Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jennifer Lopez to Perform at Lavish Birthday Party for Brutal Dictator

Jenny from "the block" will perform tonight at the birthday celebration of Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov, leader of Turkmenistan, which Human Rights Watch has called "one of the world's most repressive countries."

J.lo is the first Western star in a long time to visit the former Soviet republic, which imprisons journalists and human rights activists.

Lopez's choreographer, J.R. Taylor, wondered where all his Turkmen Twitter followers were:

The Turkmenistan Breeze feels amazing at night Kidz! I wonder were all my Turkmenistan followers are!? Hit me up!

They probably weren't at the $2 billion Caspian Sea resort where Berdymukhamedov will celebrate his 56th birthday.

The China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), which completed a pipeline from Turkmenistan to China in 2009, sponsored J. Lo's tribute to the leader of a state where there's currently an "unrelenting crackdown on independent civil society activism and freedom of expression," according to HRW.

by Anonymousreply 5107/01/2013

And what an amazing performer she is

by Anonymousreply 106/29/2013

Confirmation No. 47,872 the she's a whore.

by Anonymousreply 206/29/2013

Doesn't she have enough money?

by Anonymousreply 306/29/2013

So what? Why are you bitches uptight about her making money? There is no such thing as enough money.

by Anonymousreply 406/29/2013

[quote]There is no such thing as enough money.

And, apparently, no such thing as a conscience to you.

by Anonymousreply 506/29/2013

or morality.

well...except when on one's deathbed. then money becomes irrelevant, and you realize you're dying all alone and that nobody really cares about YOU.

lots of pain and regret for those suckers.

by Anonymousreply 606/29/2013

She is slime! She'll travel half way around the world for a paycheck...such a dumb ho! She's not the only celeb to perform for these fucking dictators. Don't these celebs care about human rights? Why doesn't she stop in North Korea while she's at it...SMH!!

by Anonymousreply 706/29/2013

She's done a lot worse for a lot less money.

by Anonymousreply 806/29/2013

JLo could never sing. She can dance, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 906/29/2013

I think it's pretty awful when the stars go to a lot of those countries, like Dubia. I mean, those people own slaves, how sick is that?

by Anonymousreply 1006/29/2013

I know, R10. It's a good thing that there was an overthrow in Labia. They've been cunning terrists for years.

by Anonymousreply 1106/29/2013

She's getting $10 million. I'd do it.

by Anonymousreply 1206/29/2013

LOL R2 do you think she'll put out for him for a large sum of cash?

by Anonymousreply 1306/29/2013

Let's face it. She getting older and is going to grab at anything that will insure a comfy retirement once the offers stop.

by Anonymousreply 1406/29/2013

Why doesn't this dude save a lot of dough and just watch her videos on youtube? That talent-free skank can't do shit live.

by Anonymousreply 1506/29/2013

"Doesn't she have enough money?"

There was a rumor that she took the AI gig because she was broke, she'd spent everything she ever earned on high living and unwise projects. And there was another rumor that she'd left Marc because of his huge tax problems, his debts would sink her if she stayed.

Every celebrity lies about their net worth, and spends whatever they've got on looking too rich to need work.

by Anonymousreply 1606/29/2013

Jennifer Lopez has hundreds of millions of dollars. She doesn't do these things because she's broke. She does them because she's a greedy whore.

by Anonymousreply 1706/29/2013

[quote]Doesn't she have enough money?

Greedy people can't ever get enough money.

by Anonymousreply 1806/29/2013

More proof J-Ho has no soul. Good God, she's been the person you love to hate since Gigli infamously flopped. That was ten years ago.

I wish she and Madonna would both die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 1906/29/2013

One of JLo's homes is practically within walking distance of the Pimp Mama K abode.

Birds of a feather...

by Anonymousreply 2006/29/2013

R10, how is what they do in "Dubia" any different than American corporations profiting from child labor and sweatshops? A lot of it in your closet, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 2106/29/2013

Somebody link to the interesting thread about self-whoring stars at Cannes that eventually got into Qadaffi's son's birthday party where Enrique Iglesias was suggestively paid more than Carmen Electra. I can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 2206/29/2013

R19 what the hell does Madonna have to do wih this? She would never do what Lopez is doing?

Not when she's still selling out arenas and stadiums and earning $125 million last year

Only Madonna

by Anonymousreply 2306/29/2013

Jennifer Lopez left the cement to dry on her new Hollywood Walk of Fame star and jetted off to a Caspian Sea resort in Turkmenistan to perform for leader Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov’s 56th birthday celebration on Saturday. AFP reports that a culture ministry confirmed J.Lo’s arrival in the Central Asian state, known mostly for its "vast gas reserves and a dismal human rights record." (Opposition activists and reporters there are frequently harassed and jailed, and Internet use is heavily restricted and censored.) Lopez is believed to be the first major Western celebrity to visit the Muslim country, and she reportedly made quite an impression, "[dancing] with half-naked backing dancers" and later donning traditional Turkmen clothing to sing "Happy birthday, Mr. President" for an "enthusiastic" crowd of government officials, ambassadors, and CEOs of state-run companies.

Earlier in the day, tweets from @JLoDancers and choreographer J.R. Taylor praised the breeze and jetskis in the resort town of Avaza, so it seems like everybody had a pretty good time. But, if Hilary Swank 2012 appearance at Chechen dictator Ramzan Kadyrov's birthday or Mariah Carey, Usher, and Beyoncé's performances for the Qaddafis are any precedent, we won't be surprised if Jenny from the Soviet bloc(k) encounters some backlash for the trip.

by Anonymousreply 2406/29/2013

[quote]Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov’s 56th birthday celebration

Christ, I hope the bakery didn't have to put the whole name on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 2506/29/2013

Well, Turkmenistan can't be any worse than the South Bronx, so this will work out well for her.

by Anonymousreply 2606/29/2013

Good for her, she may help break down some barriers to free expression in that country.

by Anonymousreply 2806/29/2013

R28 HAS to be a parody.

by Anonymousreply 2906/29/2013

JLO is now a member of the motion picture Academy.

Madonna is still waiting for her invite.

by Anonymousreply 3006/29/2013

R30 actually Madonna has been a member of the motion picture Academy for years.

If you Google celebs who are members of the Academy Madonna pops up on like every list

Despite having fame from TV Oprah is too

In interviews from early 2006, Madonna made it clear that she was voting for Brokeback Mountain as Best Picture

by Anonymousreply 3106/29/2013

R16 Marc is gay, and so are Ben, and that other dude who was gay and out who she was with after Ben.

by Anonymousreply 3206/29/2013

[quote] If you Google celebs who are members of the Academy Madonna pops up on like every list

So why doesn't Patty Duke pop up as a member of the Academy?

by Anonymousreply 3306/29/2013

R33 she might not still be a member, I know she was at one time.

by Anonymousreply 3406/29/2013

"Marc is gay, and so are Ben, and that other dude who was gay and out who she was with after Ben."

R32, I haven't heard that about Marc before. Really?

by Anonymousreply 3506/29/2013

[quote]Lopez's choreographer, J.R. Taylor, wondered where all his Turkmen Twitter followers were: The Turkmenistan Breeze feels amazing at night Kidz! I wonder were all my Turkmenistan followers are!? Hit me up!

What a douche.

by Anonymousreply 3606/29/2013

[quote]If you Google celebs who are members of the Academy Madonna pops up on like every list

[quote]Despite having fame from TV Oprah is too

Being nominated for an Academy Award pretty much guarantees an actor will be invited to be a member of the Academy.

by Anonymousreply 3706/29/2013

Anyone who's performed for Obama, Bush, Mandela, and many other 'respected' figures can be accused of the exact same thing.

by Anonymousreply 3806/29/2013

If this guy will inflict a J. Lo performance on his friends and family, I can't imagine the cruelty toward his actual enemies.

by Anonymousreply 3906/29/2013

The media can make anyone look respectable, just look at Trayvon Martin. Here is another example:

by Anonymousreply 4006/29/2013

Rachet hoe!!

by Anonymousreply 4106/29/2013

R35 Marc also has tiny meat and shows it off, apparently while hard he is the size of an acorn or very small mushroom.

by Anonymousreply 4206/29/2013

r33 try again Ms. Duke is a member of the Academy. As a matter of fact she even tweeted about it when she received her ballots.

by Anonymousreply 4307/01/2013

Didn't see it posted but here she is performing.

Love the bit at the start where she shouts "Turkmenistan!" and about 3 people cheer.

by Anonymousreply 4407/01/2013

I read that she got paid $1.5 million, which I thought would be chump change to Ms. Lopez.

by Anonymousreply 4507/01/2013

He probably invited her out of respect for her own skills. No one could match her for brutality and dictatorial behavior.

by Anonymousreply 4607/01/2013

"Love the bit at the start where she shouts "Turkmenistan!" and about 3 people cheer."

Cheering is difficult when you're busy covering your moose knuckle. You see, we love and ride our camels into battle and Ms. Lopez must have been riding one onto the stage, based on the large protruding camel toe from underneath her short dress. You don't often see a lady's labia majora on display in these parts.

by Anonymousreply 4707/01/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4807/01/2013

Did she donate the money to charity like other celebs have done when they found out they performed for a bad person?

by Anonymousreply 4907/01/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5007/01/2013

I am beginning to think she's not very popular here.

by Anonymousreply 5107/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!