Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What's the tackiest thing about Kathie Lee Gifford?

Take my poll.

by Anonymousreply 3907/01/2013

She's still not even 60. We'll still have her in the public eye for a good long while.

by Anonymousreply 106/30/2013

How is this screeching, alcoholic, demented, egomaniacal, ignorant, unfun, stupid cunt still on the air?

by Anonymousreply 206/30/2013

Where is the option for all of the above?

by Anonymousreply 306/30/2013

Poll of the day!

by Anonymousreply 406/30/2013

Other options:

She used to be the "la-la" girl on "Name That Tune."

She married a gay guy.

She hadher clothing line produced in sweatshops employing children.

by Anonymousreply 506/30/2013

The most vile thing is she is paid a lot of money for her tacky ass to perform some silly job

by Anonymousreply 606/30/2013

Agree with R3. OP's list is only the beginning.

I had never paid much attention to her until I recently saw her show with Hoda. She was rude, insufferable and obviously drunk.

by Anonymousreply 706/30/2013

No overkill intended, but I am unable to select only one, opting for ALL OF THE ABOVE. Even adding how she makes faces for the camera that make it look as if her mouth is an anus, preparing to open up for a dump.

by Anonymousreply 806/30/2013

That we can see into the bubble she lives in, but she apparently can't see out---to recognize the stunned and stupefied looks on people's faces.

by Anonymousreply 906/30/2013

R5 When are progressives going to embrace the fact that children have the right to work and support their families?

by Anonymousreply 1006/30/2013

I'm a girl and I've never been able to stand Katie Lee. Why is she on the air if she's obviously drunk?

by Anonymousreply 1106/30/2013

[R11] Apparently the show gets the ratings. Ratings have no taste.

by Anonymousreply 1206/30/2013

R12, The show is in a decent time slot and Hoda Kotb is popular and appears intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 1306/30/2013

Kathie Lee and Hoda are really the female version of the Odd Couple.

by Anonymousreply 1406/30/2013

OP you forgot that she was Anita Bryant's personal assistant for many years.

by Anonymousreply 1506/30/2013

R15 has it: worked with Anita Bryant who no doubt loved Kathie Lee's first, queer husband.

I call her Kathie Epstein to remind her that grew up as a Christ killer.

by Anonymousreply 1606/30/2013

She was a former correspondent for Good Morning America, and substitute co-host as well.

by Anonymousreply 1706/30/2013

Very difficult decision, but I chose the most popular choice.

by Anonymousreply 1806/30/2013

[bold] What's the tackiest thing about Kathie Lee Gifford?[/bold]

Her continued existence.

by Anonymousreply 1906/30/2013

She reminds me of the following question:

How do you know someone is Christian?

Don't worry, they will fucking tell you.

by Anonymousreply 2006/30/2013

Good one r20, I'll try to remember it.

by Anonymousreply 2106/30/2013

I live around the block from the Cody Gifford House. Tacky as she may be, this facility is a very nice thing to be associated with.

by Anonymousreply 2206/30/2013

Her work with hate-mongering KKKristian Anita Bryant is the #1 reason to have an intense dislike for the drunken bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2306/30/2013

Give me a minute to think...

by Anonymousreply 2406/30/2013

[quote]I'm a girl and I've never been able to stand Katie Lee.

Me neither.

by Anonymousreply 2506/30/2013

I go with "all of the above -- and then some."

by Anonymousreply 2606/30/2013

Definitely her obnoxious religiosity.

by Anonymousreply 2707/01/2013

I'm a little surprised by the amount of people here who actually buy her I'm-so-drunk schtick. It's the flimsiest act on TV. Three sips of alcohol over the course of an hour hardly classify someone as drunk. Other than that, I find any referance to her husband's endowment or libido just creepy. Also, she and Hoda come across as haughty bitches at times, and it's very insulting to their guests. Their disinterest and disregard, Hoda's especially, are unprofessional, dismissive, and downright rude. But, they seem to be loved by the fraus of suburbia who think a half glass of wine is breaking free.

by Anonymousreply 2807/01/2013

[quote]Three sips of alcohol over the course of an hour hardly classify someone as drunk

Would that it ended with those three sips at 11:00.......

by Anonymousreply 2907/01/2013

Please choose "other" to indicate "all of the above."

by Anonymousreply 3007/01/2013

Agreed, R30. I just hate all her Christian talk. My dad, brother, and uncle are all ministers and I've that fool talk more about Christianity than the three of them put together.

by Anonymousreply 3107/01/2013

She brags about listening to Barbra Streisand albums while her peers were out protesting the Vietnam war. Given that she was attending Oral Roberts University at the time unsure abut the truthfulness of it.

However, miscarrying and shitting out her fetus while sitting on the pot and having Frank fish out Junior from the toilet ranks up there.

by Anonymousreply 3207/01/2013

There's so much about Kathie Lee that's bizarre and mean spirited.

She appears to favor music that 70 and 80 year old grew up listening to. This would not be a problem if she ever acknowledged that performers in other areas of music also produced great music Every song Hoda enjoys, Kathie Lee sits there with her sour face telling Hoda how horrible and un-musical the song is or that she has "no idea what the lyrics are". My elderly mom has broader tastes in music than Kathie Lee!

She grew up Jewish, real name: Kathie Epstein, yet she is totally blocking that out. Are people aware she is Jewish? I don't remember her ever acknowledging this.

She's sarcastic to even the women getting the makeovers, She gives nearly every celebrity guest some type of dig, unless they are Born Again ReThugs like she is, she spares no one.

Basically, she's a sanctimonious bitch.

Oh the joys of working from home for the past eight years, getting annoyed by that bitch Kathie Lee! I watch her "Today" segment because I like Hoda.

by Anonymousreply 3307/01/2013

I love the woman!

I've been watching her since her start as the cohost of Don McNeill's Breakfast Club on the DuMont Television Network.

by Anonymousreply 3407/01/2013

I hate her cause she a judgmental bitch of her Christian ways. Every time she opens that mouth and says 'Bad, nasty pagans!' I want to haul off and slap her.

Also that fact that she breathes makes me sick.

Kelly got a big, black man as a co-host, why can't I?

This sucks!

by Anonymousreply 3507/01/2013

[quote] Given that she was attending Oral Roberts University at the time unsure abut the truthfulness of it.

Well she writes in her book that she worked for Anita Bryant PRIOR to going to Oral Roberts University.

Anita and her husband are the ones who got her into the University. Kathie Lee writes that Anita thought Babs was an OK singer, nothing great. And Kathie Lee was just stunned by what Anita said, as she thought Babs was a musical genius.

by Anonymousreply 3607/01/2013

The show gets ratings and is cheap to produce. They recycle the guests and topics from the previous hours.

by Anonymousreply 3707/01/2013

How about "All of the Above and More"

by Anonymousreply 3807/01/2013

[quote]How is this screeching, alcoholic, demented, egomaniacal, ignorant, unfun, stupid cunt still on the air?

You forgot unoriginal.

by Anonymousreply 3907/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!