Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oh, Lordy, I got wasps!

I've notice these little hard sand mounds shaped like pine cones attached to the outer windows and doors of my house. Now I see wasps flying around, so it's occurred to me that I have to obliterate their homes.

Tips? Don't get me killed now.

by Anonymousreply 1507/05/2013

They sell wasp spray at the hardware store. It works well and the can sprays a good distance so you can keep away while you're squirting the wasps' nest.

The best time to spray is at dusk, when the nest is quieter.

And your best strategy going forward is to keep wasp spray at home and go after the nests when you first notice them.

by Anonymousreply 106/30/2013

Offer them deviled eggs and cucumber sandwiches. WASPs love that shit.

by Anonymousreply 206/30/2013

Have some minority wasps move in next to them.

by Anonymousreply 306/30/2013

African bees.

by Anonymousreply 406/30/2013

We have a place in Fort Lauderdale.

by Anonymousreply 506/30/2013

Open a Jewish orphanage next door. That'll get rid of them!

by Anonymousreply 606/30/2013

"Oh, Lordy, I got wasps!"

That was the one sure thing Mitt was able to utter after the real election results were deciphered.

by Anonymousreply 706/30/2013

Pickled snake will get rid of them!

by Anonymousreply 806/30/2013

[quote]I've notice these little hard sand mounds shaped like pine cones attached to the outer windows and doors of my house. Now I see wasps flying around, so it's occurred to me that I have to obliterate their homes.

OP, those sound like dirt daubers. Their bodies are more slender and elongated than regular wasps whose nests are papery.

The dirt daubers are pretty mellow and won't sting you out of orneriness like the other wasps. In fact, think of them as fierce little gardeners because they'll kill aphids and other nasty bugs in your garden.

Unfortunately, dirt dobbers sometimes set up house in inconvenient places so you have to destroy their mud huts before they sting you.

Otherwise, just live and let live.

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013

Poke um with a stick, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1007/01/2013

Dish detergent and a squirt gun

by Anonymousreply 1107/01/2013

Yes, they are dirt daubers. Thanks, R9.

by Anonymousreply 1207/01/2013

OP in the country we used to light the end of a newspaper and set their nests on fire. Not sure that was really effective though

by Anonymousreply 1307/01/2013

Dish detergent and squirt gun like R11 posted works really well

by Anonymousreply 1407/01/2013

lighter fluid with Black Cats

by Anonymousreply 1507/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.