Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When you came out to your parents, did they care if you were a top or a bottom?

My white trashy mom ridiculed me for "being the catcher." My dad was too disgusted to want more details and now he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 1707/01/2013

mom died before I came out. dad denied ever hearing of it.

by Anonymousreply 106/30/2013

My parents wanted to know if I was uncut

by Anonymousreply 206/30/2013

Nope. My dad was a hippie. He confessed to me that when he was a teen in Brooklyn he had a relationship with another boy, and that he was the bottom. I remember being a little shocked.

My ex came out to his Dad who responded by saying: "Well, I've wanted to tell you something as well. I'm bisexual."

by Anonymousreply 306/30/2013

Do most straight people even think about that? heh.

by Anonymousreply 406/30/2013

My parents didn't care as long as I didn't bottom. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 506/30/2013

R4, R5, Rumors among straights are that tops are more masculine than bottoms. Also that there's less chances of getting a disease. Weird and stupid? Of course. There's so much misinformation/crazy junk out there you would literally not believe it.

Ask any member of a minority group about all the ridiculous stuff he/she has been asked. LOL

by Anonymousreply 606/30/2013

Bottoms are at a higher risk from STDs, but that's not what concerned my mom. She wanted to know how much I had declined in the masculinity department.

by Anonymousreply 706/30/2013

I thought it was a curious question to be asked.

by Anonymousreply 806/30/2013

That subject never came up, it was more like...why would you choose to be gay? After some explanation that it's just the way it is and I would rather live out of the closet than in the closet....we have an understanding...we don't discuss it much...

by Anonymousreply 906/30/2013

My dad broke my cherry so it was a non-issue.

by Anonymousreply 1006/30/2013

My mother wanted to know if I would be wearing dress when I got off the plane to visit them. I assured her I wouldn't be wearing a dress unless it was Halloween then probably I would. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 1106/30/2013

Yikes. What parent discusses this??

by Anonymousreply 1207/01/2013

After the Newlywed Reunion special aired, my mother texted me that our whole family was shocked and embarrassed at the news that I was a bottom, and then she made me promise not to mention enemas at the 4th of July family picnic.

by Anonymousreply 1307/01/2013

When I came out to my family, my dad said, please don't tell me that you're the bottom and my older brother said of course he's the bottom, then my sister chimed in, that it was foolish to think that I wasn't the bottom. My mom told them to leave me alone for being a bottom. I have never been so insulted in my life. Yes, I am a bottom, but it was insulting for them to just assume.

by Anonymousreply 1407/01/2013

Why is this even relevant when you come out????

the answer is "that's between me and the man I love"!!!!!!

(gross)

by Anonymousreply 1507/01/2013

When I came out to my Greek grandmother, she asked me, "Are you the man or the woman?"

I said to her, "We're both men. That's the point."

"Yes,yes," she said, "but who's on top?"

True story.

by Anonymousreply 1607/01/2013

My ex told his dad "I'm the top" right in front of me. I thought that was weird. When he tried to fuck me that night, I flipped on him. Fucked him and said "now you can tell your dad you're versatile." That relationship ended that weekend.

by Anonymousreply 1707/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.