Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Twin Cities

Might be transferred there.

Tell me Twin Cities folks, where are the best neighborhoods? Mpls or St Paul?

Where's a mass transit friendly hood?

Where to go, what to do?

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 1706/29/2013

So the twin cities are like a colder, friendlier, cleaner, smaller Chicago right?

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 106/27/2013

Given your antisocial proclivities, the Dayton neighborhood just east of downtown St. Paul is for your hip, urban pioneering self.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 206/27/2013

Lake Wobegon

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 306/27/2013

Minneapolis is rather gay-friendly, no?

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 406/28/2013

All neighborhoods have great mass transit in Minneapolis, OP.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 606/28/2013

Is Minneapolis/St. Paul comparable to Chicago in terms of activities/gay nightlife/culture? I've never been though I'm curious. I'm from LA but I really enjoyed Chicago.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 706/28/2013

It's not as big as Chicago r7, but generally you can find the same stuff, just less of it.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 806/28/2013

If you ever drive by Riverside Plaza and think "those are nice colorful buildings with a great view, I should check it out"... DON'T

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 906/28/2013

I just googled R9's Riverside Plaza and I'm both fascinated and kind of appalled: That building seriously looks like something that belongs in a 1970's era Soviet-Communist nightmare.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 1006/28/2013

It is the only architectural thing of its kind in Twin Cities, R10. A real anomaly.

I think it was built in the 1960's, wasn't it?

It's been full of the very low income, welfare types, and criminals for eons. And not a good neighborhood.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 1106/28/2013

But what NEIGHBORHOODS are the best to live in?

I'm trying to do online searches for houses and not sure of anything, other than apparently Uptown is kind of hip and trendy.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 1206/28/2013

Uptown (definitely not to be confused with downtown) is full of hipster snots.

Eden Prairie has the hottest boys.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 1306/28/2013

You want neighborhood info? I'm here to rescue you from your confusion. The Star Tribune recently published/linked a slightly controversial "judgmental map" of Minneapolis. Have a look.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 1406/28/2013

What's Edina like?

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 1506/29/2013

Edina is beautiful with lovely well-kept homes and has excellent city services including excellent snow removal on streets and laying down of salt/dirt in icy roads and excellent pretty parks.

(it's reputation and performance for upkeep and safety measures for Edina streets in the winter surpasses the performance of Minneapolis)

Edina is so connected to Minneapolis proper that a lot of Edina does not seem like a suburb. Mail to Edina residents can be addresses to Edina or Minneapolis.

Edina a close to everything.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 1606/29/2013

I went there on a business trip and a guy I met would only kiss my balls. Didn't do much for me but he said it was too cold to lick.

by Mary Fucking Richardsreply 1706/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!