killers she knows. I think she's having them all chase each other like a survival of the fittest thing.

Btw Dexter has killed outside the code a few times. He started with Doakes. He killed that dodgy cop that Quinn was mixed up with a few seasons back, I think he killed him the back if a van.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 9607/08/2013

*killed him in the back of a van.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 9707/08/2013

R97 Dexter didn't kill Doakes. Doakes died in that explosion when Dexter's cunt of a girlfriend set off the explosion.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 9807/08/2013

I'd totally forgotten that r98. Too many dead bodies to keep count of after all these years.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 9907/08/2013

Dexter did set up Doakes to be the "Bay Harbor butcher".

by The detective with the bad wispreply 10007/08/2013

I'm of the same view as R88.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 10107/08/2013

There's something about this storyline that seems vaguely familiar to me.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 10207/08/2013

Am I the only who thinks that Vogel IS the killer? I'm just sort of assuming that's what's going on.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 10307/08/2013

I considered that too R103. She is playing Dexter like a fiddle. Telling him he's special, normal and a lone wolf who like all sociopaths will outlast everyone else. I bet she's spinning the same crap to all the others, playing them all against one another so she's the only one left standing.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 10407/08/2013

[quote]I don't trust Vogel at all, she's up to something. I wonder if she's playing a game with all the serial killers she knows. I think she's having them all chase each other like a survival of the fittest thing.

fascinating theory. I hope you're right.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 10507/08/2013

The last shot of the fourth episode is thrilling and a DEXTER moment to remember. I think this might be the show's best season after all.

The second, third and fourth episode are like a miniseries in how they are structured and executed; a Vogel/Deb/Dexter trilogy. Brilliant.

Charlotte Rampling and Jennifer Carpenter? Emmy.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 10607/09/2013

Yeah, I have to say Jennifer Carpenter is killing it this season. Drunk, out of control and sympathetic is hard to pull off without getting too hammy. I'm loving her so far this season.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 10707/09/2013

R106, you were totally wrong at R67, so shut the fuck up with the spoilers.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 10807/09/2013

I've loved Jennifer Carpenter since White Chicks

by The detective with the bad wispreply 10907/09/2013

Uhm, Dr. Volker (or whatever her name is) is evil and is the killer killing the killers. She's toying with Dexter to determine if she can manipulate the psychopaths she creates. ..DUH

You don't need telescope to see that coming. It's not only painfully obvious, they're practically beating us over the fucking head with it.

(and, sorry.. but by this point, wouldn't Miami be getting worldwide media attention for having a serial killer on the loose every two weeks? Whatever happened to Dexter stalking bad guys and offing them? When did this tiresome serial killer thing become the central storyline of all the seasons??)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 11007/09/2013

Dexter rarely kills anymore. It used to be every week. It's become more of a CBS procedural now.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 11107/09/2013

Why is it that some old English actress showing up on an American television series makes a huge contingent of DL fangurls go into gushing adoration orgasm?

I'm sure I've seen "Charlotte Rampling" in something before, but I hardly recognize her as a household name.

Seeing every other comment about how this person or that person just LOVES her seems almost forced. Would it be a crime for someone to say they don't like her?

I find her to be your typical hammy British actress who basically uses her accent as an acting device, making it a parody. Hardly "brilliant".

Why must the brilliant and obviously twisted psychiatrist be British anyway?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 11207/09/2013

Agreed R111. It's basically a Fox crime series at this point.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 11307/09/2013

If anyone asks why I don't post anymore about the show, just ask R108.

And, yes, the first scene of the second episode IS one of the series best - and when you see how it is mirrored in the first scenes of episode three and four you will wish you didn't say that.

Can't believe the complaining here. Never happy?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 11407/09/2013

R114, I'm not R8 and don't know what you're going on about, but why keep referencing episode this one or that one? Most of us haven't been able to see those episodes. I just saw episode II last night and really not sure what you mean about it being the BEST episode of the series.

Was there something covertly revealed to us? Are you referring to the acting? Yes, it was good/interesting but nothing stands out to me.

Stop being so thin skinned and whiney. If you know more, I for one would love to hear spoilers in a spoilers thread.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 11507/09/2013

Debster, what is your affiliation with the show? Have you seen the entire last season?

(The DL is full of attitude but not everyone thinks you're FOS so don't be so quick to vacate..I've been hooked on Dexter since Season 1. While there were some bad seasons, it remains one of my favorite TV shows)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 11607/09/2013

R155 you bitch I'm not giving you anything but yet you don't ask any questions or even make a point. This thread is a disaster and I see mostly fools are still watching at this point or at least that's who's commenting here. Sad.

I guess after you see the structure of the season with episode four you will appreciate it more. Or not. I really don't care either way.

The sheer ignorance of R112 should be a crime. Ever heard of the films of Francois Ozon? Woody Allen's STARDUST MEMORIES? MELANCHOLIA? She's done films in four languages. "British actress," indeed.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 11707/09/2013

"Debster" aka 114, etc, has the same arrogant asshole attitude of the r poster that was here in Season Six who ran off Sexter. (the REAL insider)

It is OBVIOUS by "Debster;s" post at R46, he knows nothing about the show and has a shit imagination.

His defensive and nasty post at R117 is another example.

Sexter was fun, this guy is an asshole.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 11807/09/2013

R118? I wish it was YOU drowning in the lake (don't get it? You will in 2 weeks).

BTW You'll soon find out Vogel isn't the big bad... or at least isn't the only one.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 11907/09/2013

Trolldar Debster - he knows nothing.

[quote]If anyone asks why I don't post anymore about the show..

LMAO. You've given vague bullshit. "Ooooh, *this* scene in *that* episode", "Structure of the season!", "Episodes like a miniseries!!" ..

Give it up.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 12007/09/2013

PS Sexter, who I know and who is a great guy, left because of exactly the same reason I am now leaving. You cunts always bite the feeding hand.

Check back on my previous posts in 2 weeks and remind everyone how I don't know what happens. TIA!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 12107/09/2013

R119, I thought you signed off

[quote]This thread is a disaster and I see mostly fools are still watching at this point or at least that's who's commenting here. Sad.

LOL, yes, because people aren't fawning all over you. This thread is not about YOU.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 12207/09/2013

The bottom line, "Debster", is you are acting like a CUNT. Sexter was cool even when people gave him shit. He never called anyone a bitch or acted like an arrogant fuck. We had fun with him. He even posted photos of upcoming episodes, of the set, etc. It was a great time.

You, however have a shit attitude. And yes, [italic]you may very well have seen all of the episodes, you may be right about all of it - but you are being a DICK. So, really, I don't give a shit whether you are right or not. Your know it all, asshole attitude and defensive posts take the fun out of it. [/italic]

by The detective with the bad wispreply 12307/09/2013

[quote]PS Sexter, who I know and who is a great guy, left because of exactly the same reason I am now leaving. You cunts always bite the feeding hand.

Well, now we know you are lying. Sexter was adored here.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 12407/09/2013

What R123 said.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 12507/09/2013

[quote]Well, now we know you are lying. Sexter was adored here.

True.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 12607/09/2013

I remember the dick from the other Dexter threads called himself "The Dark Passenger" - remember?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 12707/09/2013

Exactly R124. As a matter of fact - this quote is addressed to Sexter (and friends) from one of the season six Dexter threads.

" I've been coming to the Datalounge for ten years and your posts, by far, have been the highlight of my time here. Your wit, openess, and ability to ignore negativity are utterly charming and refreshing. If I could, I'd by you a drink, a bag of Pop Chips, and make you a mix cd. I'd also buy that adorable dog of yours a truckload of dog treats. It's really great having you here."

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, R121

by The detective with the bad wispreply 12807/09/2013

And where's Sexter now? The insanity of posters in this thread makes Dexter Morgan look normal. Yikes. Why should I give more clues about the rest of the episodes? So I can have more of this? No thanks. And, to the psycho poster with constantly changing IPs? Just STOP! You got rid of me. You "won," even tho you've really lost.

Please keep posting to Sexter, though, since you're so sure he will come back. Good luck.

See ya in the lake!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 12907/09/2013

More Sexter love:

"I'll be back too. This thread was great especially with Sexter and C.S joining in. I hope they're back too."

and

"Sexter, I am really glad you're character didn't die this season. When you were posting pics from the set and spoilers I was worried... doing stuff like that can be frowned upon. Anyway, thanks for making this thread awesome!"

and

"This last month, posting here and reading what people are saying as well as visits from Sexter and CS have made it so much more fun to watch this season."

and

"I'd also like to thank SEXTER and CS for saving the season. Your clues and pictures got me enthralled again."

There are more, but this proves Debster is full of shit.

Sexter left on a high note, he didn't leave because he was pissed or because any one was biting his feeding hand.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 13007/09/2013

[quote]Sexter, who I know and who is a great guy,

[quote]And where's Sexter now?

First you say you know him, and now you ask where he is. Really? LOL.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 13107/09/2013

[quote]And, to the psycho poster with constantly changing IPs? Just STOP!

This is a hoot. You can't possibly believe that there are that many of us who think you're a dick? Wow, you're delusional.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 13207/09/2013

And where's Sexter now, R130? It is what it is.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 13307/09/2013

Um, R133 - you said at your post at R121 that you KNOW him. So .. go take your meds.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 13407/09/2013

Why do I get the impression "Debster" is some lonely, middle aged woman, obsessed with the show and attempting to play insider for the crumbs of attention it's getting her?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 13607/09/2013

You're not giving clues about the next episodes, though. It's clear you haven't even seen them. The opening scene from this past episode, which you had described as the series best ever, was a dull scene full of redundant exposition. Now you're claiming we need the context of future scenes, but no amount of context is going to make anyone say "Wow! That scene where Dexter and that lady are standing there talking was the best thing I've ever seen in Dexter!"

Plus, your clues amount to "this episode will be really good!" How is that a clue?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 13707/09/2013

R136, because she's channeling the character of DEB!

Just like Sexter was channeling Masuka!

It's performance art!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 13807/09/2013

[quote]Am I the only who thinks that Vogel IS the killer? I'm just sort of assuming that's what's going on.

Given the series' track record, it's not a bad bet that the season's guest star is the big bad.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 13907/09/2013

Sexter here. I wasn't going to post, but this thread got out of control. Yes, I still read the threads here now and again.

I will give you a few small things, for fun.

Quinn passes the Sergeant’s exam.

Things with Matsuka will get interesting by the end of the series - You will find out why he is the way he is. Yes, creepy.

Quinn still hooked on Deb

Vogel will start seeing Deb as a patient. (scary shit)

Quinn gets in a fight to defend Deb

Jamie will also show another side of herself.

-- I don't work on the show anymore, it was only for season 6, in the art department. But, I do still have friends there :)

So, Debster, you know me? If you do, as you state, you will be able to tell me what tattoo I have on the inside of my wrist. Everyone on the set knows about it. There was a running joke about it as well. So if you know me, especially well enough to say I'm a good guy and and telling everyone here why I left (that reason is BS) - then you know what my tattoo is. Go ahead, tell me! Wait, you can't!

I am 99.999999% sure this guy doesn't know me.

PS: Thanks for all of the love even a couple years later :)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 14007/09/2013

Sexter!!!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 14107/09/2013

[quote]Vogel will start seeing Deb as a patient. (scary shit)

If she does that (assuming Deb does not know of her relationship with Harry and Dexter because Deb won't talk to Dexter), she is evil.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 14207/09/2013

[quote]And where's Sexter now?

LOL, @ R140, bitch!!

Hi Sexter!

Now I'm looking forward to more about creepy Matsuka!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 14307/09/2013

Well, I happen to have Marshall McLuhan right here.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 14407/09/2013

Sexter/R140, don't go dark on us man.. Pump your friends for a few spoilers if you don't mind.

Oh, are you single and do you like guys? ;-)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 14507/09/2013

I meant to say "LOL, he's at R140, bitch!!"

by The detective with the bad wispreply 14607/09/2013

I forgot, Harry is Deb's father, right? Who's Deb's mom?

Dexter is only adopted right, no relation to Harry or Deb?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 14707/09/2013

I think Sexter gave us just enough and I'm grateful he posted! Thank you Sexter!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 14807/09/2013

R147: wiki -

Debra was born to Doris (Kathrin Lautner Middleton) and Harry Morgan (James Remar) on December 7, 1979[1]. She later became foster sister to Dexter Morgan. A tough, foul-mouthed tomboy, she craved her father's attention and envied Dexter for the amount of time Harry spent with him, unaware that Harry was training him to be a vigilante [[serial killer]].

At the age of 12, her mother died of cancer. From then on, she decided to become a detective, which was her father's profession. Debra learned to shoot a gun through taking her father's. Dexter found out and told Harry, who punished her. Hurt, Debra told Dexter that she wished that Harry had never brought him home; she was immediately remorseful for saying it, however, and apologized. She was distraught at her father's death and, inspired by his legendary police career, she followed in his footsteps and joined the police and yearned desperately to become a Homicide Detective. She spent three years in patrol and then another two years in vice before being promoted by Captain Tom Matthews (Geoff Pierson) (a friend of her father), becoming a Homicide officer for the Miami-Dade Police Department at the start of the first season.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 14907/09/2013

Doris Morgan is Debra's biological and Dexter's adoptive mom.

She died of cancer when Debra was 16. Doris is seen briefly in a flashback in Season 1, seen in a picture that is replicated by the Ice Truck Killer and another episode urging her husband to contact Dexter's biological father for a blood transfusion,[8] and again in another flashback in Season 2, suggesting that Dexter be tested by a psychologist.

Laura Moser was Dexter's bio Mom:

Laura Moser is Dexter and Brian's biological mother. She was involved in the drug trade and had a habit of painting her fingernails in different colors. She and three others were sawed into pieces in a shipping container as her two sons watched, causing their murderous urges.[3][9][10] In the second season, it is revealed that Laura had an affair with Harry Morgan and was working as a police informant, trying to get evidence against Santos Jimenez's boss. She is not named in the books and no such revelation is made. Laura appears in Season 3 during two of Dexter's visions of Harry. While Dexter is tracking a victim on a cruise, she sits with Harry as if they were vacationing together, much to Dexter's discomfort. In the season finale, she appeared, again with Harry, at Dexter's wedding appearing to be happy for her son. Her mugshot was also briefly seen on Debra's desk as she investigated her father's infidelity. When Debra's investigation of another informant (coincidentally the file before Laura's) leads her to discover her father having multiple affairs with informants, she angrily gives up on her search; Dexter takes this opportunity to shred Laura's file and her photo, but is unable to go through with the photo ("I can't let her be cut up again") and keeps the upper half in his desk. Despite Dexter's efforts, Debra and a former informant locate Laura's house, which ultimately links Dexter to Laura, and to Brian.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 15007/09/2013

Oh, Sexter is back! I'm sorry, I know CS, not you, Sexter - I thought CS was Sexter, but I didn't really follow previous threads here too closely so I guess you are not the same person. CS and the actress who plays his daughter are excellent this year, though, aren't they? I hope CS posts again here this season, too. What a guy.

I think the second episode and fourth episode are the strongest, but I was really blown away by how this season is plotted and structured, at least the first half that I've seen so far. The last scene in the fourth episode with Deb and Dexter is incredible - both the car scene and what happens at the lake.

So, now that Sexter came back you won't have to worry about me, cunts! Shame on me for wanting to give some details and hints on the new season/episodes, anyway, right... even if I did prompt Sexter's return. No credit for that? Bet not. It's been a real... ride.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 15107/09/2013

[quote] I'm sorry, I know CS, not you, Sexter - I thought CS was Sexter.

Suuuuuuuure you did!!!

Oh my god.you are so full of shit. CS wasn't "run off" either. And if you actually knew him, you would have known he wasn't Sexter. Wow, you are a nut job.

My guess is if you are right about the lake thing, it's from a rumor you read somewhere.

And of course, you'll keep coming back, even though you have told us countless times that you were leaving.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 15207/09/2013

Wow, R152. What's your damage? Obviously I've seen the new season and I love the show. I casually know CS, but we've never discussed DL. I have never met Sexter as far as I know. Any more specific questions you'd like to ask? WTF?

Again, I ask, what's your damage? Who are YOU? What can YOU contribute? Who do YOU know?

I want to leave, but it's too much fun toying with cunts like you. At least Sexter, who is awesome (and I wish I knew him), is now back.

So, perhaps can I interest you in buying some exercise equipment? Oh, pardon me, I have a few brains cooling in the fridge... (*hint hint*)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 15307/09/2013

[quote]Just STOP! You got rid of me.

[quote]Debster, signing off

[quote]I am now leaving.

[quote]Debster, done.

[quote]you won't have to worry about me, cunts!

[quote]Debster, over and out

LOL.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 15407/09/2013

As someone up thread said, at this point, I don't care if you have real spoilers. Maybe you do. Maybe you are 100% right. But you are also a dick, so it takes the fun out of it.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 15507/09/2013

Debster, I felt bad for you for about a second but you're the one consistently being hostile and defensive. You seem mentally unbalanced. Perhaps you should see someone about that?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 15607/09/2013

[quote]CS and the actress who plays his daughter are excellent this year, though, aren't they?

Masuka has a daughter???

by The detective with the bad wispreply 15707/09/2013

R157, yes, a college aged daughter. We've been hearing that rumor since last year

by The detective with the bad wispreply 15807/09/2013

It's his daughter AND his sister! His mother used to keep him locked in a box as a sex slave/gimp and that's why he's so creepy and sex obsessed now.

See, anyone can make up spoilers.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 15907/09/2013

PS: The show is still shooting. It should be wrapped by tomorrow or Thursday.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 16007/09/2013

[quote][R157], yes, a college aged daughter. We've been hearing that rumor since last year

Rumor? But apparently we've seen her, according to R151.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 16107/09/2013

More Sexter!

Please.. :)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 16207/09/2013

Also:

Yes, Masuka has a daughter

Vogel has Dexter track down one of the killers on her "list"

Vogel gets abducted, D&D try to save her

Dexter starts teaching someone else the code - a willing young psycopath.

Deb wants to confess to killing LaGuerta!

Hannah is back! Dexter tries to get her the hell out of the country.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 16307/09/2013

Well shit, that was fast. Thanks!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 16407/09/2013

[quote]Jamie will also show another side of herself.

Shit, is she Masuka's daughter??

by The detective with the bad wispreply 16507/09/2013

Deb gives CPR to Dexter after a car accident. HAWT.. haha

by The detective with the bad wispreply 16607/09/2013

[quote]Rumor? But apparently we've seen her, according to [R151].

No, but if you click the link you will!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 16707/09/2013

It's all good in the woods!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 16807/09/2013

Thanks, Sexter!

So Masuka's daughter's name is Niki, huh? Cool!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 16907/09/2013

Well they picked a great actress. She was terrific on FNL.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 17007/09/2013

Yay, Sexter! Thanks for popping by. The season you and CS were posting (Colin Hanks/Geller, I think) may not have been the best but it was certainly the most fun thanks to you guys. You know how to drop just enough to tease but not totally spoil it all. Nice to cyber see you again for however long.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 17107/09/2013

Datalounge is alive again! Nice to see you again, Sexter. Thanks for your posts.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 17207/09/2013

It's fun to be back!!

SPOILER photo at link: ;

; ;

; ;

; ;

Dexter transporting a body to his boat - see the hospital stretcher above the stairs, and the body he is carrying is wrapped in a white sheet (as opposed to being in a trash bag).. What could this mean?? :)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 17307/10/2013

Ooops, here's the photo.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 17407/10/2013

One more at link, where he is next to the stretcher.

It's funny how the "sky" looks so fake and awful. Ah, the magic of television.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 17507/10/2013

RIP Deb

by The detective with the bad wispreply 17607/10/2013

R176, really? Damn. I mean It is kind of weird that he has a stretcher on the dock. How would he get a big hospital stretcher on the dock though?

I am looking forward to seeing what role Julian Sands plays. And happy that hottie Kenny Johnson (The Shield and SOA) is also going to be on.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 17707/10/2013

Hmmm. Could be r176. It's obviously a smaller woman's body. But it's hard to believe they'd kill off Deb unless that's one of the last eps of the series. Could also be Jamie or Matsuka's new daughter.

Same thought r177. I spend a fair amount of time around boats and can't help laughing at the idea of someone wheeling a hospital gurney down the docks and loading it on a boat unnoticed regardless of the hour. But it's TV. Willing suspension of disbelief and all.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 17807/10/2013

If I ever found out someone on my crew posted spoilers anywhere online, I would fire them and spread the word to all UPMs / Line Producers. And I am not alone.

I think it's very, very strange that Sexter would make it so easy for anyone on the production to identify him, unless he has gotten out of the business, or doesn't rely on production work to make a living.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 17907/10/2013

He already said he doesn't work on the show anymore.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 18007/10/2013

Welcome back Sexter! We've missed you.

I wouldn't worry R179 about Sexter telling us things he's not meant to. I get the feeling he probably has permission considering at least one of the actors from the show knew he posted here while he worked on Dexter, plus his spoilers are often teases rather than out right spoilers, such as the photos above.

I don't think it's Deb under the sheet btw. I doubt they'll bump her off. Vogel or Jamie maybe?

I'm really excited too that Masuka might have a good story line this year. He's been consistently good as the weird, funny comic relief, he deserves to go out with a bang. I'm hoping Quinn gets a good final season too. Desmond Harrington has done a great job of playing the conflicted cop who wants to be good but cant help putting his hand in the cookie jar and his dick in the stripper. Can't wait to watch it all play out.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 18107/10/2013

[quote]plus his spoilers are often teases

Exactly. Even the photos are a tease. We have no idea who is in the sheet! A spoiler would be him telling us who it is, or giving away the finale, who lives and dies, etc. I appreciate that he doesn't spoil it and give away too much.

I love Sexter and I enjoy how nice he is compared to the asshole here the other day who was posting. That guy "Debster" obviously posts spoilers for his ego, so he can come back and say, "See!! I told you so! I was right, cunts!!" Where Sexter is just fun and cool and drops hints and teasers so we can enjoy them. Had Debster been as cool as Sexter, I would have enjoyed his posts as well. Alas, he's a dick.

Deb gives Dexter CPR, as in mouth to mouth? I have a feeling if this is true it will lead to them making out. Yipes. Then again, the show is supposed to be dark and disturbing, so in that context, it really doesn't bother me. as a matter of fact, it adds to the twisted-ness of the show. I know I am probably in the minority in this line of thinking.

I am also curious about what Sexter said about Jamie.

I think this may be the best season yet.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 18207/10/2013

Plus, Debster's spoilers are wrong.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 18307/10/2013

I've always heard that the PR departments deliberately allow certain things to "leak" in order to stir up some conversation and create buzz for their shows. I don't think anyone is doing anything wrong here.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 18407/10/2013

Debster had no spoilers. He had obviously seen only a couple of episodes ahead and kept insisting they were brilliant. And he kept pushing how Jennifer Carpenter deserved an Emmy or her own tv show. Clearly someone in PR or her agent.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 18507/10/2013

Debater obviously saw NO episodes ahead. She kept claiming the last episodes opening was going to be the best scene of the entire series. What we got was a filler scene with Dexter and Vogel recapping things we already know.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 18607/10/2013

"It's like you're Michelangelo trying to play the banjo."

by The detective with the bad wispreply 18707/10/2013

Mmm.... Interesting line sexter.

Is that a line said to Dexter by Vogel? Implying that he's a brilliant serial killer but not very good at being a regular person?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 18807/10/2013

[quote]Debster had no spoilers.

Actually he was right about a few things. Certainly he saw a few eps. But I agree, his attitude was terrible. However D&D don't drown in the lake. Was it a murder/suicide attempt? Or did D just want D to die? You decide! :)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 18907/11/2013

[quote]Actually he was right about a few things.

Name one thing.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 19007/11/2013

That was me, Sexter at R189!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 19107/11/2013

[quote]Name one thing.

I did at R189 - the lake/drowning business. (his posts at R151). However I don't agree with him about the first scene in Ep 2 being the best of the season. Not even close.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 19207/11/2013

Okay, interesting. Thanks.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 19307/11/2013

Something else to look forward to this season- this great looking guy:

by The detective with the bad wispreply 19407/11/2013

@ R194 - Is that going to be Dex's new protege? He has gay look to me.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 19607/11/2013

[quote]He has gay look to me.

"gay look" - huh? Just looks like a handsome man to me.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 19707/11/2013

What can I say, I have finely-tuned gaydar. Who is the actor, btw?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 19807/11/2013

And this guy -

by The detective with the bad wispreply 19907/11/2013

And this guy too

by The detective with the bad wispreply 20007/11/2013

The guy at R199 looks like a creepy fuck, and the guy at R200 looks retarded.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 20107/11/2013

I like the guy at R200

by The detective with the bad wispreply 20207/11/2013

Can someone remind me what happened to Hannah? Is she still in jail? On trial? Escaped? Let loose?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 20307/12/2013

*Dexter handcuffs Deb ;)

*Deb takes the wheel (uh oh for Dexter)

*Deb tells Joey ..

Not necessarily in that order.

eps 3 and 4 are amazing, btw.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 20407/12/2013

Forgot a fun one -

*Jamie plays matchmaker for Dexter.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 20507/12/2013

Do you think one of the surprises this season is that Dexter didn't actually have to become a serial killer? I mean, all the way through the show Dexter's actions were sort of justified by the fact that he witnessed his mother's brutal murder and he has always seemed to believe that he ultimately had no control over how he turned out. Now Doctor Vogel is on the scene, I wonder if it will turn out that Dexter would have had the chance to be "normal" if he had had better/appropriate therapy.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 20607/12/2013

[quote]Do you think one of the surprises this season is that Dexter didn't actually have to become a serial killer?

YES. And I think he will have a hard time forgiving himself, and what he's done to Deb. It was easy for him when he didn't think he had a choice, but if he finds out he did have a choice all along, it's not good.

And, this will make him hate hate hate Vogel, obviously.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 20707/12/2013

Thanks again Sexter!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 20807/12/2013

[quote]YES. And I think he will have a hard time forgiving himself, and what he's done to Deb. It was easy for him when he didn't think he had a choice, but if he finds out he did have a choice all along, it's not good. And, this will make him hate hate hate Vogel, obviously.

It would certainly be poetic justice if Vogel, the one who created him, was Dexter's very last kill, wouldn't it? I could see it being very cathartic and satisfying. Maybe then he'll be able to pass the torch (or knife kit) to his new psychopath in training and retire the loden green kill shirt once and for all.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 20907/12/2013

[quote]It would certainly be poetic justice if Vogel, the one who created him, was Dexter's very last kill, wouldn't it?

Absolutely! And how cool if while she is on his kill table, he surrounds her with photos of everyone HE killed .. because it's all her fault.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 21007/12/2013

It's so much like Frankenstein (the book) IMO. A monster is created and released into the world, then he realizes he he's a created monster and seeks revenge on his creator.

Also, I think there is a connection between Vogel and Hannah. Vogel had orchids in her home. Hanmah may be the 'Bride of Frankenstein'?? I know, it's a stretch ...

by The detective with the bad wispreply 21107/13/2013

Is the cute one the baby psycho-killer? He could be the new Ted Bundy. He could lure just about any woman or straight man with that face and the right act. Simultaneously innocent and hot. Don't teach him the code. Let him run free and wild.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 21207/13/2013

The Frankenstein angle would be interesting but it doesn't ring true. Being a serial killer doesn't seem like something you could switch on and off via manipulation.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 21307/13/2013

Dexter is on y'all.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 21407/14/2013

Loved it!!!'

Anyone else?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 21507/14/2013

Boring. Nothing happened.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 21607/14/2013

You don't count R216 because you don't even like the show.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 21707/14/2013

I'm not going to be able to see it for another 5 hours, I'm not in the States. I shouldn't be lurking on here, I might find something out before I watch the show but i cant help it. Curiosity will kill this cat.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 21807/14/2013

[quote]Boring. Nothing happened.

Um.. Yeah, the scene between her and Quinn was nothing.. You're an idiot.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 21907/15/2013

Well, it amounted to nothing because he didn't believe her.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 22007/15/2013

I think Jennifer Carpenter is killing it this season. I've always liked her as Deb. Not sure why so many hate her.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 22107/15/2013

[quote]Um.. Yeah, the scene between her and Quinn was nothing.. You're an idiot.

You're right. It was something. It was stupid. And boring. False suspense that amounts to nothing. She makes her shocking confession but it's all okay because he doesn't believe her. LOL What a tired soap opera cliche!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 22207/15/2013

[quote]It was stupid. And boring.

[quote]Boring.

[quote]LOL

How old are you guys, 12? This is how children describe things.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 22307/15/2013

You're silly, r223

by The detective with the bad wispreply 22407/15/2013

What-ever.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 22507/15/2013

R224 / R225 prove R223's point.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 22607/15/2013

Vogel's problem is that she can't admit that Dexter isn't a psychopath without admitting that she made a huge mistake and ruined the life of a child. I doubt that her ego will allow her to admit that even to herself - at least not until the evidence becomes overwhelming. She'll look for any excuse to try to reconcile her flawed diagnosis with Dexter's obvious feelings about Debra, including trying to explain them away as something less than genuine.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 22707/15/2013

R226 has cooties.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 22807/15/2013

[quote]Is that a line said to Dexter by Vogel?

Bingo!

Looks like several of you did not like last night's episode. I enjoyed it.

PS: Funeral for episode 11. Can you guess whose funeral it is?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 22907/15/2013

Vogel's I hope.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 23007/15/2013

I'm not sure how not being labelled a psychopath would have changed Dexter's life. He emerged from isolation and formed genuine attachments to people even with the label. The label didn't turn him into a compulsive killer.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 23107/15/2013

[quote]I don't know what to think about her, I'm just not looking forward to Hannah's return.

Me either. Do you think she and Dexter will get back together? It was pretty clear in that prison scene that he was still in love with her even after she tried to poison Deb. Which is odd, because he killed the ITK for going after Deb. Then again, he's so over the top obsessed with Hannah - who knows.

Dexter destroyed Deb by being with Hannah, and he doesn't care. He says how much Deb means to him, but he continually ignored her in favor of Hannah last season.

It would be kind of disgusting to me if they get together.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 23207/15/2013

Wow, Rampling was a babe! I think she has aged beautifully too. An attractive woman without any plastic surgery. Good for her.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 23307/15/2013

More photos and article about Rampling at link. Love her!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 23407/15/2013

I'll play, Sexter. I think Batista's sister gets killed off. Something in the preview led me to believe that. Can't remember what exactly.

I liked this week's episode. Jennifer Carpenter has been phenomenal. I hope her talent is recognized and she gets parts on the big screen. She's Oscar worthy.

Quinn has also done a great job earning the audience's sympathy with his compassion. Quinn's personality has always repelled me, but the actor does a fine job making him likable. Hard to pull off.

Vogel is distracting. She's a combination of a Southpark character and Frauline Maria. The audience is protective of Dexter and Deb so I doubt Vogel is well received.

Damn, I'm going to miss this show.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 23507/16/2013

I liked last nights episode. I agree with R235 about Quinn, his concern for Deb is really endearing. In fact he's so likeable this season I'll be upset if it's his funeral in episode 11.

Unlike other people i thought a lot happened in that last episode. We saw Vogel scared and alone, if she's behind the brain surgeon murders why was she so frightened? Dex kept insisting that Deb is a good person but Deb is treating a lot of people like crap. She takes advantage of Quinn's love for her, she's awful to Dex but allows him to tamper with evidence for her, she's rude to her boss (who is giving her suspicious "health drinks" btw) and although guilt ridden by her murder of La Guerta, she feels no guilt at all about murdering El Sapo in cold blood. In fact she's so unpredictable Dexter hancuffs her to the couch because he doesn't know what she'll do to Vogal when she wakes up. I thought it was an interesting role reversal- Deb as the bad guy and Dex as the caring sibling who can't see how far Deb has drifted from the "good person" she used to be.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 23607/16/2013

Hi SEXTER! Any other scoop in the actors on Dexter? How's Quinn? Is he on drugs? Does he eat ever? What's Dexter like in real life?

give us some tidbits, what snacks or food do they like?

Thanks for all your input!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 23707/17/2013

I hope there is a movie!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 23807/17/2013

Charlotte Rampling was sexy as hell in GEORGY GIRL, THE DAMNED and THE NIGHT PORTER.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 23907/17/2013

So far, this is a great seasaon.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 24007/18/2013

Agreed R240. If anyone really wants to see a once entertaining show crashing and burning, turn to HBO and catch TRUE BLOOD.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 24107/18/2013

I think True Blood has turned into a sick joke.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 24207/18/2013

Who's funeral? Right now I would have to guess, Deb's.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 24307/18/2013

I just read an article on eonline that there are talks for Deb to get her own spin off series so I doubt they'll bump her off. That Debster person mentioned a spin off series for Jennifer Carpenter so I guess he was here fishing to see if there was any interest. Either way I think that rules out Deb getting bumped off.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 24407/18/2013

R244, that's called misdirection.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 24507/18/2013

HUGE SPOILER ALERT AND PHOTO BELOW.[bold] If you do not want to be spoiled DO NOT CLICK LINK.[/bold]

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

by The detective with the bad wispreply 24607/18/2013

"To dead dads, long may they haunt us."

by The detective with the bad wispreply 24707/18/2013

R246 - dead or alive though? Maybe he is sneaking her away alive somewhere?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 24807/18/2013

Maybe Vogel wants Dexter to kill Deb and he fakes the scenario to somehow trap Vogel. Maybe Vogel ends up overboard.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 24907/18/2013

Not Vogel, I'm guessing Hannah.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 25007/19/2013

My guess: Hannah is going to poison Deb and she is going to die. Dexter will bring her body out to sea during the storm, letting the Slice of Life sink to the bottom of the ocean while he holds Deb's corpse, and cries for the first time. He promised he'd never let anything happen to her, and he broke that promise. The last VO will be Dexter saying he never believed in an afterlife, but at least he and Deb can be together in death. Under the waves.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 25107/19/2013

I have a question for everyone here. Am I the only one who thinks there could be something hinky about Elway giving Deb those "health drinks"? What do we know about this guy? Maybe there is something in them..

by The detective with the bad wispreply 25207/19/2013

I'm with you R252. They're making way too much of it for it not pay off.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 25307/20/2013

I think so too r252. The only thing we know about Elway is that he's an ex cop (I think)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 25407/20/2013

What do we know about Dexter's biological father? What's his backstory?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 25507/21/2013

Do we know anything r255? Was he a drug dealer? I've sometimes wondered if Dexter was Harry's biological son since Dexter's mother had been Harrys informant for years. I thought it explained why he saved Dexter but not Brian. On the other hand that would make the "Deb loves Dexter" storyline way creepier than it already was.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 25607/21/2013

Agreed R252 the second time he did that the alarm bells started to ring.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 25707/21/2013

Maybe Elway is connected to Hannah somehow.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 25807/21/2013

Elway used to work at Miami Metro in the robbery division. Certainly Deb and Dexter must know him. Would Deb have been his boss when she was lieutenant?

It will be interesting to see how his character plays out.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 25907/21/2013

That's what I was wondering, since she is the master poisoner.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 26007/21/2013

Good point r260

by The detective with the bad wispreply 26107/21/2013

wow! loved tonite's episode! can't wait for next week!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 26207/21/2013

Jennifer Carpenter is fantastic this season. I'm SO gonna miss this show. It really is a cut above the rest in terms of acting....

I stopped watching True Blood after two episodes this season. It just became too ridiculous and contrived.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 26307/22/2013

Well, the end of Episode 4 didn't disappoint.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 26407/22/2013

R251, I can see that. Though I'd be sad if either or both characters met their demise. I guess I'll get my Kleenex ready.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 26507/22/2013

This is shaping up to be the best season since Trinity.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 26607/22/2013

Ok, so now we know the guy Sexter posted at R200 is the brain surgeon. But who is R199? Is that just a really creepy photo of the guy Dexter killed last week?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 26707/22/2013

I knew Deb was going to blame Dex for Harry's suicide after watching that DVD and when she said told Quinn she wanted him to be happy, I knew she was going to do something drastic. But I jumped out of my skin anyway when she grabbed that steering wheel.

I'm also wondering what Batista's sister is up to, she really liked hurting Quinn.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 26807/22/2013

Loved the final scene - total holy fuck moment. This season has been so awesome. It's like an entirely different show all of a sudden, but in a really good way.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 26907/22/2013

Yeah, this season is great & I love Vogel's interiors. The whole Asian thing.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 27007/22/2013

I don't like Dr. Vogel's vaginas painting...its too "in your face"

by The detective with the bad wispreply 27107/22/2013

I expect Batista's sister to be taken by the shoe fetish killer - since he saw Dexter's van, which she is now driving.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 27207/22/2013

[quote]I expect Batista's sister to be taken by the shoe fetish killer - since he saw Dexter's van, which she is now driving.

Great catch!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 27307/22/2013

[quote] the shoe fetish killer

But he's also the brain surgeon they are looking for, right?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 27407/22/2013

I think they want us to think he's the brain surgeon r274 but his MO doesn't fit. He seems to kill women, the victims he has killed haven't been left out in public, he didn't seem to have some elaborate killing method- he just tied the girls up in his basement. I wonder if the brain surgeon is the person who operated on the shoe fetish killer and left that scar.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 27507/23/2013

I think Vogel lied about not knowing anything about Yate's scar. She probably took a peek under the hood to see what was going on in his brain, maybe she even implanted, altered or removed something, who knows. It wouldn't surprise me if the cannibal guy had one, too, going by that very obvious wig he wore. I think her end game is to have all of the subjects of her experiments killed off so as to eliminate any evidence of her twisted games.

It's clear now she doctored up the videos with Harry to show a completely different version of events, one which would support her claims and goals. If nothing else, she has shown us that her approach is far from neutral scientific observation--she is highly biased and actively manipulating her subjects and outcomes.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 27607/23/2013

He likes their feets.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 27707/23/2013

I'm jonesing for some sneak peaks, Sexter. Where are you?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 27807/23/2013

[quote][I'm jonesing for some sneak peaks, Sexter. Where are you?

Here ya go! More later :)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 27907/24/2013

Forgot to sign off on R279!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 28007/24/2013

]quote]Ok, so now we know the guy Sexter posted at [R200] is the brain surgeon.

Hmmm, really? Are you sure about that? ;)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 28107/24/2013

But who is [R199]? Is that just a really creepy photo of the guy Dexter killed last week?

Nope - it's a really creepy photo of this guy (at link). And he may be related to another character on the show. Can you guess who?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 28207/24/2013

Sorry my posts are fucked up. Trying to post from my phone. Trying again:

[quote]Ok, so now we know the guy Sexter posted at [[R200]] is the brain surgeon.

Hmmm, really? Are you sure about that? ;)

[quote]But who is [[R199]]? Is that just a really creepy photo of the guy Dexter killed last week?

Nope - it's a really creepy photo of this guy (at link). And he may be related to another character on the show. Can you guess who?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 28307/24/2013

I'm really over the whole 'Dr Vogle' thing.

It's cheesy and unnecessary

by The detective with the bad wispreply 28407/24/2013

Sexter - If all of these folks I've been seeing linked images too are to be cast members, that seems like a LOT of people and storylines to be added. Is there enough time in the season for all of this or does it run the risk of being overcrowded like so many other programs?

I figured we would be seeing the season focus on Dexter and dead and speeding toward a huge, tragic ending. From the looks of it here, it's as if they're introducing new people as if they're continuing the series.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 28507/24/2013

Hi Sexter, what are the actors like, what do you hear from your friends? Is James Remar cool? I love his voice! What do you hear? Thanks for all the input !

by The detective with the bad wispreply 28607/24/2013

Hey Sexter, Is he related to Jamie's friend from next door? The girl who was flirting with Dexter? Is that two of them in the picture at r283?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 28707/24/2013

[quote]Sexter - If all of these folks I've been seeing linked images too are to be cast members, that seems like a LOT of people and storylines to be added.

It's true, and I have to agree with you. Too many characters being crammed into one season. They really (IMO) should have taken this story arc over 2 seasons so a few of the characters could have been developed a bit more, as opposed to being on for a few episodes and then gone. There are even MORE characters being added. Julian Sands and Kenny Johnson being two of them. Great actors who, I think, deserved way more of a story.

[quote]Hi Sexter, what are the actors like, what do you hear from your friends?

Well, we know CS is cool :). Everyone I had the chance to work with was terrific. Fun set, great crew. Everyone got along. It was a "happy set" as opposed to a few I have seen that were pretty serious and tense.

R286, James Remar - What a great looking man. Damn. Funny little bit of trivia for you: He and CS were both in the movie The Unborn a few years ago. Also, do any of you remember him in the movie Cruising?? I remember seeing him pop up on Sex in the City one night when I was watching and being so exited. (MARY!) Needless to say, I've always been a fan of his, so you can imagine I was pretty excited to meet him.

R287, nope that's not who he is related to, but yes, that's Cassie from next door.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 28807/24/2013

I agree Sexter, James Remar is a good looking older man. He seems lovely too.

Don't suppose you've had a chance to look into Desmond Harrington's blue eyes? I'd be very envious. I've developed a last minute crush on him this season.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 28907/24/2013

Nice to hear about the happy cast. I'm a fan of Remar too - hot daddy!

Speaking of Desmond Harrington, this side by side pic gets trotted out every season, so I think I'll post it this time.

Scary before and after!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 29007/24/2013

Oh and Sexter, please let Miss Desmond know that his is not a good look for her.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 29107/24/2013

Wow at R291.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 29207/25/2013

R291, I don't believe those are the same men. The space between the nose and lips is noticeably different between the two men. The chins and noses are also different.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 29307/25/2013

Yes, it's the same guy. All three photos at R290 and R291 are Desmond Harrington. He's lost too much weight.

That hair at R291 though. Good lawd.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 29407/25/2013

That has to be a wig on him at R291. That "after" pic at R290 looks like he has hair plugs. Maybe he was trying a new wig. He's the wrong age and gender for a haircut like that.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 29507/25/2013

He doesnt have plugs and I doubt he wears a wig. When he first joined the cast (or thereabouts)he had a shaved head and it wasn't receding.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 29607/25/2013

Not a great episode though it's nice to see our friend C.S. get some story,.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 29707/28/2013

I'm confused. Last week Dexter despised Vogel and suddenly this week he's determined to save her and then calls her "family". Is this the end of the Vogel story arc?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 29807/29/2013

I had some video problems, so I'm a little confused about how Dexter found and killed Yates.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 29907/29/2013

Yates has mommy issues. Vogel started acting like his mommy thus distracting him. She snuck a phone call to Dexter while Yates wasn't looking. Dexter was with Deb when he got the call. The two of them listened to Yates/Vogel play patient/shrink while Deb's partner traced the call. Yates found out that Dexter was listening in so by the time Dexter and Deb showed up, the house appeared empty but when they went upstairs, they found Vogel tied up and gagged in the closet. Turns out Yates was hiding under the bed (like he did when his mom was abusive). Dexter sensed this and stuck a pole from the bed through the bed thus stabbing and killing Yates. Deb saw this and looked...troubled, relieved...

Jennifer Carpenter is especially great this season. MCH is always great.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 30007/29/2013

The preview for next week's show looks cool. Dexter as teacher?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 30107/29/2013

This being the last season of Dexter, the lack of suspense is really highlighting the wrong directions this show has gone in.

Deb should have never found out about Dexter just by walking in on him. That really cheated the audience. Deb is a detective. We we were denied all of the potential tension of having Deb investigate Dexter and find out on her own.

This last season should have been a cat and mouse game between Deb and Dex. Not ths overwrought melodrama with too many characters and absolutely no sense of urgency.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 30207/29/2013

I do agree to some extent R302 that there seems no sense of urgency and it does feel like just another season to some degree. I did think it would the season where everyone started closing in on Dexter. Batista has boxes and boxes of La Guerta's stuff in his living room, some of it implicating Dexter. Quinn has been suspicious of Dexter for years. Surely even Jamie would have mentioned, at some point, to her brother and boyfriend that Dexter keeps very weird hours. Hannah, Lumen and Vogel all know he's a serial killer and I wouldn't be surprised if Mathews knows too. That's a lot of people keeping Dexter's secret or at least suspicious of him. You would think this would start to put untold pressure on him and on Deb. I guess I thought the final season would be all about dexter being hunted rather than him being the hunter. Basically by the end of the series I want to know if Dexter gets away with it all.

On the hand we're only 5 episodes in and it may its all leading to something big and exciting. I'm still looking forward to every episode because I just can't predict the direction it will all go in.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 30307/30/2013

I'm a bit surprised there's not more discussion on this thread. Aren't people watching? Dexter has been my favorite show for the past 7 years.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 30407/30/2013

Something major is brewing with Quinn next week based on the previews. Batista promotes the woman to sergeant over Quinn. Then Quinn tells Dexter to get what he can on the son who murdered his wealthy father's mistress/housekeeper (ignoring Matthews order to let it go). There's a scene where Quinn says to Dexter "I know what you're doing" or something like it.... Perhaps Quinn will discover Dexter is the BHB and Deb's involvement. Of course, Quinn his still carrying a torch for Deb so where will his loyalties lie? I hope they don't kill him. His character has grown on me over the last couple of season...

by The detective with the bad wispreply 30507/30/2013

I'm surprised too r304. I love dexter. I thought the final season would generate more buzz and more speculation. Perhaps it's so hard to predict which direction it will go in at the moment people are just confused. I enjoy people's opinions on here though so I hope that keeps up.

I'm a fan of Quinn too r305. He started off as obnoxious and arrogant but he's become funny and so protective of Deb I can't help but like him. I hope they don't kill him off. I would have liked to have seen what he would have done if he had believed Deb's confession. I think that would have been an interesting storyline, so I was disappointed that his character totally dismissed the confession.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 30607/30/2013

If Dexter is discovered by Quinn, then I think Dexter will kill off Quinn by accidental overdose of some kind. Quinn was passed over for the job and he had substance abuse issues in the past.

Quinn is OK, he looks like crap though, when I see him on screen, I always wonder, " what the fuck did you do to yourself?" Is it drugs? Bad plastic surgery? eating disorder?

I'm sad this is the last season, I hope a movie is in the works or some kind of spin off.

Oh, Deb's boss totally likes her.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 30707/30/2013

They would not have cast a known actor as Deb's boss if his role were not going to get much bigger.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 30807/30/2013

R302 is right.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 30907/30/2013

There does seem to be a hint of a spin off R307 or else why do much character development of minor characters. I like that Masuka finally has a meatier story line but why now in the last season? Why introduce the Detective Miller character at all? What's the point of Elway and his energy drinks?

I don't think Quinn works out what Dexter is up to next week. I think they're just making us think that. I don't think Desmond Harrington has had surgery by the way, I think he's just too thin. He needs to eat a freaking steak. The tan doesn't help but apparently that's part of his character and in between seasons he let's it totally fade which makes him look way less emaciated.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 31007/30/2013

I think there is a spin off! The showrunner and producer signed a 2yr deal with showtime. I read this in either the NY post or NY Daily News (can't remember) Not sure what the project is but take a wild guess.

what is a showrunner?

I think James Remar is totally HOT! I saw The Warriors recently on cable and he was wild in it! Heard he is hung, he appeared nude on stage, i believed he played a gay character opposite Richard Gere.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 31107/31/2013

I hope for the last episode, Dexter escapes!

The spin off will be of debs raising Dexter's kid and perhaps Quinn will still be in the picture. It will center on Debs.

I hope Dexter Lives!!! Let him escape please!!!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 31207/31/2013

Terrible idea to have a spin-off. It seems like Americans are incapable of having anything end; we always want more, rather than the perfectly-crafted conclusion (which is what writers want, but they also want work, so that's a conflict).

We drag things out too long. I'm guilty of wanting more of something I like, too, but I recognize that the more diluted it gets, the worse it gets.

"Major Crimes" from "The Closer" works, but I can't think of any characters I'd be willing to watch. Dexter is the reason I tune in (not MCH, although he's great). I wonder what the author of "Darkly Dreaming" thinks... or does he just love how rich the series made him?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 31307/31/2013

Don't blame "Americans" - it's just commerce. It's cheaper and quicker for television to do a spin-off, sell it, and get it on the air then to sell something new. And they figure the audience is already invested so the audience will watch. This isn't about our taste as a culture, it's about money and the industry having no artistic standards.

There must be more money in it here than in television productions in other countries, because they let their shows end. Here we bleed every penny, so there must be a lot of money involved.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 31407/31/2013

[quote]I think James Remar is totally HOT! I saw The Warriors recently on cable and he was wild in it! Heard he is hung, he appeared nude on stage, i believed he played a gay character opposite Richard Gere

The play was BENT and yes he had a full frontal scene. I remember it well.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 31507/31/2013

If they want to try a spin off theyre welcome yo give it a shot, but I don't want them to do it at the expense of the final season. I want to watch Dexter not a final season getting to know characters they introduced at the eleventh hour-like last weeks episode which was "Detective Miller wants a promotion". I want to know if Dexter gets away with it and I want it to be suspenseful so I need less "let's get to know Jamie" and more "they're closing in on Dexter so whats he going to do!"

by The detective with the bad wispreply 31607/31/2013

Kenny is so fucking sexy. A bit of chest here.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 31708/01/2013

Kenny is very sexy. Should I know who is? Either way, can you press yourself up against him for me Sexter?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 31808/01/2013

Why'd I marry that dyke who plays my sister?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 31908/01/2013

This show isn't very good, but it's the last season, so why not come back? I've mostly avoided the thread, because I didn't know if there would be more spoilers as the season went on and I was worried about stumbling onto something major.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 32008/01/2013

Thanks, Sexter, I loves me some Kenny!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 32108/01/2013

LOL @ 318.

I'm glad Kenny J will be on. I'm just bummed that it's almost mid season and he hasn't even showed up yet. I totally agree with what's been posted up-thread, it just seems like they are throwing way too many people and plots into the mix at the last minute.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 32208/01/2013

I'm cracking up because it looks like Kenny's character is wearing his wardrobe from The Shield there. Even the acid washed jeans! Still, IFHH.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 32308/01/2013

R302 is dead on.

Which is weird because they announced that season 8 would be the last way back during season 6(the worst), presumably so the writers could spend the next two seasons working toward the end. So why the lack of buildup? Where's the tension? The mounting stakes? The suspense?

The show could still have a satisfying ending but it would have been awesome if they'd given us a thrilling ride in the way there.

Instead it's like we're just settling for "Well at least it's better than that stupid season with Tom Hanks' son".

by The detective with the bad wispreply 32408/01/2013

We don't get The Shield where I live which is why I've never had the good fortune to know who Kenny is until now. Thanks for introducing us Sexter. I wonder if he'll be playing a goodie or a baddie.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 32508/01/2013

Hi R325, where are you posting from? No Netflix or DVD's? The Shield is a great show, highly recommended if you can get it. Kenny had a short stint on Sons of Anarchy as well. He looks much better on film than in photos for some reason. I think a lot of his sexiness is his on screen charisma.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 32608/01/2013

We have Netflix and DVD R322, but not everything that makes it to TV in the states necessarily gets buzz or has appeal overseas. So if we haven't heard of it or doesn't appeal to a non American audience we're not going to check it out. I know Sons of Anarchy, irs very popular here, but I've never watched it. However if you recommend The Sheild i might give it a go. I trust your taste since you're a Dexter fan.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 32708/01/2013

Who here on DL likes peanut butter and Nutella fries?

The bitch is back!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 32808/01/2013

I wouldn't mind a spin off. I like most of the characters.

Debs is very skinny in real life, I've seen her a few times in NYC.

R315, wow how lucky! care to enlightened us regarding his package?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 32908/01/2013

I dont know what peanut butter and Nutella fries are Sexter, but just reading that made me put on 8 pounds!! Is the bitch Hannah?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 33008/01/2013

Astor?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 33108/01/2013

Lol r329, Deb is very skinny on Dexter!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 33208/02/2013

Glad Hannah's back!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 33308/04/2013

Hey, i couldn't watch the show tonite due to the cable dispute. can someone tell me what happened please?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 33408/04/2013

Hi r334. Heres a quick run down:-

Dexter is considering teaching that creepy Zach kid, who killed his dad's mistress, the basics on how to be a top serial killer.

Deb may or may not be into her weird boss. He's certainly has the hots for her. Ugh.

Quinn didn't get his promotion and he panicked that Jamie would dump him. She didn't. Perhaps she hung in there because Quinn was looking a touch less emaciated and tanned this week.

Hannah is back and in the final scene where Dexter and Deb are hanging out, trying their best to be normal siblings having a normal conversation, they end up passing out. Just as they both collapse Dexter sees Hannah walk into the room.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 33608/05/2013

Yeah, it pretty much seemed a so-so episode until the very end.

Bored with Jamie..Dexter having to bite his tongue in the car with Quinn was mildly amusing..Dexter, snatching young Zach JUST before his father turned around was good...and then, WHAMMO! Hannah poisons them!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 33708/05/2013

I cannot stand Hannah, the character or the actress.

I wish the last season of 'Dexter" could be spectacular, it doesn't appear to be going in that direction.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 33808/05/2013

Could Lumen reappear?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 33908/05/2013

dull

by The detective with the bad wispreply 34008/05/2013

I hope not R339, I'm done with Lumen.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 34108/05/2013

I loved Lumen with Dexter.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 34208/05/2013

I like the actress who plays Hannah....she kind of reminds me of Naomi Watts. I prefer Hannah over Lumen. That season was weak, in my opinion and I never thought much of Julia Stiles as an actress.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 34308/05/2013

The finale: I'll say it's very dark. There is little to no comedic relief like we are used to. It seems to share a tone with the first season. The end is incredible.

When the dust has settled it will be amazing to go back and watch everything ultimately knowing what it leads to. They've even been dropping us little hints along the way. When you re-watch this season after knowing how it turns out, you'll smack yourself in the face and wonder how you missed that little cues here, and that piece of foreshadowing there. Also to the people losing steam, it revs up episode nine - the end is really set in motion beginning with episode nine.

xoxo

by The detective with the bad wispreply 34408/05/2013

R344, wow! thanks for the info sexter!! Do your friends know anything about the spin off? I can't wait for it!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 34508/05/2013

Holy shit - the ending will be iconic, and set the bar for series finales across the map.

For example, I love Breaking Bad. I think it is far and away a better show than Dexter ever was, but I can't possibly imagine Breaking Bad's ending being able to top Dexter's. It is pants shittingly awesome.

R345, no word that I know of about a spin off.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 34608/05/2013

Cool, thanks sexter! sounds like they will off themselves together! a house will blow up with debs and dexter and maybe a few others in it! I dunno, just a wild guess!

Thanks for all your input sexter!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 34708/05/2013

Dexter is not in the same league as Breaking Bad, one of the greatest shows to ever air.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 34808/05/2013

I think Dexter is being set up to train his own killer.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 34908/05/2013

R348, I don't think Sexter was implying that Dexter was a better show. He even stated that Breaking Bad is [italic]"far and away a better show than Dexter ever was,"[/italic]

So what's your point?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 35008/06/2013

I wonder if the guy who coined the nickname "Sexter" still posts here?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 35108/06/2013

THANKS SEXTER!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 35208/06/2013

Thanks, Sexter! I'm glad you're hanging on to the end with the rest of us. You're the life of the party!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 35308/06/2013

How many episodes in this season?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 35408/06/2013

I'm going to be looking for clues everywhere now Sexter. Thanks for the inside info, that's exciting. Anyone have any predictions on how they think this will pan out? I love a bit of theory and speculation.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 35508/06/2013

I agree, I think Dexter wants to die, and he will ask the kid to kill him.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 35608/06/2013

The actor who plays Zach showed his dick onstage a few years back in Equus with Alec Baldwin.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 35708/06/2013

[quote]Dexter is not in the same league as Breaking Bad, one of the greatest shows to ever air.

AMEN!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 35808/06/2013

R357 your post is useless without photos.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 35908/06/2013

I agree, R356.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 36008/06/2013

Dexter doesn't want to die. He's too concerned about Harrison.

Deb will adopt Harry's code and start killing serial killers, with Dexter being one of them. And probably Hanna too.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 36108/06/2013

I don't think Dexter will die, he has Harrison.

If he dies then the spin off (if any) will be of Debs and Harrison etc.

I think Hannah will kill Dexter and he will be credited as trying to apprehend her assuming she escaped from jail but gets killed in the process.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 36208/06/2013

R362 that does not mke sense.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 36308/06/2013

So do you think Dexter will die or not R362?

I don't think Dexter will die. He'll take off to Argentina with Hannah and Harrison, thinking he got away with it, but we'll find out in the closing sequence that someone(Batista maybe) has worked it all out and is after him.

If there is a spin off with Deb, Harrison won't be in it. They've never really known how to squeeze that kid onto the storyline, they writers are hardly going to keep him around just to continue making their lives difficult.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 36408/06/2013

Thinking of the clues left for us along the way this season, something early on stuck in my head. I believe it was in episode 3 -- Masuka says "Ahhh, suicide. Makes our lives so much easier."

In a 2012 Interview with MCH, he said "I imagine it ending like a Shakespearean tragedy, pretty high body count."

From "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Shakespeare's Plays" -- Romeo and Juliet - "Unlike the later tragedies, the story is not tragic in a classic sense - as a result of an individual's flawed nature or behavior - but because of circumstances beyond the couple's control."

Perhaps Deb (Juliet) poisons herself to appear "dead" and frame Hannah. Dexter (Romeo), thinking Deb is dead goes on a killing spree, starting with Hannah. Deb wakes up, Dexter realizes he was duped and M99's Deb. After carrying her on to the boat, he heads out to sea where they both jump in the water wherein "A pair of star crossed lovers take their life."

Yes, I'm really overthinking this.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 36508/07/2013

I like the comparison to Shakespeare R365, however Dexter is a pretty dark show, darker than Romeo and Juliet. It leans towards Macbeth don't you think? With Deb unable to wash the metaphorical blood from her hands because shes racked with guilt. And Dexter driven to kill more more and more people, at times to keep suspicion at bay. Perhaps Vogel is Lady MacBeth spurring Dexter on.

Perhaps we both have too much time on our hands.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 36608/07/2013

Something about Sexter is not ringing true this season.

Not sure what it is, but if you go back and read the old threads from last year, and then the Sexter of this season, doesn't seem like the same person.

Are we being played?

(forgive me real 'Sexter')

by The detective with the bad wispreply 36708/07/2013

R367, I get what you mean, he's just not as chatty this season. Maybe he's busy on another gig. Still, I think it's the same guy. After looking though his posts just now, it feels like it - to me, anyhow.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 36808/07/2013

Based on his linked photos and friendly demeanor, Sexter seems authentic to me.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 36908/10/2013

If that's true--If you don't know who I am, maybe your best course would be to tread lightly.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 37008/12/2013

Where is everyone? Any thoughts on the episode last night? IMO, Slow season so far, too many new characters and subplots. Wish they had focused this season more on Dexter being found out. Oh well.

A few spoilers:

Zach didn't kill Cassie. Someone related to Vogel did it.

The brain surgeon is still on the loose!

Why would Dexter quit Miami Metro?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 37108/12/2013

Is Deb's boss the one who's in cahoots with Vogel? There's some kind of psychological experiment going on involving Dexter and Deb.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 37208/12/2013

PS: The Breaking Bad premiere was fucking great. Far and away better than Dexter. THAT'S how you do a show. Sorry Dex!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 37308/12/2013

Not happy with this season so far. It seems so disjointed. You would think for the final season, it would be much better.

Now I am wondering who is related to Vogel.

I sure hope this season gets better. The thing with Niki and Masuka was creepy as fuck.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 37408/12/2013

I wonder if they are setting up a spin-off and that is interfering with the pacing of the season. That would be a shame.

Perhaps they just wanted to give CSL some actual plot to work with after seasons of comic relief, but Masuka's daughter and Deb's boss are odd characters to introduce so late in the game.

I predict that Deb will stay with her new job, entice Masuka (and maybe Quinn) to join them, and there will be a spin-off focusing on the firm's detective work.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 37508/12/2013

This dhow is so contrived now. And completely boring.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 37608/12/2013

Yeah, where is everyone? I'm out of town so I'm behind 2 episodes. I thought I'd pop in to see if anyone had anything to say about Sunday's episode. Thanks for spoilers, Sexter. Do you happen to know if the cast and crew were happy with this season and the season finale?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 37708/14/2013

This thread is is dead because every episode feels like filler, which is pretty disappointing for a show in its final season. Maybe there will be some "a-ha," moment that ties it altogether but good writing should have a compelling build.

They screwed themselves with the awful season 6. That final moment of Deb finding out about Dexter was awesome at the time, but now, 2 seasons later, it ruined the show long term.

Deb should have become suspicious, picked up clues, start to connect the dots. Spend season 7 having Deb secretly investigating Dexter, ultimately finding out the truth. She's a detective, it would have been thrilling and fitting to have Deb solve the ultimate case, and not have it be an accident.

And then this final season would have been classic cat-and-mouse. Deb vs Dex. There would be tension, and suspense, and stakes.

All things the current season lacks.

And why are there SO MANY new characters I couldn't give a shit about? These are you last episodes! Let's spend these last moments with the characters we' care about and are actually invested in for fucks sake.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 37808/14/2013

A few more teasers.

If you hate Hannah, or the Dexter/Hannah combo, you will HATE the next episode. Cover your eyes, and ears. You have been warned!

A kill room turns into a love shack!

Road trip bitches!

"Who the fuck are you?"--- "Who the fuck are you?"

Deb confronts Hannah and they have a chat. (I really hate the way it plays out. Deb, she tried to kill you.. how about kicking her ass instead?)

later on ...

A storm is a brewin~

Dexter tried to sell his boat

by The detective with the bad wispreply 37908/14/2013

""Who the fuck are you?"--- "Who the fuck are you?""

Are they cribing from Six Feet Under? That sounds like Nate and Brenda's big fight.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 38008/14/2013

I agree with you 100% R378, but it will all pick up after episode 9. I just wish they wouldn't have waited so long to get things moving.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 38108/14/2013

[quote]I'm out of town so I'm behind 2 episodes.

You haven't missed much.

[quote]Do you happen to know if the cast and crew were happy with this season and the season finale?

Funny enough, most don't care all that much. They do their job, get paid. move on. Bank accounts satisfied. need I say more? It's been great for the many guest stars this season.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 38208/14/2013

Shit. I hate Hannah.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 38308/14/2013

I miss Rita. She was boring as hell but she served a great purpose of having Dexter always be on his toes.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 38408/14/2013

A bit more:

1. They didn't have enough time to plan this season out as Showtime pushed it up 3-4 months.

2. Writers and production team got lazy and rushed it.

3. Michael C. Hall just wanted it to be done with.

4. Writers were writing this with an end in sight but if they got word of Season 9, they would redirect. So the end was in site but they wrote the season as complete filler to get to that end, knowing it might not be the final season.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 38508/15/2013

I miss Dexter, lots of people are not commenting because they haven't been able to watch it due to fuckin CBS! FUCK U LESS MOOVESS or whatever the fuck your name is! Nobody deserves 70 million a year! I bet you donated less than 1% of that to charity! FUCK CBS!

Thanks for the hints Sexter! Any gossip on Quinn?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 38608/15/2013

Also, this Sunday night. we say goodbye to yet another character and are left thinking (once again!), "What the fuck? What was the point of even having that character on the show?" Another victim of the Brain Surgeon? Yes, he's back!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 38708/15/2013

I can't believe I forgot to tell you guys the best part!! - Nice, long lingering shots of Michael's ass on Sunday night. Oh yeah! :)

No Quinn gossip. Just business as usual R387.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 38808/15/2013

Who is secretly gay on set, Sexter?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 38908/15/2013

[quote]1. They didn't have enough time to plan this season out as Showtime pushed it up 3-4 months.

Meh. Right after Season 6 it was announced that 7 and 8 and the showrunner said that she had the final two seasons all planned out as a way to give a satisfying conclusion. They had two years to work on this final season.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 39008/15/2013

Do anyone of them have any weird habits? Strange rituals or superstitions like in sports?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 39108/15/2013

[quote]Meh. Right after Season 6 it was announced that 7 and 8 and the showrunner said that she had the final two seasons all planned out as a way to give a satisfying conclusion. They had two years to work on this final season.

4. Writers were writing this with an end in sight but if they got word of Season 9, they would redirect. So the end was in site but they wrote the season as complete filler to get to that end, knowing it might not be the final season.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 39208/15/2013

[quote]Nice, long lingering shots of Michael's ass on Sunday night.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up Sexter!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 39308/15/2013

[quote]Writers were writing this with an end in sight but if they got word of Season 9, they would redirect. So the end was in site but they wrote the season as complete filler to get to that end, knowing it might not be the final season.

So since they're giving us shitty television on purpodr, it's excusable? But you're right, this has certainly become the type of TV series that settles for "filler" episodes.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 39408/15/2013

[quote]So since they're giving us shitty television on purpodr, it's excusable? But you're right, this has certainly become the type of TV series that settles for "filler" episodes.

I don't think he was saying that it was excusable. Don't shoot the messenger! Even he (Sexter) said the show wasn't all he had hoped.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 39508/15/2013

R395 is right. I never said I though it was excusable. I am just passing you the stuff I am hearing since a few posters asked about it.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 39608/16/2013

[quote]Notice at the end when Dexter turns around, he ends up in the final frame that he hangs - how he is the "final masterpiece".... or is he the final monster?? :)

Well, shit! That's very intriguing. Now I'm excited again.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 39808/16/2013

So. The kid he's teaching kills Dexter? Or does Vogel?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 39908/16/2013

I think that's Vogel's modus operandi. She finds a sociopath, have him kill her current killing machine with a code, then have the newcomer replace him, and the cycle goes on.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 40008/16/2013

[quote]Also, this Sunday night. we say goodbye to yet another character

WHO?! I want a spoiler!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 40108/16/2013

Ok, so in that trailer, he has his kill shirt on, and puts on his kill gloves before hanging that last frame that he ends up in. Does this mean he kills himself?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 40208/16/2013

[quote] but it will all pick up after episode 9. I just wish they wouldn't have waited so long to get things moving.

Thanks Sexter, I hope so!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 40308/16/2013

That trailer is like Dexter's kill rooms. Pictures of all of the "victims".

by The detective with the bad wispreply 40408/16/2013

R404, try to think a bit harder. I think there's more to it than that.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 40508/16/2013

R404, I think I spoke too soon. You are exactly right. And there he is surrounded with all of the victims. And then at the end, he ends up a victim. Damn!!!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 40608/16/2013

Yep, R405, that's where my thoughts are going. Is this Dexter on the table?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 40708/16/2013

I'd like to know what others think!!

And YAY for MCH ass this Sunday!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 40808/16/2013

It's dead in here! I will try to liven it up with a SPOILER:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Vogel gets a slice in episode 10 from her ***. And it's not a slice of life.. on the contrary..

by The detective with the bad wispreply 40908/17/2013

OLIVER.

Naughty, naughty Oliver. Scary, nasty, awful, fucked up Oliver. I could weep! (really, I could)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 41008/17/2013

Your posts usualy go over my head Sexter, but I'm glad your posting them

by The detective with the bad wispreply 41108/17/2013

Does Vogel have a serial killer son she's protecting? The brain surgeon perhaps?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 41208/17/2013

I thought Dexter killed the Brain Surgeon??

by The detective with the bad wispreply 41308/17/2013

Vogel gets killed in episode 10. My guess is the killer is probably her son or something.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 41408/17/2013

Um, yeah. R414 see R409.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 41508/17/2013

Just for fun - MCH with a new look!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 41608/17/2013

[quote]I thought Dexter killed the Brain Surgeon??

See my post at R371 :)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 41708/17/2013

Um yeah, r415, I was trying to crack 409's code.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 41808/17/2013

Almost unrecognizable MCH @ r416. Thanks, Sexter. You're fun (-:

Can you share something about Jennifer Carpenter? How does she feel about the final season? Have she and MCH been on good terms since the split? Is the set tense?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 41908/18/2013

I think Cassie's boyfriend is Vogel's son, because he wanted to insinuate himself into Dexter's at a distance.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 42008/18/2013

Into Dexter's *what* ??

by The detective with the bad wispreply 42108/18/2013

into Dexter's life. sorry about that.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 42208/18/2013

After reading Sexter's posts at R283, R371 and R409, I think you all are right. (R412, R14 and R420). Shit, I hope that's not supposed to be the big reveal. Maybe the son is also Dexter's 1/2 brother. No, they already did that with the ITK. Maybe he is Matthews and Vogel's son together. Hmmmmm.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 42308/18/2013

What's Cassie's boyfriend's name? There was something a couple of episodes ago where Deb & Dex were going through Vogel's office and found some reference to a "Rich." At the time they speculated it could have been a Dr. Richard Vogel, possibly her former husband. The son could be Rich, Jr.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 42408/18/2013

what happened tonight? Please spill! Fuck CBS!!!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 42508/18/2013

What happened, somebody, I didn't get to watch tonight.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 42608/18/2013

About to watch.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 42708/18/2013

love the shot of the seriel killer family in the car

by The detective with the bad wispreply 42808/18/2013

even weirder dinner w/Vogel

by The detective with the bad wispreply 42908/18/2013

It's all getting a little ridiculous.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 43008/18/2013

So much for Dexter's protege.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 43108/18/2013

[quote]Also, this Sunday night. we say goodbye to yet another character and are left thinking (once again!), "What the fuck? What was the point of even having that character on the show?"

No shit Sexter!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 43208/19/2013

Tushy!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 43308/19/2013

I hope they don't wind it all up with Dexter leaving behind evidence to tell jis tale and then running off with Hannah to Argentina.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 43408/19/2013

Nice ass though!!!

PS: I agree R434, that would be bullshit.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 43508/19/2013

They killed Zac off too soon. I was starting to enjoy his annoying Dexter by calling him dude.

I think Vogel is working with the brain surgeon. She protected him with a decoy for Dexter to kill. And she's ultimately after Dexter's brain.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 43608/19/2013

Doesn't the brain surgeon end up killing Vogel in Episode 10?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 43708/19/2013

That wouldn't be very interesting, R437.

Vogel is a scientist studying psychopaths and a psychopath herself, which is why she is so puzzled that Dexter and Hannah have genuine feelings. The brains all go to her because she wants them, not as some kind of grim warning.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 43808/19/2013

[quote]They killed Zac off too soon. I was starting to enjoy his annoying Dexter by calling him dude.

Agree. Plus he was great eye candy.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 43908/19/2013

Michael C. Hall's ass was glorious. He's surprisingly smooth.

I think BS is Vogel's son trying to get her attention or affection. Probably pissed off that she preferred to hang out with psychopaths. Rampling's performance during the dinner scene was hilarious. Vogel's in her element around psychopaths.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 44008/19/2013

They have played that damn song "Make Your Own Kind of Music" three times now. Maybe more, but three that I remember.

1) It's what was playing on the forced kill video with Sussman several episodes ago

2) Vogel played it right before Yates broke into her house a few episodes ago

3) It was the song that was playing on the speaker on last night's episode as Dexter entered his apartment to find Zach. Did the guy who killed Zach just have it on a loop/repeat?

And shit, it's the name of the next episode! There has to be some kind of connection.

So we know Vogel likes the song.. And now we know that the brain surgeon does too...

by The detective with the bad wispreply 44108/19/2013

Maybe Miami has a hidden Mama Cass appreciation group that double as serial killers?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 44208/19/2013

LOL R442.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 44308/19/2013

"I'd give anything to feel nothing". . .

That was kind of chilling.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 44408/19/2013

I didn't get to see it...are you sure it was his, because there was an ass shot in Bliss but I didn't really think it was his ass.

What I've always liked about Dexter is they show him walking away from the camera, so you get to look at his cute butt, clothed. For some reason they don't like to show it nude.

Maybe I'll get to see it tonight? With Hannah on the show, I'm about ready to turn it off. I'd like to bid the show goodbye but I do want to see Michael C. Hall's ass shot.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 44508/19/2013

There's a Michael c Hall's ass thread on DL started earlier today. It's definitely him - long full body shots. Plus did he not show it in Six Feet Under?

His body is fantastic, and I kind of love what he wears on Dexter, but it would look ridiculous outside of Miami.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 44608/19/2013

#1 - Jamie killed Casey the neighbor. She's become a more central, complex character. Plus, I believe it was Sexter, or someone claiming to be in the know way back who warned us that Jamie was darker than we thought. We were also given some thin clues as to Masuka's daughter having shady motives.

#2 - At least for a while, the show seems to be getting awful close to shark jumping, flirting with the little 'killer family' riding along in the SUV, complete with the once cold, steely eyed kid briefly acting like a goofy, forgetful teenager. WTF was THAT all about?

#3 - I'm sick of Hannah and Dr. Vogle. Am I the only one?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 44708/19/2013

Ok at R344, Sexter said:

[quote]When the dust has settled it will be amazing to go back and watch everything ultimately knowing what it leads to. They've even been dropping us little hints along the way. When you re-watch this season after knowing how it turns out, you'll smack yourself in the face and wonder how you missed that little cues here, and that piece of foreshadowing there.

I'm trying to figure this out. Is it the song? It's driving me crazy. Shit please don't tell me that Dexter is in a hospital bed after the lake crash and is dreaming all of this on a morphine drip. Ugh.

R447, Sexter said "Jamie will show another side of herself" at R140. Maybe he meant the nudity?? He never said anything dark. Could have just been a tease, play on words. Then again, ya never know!!

And yeah, I am sick of Hannah. Although it was nice to see love sex scene for MCH ass :) Vogel has grown on me.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 44808/19/2013

I wouldn't get too fond of Vogel if I were you, R448.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 44908/19/2013

Michael C.Hall also showed his ass in CABARET.

Missing out on Dexter-- thanks CBS!!! :(

by The detective with the bad wispreply 45008/19/2013

As I see it, there's no way that Dexter, Deb *and* Hannah all live at the end. So either they kill Dexter OR they kill Deb and/or Hannah, to leave Dexter alive but desolate.

also

Everyone Dex has killed this season is because Vogel wanted that person killed, or it was because of the whole Dr Vogel/Brain Surgeon thing. Dex hasn't killed anyone outside of Vogel's influence. Hmmmmm...

by The detective with the bad wispreply 45108/19/2013

I recently got my Time Warner back with all movie channels but it has no Showtime ? Is something wrong ?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 45208/19/2013

Dexter is kind of an idiot for not realizing that Vogel is the brain surgeon killer.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 45308/20/2013

I agree, r453.

Dexter's butt looked adorably cute.

Dexter is making a complete fool of himself for Hannah, I want her to meet with a very painful death.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 45408/20/2013

I agree R454. I miss the Dexter from season one. He couldn't even get a hard on. He had no emotion. Now they are selling him as this love sick puppy.

I have a feeling Deb will end up paying the price for Dexter's distraction. I still think Hannah is using him and wants revenge.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 45508/20/2013

Could be r455. I watched the video of their Comic Con panel discussion and the actress who plays Hannah kind of slipped when answering a question and led in with talking about Hannah's revenge. Then she realized what she'd said and quickly back peddled saying she hadn't really given anything away. I suppose she could have been referring to her first reappearance where she drugged Dexter and Deb but going by the reaction of the rest of the panel I think she was talking about something bigger and just barely caught herself.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 45608/20/2013

Sexter is this true?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 45708/21/2013

Possible spoilers at R457. Not teases like what Sexter has posted, but SPOILERS.

Wish I hadn't read them now.

However now what Sexter has told us, a lot of it makes sense. Now I know what R410 means.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 45808/21/2013

Shit - that must mean the guy at R199 and R283 is OLIVER. and he must be related to Vogel (see R283 and R371 and R409.)

Damn.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 45908/21/2013

Damn is right! I'm not going to look at the spoiler link. I'm happy with what Sexter gives us!!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 46008/21/2013

I think Oliver may be Vogel's son. He is a sociopath of course and has grown jealous of her attention to her pet sociopaths. It seems there has been a copycat murder of each one of them before they have turned up dead. The most recent example was the protege. I predict Oliver will kill Hannah and/or Deb in Dexter's style and follow that with killing Dexter to end the series.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 46108/22/2013

Another vote for Hall's scrumptious ass!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 46208/22/2013

[quote]Sexter is this true?

I'm afraid to look! I'm only going to tease you what I know personally.

Shit gets real in this next episode - like I said before, I'm bummed that it took them so long to get things moving.

Tires slashed

Vogel finds out the truth! The she's drugged .. and MAD as hell

A new, sexy (IMO) character joins the cast

Zach leaves a clue behind for Dexter to test :(

Deb is back at Miami Metro

Harrison wants a new mommy (barf)

Dexter wants a new life

by The detective with the bad wispreply 46308/22/2013

Thanks Sexter :)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 46408/22/2013

[quote]The she's drugged

That should say "THEN she's drugged."

by The detective with the bad wispreply 46508/22/2013

I want Hannah dead, dead, dead, dead...god I hate that bitch and if Dexter ends up with her, I'd just as soon he be dead.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 46608/22/2013

I agree 466. And guess who Hannah moves in with? No not Dexter - even worse.(IMO) Would you eat dinner prepared by Hannah? I wouldn't! Did they both forget that Hannah tried to Kill Deb? And that she knocked them both out a couple episodes ago? Sure, Dexter is horny and lovesick, but DEB? Yuck. It bothers me because as much as we know Deb loves Dexter and wants him to be happy, the hard ass Deb character as we have known her, would NOT put up with this bullshit. Yet, she does.

I really hate the whole Hannah storyline and I hate that she has made Dexter into a pussy, and how she knocks him off his game when Deb needs him most.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 46708/22/2013

She and Deb become besties?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 46808/22/2013

[quote]PS: Funeral for episode 11. Can you guess whose funeral it is?

Sexter, I am guessing Vogel now

by The detective with the bad wispreply 46908/22/2013

The Hannah storyline turns Dexter into a complete fool. It's like the writers made her a real horror and then they all of a sudden changed their minds and our feelings for her, are suppose to change too.

No, she was a murdering bitch and she's still a murdering bitch. No one could trust her and her character is bland and completely phony.

God! What a bunch of fucking assholes...presenting her as a serious love interest? I hope the writers and Scott Buck, all get prostate cancer.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 47008/22/2013

I agree 100% R470.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 47108/22/2013

Maybe Hannah is still a vengeful cunt, and all of this lovey dovey stuff towards Dexter is just manipulative, calculated bullshit.Maybe she ends up killing Deb in the end, and Dexter unwittingly lets it happen because he was blinded by love and never saw it coming.

That's the only way I'd be happy with the Hannah shit. Because like R470 said, she's a murdering bitch, and she tried to kill Deb - but now the writers are trying to get us to think she's an angel now??

by The detective with the bad wispreply 47208/23/2013

The only way I'll be happy is when she kills Deb and Harrison and then after Dexter sees what she has done...she can go ahead and kill him.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 47308/23/2013

Am I the only one worried that this is going to be some kind of dream sequence?? I recall seeing a calendar this season that was dated 2012. And all kinds of WEIRD shit, shit that one dreams.. Where you wake up and think "WTF was that all about?"

So, perhaps:: End of season 7 actually ends in Dexter being shot by Deb and not Maria? Remember the counseling session with Vogel and Deb in the shipping container where Deb flashes back to actually shooting him? That actually happened, and now Dexter is in the hospital having brain surgery to save his life, and this whole season is his dream sequence while sedated. He loved Hannah in S7 so that's why she is in his head, and he's dreaming of running away with her and Harrison.

Maybe THAT's why Hannah is so sweet, because in his dream, that's how he sees her.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 47408/23/2013

I think the photos that Zach showed Dexter from when he was hunting his former classmate in the Keys (the photos that established his alibi for Cassie's murder) were also time stamped with 2012.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 47508/23/2013

She may be a murdering bitch, but she's a hot murdering bitch and Dexter is a murdering bastard. The pair works for me.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 47608/23/2013

Finally I got it. I got it and it makes all sense now. Dexter is still DRUGGED. Hannah drugs him repeatedly with a drug which renders him susceptible to mind control. This drug works like the indigenous eel in Chekovs ear in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. :)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 47708/23/2013

Yep. That's it.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 47808/23/2013

I was actually really enjoying the Zach plot. Leave it to Dexter to shift focus from an interesting storyline to yet another one about Quinn's fucking love life.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 47908/23/2013

This final season is excruciatingly painful to watch. It's as though they're torturing the viewers who have been so dedicated to the series.

It boarders on the complete absurd on so many levels at this point.

And sorry, I officially think our current 'Sexter' is full of bullshit. Not buying that it's the original Sexter. The original Sexter would never follow the threads so closely or say things like "barf" or agree on general discussion points.

I'm guessing our current Sexter (whom I have nothing really against) is someone with mild info. on the final season, and that's it.

Sorry Sexter, but you're not the original.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 48008/24/2013

R480, I think it's the real guy. I believe maybe you must have missed some of his sarcastic posts that other season he was here.. He also followed very closely and even then just gave mild spoilers. And funny you should mention that he wouldn't say "barf", because when I saw that in this thread it was another actually confirmation that it *was* him. I'd pull up one of his old threads, but the big one was deleted, I'm guessing because CS Lee posted on that one. That's the one that was pulled from DL. A real shame since it was such a fun thread.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 48108/24/2013

Oh my. I wish I hadn't read the spoiler link.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 48208/24/2013

I agree with R481.

R480,

[quote]The original Sexter would never follow the threads so closely

Yes he would, just like he did last time. Plus last time he was actually working ON the show.

[quote] or say things like "barf" or agree on general discussion points.

Did you even read his posts before? He was funny, and made all kinds of agreements and disagreements.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 48308/24/2013

Aren't fake spoilers sometimes leaked to keep everyone surprised? I wouldn't automatically assume those are the real deal. They could have also created a few different endings and we won't know which one gets used until it actually happens.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 48408/24/2013

R482, why did you read them?? :(

That's why I love our Sexter. He has *always* only given us teases and photos, not full on spoilers.

I totally disagree with R481. This Sexter sounds and writes like the one I remember.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 48508/24/2013

LOL at Tab Lowe R484. That's fucking classic! Made me smile, thanks :)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 48608/24/2013

R481 reminds me of the angry asshole from the Dexter season 6 threads here. I can just tell. Even then he was a dick and was saying Sexter was full of shit.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 48708/24/2013

Couldn't agree more r485. The tip off to the "real" Sexter is that he drops just enough to tease and with deadly accuracy but never spoils.

I glanced at the TWOP spoilers but realized very quickly that I didn't want to know that much.

Would it really matter if there are different people out there to promote the show? All it means to me is that our Sexter is the best at it.

And thank you Sexter. It's made this and others seasons a lot of fun.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 48808/24/2013

Who the hell wouldn't say "barf" about the character, Hannah...that character is all around barf worthy.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 48908/25/2013

Anyone? Bueller??

by The detective with the bad wispreply 49008/25/2013

Tonight really made me want to be sick, all over Dexter and Hannah but I controlled myself.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 49108/25/2013

It's kind of stupid that Hannah is trying to evade the Feds by walking around in public without a disguise. That's believable.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 49208/25/2013

So Saxon being Vogel's son was correct?

The show would be fine if they hadn't decided to turn Dexter into a 13 year old, love sick girl. Also, never anything light or funny in the script and no soundtrack, no Cuban music at all...did all the Hispanics move out of Miami?

Loser producers and those writers should never be hired again.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 49308/25/2013

>>would be fine if they hadn't decided to turn Dexter into a 13 year old, love sick girl.

Agreed. Absolutely ridiculous. As was Hannah and Deb..sharing a meal and friggin' *bonding*...

Was Harrison really drawing a picture of, 'his mommy' - Rita? From photographs? Or Hannah, in his fantasy? - or was it just instinctive for him to lie about Hannah?

What a convoluted mess.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 49408/26/2013

This season had so much potential with Vogel and Dexter playing the psychological game of cat and mouse. Instead, the writers threw in a slew of secondary characters, storylines going nowhere (Masuka's daughter?), and daytime soap worthy plot development (Oliver Saxon as a son coming back from the dead; really??) A rather sad way to wrap up a show that used to be so good.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 49508/26/2013

There was no where else for Hannah to hide than in the home of someone she tried to murder? Really? What about Zach's studio? What about Vogel's house? What about the empty apartment next door to Dexter? What about getting on Dexter's boat and getting the fuck out of Miami?

They are setting up Deb and Quinn live happily ever after as married detectives and Dexter, Hannah and Harrison running off to Argentina.

What if that actually happens? Ugh. I still have faith they won't do that to us. Barely.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 49608/26/2013

I thought at first they were going to make Sean Patrick Flannery's character into Vogel's son, but of course they chose the most uninteresting, irrelevant character to focus on for the last four episodes of the series.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 49708/26/2013

I thought the same thing, R497. Was disappointed the facial recognition program didn't show that.

Why would Dr. Vogels DNA be in the database ?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 49808/26/2013

I'm thinking the writers and producers should all be taken out and their lives ended, by firing squad.

Yes, I know Michael C. Hall is one of the producers...too bad Michael. I always thought you were a great actor but apparently you SUCK at producing.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 49908/26/2013

Not to mention that if Hannah is found hiding at Deb's home, Deb's entire life is ruined. Instead of returning to the police and marrying Quinn, she'd probably end up in prison. But what the heck. It's not a if there's a skilled federal marshall tracking Hannah, so what the fuck, right?

All that contrivance for the pay-off of the salad scene?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 50008/26/2013

I don't believe I've ever acted like an asshole before about Dexter. I loved the first 5 seasons and I didn't complain much about season 6 or 7, except that Dexter never smiled or said anything witty or funny anymore...and he didn't. A great actor and he just went through scene after scene, with his straight face and NO personality.

Oh, I did complain about the destroying of Debra's character with this, "I'm in love with Dexter" routine. It was stupid.

Now I just make one bitchy comment after the next.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 50108/26/2013

How about the fact that Harrison views Hannah as his mommy! Totally ridiculous. He spends all day every day with Jamie but we're supposed to believe he thinks his mommy is his dad's ex girlfriend who he hasn't seen in months and only knew for a short time. This is as implausible as Deb hiding Hannah in her house and then sharing a salad with her nemesis like two old girlfriends.

I love this show but they're really pushing it. I hope it all comes together in the end and makes all of these seemingly insane story lines work.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 50208/27/2013

You guys, I have a feeling that it's going to end with one of the least satisfying endings in TV history.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 50308/27/2013

If you're tired of constant PrimeTime, having to pay to post, threads getting deleted for no reason, and whimsical banning, click below.

Our WM isn't a stupid nazi cow, and we might one day have again what DL used to be.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 50408/27/2013

I'm just wonder, have my post been deleted?

Whatever. I'm just wondering, have I bitched enough about Hannah, or should I continue to bitch?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 50508/27/2013

Thanks ASSHOLE at R514. Are you trying to get this thread deleted, you cunt?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 50608/27/2013

If it's all in Dexter's head, then it would make more sense that Hannah has come back to Miami looking exactly the same but with better hair. And it would explain why the dialogue has been lacking any oomph. And it would explain the giant holes in the story. I'm so suspicious about the fact that they've had the ending in their heads since day one but Hannah was just developed last season. Seems like they might completely negate her. I don't know how I feel about Dexter being executed as a finish especially since he's possibly learning that it was all a mistake to ID him as a psychopath. I think I would prefer for Deb to die and Dex commit suicide. A little incestual Romeo and Juliet.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 50708/27/2013

The final scene will include Deb waking up while Dexter is getting out of the shower. "Dex, I had the strangest dream..."

by The detective with the bad wispreply 50808/27/2013

Hannah is blonde like Rita whom he only knows from pictures.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 50908/29/2013

it's not on tonight?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 51009/01/2013

SPOILERS!

*Dexter kills Deb because she cannot accept the fact that he is with Hannah

*Batista tracks down Hannah and shoots her dead

*Dexter goes crazy and kills Batista as well as Quinn

*Miami Metro begin a full manhunt on Dexter so he kills every single one of them

*Dexter also kills about 50 armed FBI agents that are trying to arrest him

*Obama sends the US Army to kill Dexter but every single member of the US army is put on the table by Dexter. That's right, Dexter overpowers thousands of armed men all at once

*Dexter falls in love with Harrison and there is a kissing scene before Harrison is full of shame and hangs himself

*Saxon gets away because Dexter sees him as a good man who does bad things. After a brief makeout session with Dex, Saxon leaves Miami.

*The show ends with Dexter killing everyone in Miami and he finally has a peaceful life. As the only resident of Miami, Dexter begins to relax. Then off-screen we hear "SURPRISE MOTHER FUCKER."

by The detective with the bad wispreply 51109/01/2013

It seems to be on, as far as I can see, r510. Actually looking forward to it.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 51209/01/2013

It isn't on tonight? Ugh, can we just get this over with already?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 51309/01/2013

Regardless of the promo at that link, I don't think it's on tonight. From what I can see the only new show tonight is Breaking Bad. Even Ray Donovan is a repeat.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 51409/01/2013

How disappointing! They're really gonna drag this out, aren't they?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 51509/01/2013

Thanks for the laugh, R511.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 51609/02/2013

What? He kills everyone in Miami but couldn't come a little further north, so he could kill Zimmerman? That makes no sense.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 51709/02/2013

I'll bet R511 that even after Dexter has nearly killed everyone in Miami, Batista still won't be able to work out who the Bay Harbor Butcher is.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 51809/02/2013

I'm digging Dexter's apt. Anyone knows what that kind of apt costs in real life? In miami? i love his kitchen. I don't remember if it's a 1 or 2 bedroom. It's at least a 1 bedroom.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 51909/03/2013

Actually, he has two adjoining apartments. Occasionally he will refer to the unit next door as "Harrison's apartment." Based on that, he must have started out with a 1 BR, but needed more room for the kid and all his stuff. I believe he also said that it would be better that way with the crazy hours he keeps.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 52009/03/2013

Late to the party due to recently settled CBS Time Warner black out. Just got caught up on all the missed episodes by watching them on demand. I hated to see Zack get murdered. I thought they were possibly setting him up for a Dexter spin off next season.

Wow! Some major chemistry on screen between Michael C. Hall and Yvonne Strahovski (Hannah). I know it wouldn't happen, but I would kinda like to see them ride off in the sunset together on the final episode.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 52109/04/2013

R521 is a liar and an idiot.

They have no chemistry, she is like a snake, slithering around your house, you never know when she will strike. Pretty much anyone who liked the show, Dexter...hates the addition of the evil Hannah and the love sick Dexter. It's like a damn romance novel.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 52209/04/2013

R522- And that was my opinion. Of course, you are able to have your own opinion and share it. But was it necessary to call me a liar and an idiot? :)

by The detective with the bad wispreply 52309/04/2013

R523, don't pay attention to R523. He's a jerk and has been cunting up Dexter threads for several seasons.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 52409/04/2013

Thanks R524

by The detective with the bad wispreply 52509/04/2013

I was frantically catching up yesterday myself. (Thanks TWC.) I have to say I'm enjoying it. It's a far cry from its finest hours (the Lithgow season, I imagine), but it's good.

I you want to see a once-good show imploding, check out the last season of TRUE BLOOD or (and this breaks my heart) BREAKING BAD. It's just awful watching everyone on BB acting so jaw-droppingly out of character to help the writers execute their plot. The skill of the actors' is going a long way in masking it, but it doesn't look promising.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 52609/04/2013

Gee whiz, 521 what you said was soooo crazy. I didn't even take you seriously. I didn't really believe that was a real opinion. I figured you were simply trying to push the show. FANS hate this the last season and the main reason they hate it? Hannah.

Ah 524, if you think I'm cunting up other Dexter threads, who am I?

Find me two people who actually like the Hannah storyline...just two. I mean other then the supposedly honest R521.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 52709/04/2013

I think that is the whole thing about Dexter...it's as if the writers changed him into a completely different person. He's never any fun, now, never a smile, never a smart ass comment...he's like a lovesick robot with a great ass.

It's pretty damn sickening. The fact is, last season, Hannah was a persons worst nightmare, you never knew what awful thing she would do next but all of a sudden, this season...she is supposedly, trustworthy and deserving of Dexter's love.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 52809/04/2013

I think Strahovski is an good actress (and very hot) but I admit it- I am biased. I saw her in GOLDEN BOY last season. She was terriifc as Lorna.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 52909/04/2013

The Luman season was awkward and forced but had some strong elements. The Colin Hanks season was one of the worst, plot hole-filled seasons I've seen of any show. Last season was better but kind of boring. This season has some very interesting elements, like Dr Vogel, but they're handling the stories so sloppily.

And Hannah is such a far-fetched character and the least interesting counterpart they could have created for Dexter.

There's no more meaningful suspense and Dexter himself is no longer lovable.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 53009/04/2013

Dumbshit R527 - As a matter of fact, your post at R470:

[quote]God! What a bunch of fucking assholes...presenting her as a serious love interest? I hope the writers and Scott Buck, all get prostate cancer.

Shows what a pile of shit you really are.

It's one thing to have an opinion, but trolldar shows you to be a real prick. It's obvious you cannot have a mature discussion or debate about this show. My friends and I sometimes disagree on shows, music, etc, and I often disagree with posters here, but the way *you* carry on is disturbing.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 53109/04/2013

Oh! I think that was me expressing myself!

I'm rather good at it.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 53209/04/2013

[quote]I'm rather good at it.

You're rather delusional.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 53309/05/2013

Facebook tease: Dexter tells Deb that he is moving to Argentina.

Please don't let this happen.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 53409/05/2013

Sorry--Not buying Dexter's tears/rage over Vogel's body. He may not be a perfect psychopath, but he doesn't have emotions that deep. Vogel's son has grown on me as a villain. It's too bad we went through most of the season without him.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 53509/08/2013

Yeah, r535 - he's creepy as hell; those eyes.

And, wtf, Hannah taking Harrison to the ER and using his real name, etc. Stupid bitch. In fact, stupid Harrison, as well - fakest fall in the history of television.

Two episodes to go? Kinda late to pick up the pace, here. Sorry to be so bitchy about it, but it's been pretty disappointing.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 53609/09/2013

All stupid Hannah had to do was call Deb and have HER take the little brat.

Can't believe it took Quinn breaking up with Jamie for her to get a clue!!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 53709/09/2013

The listing guide on my cable said last night that Dexter would witness the death of someone important in his life, but I thought it would be someone more interesting. I should've known it would be someone who affected the season, and not the series as a whole.

I really hope they aren't setting up Vogel's son to play too heavy a hand in the finale of this show. He's an uninteresting character played by an uncharismatic actor.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 53809/09/2013

I don't like where the story is heading...i hate hannah too.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 53909/09/2013

The worst part of Hannah coming back is the return of the Golden Boy Troll.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 54009/09/2013

Charlotte Rampling was quite a babe in the 60's quite the bird as the Brits would say.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 54109/10/2013

possible spoilers at link

by The detective with the bad wispreply 54209/10/2013

Those aren't 'possible', R542. They pretty much give away the ending.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 54309/11/2013

My heart went out to Charlotte Rampling for this last ep... such an elegant and refined actress given some truly shitty dialogue and bad staging to work with in this, her final episode. I don't see an Emmy in her future, unfortunately, but I hope I am wrong. These last few episodes really, really suck and I will remember DEXTER differently now that this last season has been so unbelievably terrible. Such a disappointment. Alas, at least it started off somewhat strong. Everything after the car crash into the lake in Ep 4 has been underwhelming if not outright lame.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 54409/11/2013

This season should be called "From Dark Passenger to Dim Bulb."

by The detective with the bad wispreply 54509/12/2013

okay, we all seem to agree how shitty the past few season have been so I want to hear your ideas about how Dexter SHOULD have ended...Re-write seasons 5-8 or just the final few episodes of 8.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 54609/12/2013

Dexter has only been good when the villains were effective. This season, none of them has registered.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 54709/12/2013

This season is so bad.. I almost hate to say it, but the season with Colin Hanks was actually more interesting than this bullshit soap opera crap.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 54809/13/2013

The Colin Hanks season was worse.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 54909/13/2013

I agree. Wherever this season is heading and whatever its failings, it's a damn sight better than the Colin Hanks season.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 55009/13/2013

This season has felt like watching a completely different show, with all the main characters having undergone personality transplants.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 55109/13/2013

I still like it! Will miss Dexter...

by The detective with the bad wispreply 55209/14/2013

I've always felt the series should not have been dragged out for more than 2-3 seasons. Ice Truck, Bay Harbor Butcher and Trinity.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 55309/15/2013

I agree. In the UK, a lot of strong shows the like original office only last a few seasons. I wish it was the same in the US.

I just hope we never see a Dexter Spin-Off movie.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 55409/15/2013

The two things that fucked over this season are bringing back Hannah and introducing Dr. Vogel's son as the big bad.

Dr. Vogel should have been the main antagonist this season like they were originally setting her up to be. I was really enjoying the whole Frankenstein aspect of her storyline. It was also fascinating that Dr. Vogel herself might have been a psychopath as we learned more and more about her unethical methods as a psychiatrist.

I would have also revealed that the Ice Truck Killer, Dexter's brother, was a patient of Vogel's and it was her idea to split them up, making Dexter and his brother true experimental subjects of hers. It's interesting to think that maybe Dexter could have been "normal" had Dr. Vogel not nurtured the killer inside him. That she was responsible for, not keeping a psychopath under control, but creating one.

Alas, the season started off good because of the psychological explorations of the characters. Now that it's been thrown that out the window, it's nothing more than a soap opera. What could have been.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 55509/15/2013

looks like the spoiler at the above link is right. this SUCKS big time! i hate that bitch hannah! harrison deserves a better mother! but maybe the spin off could be based on harrison grown up, his life raised by killer parents and he also turns out to be fucked up like them.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 55609/15/2013

Evan Peters (AHS) as the adult Harrison!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 55709/15/2013

I f***in hate what they've done to this show.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 55809/15/2013

What. The. Hell. I really hope those spoilers aren't true, but it sure seems like it. Shoulda killed him, Dex!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 55909/16/2013

Fuck me. Slept thru the last 15 minutes.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 56009/16/2013

The show has become unrecognizable. They didn't earn Dexter's transformation into a non-pyschopath. Hannah is a terrible match for him and a boring character.

Looking back at the past few seasons, there were so many interesting concepts handled SO poorly.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 56109/16/2013

Right before his dad said "you don't need me anymore", I thought to myself: "God, I hope he doesn't say; 'you don't need me anymore'". So cheesy

by The detective with the bad wispreply 56209/16/2013

>>earn Dexter's transformation into a non-pyschopath

Maybe a little. Dexter's past few kills have been for reasons other than, 'The Code' - to protect Vogel, etc., with the victim jussst barely 'making, 'The Code', unless I'm wrong. I'm a bit stoned, and trying unsuccessfully to recall the last victim who was a victim PURELY for, 'The Code.' Plus, all the schmaltzy feelings - ye gods - for Deb, for Hannah, blah blah blah..pathetically lean, but maybe a weak attempt to lead up to it..?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 56309/16/2013

I know r564 I was hoping they would. Maybe they filmed a couple versions of the last episode?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 56509/16/2013

R565, are you talking about that picture of Dexter carrying a female dead body?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 56609/16/2013

It was Deb on a stretcher, I think..?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 56709/16/2013

I'm referring to the picture at R246.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 56809/16/2013

My guess is that Dexter will take Deb from the hospital to make an escape from Miami on boat with Hannah and Harrison. Planes are grounded so boat is the only viable means for transportation. Of course, if the leaked season finale details are to be believed then my theory is blown.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 56909/16/2013

What R555 said. That would have been a fantastic final season. Instead, it has been beyond dull. And the Vogel character started off promising but became completely neutered and uninteresting. Did anyone care when she died? I didn't even understand why Dexter cared. Everything after Deb drove them into the water has been terrible.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 57009/16/2013

Ugh, they had to turn Dexter into a complete idiot for the last ten minutes of the latest episode. Oliver knows he's a murderer, has downloaded info about him, and probably now has access to all of Vogel's tapes where she interviews Dexter and Harry, yet Dexter thinks having him arrested is a good idea?!

Even at that - couldn't he have stuck around nearby to make sure the arrest went alright? I'm glad the Deputy Marshall was killed, his surfer dude voice was annoying.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 57109/16/2013

[quote] They didn't earn Dexter's transformation into a non-pyschopath.

Sure they did. It's been going on since the beginning, starting with Rita. Whether or not such a transformation is possible is another question.

[quote]In a study where psychopathic criminals were brain-scanned while they watched videos of a person harming another individual, scientists found that psychopaths' empathic reaction (via the mirror system) initiated the same way it did for controls when they were instructed to empathise with the harmed individual, and that the area of the brain relating to pain was activated when the psychopaths were asked to imagine how the harmed individual felt. [bold]The research demonstrated how psychopaths could switch empathy on at will and explained how they could be both callous and charming. Although the team who conducted the study believes that it is still unknown how to transform this willful empathy into the spontaneous empathy most people have, they propose it could be possible to bring psychopaths closer to rehabilitation by helping them to activate their “empathy switch”. [/bold] However, others suggested that despite the results of the study, it remained unclear whether psychopaths' experience of empathy was the same as that of controls, and also questioned whether it was possible to devise therapeutic interventions to make the empathic reactions more automatic.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 57209/16/2013

That may have been the worst penultimate episode of a series I've ever seen.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 57309/16/2013

R569, how can they escape via boat when there's a storm coming??

I think that picture was an out take.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 57409/16/2013

They don't. Debra dies because Jennifer wanted her too. Michael C. Hall insisted on having his ridiculous romance with the murdering bitch, Hannah, so the characters that fans knew and loved are no longer around at the end of the series. Totally disgusting and revolting. Completely pathetic and careless writing. I wish they had ended the series after season 5...although 7 wasn't completely hideous.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 57509/16/2013

R 572-- I disagree. As a loyal viewer since the start, I don't feel they satisfyingly showed Dexter's transformation. I know they've been hinting at it, but I was waiting for a more convincing arc. They seem to be implying that Vogel's therapy and death, combined with his love for Hannah have turned a switch, which feels, to me at least, very contrived. Beyond that, I don't think its an interesting ending for the character. It would have been braver to have avoided such a convenient ending.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 57609/16/2013

The main problem with the whole season? A completely unbelievable love connection with the snake in the grass, Hannah.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 57709/16/2013

It has been far more than hinted at, R56. Dexter's successful attempts to feel emotions and cope with the complications they bring to his life have been the central theme of the series.

The loss of the kill compulsion has been less clearly shown, but I can see how

1) Becoming a father;

2) Sharing his secret with Lumen;

3) Deb's discovery;

4) Sharing a dark passenger with Hannah; and

5) His work with Vogel

could loosen that.

Being able to talk about the dark passenger with so many people so close to him might have weakened the compulsion.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 57809/16/2013

I agree with the views about Hannah. When the show began, Dexter's romance with Rita was built so carefully and believably. But the relationship with Hannah has never made sense. It might have worked as a passionate fling for a few episodes, but to base the entire series finale around their romance is such a shame.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 57909/16/2013

Jennifer Carpenter wanted her character to die? really? wow. guess no spin off or movie later on then...so sad

by The detective with the bad wispreply 58009/16/2013

R578 All I'm saying is that in my opinion, those reasons have been handled very superficially and I don't feel that they truly earned a believable transformation. Yes, they took the viewers by the hand and walked us towards this conclusion, but it feels tacked on. I've been waiting for a moment when Dexter would really evolve in a way that felt consistent with the character. I never really believed his connection with Hannah. We were just told to accept it. He knew vogel for, what? 10 episodes? None of their "work" seemed meaningful enough, to me anyway, to transform him.

It just feels like the writers are going for an easy ending. But we can agree to disagree.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 58109/16/2013

Where's SEXTER? Please give us something to chew on before the finale?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 58209/16/2013

I agree r576. His attachment to Vogel and his reference to her as "family" was creepy and weird. Dexter's appeal was that he was a lone wolf in a world he had to pretend to understand. Suddenly this caring-and-sharing Dexter turns up who just loves everyone to pieces and it's horribly contrived. I know they only had a short time to write the final season and they had already started writing season 8 before they found out it was the final but it just felt like they phoned it in.

It would have made far more sense for Miami metro to grow suspicious of Dexter. La Guerta hardly made a secret of her suspicions and she turned up dead. Would it have been such a stretch to make Batista look into Dexter after her death? Quinn has been suspicious for years and he was dating Dexter's baby sitter who must have, at some point, mentioned the weird hours Dexter keeps. So why not have Batista and Quinn begin to keep tabs on him at first, only to grow increasingly convinced he is every bit as dangerous as La Guerta said. Add in the complication that Batista begins to panic that his sister may the nanny to a serial killer and that Quinn is still in love with Deb, who will never forgive him if he exposes her brother. On the other side we could have Masuka who at first isn't buying mild mannered Dexter as a serial killer and accidentally tips off. Meanwhile Matthews, who we discover has always known, and Deb try to protect him. What if halfway through the secret investigation Quinn discovers it was Deb, not Dexter, who murdered La Guerta, then what does he do? There were so many options for the final but they decided to introduce a a daughter for Masuka instead. Ugh.

In fact they introduced a bunch of characters that went nowhere, that not a soul cared and a few serial killers that were all about as menacing as a tree.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 58309/16/2013

Did anyone catch that the news reader on the local news show Deb and Dexter were watching was the lady (her name escapes me) who was the original "host" of House Hunters?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 58409/16/2013

OT. I had difficulty with writers having Hannahs character traipse around Miami airports without so much as a dye job. Meanwhile her photo is splashed on TV broadcasts from the Keys to Ft Lauderdale. I really do not expect to like the ending.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 58509/17/2013

[quote] I had difficulty with writers having Hannahs character traipse around Miami airports without so much as a dye job.

Yes! I keep thinking "You're a striking blonde woman, dye your fucking hair!"

Also, though it might seem wicked of me, she really could have let Harrison bleed until Dexter came home.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 58609/17/2013

The Deputy Marshall suspected that Hannah was hiding out at Deb's but didn't stake out the place? Deb's boss suspected Dexter of lying about Hannah but didn't tail Dexter to see if he was meeting up with her. What shitty story telling. This has been a very disappointing end to a really great show. The fans deserve better.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 58709/17/2013

I haven't seen the last two episodes yet, BUT...

You know your series is going out as a bomb when even BuzzFeed has an entire list covering why the series is ending as a disaster.. (The did one yesterday).

I too keep wondering how Hannah is supposed to be trotting about Miami without as much as a pair of sunglasses and a hat. It's simply asinine.

Michael C. Hall is phoning it in. Every second of it. I know this series has never been Masterpiece Theater but it's a fucking mess and they've fucked over, in a major way, the loyal views who've kept them on the air for many years now.

Hall should not be allowed to front a show for a long time due to his tiresome, bland acting. Neither should the producers and the writers should be laughed out of Hollywood.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 58809/17/2013

If she didn't want to dye her hair she could have worn a wig, r585. Deb could have bought it for her. Or how about wearing a scarf or hat? We get it Yvonne. You are a beautiful young actress and you are not going to hide YOUR light under a babushka. Even if it makes no sense and does not serve the story. I think I read an interview with a couple of the producers and they said that they always knew how the series was going to end. Seven years to come up with this dreck of a finale. Wow. And I thought True Blood set the standard for shitting on their fans.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 58909/17/2013

I don't know if the fault all lies with the writers or if Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter bare some responsibility for such a crappy and ridiculous ending.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 59009/17/2013

It isn't over yet

by The detective with the bad wispreply 59109/17/2013

I would really love to be happily surprised.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 59209/17/2013

I just don't see how they can redeem a whole season of lazy crappy storytelling in one episode, tho Like R592 I would really love to be happily surprised.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 59309/17/2013

So, what do you all want to see happen in the last episode? How should Dexter end?

by The detective with the bad wispreply 59409/17/2013

Hannah should kill him.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 59509/17/2013

This season has already suffered irreparable damage. I doubt anything that happens in the last episode could really redeem it.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 59609/17/2013

I want it to end with the revelation that Harry isn't dead, that he's an expert illusionist and all of his appearances over the years haven't been in Dexter's head.

Or, cut to a young boy waking up, having been placed in a virtual reality simulator by a young Dr Vogel to test the outcomes of the code.

As you can tell, I'm kidding. A little.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 59709/18/2013

I still think Hannah will kill Dexter once she no longer needs him to help her leave the country.

I do think the writers have hurt themselves by letting the series fall apart like this. They've lost a lot of devoted fans and even more of their regular viewing audience. If they wish to make a spin off or do a prequel type series they've disengaged many of their potential viewers for a future series. Their core audience has moved on, sadly.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 59809/18/2013

I think it should end with Rita coming back, revealing that she had faked her own death in order to get some "me time", but she is ready to return to her life with Dexter. And then Hannah kills her, for real this time, and Dexter and Hannah go to Mexico. Somewhere one of the Dexter head writers just read this and thought: "Genius!".

No, I actually think that the final season should have focused on Dexter being closed-in-on by Miami Metro and, in the finale, faking his own death and escaping, with even Deb thinking he is gone so that she could finally move on. This should have been framed, somehow, to imply that he was doing it as much to save her. And I think the series should have concluded that Dexter is actually BAD for Deb and, despite their closeness, she would be much happier without him. When he realizes this, he leaves. But once he settles somewhere new, the closing scene shows him going back to his old ways.

by The detective with the bad wispreply 59909/18/2013

aaaaaaaand - WE'RE DONE!

by The detective with the bad wispreply 60009/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.