Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Your Latest Annoyances?

What irritates you lately?

by Anonymousreply 12508/15/2013

When I bite the inside of my cheek while chewing. It makes me bellow curse words.

by Anonymousreply 106/27/2013

Those cows in the grocery store , who leave their carts in the middle of the aisle, with no sense of anything around them - then give you a dirty look when you move it, to get by.

by Anonymousreply 206/28/2013

I was compelled to report a deaf-mute woman janitor to her superiors in a small-town department store today.

As I was standing at the counter having my purchases rung up, she came along and indicated to me in sign language to step out of the way so she could push a sort of hammer-headed dry-mop across the spot I occupied. I thought about this for a second then smiled and nodded politely, no, deciding that as the paying customer I had a right to occupy the spot on which I stood. She ended up sweeping in a big swooping movement around me and going on her way.

I mentioned this to the cashier who insisted on calling out the manager. They both agreed with me that she was wrong to have asked me to move and assured me that she would be instructed to yield to customers in the future. It was funny because I was not angry but annoyed enough to take a stand. No matter how much of a pissy Mary! you may think me for not accommodating a deaf-mute custodian, I think I actually did her a bigger favor by calling the situation to her superiors attention before she annoyed someone who might take it worse than I did.

by Anonymousreply 406/28/2013

What r2 said...a mom was blocking an entire section of produce in the store yesterday, as she apparently thought it was ok to hand her toddler items to put the cart as she painstakingly made her choices. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 506/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 606/28/2013

People that pay for groceries with food stamps and the magically produce a wad of money to buy beer/wine/cigarettes. Two separate transactions of course.

by Anonymousreply 706/28/2013

I meant, "People who pay ... "

by Anonymousreply 806/28/2013

Kids! What's the matter with kids today?!

by Anonymousreply 906/28/2013

The new 'improved' Flickr.

Anyone with a Flickr account will know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 1006/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 1106/28/2013

R9 annoys the living fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 1206/28/2013

Every. fucking.thing.

(working on this with my shrink!)

by Anonymousreply 1306/28/2013

DIRECT TV commercials. Joe Scarborough.

by Anonymousreply 1406/28/2013

I cant get any appointments to match my schedule for the past few weeks. Groomer, dentist, dr, rheumotologist. No one can accommodate my times and im giving like two weeks advance for these appointments. Yeah petty i know.

by Anonymousreply 1506/28/2013

Fat fraus that leave their shopping cart in the parking lot even though there is a cart corral 4 spots away!

by Anonymousreply 1606/28/2013

Same as R2. I still can't believe some people are so self-absorbed they don't see how this would inconvenience other shoppers.

People in the left lanes on the freeway who leave a mile of space between them and the car in front of them.

Neighbors who are noisy when they have sex.

by Anonymousreply 1706/28/2013

R17. That is normally fat fantasiaquishas not fraus

by Anonymousreply 1806/28/2013

I'm with R1.

by Anonymousreply 1906/28/2013

Speaking of being out and about shopping, it's funny watching people wait forever to get a parking spot right in front of a store instead of driving to an available one not much farther away. All that waiting just so they don't have to walk an extra 20 feet.

by Anonymousreply 2106/28/2013

"Super Storm Sandy"

ENOUGH already! I live in New York, but it was a fucking storm. Get the fuck over it already. The south has hurricanes nearly every fucking year, but of course New York, being New York, must make every event stand out as to have been somehow more suffering, more awful to bare than a storm hitting anywhere else.

The media here refuse to refer to "hurricane Sandy" or "the hurricane".. It's always "SUPER storm Sandy".. On every network affiliate, on every radio station, in every newspaper, spoken by every official.

ENOUGH assholes!

by Anonymousreply 2206/28/2013

Almost everything. I recently moved back to the Midwest, so I'd have to say screaming children, people's obsession with babies and kids. Seeing packs of teenagers in general annoys me.

Tailgaters, bad drivers.

Job interviews and all that goes along with the trying-to-get-a-job game.

by Anonymousreply 2306/28/2013

R25, how nice of you to judge and make choices for other people.

And if you think you're not being robbed blind by the 1%, you're even more oblivious than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 2506/28/2013

Idiot well off middle class people who judge the working poor so harshly and think their lives deserve to be even [italic]rougher[/italic], while turning a blind eye to the crimes and arrogance of the wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 2606/28/2013

Cum Back Down the Shore.

by Anonymousreply 2706/28/2013

My down syndrome neighbor. I keep calling him Corky.

by Anonymousreply 2806/28/2013

R25, many people get food stamps without being on public assistance.

by Anonymousreply 2906/28/2013

A grocery in my neighborhood sells beer to people with food stamps. The clerks don't give receipts. No paper trail.

by Anonymousreply 3006/28/2013

People who wear stinky, filthy, pilly-looking pyjamas and worn-out bedroom slippers in public. All the time. Everywhere. Ewwwwwww.

by Anonymousreply 3106/28/2013

There are so many...... I have to say in general there is an entitlement attitude that women with young children in public have that is big enough to have its own zip code. It seems every store, post office, park, bus, train etc. I go to has them in droves blocking access, slowing lines, demanding attention..... And their kids are allowed to run wild, be the center of attention, and we are looked down upon for not thinking every noise they make, thing they break and mess they make is anything less that cute and amusing..... It's really has come to the point where I only venture out to shop later at night, never mind the movies, I gave up on theaters years ago. When we were kids we got attention, but other than my birthday I was rarely the center. I remember having rules in public, my mother never would have blocked an isle in the market while asking me what type of cereal I wanted, going through every brand on the shelf.....we would never run down the stairs or into an elevator not caring who may already be there and given courtesy and right of way.....I think we really are moving towards a society with no value or respect of's all I have mine now fuck you and go get your own....

by Anonymousreply 3206/28/2013

Living in Manhattan I get annoyed at bicyclists who don't stop at red lights, ride on sidewalks, and the opposite direction on one-way streets.

by Anonymousreply 3306/28/2013

[quote]Hi guys! Guess who!

This cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3406/28/2013

R34, that isn't limited to Manhattan; it's pretty much everywhere. I nearly hit a bicyclist a few days ago who was riding on a sidewalk and went in front of me when I had the right of way.

by Anonymousreply 3506/28/2013

The people here in Texas who did not know what DOMA is/was or why we were celebrating it. They looked blank when we explained it to the first three uneducated, unaware barely functional idiots.

by Anonymousreply 3606/28/2013

People who run into each other on the street, then stand in the middle of the sidewalk to talk.

by Anonymousreply 3706/28/2013

Some asshole who thinks I'm his friend sent me a 58 page manual outlining the July 4 trip he is planning to Ptown. He thinks he is hot shit on a silver platter, but we all know he's just cold diarrhea on a paper plate.

by Anonymousreply 3806/28/2013

R33 for canonization.

by Anonymousreply 3906/28/2013

I love living here in Texas, R37. Do you live in a rural area of the state?

by Anonymousreply 4006/28/2013

R41: North Houston.

by Anonymousreply 4106/28/2013

Yeah, that is kind of a crappy part of Houston. Only the east part near Baytown is worse. My condolences.

by Anonymousreply 4206/28/2013

Being in the midst of a larged street celebration (such as a street fair or San Francisco's Prop 8 celebration)and....

WHY do people bring their bikes or strollers into that mass of people? (And act if WE are the problem)

by Anonymousreply 4306/28/2013

People who bring INFANTS to a 10pm R-rated movie showing.

by Anonymousreply 4406/28/2013

Gays who put down openly-gay celebs but are more than happy to support closeted celebs.

by Anonymousreply 4506/28/2013

R45, along the same lines, I hate it when people take their small children to restaurants late at night. It doesn't take a psychic to know the kids are tired and cranky, and eventually they are going to start screaming.

by Anonymousreply 4706/28/2013

Stay at home mothers who don't do anything, yet have the nerve to act snobby when they don't have a dime to their name.

by Anonymousreply 4806/28/2013

People who bring their children to bars. It's a BAR, for fuck's sake! When I was growing up in the 1980s, my parents wouldn't have been caught dead bringing me or my siblings into a bar. Back then, people who brought their kids into a bar were looked down on; it was considered a really low-class thing to do and only trashy people did it. Now, everybody does it, and the worst offenders are upper-middle class people. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 4906/28/2013

I'm taking a class a part of my master's program and this woman who teaches it (who got her masters from university of phoenix, by the way) shits on everything I write. I admit I struggle with APA style because I'm several years removed from my undergraduate work but I swear she will pick out something she disagrees with and harp on it while mentioning nothing else. I don't want to be defensive or feel like I can't take criticism, but I'm sick of being shit all over without any recourse. I tried sending her an email about some of her feedback and she didn't respond.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest...

by Anonymousreply 5006/28/2013

She has a supervisor, R51.

by Anonymousreply 5106/28/2013

People who confuse "What I'm Used To" with "The Way Things Should Be For Everyone Everywhere"

by Anonymousreply 5206/28/2013

last year before holiday season I was shopping at an outlet mall (Pigeon Forge TN) and was sitting outside on a bench waiting for the person I was with to meet me. This annoying child about age 8 or 9 was running around yelling and getting in people's way. The redneck father with the fat beer guzzling belly looked at me and said "You want a kid?" My reply was "No, I don't like children." He looked at me like I was a demon from hell and said "you don't like children?" and I said "no absolutely not." I SHOULD have said "No, especially not yours." That would have been better.

by Anonymousreply 5306/28/2013

People who don't accelerate on freeway entrance ramps.

People who park their huge ass F-350 Trucks or massive Chevy Subdivision SUVs in "compact only" parking spots.

Racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes... in other words, Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 5506/28/2013

[quote]Those cows in the grocery store , who leave their carts in the middle of the aisle, with no sense of anything around them - then give you a dirty look when you move it, to get by.[quote]

The other day was senior day at the supermarket and it was overrun with walker, motorized carts,& canes. In addition to all the "hardware" nearly every aisle had at least two of them arguing over what brand of bran cereal, or toilet paper, or detergent they should get (CHECK THE COUPONS, HARRY!!!)....blocking anyone else from getting past with a cart.

by Anonymousreply 5606/28/2013

Citibikes and Halal food trucks.

by Anonymousreply 5706/28/2013

Posters here who place an extraneous "e" into words and those who incorrectly refer to an R_ by numbering them one number higher than they are. Why do you do that?!

by Anonymousreply 5806/28/2013

R50, in my state a bar could have their license revoked if they're reported and inspectors find people there who are not of drinking age.

by Anonymousreply 5906/28/2013

How rude people hav gotten. So often I interview for jobs and I never hear back from the recruiter/job creator...not even when I send a follow up/thank you email. People lack basic manners.

by Anonymousreply 6006/28/2013

R2 just happen today, the woman stops shopping around "Oh that's my cart!" I moved it so a person in a wheel chair could pass

by Anonymousreply 6106/28/2013

[quote]I think I actually did her a bigger favor by calling the situation to her superiors attention before she annoyed someone who might take it worse than I did.

r4, such a person does not exist.

by Anonymousreply 6206/28/2013

My latest annoyance? R64.

by Anonymousreply 6406/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 6506/28/2013

R66 wins!

by Anonymousreply 6606/28/2013

People who eat ice during a movie.

by Anonymousreply 6706/28/2013

The whole 24/7 cell phone mentality. My partner and I are self employed and, unfortunately, most of our work is on site jobs so most of our clients have our cell numbers. You wouldn't believe how they don't hesitate to use them any time day or night.

One called at 8am last Sunday. Another called when we were in Hawaii at it was 4 FUCKING AM there. Without missing a beat he said "oh...well as long as I have you here..."

We always have a message on our business line that says when were out of the office and will return their call ASAP but they STILL call the god damn cell because they just can't wait.

I often turn mine off but my partner has elderly parents in failing health so he really can't. The hospitals/nursing home call at ridiculous hours for no good reason too. "Your mom has a headache. Is it OK if I give her an aspirin?"

by Anonymousreply 6806/29/2013

Bratty awful rude preteen nephews and my in laws who are their parents, who don't discipline or "notice" their bad behavior. The youngest is definitely prison bound - and went after his brothers with a knife this week.

Thankfully my week at the beach with the whole family is done. Never again

by Anonymousreply 6906/29/2013

R68 -- Are you kidding me? People do that at movies now? I'm glad I don't go to theaters much anymore. Ice eating would drive me to seriously consider "accidentally" spilling my popcorn on the ice-eater. Candy wrapper crinklers try my last nerve though, but the ice thing would be way worse.

by Anonymousreply 7006/29/2013

R51 how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 7106/29/2013

[quote]People who bring INFANTS to a 10pm R-rated movie showing.

This. Last weekend we saw WWZ at a 2:30 matinee, that was mostly full. A female couple had brought their toddler (approximately two years old -- no older than three), and the girl was running around, fidgeting, talking, and whining throughout the first part of the movie. The patrons in the vicinity looked annoyed and made comments under their breath, yet I was the only one with the balls or bad attitude to tell them to attend to her, and then I really said something when the kid began crying.

At that point, one of the women took her out of the theater -- crying the entire way up the aisle and out the door -- and they stayed out for so long that the other woman went to look for them. WTF? I can appreciate parents and guardians wanting to have a life, yet if you can't afford a sitter or don't have other supports, stay at home with the kid(s)!

by Anonymousreply 7206/29/2013

This current wave of Repugs and their anti-abortion crusade drives me fucking nuts.

As far as I'm concerned, there aren't enough abortions.

by Anonymousreply 7406/29/2013

The fact that i am watching this Anna Nicole movie when i should be out hunting for cock.

by Anonymousreply 7506/29/2013

Zimmerman supporters.

Not because I don't agree with them, and I don't, but because rather than supporting him because they actually believe or care if he's not guilty, they support him due to blind hatred of the blacks. This is evident by the incessant hateful racist comments that have nothing to do with the case.

If your contribution to the discussion is how retarded Rachel was, and she was, (big deal we have more than our fair share of retarded people too) or that Martin wore gold teeth in some pic, or that he smoked weed, then you don't give a shit about Zimmerman's guilt or innocence. You just want to see someone, anyone, even a spic, murder a black person and get away with it. Because you wish you could, but you don't have the balls.

by Anonymousreply 7606/29/2013

Datalounge is down AGAIN. Is it another thread purge?

by Anonymousreply 7706/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 7806/30/2013

I'm working with someone again and her hardarsed stance and rudeness just came to the fore. I've been expecting it, but hoped she'd mellowed. There was a minor stuff up at work due to all-round miscommunication and she was nasty. She apologised, but now I want to move on because it's not going to get better.

by Anonymousreply 7907/01/2013

A new supervisor takes neutral observational remarks as negativity.

Fine, you fat cow. Go ahead and electrocute or otherwise injure an employee by putting stuff where it shouldn't be.

And, no, saving two seconds of time on a task that is executed twice a day does not merit the massive disruption you have caused to achieve it.

by Anonymousreply 8107/01/2013

People who line-up at food carts across the sidewalk instead of parallel to the cart.

by Anonymousreply 8207/02/2013

R6, I hate sharepoint too! It is used at my work. It sucks!

by Anonymousreply 8307/02/2013

The BART strike - which is timed perfectly to coincide with my first visit to the Bay Area in 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 8407/02/2013

TV and radio talent who say "5AM this morning" and "12 different countries."

by Anonymousreply 8507/07/2013

People who let their spoiled brats shriek in their yards all day long. For God's sake, just give the little bastard another popsicle to replace the one he stupidly dropped in the dirt and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 8607/07/2013

People who scream out loudly for their children in a store, like they are in their fucking house.

Also, people who have loud conversations in the check-out line.

by Anonymousreply 8707/08/2013

Midwestern weather; last year we received an early Spring followed by a heat wave. This year we get rain every fucking day - like it's Jamaica.

Just when you think you should turn on the air conditioner, rain cools everything off.

Mow your lawn? The grass is so wet it looks like a Michfest fullet when you're done.

Paint? Good luck getting anything to dry properly.

Oh, and this is an auto state, so you get to see assholes aiming for puddles whenever they see people using a sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 8807/08/2013

All the stupid Henry Cavill threads on DL; especially the straight fangurls that post in them.

by Anonymousreply 8907/09/2013

Mary Schmucker brought jars of gravy from Punxsy to Sarasota. With a name like hers, it has to be good.

by Anonymousreply 9007/10/2013

I simply can not find a suitable frame for my jesus latch hook.

by Anonymousreply 9107/12/2013

People who speed past a line of cars waiting to exit then cut in at the very front of the line, not only screwing those waiting, but often stopping traffic in their lane while they try to cut in.

by Anonymousreply 9207/12/2013

People who pull out their cell phones, etc., to check them during a meal or conversation. It's so rude. Even my boss does this as do many of my peers.

People who walk right in front of you (ex. When you're looking for items on a shelf in a store) and don't know enough to say, "Excuse me."

The older I get the more I appreciate politeness and good manners.

by Anonymousreply 9307/12/2013

The mythologising and hero worshipping of anyone who wears a uniform. Some people act heroically but that doesn't mean every fucking Neanderthal who puts on the same uniform also acted heroically. It's embarrassing and counter productive. If everyone is called a hero all the time it cheapens the word for when it is used accurately.

Soldiers, firemen, police officers etc. choose that as a career, they aren't conscripts so why does society demand that they get a round of applause for doing their job?

by Anonymousreply 9407/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 9507/13/2013

I now know that the periods in my life where I can't stand kids are the periods where I'm unhappy. If I'm happy I don't mind kids and their screams.

Tolerance for toddlers and little kids are a great happiness barometer. Maybe it's the same for all the angry queens in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 9607/13/2013

[quote] Ugh I HATE titles like this where the first word is a verb!!!

There, R4fromanotherthread, I saved you the bother.

by Anonymousreply 9707/13/2013

R80 has never seen the homicidal bikers who now inhabit urban America.

by Anonymousreply 9807/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 9907/13/2013

People who lose all sense of boundaries when it comes to their children or their pets.

by Anonymousreply 10007/13/2013

Since retiring from an office job haven't used correction fluid. They've replaced brushes with foam. Harder to be precise when whiting out words.

by Anonymousreply 10107/15/2013

R101 what's with the white-out? You obviously have access to the web so why ye olde typewriter schtick?

by Anonymousreply 10207/17/2013

R101, are you posting from 1975?

by Anonymousreply 10307/17/2013

Newscasters saying how fascinating and refreshing and honest Rachel Jeantel is. Try living with her for a day. Bet she won't be so refreshing. And she is not so honest- lots of lies.

by Anonymousreply 10407/17/2013

Why is it when women use the self-checkout in the supermarket they bag their groceries one-handed? They always hold their purse in one hand and put each item in the bag one at a time with the other and it takes them forever.

by Anonymousreply 10507/18/2013

When you ask someone a question in an email and they ignore it. If it's important that you have an answer, it means sending another email and either asking the same question in a different way or noting to them that they didn't answer, so you're asking again.

by Anonymousreply 10607/18/2013

Two TV hosts this week said "Welcome in."

by Anonymousreply 10707/18/2013

My boss hired a woman who puts on a faux-naive, hippy-dippy persona to get out of work she doesn't want to do.

She also hired a spiteful buddy of hers who is clueless after her whole career at one underperforming company and then 5 years as a stay-at-home mom. This is a good job and it's an important one for our organization. Qualified people would be banging down our door to get it -- can't we do better?

I like my boss and don't understand why she hires these losers.

by Anonymousreply 10807/18/2013

Yoplait Blackberry was hidden at the back of the refrigerator case at Jersey City's Shop Rite.

by Anonymousreply 10907/18/2013

I can't stand it when people walk toward me on the sidewalk whilst engaged with their smartphones. As if everyone should get out of their way because they're too selfish to look where they're going.

by Anonymousreply 11007/18/2013

Vanity phone numbers like, 1800-FLOWERS. I fucking hate them.

by Anonymousreply 11107/19/2013

r111 can't figure out which numbers match letters on Touch Tone Pad. There's probably a new DSM category for the affliction.

by Anonymousreply 11207/19/2013

Jean Jarre, full blast...

by Anonymousreply 11307/19/2013

r112 this why I hate them...Im dyslexic too, which is why it's just a huge annoyance. I usually press a number out of order when dialing a regular number, and you expect me to figure out the corresponding digits for the letters? As if!

by Anonymousreply 11407/19/2013

Audience members texting during Broadway hows! Shut that fucking thing off, Freak!

by Anonymousreply 11507/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 11607/19/2013

I can't stand commercials containing horrible grammar.

The one in the link below is fairly recent and talks about, "Tostito's chips...for wherever your party's at".

There was another national commercial a few years ago for some food product I can't recall that involved a teenager standing outside a girl's house yelling, "Sheila! My microwave's broke!" (Sheila proceeds to let him in the house and they dance off to the kitchen to microwave the amazing product.)

All I can think when I see these is that someone wrote the script, someone filmed it, and I'm sure these ads were vetted multiple times. So clearly no one had a problem with it except old uptight biddies like me... sigh...

by Anonymousreply 11707/19/2013

R112 has contributed at least 20 of her own annoyances to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 11807/20/2013

People my own age.

I'm solidly in elder gay territory and I'm finding I can't deal with my friends who are my own age anymore. They're all stuck in the past, don't ever want to do anything and do nothing but complain about shit.

by Anonymousreply 11907/20/2013

Heat Waves

by Anonymousreply 12007/20/2013

All the bullshit protests over the zimmerman verdict...such nonsense

by Anonymousreply 12107/20/2013

"people walk toward me on the sidewalk whilst engaged with their smartphones."

I walk right into them, every time. Dumb fucks deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 12207/20/2013

People who are just strolling into the office like they are taking a walk in the park in the morning (fooling with their smartphones, carefully sipping a cup of coffee, etc) while people who actually have shit to do are forced to make a b-line around them or push their asses out of the way.

by Anonymousreply 12308/14/2013

Time for a vacation R123

by Anonymousreply 12408/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!