Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Alec Baldwin Apologizes For Homophobic Tweets

Alec Baldwin has apologized to a New York City-based lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights group for a series of tweets that could be interpreted as homophobic.

He can apologize all he wants...Alec Baldwin needs anger management therapy.

by Anonymousreply 2007/02/2013

[quote]the former star of "The Sopranos" James Gandolfini (gan-dahl-FEE'-nee).

What the hell?

by Anonymousreply 106/29/2013

Alec is just a grumpy old dude who hates just about everyone. He's an equal opportunity hater. He'll go to his grave apologizing for something he said the week before.

by Anonymousreply 206/29/2013

His explanation for how "queen" doesn't mean gay to him, was pretty tortured. Even if he'd called the guy a "faggot", he'd try to lie his way out of it pretending he didn't mean it "that way." He'd say the word means "asshole" to him, or something like that. By giving us this line that words mean something else entirely to him, he's not really apologizing at all. He'll do it again, he's explained he's done nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 306/29/2013

Well he said something hateful about gays so i'll be waiting to hear that capital one has fired him. Paula Deen got fired for saying something years ago so they have to fire him, right??

by Anonymousreply 406/29/2013

He should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 506/29/2013

The Philharmonic needs to fire him as spokesman and kick him off their board.

by Anonymousreply 606/29/2013

This guy is such a major miserable mean creep. What dose DL keep forgiving this fool? He is extremely arrogant and he has put down gay people many times in the past. Ditch the looser!

by Anonymousreply 706/29/2013

Some celebs seem to get away with bad behavior over and over. He has used homophobic before, as well as the "N word". Still works constantly and gets endorsement deals. Even the lame-os at GLADD came to his defense.

I'm always puzzled to see some a-holes, like Mel Gibson, get vilified (justifiably) while others get a pass.

by Anonymousreply 806/29/2013

If I were Capital One, I would fire him, rehire him, pull his chest hair and fire him again!

by Anonymousreply 906/29/2013

I am sure he is not homophobic but I am also sure he has a dangerous knee jerk reaction to situations that is scary. The fact that one tweet was not enough makes me wonder what he would do over a really serious issue.

by Anonymousreply 1006/29/2013

"Get off my lawn !!"

by Anonymousreply 1106/29/2013

[quote]What dose DL keep forgiving this fool? ... Ditch the looser!

I double-dog dear you.

by Anonymousreply 1206/29/2013

It's nice that he's a "liberal" , but he's just another stupid straight guy with a decades-younger (pregnant) golddigger (soon-to-be-ex) wife.

His outbursts have made him very tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 1306/29/2013

Alec gets a lot of support here because she is the Queen of Pointless Bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 1406/29/2013

[quote]Well he said something hateful about gays so i'll be waiting to hear that capital one has fired him. Paula Deen got fired for saying something years ago so they have to fire him, right??

Why? Was there some sort of law passed that I haven't heard about?

Or are you lamely trying to score points because you're pissed someone got punished for saying "nigger?" I'm gonna go with the latter.

Paula Deen was fired by private companies once the public sentiment about her became so negative that it made no sense to keep her on as a company spokesperson. If people make the same stink about Alec Baldwin and his use of the word "queen," it's possible, but not likely, the same could happen to him.

by Anonymousreply 1506/29/2013

Your last line r13, exactly. Enough is enough, he was tolerated for quite a while but never tried to change one bit. And even now, he still won't admit that he's the problem, not the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 1606/29/2013

If you think his homophobic rants are bad, you should hear what he says when he's yelling at me.

by Anonymousreply 1706/29/2013

How do you like him now?

by Anonymousreply 1806/29/2013

if he were conservative...

by Anonymousreply 1907/02/2013

And to think Alex seriously wanted to run for mayor of this fine city! What a joke that would have been. At least Bloomberg has $$$ to back up his nanny tendencies. Alec got plenty of nuttin.'

by Anonymousreply 2007/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!