Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Actor Elliott Reid has died

He was in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, among other things.

Does anyone know if he was family?

by Anonymousreply 1702/22/2014

I've not seen any mention of surviving children, or information that eh was ever married in any of his obits...

by Anonymousreply 106/27/2013

He played the Edward R. Murrow-type character on an episode of "I Love Lucy."

by Anonymousreply 206/27/2013

His nephew gave the press the information about his death so.....

[quote] He passed away from heart failure at the assisted-living facility in Studio City, Calif., where he lived, his nephew told the Los Angeles Times.

by Anonymousreply 306/27/2013

Although we lost touch with Ted over the last 5+ years - I did correspond with him by letter in from 2003 through 2006. I have some wonderful letters from him written during that time.

He was my mother's second cousin (his father was her maternal grandmother's brother) and he was quite a good friend of my mother's.

Amongst other occasions in New York, they visited together in Toronto when he traveled here to star in a production of "There's a Girl in My Soup" in the 1970's We have some wonderful photos of his visit to our home at that time.

We also have a magnificent recording of his impersonation of President Kennedy done at a White House Press Correspondents Dinner along with a number of outakes from comedic roles he played on various television shows (including the Dinah Shore Show) which he packaged together and sent to my mother on the occasion of her 75th birthday (in 2003). He narrates the tape with details of the skits involved and how they were conceived, written and performed with the likes of Red Skelton and others.

by Anonymousreply 402/22/2014

Without question, the LEAST hot MM leading man, other than Tom Ewell.

by Anonymousreply 502/22/2014

He wasn't MM's leading man, he was Jane Russell's.

by Anonymousreply 602/22/2014

Nice story, r4

by Anonymousreply 702/22/2014

So young, taken too soon.

by Anonymousreply 802/22/2014

Woooo hooooooo, the Luise Rainer troll is here. Love you LRT

by Anonymousreply 902/22/2014

Got to see Gentlemen Prefer Blondes just last week on the big screen and it was fabulous.

As pointed out, Reid is Jane Russell's leading man; he's ok in the film, but it's not his fault everybody forgets him -- it's not much of a role (really just a plot propeller) and Russell and Monroe are everything in the movie. But he was handsome in an average Joe way.

by Anonymousreply 1002/22/2014

I always liked him in GENTLEMEN - his character pretty much carried the whole plot, in a serviceable way (as R10 says).

But you have to like any actor who shows his character's good sense in preferring the brunette in the film - Russell (the old lush freeper) never was more appealing, funny and sexy. Throwing away every line and generously letting MM have it all (except when she parodied Lorelei in the courtroom).

Of course Russell made a bundle more than Marilyn did in the movie.

Anyone for love?

by Anonymousreply 1102/22/2014

He was really cute in one of his early movies called Young Ideas - I think he was only abut 22 at the time

by Anonymousreply 1202/22/2014

Gay face! Rest in peace Mr. Reid.

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2014

He WAS family, and by all accounts a sweet, caring, and very funny man. My lover did the national tour of "No, No, Nanette" with him and was very fond of him.

by Anonymousreply 1402/22/2014

Is Gentlemen Prefer Blondes the record holder for a movie musical with least amount of songs? Aren't there only like five numbers in the film?

by Anonymousreply 1502/22/2014

Lover?

by Anonymousreply 1602/22/2014

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1702/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.