Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Convicted Pedophile Priest Claims the Vatican Had a Rentboy Ring

Hold on to your rosaries, this is going to get ugly. Don Patrizio Poggi, a parish priest in Rome who served five years for sexually abusing teenage boys, has filed a complaint with Italian police alleging the existence of a Vatican "rent boy" ring.

According to The Times of London, Poggi claims that a former officer of the Carabinieri, Italy's military police, served as the pimp:

The former Carabinieri police officer pulled up outside a bar known as Twink — slang for a gay youth — next to Rome’s central station. He was driving a Fiat Panda marked “Emergency Blood” so he could easily park. There, he picked up Romanian immigrant “rent-boys”, some underage, for gay encounters with Catholic priests around Rome.

While Poggi's accusation sound like a deeply twisted Stefon sketch, the Times says his allegations "gained some credibility from the fact that he was accompanied by Monsignor Luca Lorusso, an adviser to the Papal Nuncio to Italy, who is himself a confidante of Pope Francis.

Cardinal Agostino Vallini, head of the Catholic Vicariate of Rome, dismissed Poggi's accusations as slander, "motivated perhaps by a spirit of revenge or personal resentment." However, Poggi maintains that he came forward to report an abuse of power:

“The hiring of the boys by the three took place essentially by using their desperation and the lack of means of support that characterised their social condition,” he charged.

by Anonymousreply 2007/01/2013

So they're males with sex drives? How shocking.

by Anonymousreply 106/28/2013

Stating the Obvious.

by Anonymousreply 206/28/2013

If the rent boys were over 18 color me incredulous !!!

by Anonymousreply 306/28/2013

Well, shave my ass and sit me in gin.

by Anonymousreply 406/28/2013

better link

by Anonymousreply 506/28/2013

Why are Priests always attracted to young twink types, don't they ever go for muscle guys?

by Anonymousreply 606/28/2013

I don't think it's a preference issue, R6. Altar boys and eighth graders tend to be what's available.

by Anonymousreply 706/28/2013

"known as Twink — slang for a gay youth"

I love how the article has to decode these things for the Kansans.

by Anonymousreply 806/28/2013

They apparently found their trade on Rent_n_RepentBoys.com.

by Anonymousreply 907/01/2013

Knew about this in sex recovery rooms in NYC. Gay gay gay priests attended in civvies, dished about Cardinals, Vatican culture.

by Anonymousreply 1107/01/2013

I was fucked once by a priest in the French Quarter, I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 1207/01/2013

r1, wtf??

by Anonymousreply 1307/01/2013

Often wondered what went on with Cardinal Spellman and the boys. He was well known for chasing the twinks.

by Anonymousreply 1407/01/2013

[quote]Don Patrizio Poggi, a parish priest in Rome who served five years for sexually abusing teenage boys

[quote]However, Poggi maintains that he came forward to report an abuse of power

I totally believe his story but it's cynical that this shit fucked (desperate) teenage boys and is claiming that he only came forward because "an abuse of power" bothered him.

by Anonymousreply 1507/01/2013

R10 is skeezy.

by Anonymousreply 1607/01/2013

Another one that believes his story.

by Anonymousreply 1707/01/2013

r10 is very skeevy.

by Anonymousreply 1807/01/2013

[quote]Often wondered what went on with Cardinal Spellman and the boys. He was well known for chasing the twinks.

Not true. He was interested in guys in Broadway musicals - beyond the twink stage.

by Anonymousreply 1907/01/2013

urf

by Anonymousreply 2007/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.