Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

No Book For Paula Deen

More bad news for the dairy queen: Random House just announced it will not print Paula Deen's upcoming book, Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up. Following a flood of pre-orders in the wake of Deen's deposition scandal, the book soared to #1 on Amazon

by Anonymousreply 15107/12/2013

Paula Deen being raked over the coals is overkill. She is not a mass gunman. Let the punishment fit the crime. She also did not sleep as a married woman with multiple partners like some famous athletes have done.

by Anonymousreply 106/29/2013

This has really gone way overboard. She apologized several times, lost millions of endorsements, way more then the person suing her would have ever got.

It just typical America build them up so we can knock them down, fallowed by the redemption.

I never liked or her or cared for her shows but this is out of control. Why don't we give this kind of badgering to some of our politicians who actually affect our daily lives?

Can we get off this crazy religious train already?

by Anonymousreply 506/29/2013

Sadly, Paula Deen, who has helped many people get their careers off the ground or expanded by featuring them, including the Neely's, is a very large target.

When you are that visible, even if you have not made an error or tort, someone is out to get something from you.

Unfortunately Paula Deen did not get lawyers to handle this situation or transgression or what ever transpired taken care of. There seems no Damage Control by those who make lots of money from her.

I felt she did not have to apologize to the entire United States on television. With all the real criminals running the streets and repeat offenders out there committing more crimes, this is way over the top. Paula Deen has been raked over the coals despite helping many and being a role model of success in America.

by Anonymousreply 606/29/2013

The one time I watched her show she had Michelle Obama on way before it was clear he would win.

I remember her saying, " if you' all win the presidency will you invite me to the White House?"

That dose not sound like someone who hates black people. She even gave them a platform since they were just on the campaign trail.

by Anonymousreply 806/29/2013

Here you go, Michelle = Paula

by Anonymousreply 1206/29/2013

Paula Deen is only a victim of her own ignorance. In life we all make mistakes and we all pay for the mistakes that we make. However most of us are not multi-millionaires. I not certain why struggling middle and lower class people are so worried about a multi-millionaire. I doubt Paula lost any sleep over any of your problems. Paula is not bankrupt. She's rich and she has thousands of people who love/support her. What do you people who support her have. Who cares if corporations aren't kissing her ass anymore. She built and empire solely off her image. She didn't have sense enough to protect that image. No one did anything to her. She did this to herself. If I build an empire out of an anti drug/alcohol image and corporations pay me millions for that image; then I proceed to destroy my own image. I deserve to suffer the consequences. I would have no one to blame but me. Paula is a victim of Paula.

by Anonymousreply 1406/29/2013

She'll self-publish on Amazon and it'll get to #1, watch.

by Anonymousreply 1506/29/2013

It's bizarre that her publisher would drop her. Why? No one pays attention to who publishes what book. It makes me suspicious that there is much, much more to this than we realize. The publisher was set to make money with little fallout so why did they drop her?

by Anonymousreply 1606/29/2013

They said her book has become a high demand and yet the publisher will not honor the customer's demand.Also, Paula's Facebook page has grown greatly.

by Anonymousreply 1706/29/2013

What R14 said.

This is not overkill. You silly gooses. She will do just fine, her restaurants are doing great. The only difference is she won't be getting her million dollar paychecks--boohoo.

Anyone see that you-tube video where she was talking about some great granddad who was a plantation owner? She said after the Civil War was over, they took away his 'workers' and it was very sad that he went from 30 'workers' to none. Duh, they were slaves and got their freedom, bitch! I hate hearing ignorant talk like that and I hope she never appears in public again.

by Anonymousreply 1806/29/2013

Completely agree with R14 and R18.

She's not paying my bills and doesn't care about my problems, so I really don't give a damn about hers.

by Anonymousreply 1906/29/2013

You can't expect companies to tarnish their brands by saying it's all right to use the n-word, especially in an employment situation.

It's not punishment, it's fallout. Who wants to be associated with that? Apparently she had a lot to lose.

by Anonymousreply 2106/29/2013

This really is a collapse. I think it's turning people in her favor. Everyday there is a new sponsor that drops her.

by Anonymousreply 2206/29/2013

She ain't really sorry anyways, those apologies were so fake, c'mon, even Stevie wonder could see that.

What I find most shocking is that she wanted black people to play slaves at a wedding! She didn't think there was anything wrong with that?? Totally racist and plus uttering the N word...

Do you really believe the last time she used it was 25yrs ago? Who is she trying to fool?

by Anonymousreply 2406/29/2013

Like Kramer and Don Imus she is completely finished.

Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 2506/29/2013

R25, I think Don Imus is doing fine and he still has a radio program.

R24, there has been reports that slave wedding is BS and it was an idea that never materialized. She hasn't commented on that part of the scandal.

Like I have mentioned din a previous thread on this Paula Deen scandal, this is very reminiscent of the Salem witch trials and the Red Scare. Stop repeating history!

by Anonymousreply 2606/29/2013

R10, the Daily Hate Mail doesn't like gays or "foreigners" much either.

by Anonymousreply 2706/29/2013

[quote] this frenzy to destroy a human being so thoroughly and publically is all batshit psychotic behavior.

Oh, Mary. Calm the fuck down. A publisher declined her book. She wasn't raped and stoned in the town square. Get a hold of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 2806/29/2013

Oh, please, whiners. I have one word for you, uttered one time only:

by Anonymousreply 2906/29/2013

The people defending this cunt are not "white gays" they are straight republican racist trolls who have no place on this board.

by Anonymousreply 3006/29/2013

I hate biblical comparisons but this is truly one of those "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" type things. Everyone is racist, a little bit or a lot, but everyone is racist.

by Anonymousreply 3106/29/2013

Don Imus has a radio show that no one listens to.

by Anonymousreply 3206/29/2013

R26, it's nothing like the Salem witch trials. She provided the deposition. She admitted her behaviour which was in keeping with the attitudes in her place of employment that make up the basis of the civil suit. What? Just because she's Paula Deen she should be give a free pass on sexual and racial harassment in her company?

Some of you are so emotive you can't see the forest for the trees. It's tarnished other companies brands to say, "Oh that's all right, she's Paula Deen." If you're a meant to add value to a brand and suddenly you become the story and lightening rod for controversy, you're of no use to a brand anymore. It's that simple.

She should just go back to basics, focus on her restaurants and do some serious community and social outreach.

by Anonymousreply 3306/29/2013

R30, screw off and get lost some where in the dessert.

R31 she said that very thin in her interview with Matt Lauer. I agree with her. So many point the finger yet those very people who point the finger have made mistakes in their lives or said some things they wished they never said etc. This is such a hypocritical absurdity.

They were mentioning that people want her to talk to Jesse Jackson. Why the hell should she talk to that crook! Like R29 pointed out, Jesse Jackson is highly antisemitic and he has the nerve to act like mister holier than though? What an opportunist creep. There was an interview with an African American who said Jesse Jackson looks out for opportunities to stay in the spotlight, look out for number one and boost his image. She said he doesn't care about the African American community nor anyone else. Also, Al Sharpton is another Anti-Semite who calls Jews diamond merchants and other derogatory things. If Jesse Jackson offers to talk to her she should say, you deal with your own issues and butt out!!

by Anonymousreply 3406/29/2013

That song "Everyone's A Little Bit Rascist" from the show Ave.Q should be her new theme song- done in country western style- with banjos.

by Anonymousreply 3506/29/2013

"Like I have mentioned din a previous thread on this Paula Deen scandal, this is very reminiscent of the Salem witch trials and the Red Scare. Stop repeating history!"

You should probably learn a little history yourself--more than a little.

All this hysteria reminds me of the study done on people with strict religious beliefs: they have no comprehension that their actions have consequences. I'm guessing now is the time for Paula Deen to understand that consequences are real. And they can be a bitch. (Like Paula herself).

by Anonymousreply 3606/29/2013

I think it's wonderful that we as a culture are thoroughly punishing someone for being a fucking idiot for once.

by Anonymousreply 3706/29/2013

Two points.

Deen's book was cancelled because the publisher knew Target, Walmart and K-Mart would not stock it. That pretty much sums up the state of publishing.

In addition to the Paula Deen story breaking this June the ACLU also released arrest data for marijuana possession. Although marijuana use among whites and African-Americans is basically the same nationally an African-American is 3.7 times more likely to be arrested. Some states like Illinois are really bad (AA 15% of population 58% or arrests - fyi beats every southern state)

So we find out a woman whose only real influence has been for years to use lots of butter which then became not so much butter is a racist. The nation explodes.

We get yet more confirmation that for whatever reason the actions of law enforcement in the US has significant racist outcomes. No national discussion.

Would it be a fair trade to completely ignore Deen and let her off the hook and take all this energy and press time and focus it on systemic racism in law enforcement?

How much impact would it have if WalMart instead of dropping Paula Deen would agree to close it doors once a month in communities with particularly egregious AA arrest rates?

Attacking Paula Deen is easy and involves little sacrifice. Addressing racism in law enforcement is very difficult and probably would have short term negative consequences for middle-class white liberals.

by Anonymousreply 3806/29/2013

The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Sadly no one is using this moment to discuss the real issue: Racism is still a much bigger problem in this country then anyone cares to admit.

I am also think our country's internalized racism contributes to the problem.

Paula's been punished. Let's talk about the bigger issues.

And you know if she had called some waiter a fag, this wouldn't have been nary a blip on anyone's radar.

by Anonymousreply 3906/29/2013

Once again, Zak, the lawsuit against Paula and her history of comments suggest this is more than a one time thing so your comparison is a weak one.

by Anonymousreply 4006/29/2013

Paula is toxic not because she said the N word 25 years ago. In her deposition and the lawsuit, she looks to be a racist to the bone! If she did not think she was racist, then she is the least aware person ever.

She has been accused of using racist language, telling racist jokes and forcing black employees use separate bathrooms and entrances, AND she wished she could stage a wedding with all black servers!

These are serious accusations. The media hooked on the N word, but the real issue is much bigger than that.

Her sponsors see that. Their lawyers must have combed through the deposition and the lawsuit and they see she is toxic.

by Anonymousreply 4206/29/2013

I was in a magazine store yesterday and they still had some of Paula Deen's recipe magazines for sale. You won't be seeing them for much longer once they get out of current circulation.

by Anonymousreply 4306/29/2013

R4, aka Early AM Racist Troll, only exists to annoy you.

Don't let him. Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 4506/29/2013

What R23 said, multiplied by 1,000,000!

by Anonymousreply 4606/29/2013

Educate yourself, R39. That's always been the key.

by Anonymousreply 4706/29/2013

What R42 said, multiplied by infinity.

But people dont want to know the facts. They have their own agenda.

by Anonymousreply 4806/29/2013

I never said it R23. I am 48.

One more thing, her entire story is bogus - as Wanda Sykes said last night - when you have a gun to your head you say YES SIR - not the N word. Would you really do something to further piss him off?

by Anonymousreply 4906/29/2013

Obviously neither Wanda Sykes nor you bothered to read the deposition, R49. Deen did not call the criminal the N word while he had a gun to her head. She said it happened when the incident was over and she was recounting it to her husband.

by Anonymousreply 5106/29/2013

There has to be more to it than what we see. The companies wouldn't drop her so quickly if they stood to make money from her. She must be terrible to deal with, and companies are just using this as an excuse to get out of their contracts with her. There's no way there'd be this much reaction if she were well-liked and respected over what she did and said. People who know her must really really not like her.

by Anonymousreply 5206/29/2013

Exactly, r52. There is more to this story.

by Anonymousreply 5306/29/2013

People will start feeling sorry for her very soon.

by Anonymousreply 5406/29/2013

I already do, R54.

by Anonymousreply 5506/29/2013

I'd never heard of the separate bathroom/entrance for black employees. That's worse than everything else IMO. Why doesn't the media ask her about this?

by Anonymousreply 5606/29/2013

She's being dropped because of the damning accusations in the lawsuit: racism, sexism, unequal pay. They are serious allegations. No corporate sponsors want any part of that from a client who has based her entire celebrity off of being a lovable, sweet little southern woman.

If people would actually bother to read up on the case, they would understand why she's being dropped like a hot rock. Mainstream media is partially to blame for fully reporting the allegations.

by Anonymousreply 5706/29/2013

This is the first I've heard of the "separate entrances" thing, too, R56.

by Anonymousreply 5806/29/2013

Make that "NOT fully reporting the allegations."

The separation entrances (and bathrooms) allegation is listed in the civil complaint, R58.

by Anonymousreply 6006/29/2013

R52 - On the surface it seemed pretty clear to me. Deen did more damage to an already damaged brand. Then it became about risk management for her vendor partners.

But I agree with you - I think there is more to this story. How difficult was she to work with - and does the damage to her brand make it just not worth it?

I find it hard to believe that her attorneys and PR folks let that deposition get so far out of hand. I think she was probably ignoring everyone's advice. Which is the real problem she has with sponsors.

Don't you think someone would have told her to throw her brother under the bus, apologize and settle before the case even got to the deposition stage? Or if it did get to that stage - not recall whether she used the n-word?

by Anonymousreply 6106/29/2013

I think there are so many factors at play here.

On the business end, her sponsors have every right to terminate her contract. As others have mentioned, there is much more to her comments and actions than uttering that hateful word.

On the public/social side, yes, the "N" word has become the focus of the pitchfork rally but they (consumers) are what drive sales and determine profit margins and when someone's brand has been tarnished, they become toxic to those who promote that brand.

It is overkill? Not really. If you or I were to utter a racial slur in the workplace, we would be terminated on the spot. Paula just happens to be a public figure and the press jumps on any available carcass to feed their own financial bottom line.

Is there a mob mentality at play? Of course. But, again, unless the press has skewed this lawsuit and the deposition in favor of the plaintiff (unlikely) well, she (Paula)alone is responsible for her behavior and her actions. And she is now paying the ultimate business price for those actions.

What if all of this information was known before she became a public figure? She would never have been given a TV deal and no one would have been knocking down her door to offer sponsorships and stamp her name on every ridiculous household item in existence. I think she had a pretty damn good run and made multiple millions before the truth surfaced

I'm sure she will rise from the ashes working independently of sponsors. She will maintain her core base of customers and she will again build her business, just on a much smaller level.

As that old saying goes...The bigger they are the harder they fall.

R4, I've never used the "N" word. I have, however used the term "ignorant douche bag", and I shall now apply that term to you.

by Anonymousreply 6206/29/2013

Exactly, R59.

by Anonymousreply 6306/29/2013

R39, Zak - it is NOT a punishment! It is fallout from her tarnishing of her own brand! Jeez, thick or what?

When your brand becomes "racist Southern white lady who previously deceived and withheld her own personal health information while ruining the arteries of others" it's sort of GAME OVER. Y'know, unless you like that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 6406/29/2013

What R64 said.

Dean was already on thin ice with the diabetes thing. She put the nail in her own coffin.

by Anonymousreply 6506/29/2013

Bubba reminds me all too much of Billy, that awful drunk brother of Jimmy Carter's. Bill Clinton also had a fuckup brother, Roger. Maybe it's a Southern thing, the family alcoholic who's there to make sure nothing goes smoothly and to provide a helping hand to those who are adversarial to their siblings.

During Carter's administration, Billy decided it was a good idea to get involved in a series of business transactions with the Libyan government. Wisely, Jimmy Carter chose to disassociate himself from Billy and let him take the brunt of an investigation without interceding on his behalf. Paula should take a lesson from him.

Nearly all of the allegations in the complaint against Paula Deen et al. were based on the actions and behavior of her brother and sons. Maybe she needs to cut all three of them loose, because they are clearly incompetent. Instead, she keeps giving them more money, power and control. If she's not shooting herself in the foot, they'll volunteer to do it for her.

It would be wise for her to hire professional managers if she decides to rebuild her brand. Not that they won't screw up too, but at least she can fire them without having to live with the repercussions during Thanksgiving dinner.

by Anonymousreply 6606/29/2013

This seems to have surfaced in March of 2012. why is the media NOW running with it?

by Anonymousreply 6706/29/2013

Its just corporate groupthink. No one wants to be the only company supporting her. I honestly don't think the public at large has ill will towards her. She'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 6806/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 6906/29/2013

r70 how do you know that? Have you been to most diamond merchants???

And, so what even if they are?

Should someone in the media call out Jews for it? That is reprehensible and racist.

by Anonymousreply 7106/29/2013

I have not been able to stand her since it came out that she kept her diabetes a secret until she was able to get an endorsement deal out of it.

by Anonymousreply 7206/29/2013

I can't believe her attorneys didn't make her shut her big mouth when she talked about an all-black waitstaff during that deposition. That was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 7306/29/2013

just skimmed the deposition. Her brother was a piece of work and she brushes off viewing pornography (as alleged) at the workplace. He was apparently a coke addict.

She went back and forth on her testimony. At first she said no to the separate bathrooms, but then she admits that a cook shouldn't come out all dirty to use the customer bathroom. She wasn't sure if (as alleged) the front of house staff (who are all white) used the custmoer bathroom.

She says she "can't judge" a lot w/regard to pornography and inappropriate remarks in the workplace.

I really didn't read carefully, but a quick skim and there is no way you'd want this person representing your company. Surprised her nonchalance about the pornography stuff hasn't come out.

by Anonymousreply 7406/29/2013

R59 I've said this same thing over and over. Unfortunately no one is interested in the facts. They are only interested spouting their own bullshit opinions and grandly placing their ignorance on display. These ridiculous people are outraged with Walmart's treatment of Paula. However they are not outraged with Walmart's treatment of its employees; who are paid so little the depend upon public assistance to survive. Forcing the government to subsidize the Walton families billion dollar empire. These bat shit crazy people are not outraged by Smithfield Foods who treats their employees like slaves. Paula Deen is a different story. "OHHH MY LORDY They is afta PAULER. Our po dear PAULER. We is not gone stand fo this. Mama get my shot gone. Its the nigras that did this. I's gone get um.

by Anonymousreply 7506/29/2013

[quote]Its the nigras that did this.

Did Paula actually say "nigger," or was it "nigra"? I had friends whose mother was from Memphis, and she would say "nigra" all the time. It was the way she pronounced "negro," which in her time was the correct bit of nomenclature (she'd be 92 if she were alive today).

It took some of us northerners a bit of getting used to, but that's how she said it.

by Anonymousreply 7606/29/2013

"Obviously neither Wanda Sykes nor you bothered to read the deposition, [R49]. Deen did not call the criminal the N word while he had a gun to her head. She said it happened when the incident was over and she was recounting it to her husband."

First of all R51, you are 100% correct. I did not read the deposition and I have no knowledge of Wanda's reading material.

That being said, the entire story of her only using the word that one time is bullshit. I am going out on a limb here R51, so don't ask me for my proof. By all accounts her own actions and behavior just regarding the diabetes are enough to make her worthy of condemnation.

The allegations stated in the case are enough to make a person sick and those defending her are just racists themselves.

by Anonymousreply 7706/29/2013

I’m calling bullshit on [R10]’s link. I’m from the Coastal Empire and I’m friends with half of a gay couple who contract for, and socialize with Paula and she’s never been anything other than nice to them and very candid and Sweet. My friend’s partner whose worked with Paula back when she just had The Lady and Sons has even brought his parents to Paula’s Christmas Parties. I’ve been subjected to never ending rants about Paula this, and Paula that to the point that I hated getting to a party to find them there. Paula like all modern women seems to love her gays…

I’m sure that Paula has used the word faggot at some point in her life, probably Jew or wetback too… But tell me, are any of you people the same person that you were a decade ago? People change, and when someone’s world expands they tend to see things in far less narrow ways.

by Anonymousreply 7806/29/2013

R76 I was speaking in a hillbilly dialect for comic effect. Paula has trouble pronouncing many words correctly but I don't what her pronunciation of the nword is. I would suggest that you and anyone else who wants to discuss the case read the court documents.

by Anonymousreply 8006/29/2013

[quote]It's bizarre that her publisher would drop her. Why? No one pays attention to who publishes what book.

Don't underestimate! Facebook is full of posts like this today.

by Anonymousreply 8106/29/2013

Oh, give us a break, Zak, R75, et al. You assume all Americans are as knowledgeable about labor practices as perhaps you and I are. It's not happymaking, but regrettably most people don't know squat about Smithfield, and don't care about Walmart as long as their prices remain low(ish).

Why don't you save your opprobrium for Paula Deen, who HAS been a public representative for those terrible companies, and presumably IS aware of their business practices (or should be, had she done exactly 30 seconds of research; and by "research," I mean "Googling"), yet STILL chose to take their $$$ and shill for these companies you rightfully detest?

by Anonymousreply 8206/29/2013

[quote] What I don't like is that we've all had run ins with niggers. Why do we all pretend like we haven't used that word?

I haven't. I'm 46 and I've never said that word. Most people who know me would call me bitchy. I dislike a lot of people. But I dislike them because they are jerks. Not because of their race

by Anonymousreply 8306/29/2013

I heard Paula was the most racist woman in HISTORY!

by Anonymousreply 8406/29/2013

People are forgetting as well that now is the perfect time to dump her if her products or endorsements have been under performing. It's corporate opportunism as well as legitimate fallout.

by Anonymousreply 8506/29/2013

Why do people think that it's okay for her to want black men at her wedding dressed like antebellum servants?? Even if she never said the N-word, this is just awful. Has she ever even come out to deny the other allegations??? And she's a flat-out liar when she says she only used the N-word once. Lying liars lie.

by Anonymousreply 8606/29/2013

R85 That is a great point. I posted in an earlier thread that her ratings were down 25% in one of her key demographics. I've noticed that a great deal of her various product lines seem to end up at Big Lots and Ollies; which always made me question how well the products were actually doing.

by Anonymousreply 8706/29/2013

[quote]Obviously neither Wanda Sykes nor you bothered to read the deposition. Deen did not call the criminal the N word while he had a gun to her head. She said it happened when the incident was over and she was recounting it to her husband.

But Wanda Sykes needed to lie about the situation or else it wouldn't have gotten a laugh. Pretending that Paula Deen claimed she used the N-word on a guy holding a gun to her head changes the whole Sykes scenario for comic effect.

by Anonymousreply 8806/29/2013

Random House was simply stupid to throw away so much money. Whomever made the decision should be removed ny the shareholders.

Bestselling books aren't that easy to generate. Some other publisher will snatch up a surefire hit, exactly what happened with American Psycho.

by Anonymousreply 8906/29/2013

R88 Paula does state in the deposition that she said the word when later recounting the story to her husband. However she gave the impression on the Today Show that she was actually speaking to the gunman. She really did a poor job of explaining.

by Anonymousreply 9006/29/2013

R59 typed the word! Stone him quick. Poison his family. Find out where he works and have him fired immediately!

by Anonymousreply 9106/29/2013

[quote]Whomever made the decision

by Anonymousreply 9206/29/2013

Oh, dear R92...if you'd only extended your quote by one more word, you'd have caught the other typo.

by Anonymousreply 9406/29/2013

R93 Dear please take your medication and perhaps those voices in your head will stop. You must take it everyday and take every pill. I'm going to have to alert your doctor that you've gone off again. Are any of the voices saying "kill kill kill". I think we might need to do a 5150.

by Anonymousreply 9506/29/2013

I'm not concerned with typos, R94.

"Whomever" when you should have used "whoever," OTOH, that's some serious "Oh, Dear" shit.

by Anonymousreply 9606/29/2013

With every oafish apology Paula Deen has turned up the heat and, for us, she has cooked the books.

by Anonymousreply 9706/29/2013

Paula strikes back, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 9806/29/2013

It sounds as if this could get more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 9906/29/2013

r70 you do not get it.

by Anonymousreply 10006/29/2013

Hoffman Media, which publishes her magazine, is going to publish the cookbook that Random House dropped.

by Anonymousreply 10107/05/2013

Another publisher called Hoffman Media will publish her book as of the news today. Random House backed out despite the potential to make $$$ off all the pre-orders, stupidly. This whole racial slur bullshit witch hunt against an old lady sucks when people all over the south use the slur regularly as the word "fuck." It's just because she's rich. The jealous want her taken down. They don't care about the slur part of it.

by Anonymousreply 10207/05/2013

She's being punished for saying a word that every single person who's posted on this thread has said out loud in their lives. To deny it is a lie.

And all of us have racist beliefs. White, Black, Asian, Latino, it doesn't matter. Everyone has had racist thoughts or feelings. To deny it is a lie.

She admitted she's said the word "nigger" before. At least she admits it, none of you would.

The punishment doesn't fit the crime. It's PC bullshit gone crazy. There are so many more disgusting human beings in this world and especially America who deserve to have their empires ruthlessly ripped from underneath them, but for some reason America has chosen an innocuous old cook from the South.

R13 is right, there are deserved punishments and then there are lynch mobs. We need to find a balance.

Andy Cohen and Ryan Secrest, for instance, are worse in this world than Paula Deen for injecting America with an overdose of cultural poison called the Kardashians and the Real Housewives. Donald Trump is an anti-gay racist slug who has probably said worse things on a daily basis than Paula Deen in 10 years. I don't see any publishers turning down FOX assholes like Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity.

This is a classic case of deflection to get the PC folk all riled up. America loves a good culture war, it helps us ignore the true horrible issues that haunt us daily.

by Anonymousreply 10307/05/2013

No it isn't R103. Your knee jerk reaction is the PC bullshit here: Republican knee-jerk bullshit.

Paula Deen is of course LYING when she says she only used the "n" word once in private after BEING ROBBED! Any idiot can see that, and she has been accused of much else besides, and this is hardly the first time.

by Anonymousreply 10407/05/2013

Pet Gays

by Anonymousreply 10507/05/2013

[quote]There are so many more disgusting human beings in this world

There are more disgusting people on the Food Network.

by Anonymousreply 10607/05/2013

R102 & R103 = two more ignorant cunts who never read the court documents and have no factual knowledge of the court case. However they insist on coming here to repeat the same bullshit arguments that have been repeated ad nauseum across the internet by other ignorant cunts who haven't read the court documents. Thanks but we already know people hate Paula because she's successful. Foreign countries hate Americans because we're so free. Obama hates America because he is a Kenyan Socialist. Trayvon Martin was a thug who deserved to die. Hopefully Fox News compensates you for trolling the internet repeating their bullshit talking points. Thanks again R102 & R103 your ignorance is truly breathtakingly astounding.

by Anonymousreply 10707/05/2013

Leaving aside the plantation fantasy wedding, I'd like to point out to r102 and r103 thatnot many businesses have separate entrances for the back-of-the-house staff, who just happen to be black in this case.

That's a bigger issue and I'm surprised the media hasn't brought it up.

Paula Deen is clearly someone who pines for the old days when all people knew their place and behaved.

by Anonymousreply 10807/05/2013

Has there been any independent verification of the long list of allegations Jackson has made?

by Anonymousreply 10907/05/2013

She's a Dem and definitely not worse than Alec Baldwin yet Baldwin has not been dropped from any of the 3 places he's doing commercials for, he's still listed on 30 Rock, he's still got 2 or 3 films coming out. NOTHING has happened to him. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 11007/05/2013

Alec Baldwin's career is not based upon selling a family friendly sixty something grandmotherly image. I said this before; they only thing Paula Deen has is her image.

by Anonymousreply 11107/05/2013

Racist are missing out on the best sex! Mix and Mingle Ya'll! They lowkey love us, that's why they hate us! PS. And this is sick insider dish. But Paula Deen got a vaginoplasty 6 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 11207/05/2013

R103 is spot on. Good point!

by Anonymousreply 11307/05/2013

She's not being sued for saying that word. She's being sued for unfair, hostile working conditions that black employees say they were subjected to at her restaurants.

And, given that she thought a good idea for a wedding was to have a waitstaff of all black men dressed like antebellum house slaves, it's likely true.

It's not that hard to understand unless you're a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 11407/05/2013

R114 - you seem to have the information I'm interested in.

Which black employees have complained and what are their complaints?

by Anonymousreply 11507/06/2013

PLEASE!!!! Just make that voice go away. Don't go cryin' any butter-y tears for Miz Deen, she won't be in any breadlines soon. Let her go on playing Scarlett O'Hara, it's obviously her favorite thing to do. Should we be surprised her employees put up with her "separate but equal" policies? Jobs are hard to get, and a lot of us have had to put our tails between our legs in one situation or another. Do you think, when she looked in her mirror each morning, she said, "Ain't I wonderful human being? Everybody just seems to LUVVVVVVVVVVVVVV me." How the hell can she live with herself? Just think of all the people who'd be kissin' her ass if she WAS nice?

by Anonymousreply 11607/06/2013

R115 - I'm not particularly sympathetic towards Deen. I was never that interested in her to begin with - in my opinion keeping her diabetes secret while she pushed an unhealthy diet on TV and then switching gears when big pharma gave an endorsement is reason enough to dislike her.

I have to admit I think her background makes her an easier target - and that bothers me. It reeks of classism.

Lisa Jackson has made a series of allegations.

I can't find an independent source which backs up Jackson's allegations. Not a current employee, not a former employee.

You can certainly argue her current restaurant employees may fear for their jobs if they speak-up. That argument becomes harder to make about former employees.

You might even be able to make that argument about people who worked with Deen but were not employed by her before this - but now? The behavior described is so egregious it seems impossible to believe no one witnessed it.

You would think there would be at least one person who would love to go on the Today show and say bad things about Deen - confirming what Jackson said.

Sorry - I guess I'm just stuck on this whole innocent until proven guilty piece.

by Anonymousreply 11707/06/2013

She admits nearly everything, R117, is that not enough?

by Anonymousreply 11807/06/2013

Please don't let her or her sons adopt a black baby for damage control.

by Anonymousreply 11907/06/2013

R118 - No she doesn't.

Read the complaint.

Like most sexual harassment complaints/hostile work environment complaints it is long and detailed. For example Jackson claims African-American employees were required to enter through the back door and use a restroom in the back - white employees didn't have the same restrictions. Show me where Deen admits to that.

As a matter of fact even Jackson admits she never witnessed Deen discriminating against anyone based upon race or sex.

Most of the accusations are against Deen's brother. Show me where Deen admits to witnessing and/or being aware of her brothers' behavior.

by Anonymousreply 12007/07/2013

[quote]Most of the accusations are against Deen's brother. Show me where Deen admits to witnessing and/or being aware of her brothers' behavior.

But as a co-owner of the restaurant she has managerial responsibility. She may or may not have witnessed or known about his behavior, but as an owner and corporate officer, it doesn't remove her responsibility for oversight, does it?

by Anonymousreply 12507/07/2013

R125 - I didn't say she wasn't responsible. I was replying to someone who claimed Deen had admitted to all of the accusations in Jackson's complaint.

Something she clearly hasn't done.

My understanding of the suit is that Deen doesn't have to be found personally responsible - but rather some or all of the defendants in the suit need to be found responsible so the Deen family companies can be held accountable.

The public holding Deen personally responsible is fine with me.

But none of that changes the fact that no current or former employees or associates have publicly come forward to support Jackson's allegations. Certainly Deen has not admitted to all of the allegations. As a matter of fact the only think she has admitted to is the wedding story.

by Anonymousreply 12607/07/2013

Anyone who believes that she really wanting blacks to dress like slaves for a wedding is very gullible.

From now on, when someone holds a gun to your head, be sure to refer to them as 'sir'.

by Anonymousreply 12707/07/2013

R121-124 Is there a reason you needed to post four different times here sequentially. Was it to perhaps prove how far advanced your dementia is? Thanks but we were already aware of the advanced stage and no the government will not be offering an increase in your social security because of it. Do they wake you up periodically at the nursing home and remind you its time to get on the internet and make your daily bitter ignorant racist datalounge post.It's just so wonderful that despite the advanced dementia; you are still able to share your bitter hate and ignorant bigotry. You are quite the bitter elderly treasure. In support of Paula; I recommend that all you devoted fans send her whatever you have in your savings accounts. That way she will at least have a little pocket money. Nothing says I support you more than a monetary donation.

by Anonymousreply 12807/07/2013

Just tar and feather her already. She doesn't deserve to make a living in this country

by Anonymousreply 13107/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 13307/07/2013

R132 - nicely done.

by Anonymousreply 13407/07/2013

What is wrong with you people? THe whole black-guy-holding-a-gun-to-her head thing is NOT what the complaint is about. If it were, you would see a bank employee complaining (years later) about THAT.

I would love to see someone on this forum address: do y'all think Paula should "turn" on her brother? BUsiness is business; family is family.

I am genuinely curious about this aspect.

by Anonymousreply 13507/07/2013

They should leave her alone. Any of you remember whAt happened to Jimmy the Greek?

by Anonymousreply 13607/07/2013

Jimmy the Greek case at link

by Anonymousreply 13707/07/2013

R135 - if Paula knows Jackson's accusations about her brother are true - she should turn on him right now.

Telling the truth about egregious behavior of a family member which put the entire family at risk is acceptable. You don't have to kick them out, you can help them. But don't enable their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 13807/07/2013

R136 You should send poor dear Paula all of the money in your bank account STAT. That is the best way for you to help her. Posting bullshit here on data lounge is not.

by Anonymousreply 13907/07/2013

Seems to me that message is being sent out to racist..."we don't have to accept you anymore. WE ARE SICK OF YOU!"

by Anonymousreply 14007/07/2013

I didn't realize the woman suing Paula Deen is a lesbian in a domestic partnership.

"Summerlin and Jackson began dating approximately two and a half years after Jackson began working at Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House, and Jackson informed her repeatedly of racial and sexual harassment occurring on a daily basis in the workplace at the restaurant, according to her deposition testimony. The pair now share a home in Atlanta, Georgia where Jackson works at Mary Mac’s Tea Room, according to the deposition."

"Summerlin, a nurse practitioner, said it was, ”the same thing over and over, porn over the email, multiple discriminatory remarks regarding sex, sexual orientation, race, gender… It was a constant communication with her and Karl [Schumacher] about fair pay. I mean, I can remember it being as early as maybe fall of 2007, and it went through the end of her [Jackson's] employment.”

Wait till all the Paula Deen Fanatics find out. I'm sure we'll be hearing some choice gay bashing remarks from the supporters soon.

by Anonymousreply 14107/07/2013

R141 Also, the woman is reportedly white.

by Anonymousreply 14207/07/2013

Yes R142 I'm aware she's white. I figured as much after she alleged that after she made a profit for the business, Bubba (Paula's Brother) referred to her as "my little Jew girl."

by Anonymousreply 14307/07/2013

Also Paula Deen's brother has admitted to using the n word at work including using it to reference Obama. He was also a drunk drinking over a gallon and a half of Jack Daniels monthly.

Paula is being sued because she owns the business. She was aware he was a problem. She was advised by several managers & an outside consulting firm to fire him and she refused.

In hindsight she should have fired him & settled this lawsuit out of court.

by Anonymousreply 14507/07/2013

Paula Deen admitted she owns three black slaves. I read it in USA Today. I think it was on an Infographic. Those slaves looked pissed.

by Anonymousreply 14707/08/2013

r145, I do feel a bit bad for Paula because she got burned by standing by her brother.

by Anonymousreply 14907/12/2013

Well, she finally fired the old legal team. Like closing the barn doors after the horses have left...

by Anonymousreply 15007/12/2013

Just desserts for that hateful sow.

by Anonymousreply 15107/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!