Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Child actors and actresses usually fall hard...

It's a sad fact of life, isn't it? Do you remember that guy from home alone or Hilary Duff and now Miley Cyrus. Those who mature prematurely usually end up fucked.

by Anonymousreply 3307/23/2013

Hilary Duff is one of the few that turned out just fine. Sure her career dried up, but she was never in trouble as a kid or adult and she's currently married to a rich former hockey player and has a baby. She knew her heyday was over and moved on to starting a family and just does occasional guest spots.

Maybe if these other people could accept when their time in the spotlight has faded and moved on to other things, then they wouldn't be such disasters.

by Anonymousreply 106/27/2013

Miley Cyrus is going to have to parade around as the world's biggest whore. Luckily, that may be close to the truth...she has no talent outside of being slutty and hinting at her taste for strippers.

She may be able to pull off the Lindsay transition of just making an ass out for herself for tabs.

by Anonymousreply 206/27/2013

Hilary Duff is fucking amazing.

Miley Cyrus on the other hand. Have you seen the way she is pretending to be black. Her new song is so fucking embarrassing. I'm so fucking embarrassed for her. Lindsay Lohan turned into a joke, so did Amanda Bynes.

Selene Gomez is doing fine as well, but she is still young. I hope the best for her and Justin B. Love the two.

by Anonymousreply 306/27/2013

Winona Ryder owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 406/27/2013

Winona is still acting & seems to have cleaned up.

by Anonymousreply 506/27/2013

Look at how fucked up Judy was.

by Anonymousreply 606/27/2013

I always think of Dana Plato. No one bothered to sit down with her and talk to her about what she should do next. If they did, she didn't listen. It's like the only thing she knew how to do was be in front of the camera.

by Anonymousreply 706/27/2013

Shirley Temple turned out OK, and she was about as big as a star could get. Ditto Jane Withers.

by Anonymousreply 806/27/2013

We own this thread

by Anonymousreply 906/27/2013

sometimes they join criminal gangs

by Anonymousreply 1006/27/2013

Anissa Jones death was a shock when I was little. OD' . Poor Buffy. Last I heard, Johnny Whitiker was a born again Christian, by day, and trolling alleys and sex clubs, as a chickenhawk, by night. And that was years ago. Poor Jody.

by Anonymousreply 1106/27/2013

A lot of people I went to high school with ended up badly as well...

by Anonymousreply 1206/28/2013

Cute Paul Peterson of the Donna Reed Show ended up just fine. He is an advocate for child actors and does good work to help them with transitions after their 15 minutes has expired. And he got to work with gorgeous Carl Betz everyday too.

by Anonymousreply 1306/28/2013

Uhhm...? Miley Cyrus' net worth is more than 120,000,000.

by Anonymousreply 1406/28/2013

Rusty Hamer never got over being washed up in show business after MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY went off the air. He shot himself at age 42.

by Anonymousreply 1506/28/2013

I'm glad Hilary Duff is gone. Cute but I'll never understand how she sold so many records with that voice and watery music. Please stick to the one thing, actors turned pop stars are the worst.

She was originally offered "Since U Been Gone" but didn't do it as she couldn't hit any of the notes.

by Anonymousreply 1606/28/2013

[quote]Child actors and actresses usually fall hard... It's a sad fact of life, isn't it?

No, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 1706/28/2013

Bobby Driscoll is another sad case . Was a successful chid actor in the 50's, put under contract by Walt Disney, was used as the model for "Peter Pan" ( it's his face , with that turned up nose , we all think of as Peter), then got terrible adolescent acne, and the studio dropped him. Couldn't really get another acting job, became a heavy drug user, and died at age 31, in an alley in NYC. By then, no one remembered him, his body went unclaimed, and finally, he was buried in a pauper's grave. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 1806/28/2013

I find it difficult to have much sympathy for Dana Plato.

by Anonymousreply 1906/30/2013

Conrad Bain said he tried to talk Dana out of having her son, she got pregnant with him while still on Different Strokes. So basically Bain admitted that he suggested she get an abortion, which was good advice, he tried to look after her. He knew the baby would ruin her career, and it did, she never recovered from being fired from Different Strokes.

by Anonymousreply 2006/30/2013

It's the parents. Shirley Temple and Deanna Durbin and all the others who have fared well have had good parenting that kept them grounded. Same with Ron Howard. The parents make all the difference.

by Anonymousreply 2106/30/2013

And she didn't listen to him? She was a fool. The only legacy she left her son was one of failure and addiction and suicide. He eventually OD himself a couple of years ago IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 2206/30/2013

Yep r22, and interesting how it mirrored Anna Nicole and her son.

by Anonymousreply 2306/30/2013

Michael Jackson owns this thread.

Close second: Elizabeth Taylor.

Truly the most successful of child actors is Jodie Foster, but like Ms. Taylor, she too turned out to be a little on the bat shit crazy side.

by Anonymousreply 2406/30/2013

R18, what a sad story. I looked him up and found his story. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 2506/30/2013

Mini Biography

Bobby Driscoll was a natural-born actor. Discovered by chance at the age of five-and-a-half in a barber shop in Altadena, CA. and then convincing in anything he ever undertook on the movie screen and on television throughout his career spanning 17 years (1943-1960). Includes such notable movie screen appearances as The Fighting Sullivans (1944), Song of the South (1946), So Dear to My Heart (1948), and The Window (1949), which was not only the sleeper of 1949 but even earned him his Academy Award in March 1950 as the outstanding juvenile actor of 1949.

For his role as Jim Hawkins in Walt Disney's Treasure Island (1950), he eventually received his Hollywood Star on 1560 Vine Street, and in 1954 he was chosen in a nation-wide poll for a Milky Way Gold Star Award (for his work on TV and radio). But all the more tragic, then, was his fruitless struggle to find a place in a pitiless adolescent world after severe acne had stalled his acting career at 16. When his face was no longer charming and his voice not smooth enough to be used for voice-over jobs, his last big movie hit was the voice of animated Peter Pan (1953), for which he was also the live-action model.

When his contract with the Disney studios was prematurely terminated shortly after the release of Peter Pan (1953) in late March 1953, his mother additionally took him from the talent-supporting Hollywood Professional School, which he attended by then. On his new School, the public Westwood University High School, on which he graduated in 1955, all of a sudden his former stardom became more burden than advantage. He successfully continued acting on TV until 1957 and even managed to get two final screen roles; in The Scarlet Coat (1955) and opposite of Mark Damon and Connie Stevens in The Party Crashers (1958). His life became more and more a roller coaster ride that included several encounters with the law and his eventual sentencing as a drug addict in October 1961.

Released in early 1962, rehabilitated and eager to make a comeback, Bobby was ignored by the very industry that once had raised and nurtured him, because of his record as a convict and former drug addict. First famous... now infamous. Hoping to revive his career on the stage after his parole had expired in 1964, he eventually traveled to New York, only to learn that his reputation had preceded him, and no one wanted to hire him there, either. After a final appearance in 'Piero Heliczer's Underground movie _Dirt_, in 1965 and a short art-period at Andy Warhol's so-called Factory, he disappeared into the underground, thoroughly dispirited, funds depleted.

On March 30, 1968, two playing children found his dead body in an abandoned East Village tenement. Believed to be an unclaimed and homeless person, he was buried in an unmarked pauper's grave on Hart Island, where he remains.

by Anonymousreply 2606/30/2013

Can I say, Emma Roberts?

Or Is it too early.

by Anonymousreply 2707/23/2013

Michael Jackson, Liz Taylor, Jodie all did very well in transiting to being adult stars.

by Anonymousreply 2807/23/2013

Considering you were comforting the bitch after she beat you up Evan, I'd say, yeah, it's a little too early.

by Anonymousreply 2907/23/2013

Wow op! What an amazing observation!! I don't think I've ever heard this discussed before!

by Anonymousreply 3007/23/2013

Nobody likes you R30. Nobody.

by Anonymousreply 3107/23/2013

"Those who mature prematurely usually end up fucked."

It's not maturity, it's being financially exploited at an early age. When a child becomes a moneymaker, the average parents forget about raising a healthy and sane child, and do whatever it takes to keep the money rolling in. A child star is both indulged and stressed in ways no child can bear.

In ten years, Justin Bieber is going to own this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3207/23/2013

Damn r32, is it really going to take ten years?

by Anonymousreply 3307/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!